PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Hidden Gems already on the roster

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-21-2018, 02:30 PM
Was listening to some podcast about these guys and we have some players that can be starters this year but this guy really got my attention

Jordan Sterns ,Safety OSU

Dude lays the wood!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/j7uQnLXh0hk" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Other guys that have a shot to make the 53.......

Dade Nicholas
Jace Amaro
Marcus Kemp
Gehrig Deiter..... I really like this guy, they say he drops NOTHING

Thoughts

pugsnotdrugs19
04-21-2018, 02:36 PM
I like Ashton Lampkin, but he is coming off an ACL.

RealSNR
04-21-2018, 02:40 PM
Veach mentioned Reasor and Redmond at CB. Reasor I recall played very well in the Denver Mahomes game.

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-21-2018, 02:42 PM
I like Ashton Lampkin, but he is coming off an ACL.
Another OSU DB

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MT5BxOo9ES4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DaNewGuy
04-21-2018, 03:18 PM
Marcus "Reign Man" Kemp

loochy
04-21-2018, 03:43 PM
Frank "weak and slow" Zombo

Dante84
04-21-2018, 03:51 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NMtCoISLe8w" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NfK2_XDGYpM" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RunKC
04-21-2018, 03:56 PM
Parker Ehinger

Dude surprised us and was rock solid as a rookie. I remember reading that we averaged half a yard more rushing with him than after he got injured.

He was only only able to train his non-injured leg most of last offseason and was clearly not ready. He has put a lot of time in the weight room and bulked up.

I think he can be a decent starter at LG.

Easy 6
04-21-2018, 04:40 PM
Lampkin doesnt sound so hot in this scouting report

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/ashton-lampkin?id=2557985

Simply Red
04-21-2018, 04:45 PM
Interesting - Thanks for sharing - I'll listen after I go pee - thanks again!

RealSNR
04-21-2018, 04:50 PM
Parker Ehinger

Dude surprised us and was rock solid as a rookie. I remember reading that we averaged half a yard more rushing with him than after he got injured.

He was only only able to train his non-injured leg most of last offseason and was clearly not ready. He has put a lot of time in the weight room and bulked up.

I think he can be a decent starter at LG.

We won't fill all upgrade needs through the draft. There will be a handful of spots where we just have to live with the guys we've got on the roster or hope/pray a late round/UDFA guy comes out of nowhere.

LG will be fine if we don't draft a guy. People hate on Witzmann because he's not great, but he'd make a pretty good backup G (at least better than Fulton has ever been for us) and if forced to start because Ehinger's injury really did him in, we'd likely get the equivalent production of last year. We can live with that and kick the can down the road for another year.

In the meantime, if Ehinger is actually healthy, he has the potential to be really good as a starter.

slapnutz_4
04-21-2018, 05:25 PM
That would be great... Have u read somewhere he has bulked up or see it somewhere else?
QUOTE=RunKC;13526258]Parker Ehinger

I think he can be a decent starter at LG.[/QUOTE]

Simply Red
06-17-2018, 12:31 AM
I heard a podcast saying Jordan Stearns is coming along well.

TRR
06-17-2018, 05:29 AM
KC could have something in Arrion Springs as well. Really liked his play at Oregon. It felt like he was there forever. Not the biggest, fastest, or strongest player but he’s instinctive and gives you 110% every play. I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t find his way on the roster.

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-17-2018, 05:40 AM
KC could have something in Arrion Springs as well. Really liked his play at Oregon. It felt like he was there forever. Not the biggest, fastest, or strongest player but he’s instinctive and gives you 110% every play. I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t find his way on the roster.

What position does he play ?

TRR
06-17-2018, 05:43 AM
What position does he play ?

Cornerback. Little snipet about him below...

Springs was told by those around him not to play defense because of leg issues he'd had since birth (pigeon-toed feet, bowlegged). He ignored that advice to become an All-Area pick in San Antonio (63 tackles, four interceptions as a senior) and top-10 cornerback prospect nationally. Springs played immediately as a freshman as a reserve and on special teams, making three tackles. He earned a starting spot his sophomore year, making 53 stops, intercepting one pass, tying for the team lead with 12 pass breakups, and two forced fumbles. Again the team relied on him to start nine of 12 games in 2016 (39 tackles, 3.5 for loss, team-best 12 pass breakups). Springs saved his best for last, garnering honorable mention All-Pac-12 notice by starting 12 of 13 games played and leading the team with 18 pass breakups. He also had 42 tackles, four for loss, an interception, and one sack on the year

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-17-2018, 05:46 AM
Cornerback. Little snipet about him below...

Springs was told by those around him not to play defense because of leg issues he'd had since birth (pigeon-toed feet, bowlegged). He ignored that advice to become an All-Area pick in San Antonio (63 tackles, four interceptions as a senior) and top-10 cornerback prospect nationally. Springs played immediately as a freshman as a reserve and on special teams, making three tackles. He earned a starting spot his sophomore year, making 53 stops, intercepting one pass, tying for the team lead with 12 pass breakups, and two forced fumbles. Again the team relied on him to start nine of 12 games in 2016 (39 tackles, 3.5 for loss, team-best 12 pass breakups). Springs saved his best for last, garnering honorable mention All-Pac-12 notice by starting 12 of 13 games played and leading the team with 18 pass breakups. He also had 42 tackles, four for loss, an interception, and one sack on the year

OK, so if he's pigeon toed and bowlegged the only team where I would think he'd be an upgrade is Denver.

HemiEd
06-17-2018, 07:53 AM
OK, so if he's pigeon toed and bowlegged the only team where I would think he'd be an upgrade is Denver.

If he has the will to tackle he will be an upgrade for the Chiefs.

Flying High D
06-17-2018, 07:54 AM
Excuse me it read 42 tackles, a CB that can tackle. Who would of thought? That is a novel concept.

HemiEd
06-17-2018, 08:15 AM
Excuse me it read 42 tackles, a CB that can tackle. Who would of thought? That is a novel concept.

:eek: It would almost be like 11 on 11 then, holy crap.

ChiefGator
06-18-2018, 05:38 AM
:eek: It would almost be like 11 on 11 then, holy crap.

https://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/brilliant2.jpg

Halfcan
06-18-2018, 08:29 AM
Sterns looks like a stud. He is exactly what we need back there. Receivers will need to think about taking a huge hit when they go over the middle on us. The last few years, offenses have owned us over the middle since we have had such a poor tackling secondary.

Sterns highlights are pretty impressive, run support, sacking the QB, special teams punt block, deep help for the corner. He does not have many many holes in his game. Love the intensity and the natural nose for the ball.

KChiefs1
06-18-2018, 02:08 PM

Springs is my sleeper.

https://youtu.be/65VS4jOYQIc

MVChiefFan
06-18-2018, 02:55 PM
I don’t care who it is, I just hope someone steps up in a big way and takes the other safety position. Anyone not named Eric Berry has been mediocre to awful. We definitely need some help back there.

Kiimo
06-18-2018, 03:19 PM
Tremon Smith.

O.city
06-19-2018, 08:25 AM
Tremon Smith.

I was just coming here to post this.

I think he ends up starting this year. Could be a good player quickly.

MVChiefFan
06-19-2018, 08:55 AM
Tremon Smith.

Yep, he’s the new CB I have the highest hopes for. He has all the intangibles, now if it can just translate to the pro game, we may have something.

Chiefshrink
06-19-2018, 09:06 AM
Sterns looks like a stud. He is exactly what we need back there. Receivers will need to think about taking a huge hit when they go over the middle on us. The last few years, offenses have owned us over the middle since we have had such a poor tackling secondary.

I get your point BUT as the lawyers continue to legislate the rules of the NFL favoring the offense the majority of the time, going over the middle for a receiver in due time will be like picking flowers.:rolleyes:

I don’t care who it is, I just hope someone steps up in a big way and takes the other safety position. Anyone not named Eric Berry has been mediocre to awful. We definitely need some help back there.

This !!:thumb:

TRR
06-19-2018, 01:26 PM

Sterns highlights are pretty impressive, run support, sacking the QB, special teams punt block, deep help for the corner. He does not have many many holes in his game. Love the intensity and the natural nose for the ball.

Sterns always felt like a LB stuck in a safeties body. He’s not the most impressive athlete and will need to get MUCH better (maybe he has?) in coverage to see the field in the NFL. He struggles pretty bad in coverage during his time in College.

Kiimo
06-19-2018, 03:09 PM
Yep, he’s the new CB I have the highest hopes for. He has all the intangibles, now if it can just translate to the pro game, we may have something.

Was not invited to a major all star game. Had no combine invite. Ran two 4.3 40s on his pro day.

He's not that tall, 5'11 in cleats I think. But he's fast as hell and reportedly is a Peters-esque ball hawk.

I hope he blows up in camp.

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-19-2018, 07:57 PM
Was not invited to a major all star game. Had no combine invite. Ran two 4.3 40s on his pro day.

He's not that tall, 5'11 in cleats I think. But he's fast as hell and reportedly is a Peters-esque ball hawk.

Would that not be sweet if we replaced Peters with PetersII that has a great attitude and likes to tackle.

Chiefaholic
06-19-2018, 08:12 PM
Would that not be sweet if we replaced Peters with PetersII that has a great attitude and likes to tackle.

Apparently we had an undrafted free agent just show up to camp and is tearing it up with blazing speed. Some dude named Leon Sandcastle....Never heard of him. :hmmm:

KChiefs1
06-19-2018, 08:18 PM
Tremon Smith.

He is my 2nd pick behind Springs.

I just have a feeling a CB is going to shine in training camp & push for a starting spot.

MVChiefFan
06-19-2018, 08:31 PM

Oh yeah, all of this!!! I think he has all the ability in the world, just somehow slipped under everyone’s radar. Hopefully it works out splendidly for us.

bricks
06-19-2018, 10:08 PM
This team continues to impress me of late with their influx of young talent coming in on defense from FA, and draft. I have a good feeling a handful of these guys will be good and help the defense.

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-20-2018, 01:44 AM

Color me impressed. Has played receiver and can return punts. Has ball skills and wants the ball.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/65zO6W5p9GI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shit, he played QB too

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nN-DLAWJ7zM" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yep, love his skill set

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mjWSkNI3QWo" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

O.city
06-20-2018, 08:34 AM
Be awesome if he takes off at CB like HIll did at WR.

RippedmyFlesh
06-20-2018, 02:03 PM
Was listening to some podcast about these guys and we have some players that can be starters this year but this guy really got my attention

Jordan Sterns ,Safety OSU

Dude lays the wood!

Thoughts

If he could start and sorenson is your 3rd safety that is a great group at safety. He seems more physical than parker but also has some ball skills I think he can help this d this year.

MVChiefFan
06-20-2018, 02:41 PM
Color me impressed. Has played receiver and can return punts. Has ball skills and wants the ball.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/65zO6W5p9GI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shit, he played QB too

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nN-DLAWJ7zM" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yep, love his skill set

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mjWSkNI3QWo" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:thumb:

Kiimo
06-20-2018, 06:51 PM
For years when I was younger I discounted the "former QB" thing they attribute to receivers.

But it's real. Somehow being a QB and handling the football all the time translates to ball skills as a receiver. And if you're a former QB and WR well I gotta think that's where his ball hawking comes from.

If you run a 4.3 you shouldn't be out there playing QB. I hope this guy is another Hill for sure.

And I'm real happy to inject some more speed into the secondary.