PDA

View Full Version : Life So, I'm going to move to upstate NY

rabblerouser
04-22-2018, 08:19 PM
I'm going to move up there to be close to my daughter. I don't know anyone in the area besides her, my ex wife and her husband, I don't have a job or a place to live yet...and I don't know exactly how I'm going to accomplish this, but I can't do the distance any longer. Won't do it.

I have a bunch of music gear and records to sell, I could get a few thousand up pretty damn quick.

Rent isn't as bad as I thought it would be...I'm just going to miss the Midwest.

Just not as much as I miss my daughter.

Al Bundy
04-22-2018, 08:21 PM
You'll find that a lot of folks from Buffalo (if that's where you're going) are a lot like folks in the midwest.

rabblerouser
04-22-2018, 08:22 PM
You'll find that a lot of folks from Buffalo (if that's where you're going) are a lot like folks in the midwest.

Pretty close - in between Syracuse and Rochester.

Finger Lakes, by Seneca Lake, Geneva/Ithica/etc

threebag
04-22-2018, 08:24 PM
Hope all goes smooth and you get there soon :thumb:

Sassy Squatch
04-22-2018, 08:25 PM
I lived in Henrietta, NY for 4 years. Be prepared for shit weather for pretty much 9 months.

Sassy Squatch
04-22-2018, 08:28 PM
https://www.thedistillery.com

This was my go to place to watch Chiefs games during those horrible Pioli years.

siberian khatru
04-22-2018, 08:31 PM
I lived in Henrietta, NY for 4 years. Be prepared for shit weather for pretty much 9 months.

I lived in Pittsford from 1980-83. Liked it a lot. Although Rochester has had some hard times since then.

And yes, you have to put up with snow and slush from October to March.

Sassy Squatch
04-22-2018, 08:37 PM
What field of work are you in? A lot of people lost their jobs when Kodak died, but a lot of businesses sprouted from all the workers that hit the market.

rabblerouser
04-22-2018, 08:37 PM
I know - the weather, the not knowing anyone, and the whole "everything is expensive as fuck" parts are the big negatives.

Any other negatives/positives?

rabblerouser
04-22-2018, 08:38 PM
What field of work are you in? A lot of people lost their jobs when Kodak died, but a lot of businesses sprouted from all the workers that hit the market.

I work in healthcare administration. I'm sure I can get an okay job up there...but if anyone knows anybody...

Sassy Squatch
04-22-2018, 08:39 PM
I lived in Pittsford from 1980-83. Liked it a lot. Although Rochester has had some hard times since then.

And yes, you have to put up with snow and slush from October to March.
Not to mention all the fucking rain. Pittsford was pretty nice to walk through, though. Even took the boat from there to Fairport and back a few times.

Sassy Squatch
04-22-2018, 08:40 PM
I work in healthcare administration. I'm sure I can get an okay job up there...but if anyone knows anybody...
Yeah, you should be fine with that. I was a highschooler when I lived there, so can't really help you much in the way of networking. Cost of living really isn't THAT much higher, unless you live in a neighborhood like Brighton. The rent on a big 3 story townhouse with a garage was around 1k.

Indian Chief
04-22-2018, 08:41 PM
I know people think of the northeast as super expensive, but upstate NY is really not bad at all. Good luck man.

siberian khatru
04-22-2018, 08:45 PM
Not to mention all the ****ing rain. Pittsford was pretty nice to walk through, though. Even took the boat from there to Fairport and back a few times.

Yep. Rainchester.

Simply Red
04-22-2018, 08:47 PM
I absolutely love this.

Simply Red
04-22-2018, 08:47 PM
Also, It's beautiful up there. I'd give my left pinky finger to move to Manhattan.

Sassy Squatch
04-22-2018, 08:48 PM
Yep. Rainchester.
If you're one of those that doesn't mind rain, you won't have a problem. The snow is an afterthought with how prepared they are for it.

siberian khatru
04-22-2018, 08:51 PM
If you're one of those that doesn't mind rain, you won't have a problem. The snow is an afterthought with how prepared they are for it.

When we first moved there we bought a snow blower and it was my job to get up in the mornings before school to clear the driveway. After 2-3 months of that shit we said **** it and hired a service to do it for us. :D

rabblerouser
04-22-2018, 08:51 PM

I can smoke meat in the rain and the snow...

rabblerouser
04-22-2018, 08:52 PM
When we first moved there we bought a snow blower and it was my job to get up in the mornings before school to clear the driveway. After 2-3 months of that shit we said **** it and hired a service to do it for us. :D

Jesus.

BryanBusby
04-22-2018, 08:53 PM
I can smoke meat in the rain and the snow...
Giggity

Sassy Squatch
04-22-2018, 08:53 PM
Yeah, if it's REALLY bad, it's a pain in the ass, but luckily Buffalo is the city that gets buttfucked by the lake effect snow. If he's even more East than Rochester he probably won't have to deal with too many bad snowstorms.

BigRedChief
04-22-2018, 08:54 PM
Catskills are beautiful. Way too cold and the snow too deep for me to live in upstate NY, but good luck to you.

Sassy Squatch
04-22-2018, 08:57 PM
For reference, there are 215 sunny days per year in KC. There are 165 in Rochester.

LiveSteam
04-22-2018, 08:59 PM

God dam bigfoot country there

DaFace
04-22-2018, 09:00 PM

My wife's cousin and her family live in that area. Beautiful country. Hope you like wine.

RippedmyFlesh
04-22-2018, 10:32 PM
Want a positive? For everyone telling you how the snow sucks their summers suck. In upstate ny you will actually enjoy summer instead of getting heat stroke. The finger lakes area has amongst the most scenic roads in america with lakes on one side and mountains on the other. The fall colors in upstate ny put all others to shame. Welcome to the region.

eDave
04-22-2018, 10:49 PM
I absolutely love this.

It's reminding me of when I did the same thing in moving to Phoenix. No job, no place to live, nothing. Just moved and made it happen.

Never looked back.

bricks
04-22-2018, 10:50 PM
Hey right on Rabblerouser. I wish you the best. Thats a very understandable decision. I live pretty close to Buffalo. Im about 2 hours away and go there from time to time. I’d recommend you go visit Niagara Falls sometime. Awesome place to chill and relax in the spring and summer. Scenery is beautiful.

go bo
04-23-2018, 12:04 AM
I'm going to move up there to be close to my daughter. I don't know anyone in the area besides her, my ex wife and her husband, I don't have a job or a place to live yet...and I don't know exactly how I'm going to accomplish this, but I can't do the distance any longer. Won't do it.

I have a bunch of music gear and records to sell, I could get a few thousand up pretty damn quick.

Rent isn't as bad as I thought it would be...I'm just going to miss the Midwest.

Just not as much as I miss my daughter.

damn, i was going to make a great joke about "have you registered yet"? but here you are talking about your daughter and all and i can't be dissing a guy's family...

a joke about having to register as a sexual offender just doesn't play well here...

bummer, it was a good joke too...

seriously, good luck with that man, it's heartening to see a man care about spending time with his child to help her grow up into a fine and caring adult...

i wish every father felt so strongly about their daughters...

kudos, dood, kudos!

Pushead2
04-23-2018, 12:52 AM
Also, It's beautiful up there. I'd give my left pinky finger to move to Manhattan.

Manhattan or New York City?

I lived in Manhattan for a couple years and it wasn't that great.

(Yes, I'm a native NY'er)

JD10367
04-23-2018, 05:27 AM
Lived in Syracuse for 3 years (1998 to 2000). I was just getting to like it when I left. Traffic's not bad, the air is clean, lots of trees and not a lot of people. The Finger Lakes are pretty with lots of cool small towns (used to drive to Skaneateles on the weekends). Rochester has some cool stuff. Lots of fall festivals in that area too. And you'll get to shop at Wegman's, the best grocery store chain on the planet. You could be moving to worse places.

BigRedChief
04-23-2018, 05:36 AM
For reference, there are 215 sunny days per year in KC. There are 165 in Rochester.My current hometown has the world record for consecutive sunny days, 716.

LOCOChief
04-23-2018, 05:43 AM
Summers are great but the black flies and mosquitoes will eat your ass alive.

tx4chiefs
04-23-2018, 05:45 AM
The Finger Lakes are in a great area. Pretty country there. The main problem with NY is the taxes, thanks to the rest of the state paying for NYC. Also, it will be colder and more snow than you may be used to. Enjoy being near your family!

Still root for the Chiefs.

Sassy Squatch
04-23-2018, 05:59 AM
The Finger Lakes are in a great area. Pretty country there. The main problem with NY is the taxes, thanks to the rest of the state paying for NYC. Also, it will be colder and more snow than you may be used to. Enjoy being near your family!

Still root for the Chiefs.
If he's renting it really shouldn't be a problem. Only thing that's fucking dumb is property tax.

Coochie liquor
04-23-2018, 06:13 AM
For reference, there are 215 sunny days per year in KC. There are 165 in Rochester.

Holy shit, that’s depressing. I get bummed when we have one cloudy day. Couldn’t imagine only 165 days of sun, and 200 days of cloudy. Good luck RR, being close to your daughter will surely make lots of cloudy days seem more sunny!

loochy
04-23-2018, 08:44 AM
I don't have a job or a place to live yet...

Maybe you should sort that out before you go...I'm just saying.
Posted via Mobile Device

RippedmyFlesh
04-23-2018, 08:55 AM
Lived in Syracuse for 3 years (1998 to 2000). I was just getting to like it when I left. Traffic's not bad, the air is clean, lots of trees and not a lot of people. The Finger Lakes are pretty with lots of cool small towns (used to drive to Skaneateles on the weekends). Rochester has some cool stuff. Lots of fall festivals in that area too. And you'll get to shop at Wegman's, the best grocery store chain on the planet. You could be moving to worse places.

You get spoiled by Wegmans. People miss that more when they move away than people. There is a great cafe inside the best grocery store you will ever walk in. When I go out of town and go to other stores it makes me gag to think people eat
the food in them.

Bewbies
04-23-2018, 08:58 AM
Upstate NY in the fall is absurd. Like a painting wouldn't be accepted as real if you saw it on canvas.

Kids are way more important than where you live, so regardless of how good or bad everything else is, your daughter will more than make up for it.

Sassy Squatch
04-23-2018, 08:59 AM
You get spoiled by Wegmans. People miss that more when they move away than people. There is a great cafe inside the best grocery store you will ever walk in. When I go out of town and go to other stores it makes me gag to think people eat
the food in them.
They had some fucking good subs at Wegmans.

Pablo
04-23-2018, 09:00 AM
Posted via Mobile DeviceSounds like the snow shoveling business is booming. Job found.

RippedmyFlesh
04-23-2018, 09:16 AM
They had some fucking good subs at Wegmans.

That's why its great you eat sub pizza wings pasta pannini salad whatever then shop on a full stomach instead of buying a bunch of crap cause you are hungry.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-23-2018, 09:44 AM
Watch your cornhole bud. Bigfoot...

MTG#10
04-23-2018, 10:46 AM
I stayed in Bath for a week during the end of winter. Not very fun.

loochy
04-23-2018, 11:03 AM
I stayed in Bath for a week during the end of winter. Not very fun.

I bet you had some super wrinkled toes and fingers after that. Did you at least change the water daily?

MahiMike
04-23-2018, 11:26 AM
Dude, it's cold up there. Life is short.

gblowfish
04-23-2018, 11:34 AM
It's beautiful country up there. Mohawk River Valley is pretty, and you'll be close to Cooperstown. Not far from Canada or Boston either. Colder than a mo fo in the winter and LOTS of snow.

AssEaterChief
04-23-2018, 12:39 PM
Good luck

Try and get as many of those details hammered out asap!

It will make the transition much easier.

wazu
04-23-2018, 01:02 PM
My current hometown has the world record for consecutive sunny days, 716.

That’s probably what turned it into the largest and most powerful county in the world.

penchief
04-23-2018, 04:18 PM

I live a few miles south of there in the Corning-Elmira area. I know the Ithaca area very well. Sounds like you are somewhat of a music collector, like myself. There is a great used record store in Ithaca called Angry Moms that I frequent about twice a month.

Your reason for wanting to move is a very good one. I wish you luck. As a previous poster has mentioned, upstate New York is largely rural and is more down to earth than most people would imagine.

Sassy Squatch
04-23-2018, 04:27 PM
When you get up there, Dinosaur BBQ isn't terrible for a place to get BBQ. Usually busy as fucking hell, though.

rabblerouser
06-05-2018, 10:20 AM
When you get up there, Dinosaur BBQ isn't terrible for a place to get BBQ. Usually busy as ****ing hell, though.

Yeah?

You saying I should just make my own, then?

State of NY wants my references for Western district legal assistant - fingers crossed!

Simply Red
06-05-2018, 10:24 AM
so how are you liking it hun?

Eureka
06-05-2018, 01:41 PM
How did your daughter get taken to NY?

What if the ex moves away again?

gblowfish
06-05-2018, 02:42 PM
Get used to drinking Genny.

Scooter LaCanforno
06-05-2018, 04:18 PM
Get used to drinking Genny.

Genny Cream Ale.

Scooter LaCanforno
06-05-2018, 04:18 PM
Upstate New Yorkers eat everything with a fork. Pizza, Subs, Hot Dogs and Hamburgers.

Eureka
06-05-2018, 05:41 PM
Upstate New Yorkers eat everything with a fork. Pizza, Subs, Hot Dogs and Hamburgers.

Blasphemy!!!!!

HemiEd
06-05-2018, 05:45 PM

I traveled there a lot on business. Never seen so many pissed off people. After a while I got it and understood. It snowed 15 inches again last night and it is May.

Rain Man
06-05-2018, 05:49 PM
I walked through a neighborhood in Buffalo a few years ago that made me very glad I'm a runner.

MahiMike
06-05-2018, 05:54 PM
How's the ex like you showing up there?

rabblerouser
06-19-2018, 08:11 PM
How did your daughter get taken to NY?

What if the ex moves away again?

She has to have my permission to move her out of state; I got suckered into the deal. But when I move up there, the only place I'm allowing her to move to is back to MO.

How's the ex like you showing up there?

She's all for it.

Her words during our last conversation about this summer's visit : "I can't believe you haven't already moved up here."
Posted via Mobile Device
I can transfer to Glastonbury CT or Wakefield Mass.

I hate Massachusetts.
I walked through a neighborhood in Buffalo a few years ago that made me very glad I'm a runner.

The only time I'll be going to Buffalo is on my to Orchard Park and I'll be decked in Red. And driving.

so how are you liking it hun?
I haven't moved yet.

Ran into a bit of roadblock, have to come up with more $$. Have to come up with more $$, selling records/instruments + lots of OT at work, as well as more live gigs + recording sessions than I've done in over a year.

Can't seem to generate enough income all the sudden...Get used to drinking Genny.
I really don't drink much at all, so it won't bother me.

Gotta be better than the nasty ubiquitous Budweiser of Mid-MO (yech)

Spott
06-19-2018, 08:47 PM
Been to Syracuse quite a bit because my wife’s family are all from there. Great Italian food and bakeries in upstate NY and it feels like the midwest up there.

Ming the Merciless
06-19-2018, 08:50 PM
Move some crystal to upstate ny?

rabblerouser
06-19-2018, 09:02 PM
Move some crystal to upstate ny?

Nah. You've got me confused with KCnative.

I'm strictly organic. Which can apparently still be felonious, not necessarily the fungus itself, but the psilocybin is totally a felony, in any amount. Even the crushed up dusty crumbs in the corner of a baggie...

rabblerouser
06-19-2018, 09:03 PM
Been to Syracuse quite a bit because my wife’s family are all from there. Great Italian food and bakeries in upstate NY and it feels like the midwest up there.

there more I hear/read this, the better I feel...

Ming the Merciless
06-19-2018, 09:07 PM
Nah. You've got me confused with KCnative.

I'm strictly organic. Which can apparently still be felonious, not necessarily the fungus itself, but the psilocybin is totally a felony, in any amount. Even the crushed up dusty crumbs in the corner of a baggie...

Oh jeez

That's horrible man....

Good luck....

Frazod
06-19-2018, 09:15 PM

Same here. Been there several times. The city's a bit of a dump, but hell, what city isn't these days? The suburbs are nice. Definitely has a working class feel to it.

The Thousand Islands area of the St. Lawrence Seaway is fairly close. Beautiful area.

The winters suck balls, though. But I'm sure that's already been discussed.

rabblerouser
06-19-2018, 09:22 PM

this past winter, I hit a deer, then wrecked twice on the ice in MO.

Besides that, what's it matter when you're working at a desk for 9 hours a day anyway?

I'm miserable and lonely already, I'd rather be around my kid.

rabblerouser
06-20-2018, 05:16 AM
Wow, housing in Glastonbury CT is EXPENSIVE.

HOLY FUCK, $1600/MO for a house that is half that in MO...

Spott
06-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Same here. Been there several times. The city's a bit of a dump, but hell, what city isn't these days? The suburbs are nice. Definitely has a working class feel to it.

The Thousand Islands area of the St. Lawrence Seaway is fairly close. Beautiful area.

The first time I went up there I was expecting the obnoxious Jersey shore types with the annoying accents. There are so many of those types that move from the NYC area to where I live in Florida, so I honestly was expecting the rest of the state to be like that. Everyone was pretty nice up there, except for Boeheim. That guy is a dick.

Beef Supreme
06-20-2018, 03:52 PM
Well it's looking like room and board won't be a problem.

SuperBowl4
06-20-2018, 03:56 PM
I know - the weather, the not knowing anyone, and the whole "everything is expensive as ****" parts are the big negatives.

Any other negatives/positives?As long as there is CHIEFSPLANET what could go wrong?

Indian Chief
06-20-2018, 06:00 PM
The first time I went up there I was expecting the obnoxious Jersey shore types with the annoying accents. There are so many of those types that move from the NYC area to where I live in Florida, so I honestly was expecting the rest of the state to be like that. Everyone was pretty nice up there, except for Boeheim. That guy is a dick.

Those people aren't from Jersey, and no one here talks like that.

SuperBowl4
06-21-2018, 06:37 AM
I walked through a neighborhood in Buffalo a few years ago that made me very glad I'm a runner.Whenever I go to Niagra Falls I always stay on the Canadian side. So much cleaner and nicer.

oldman
06-21-2018, 07:26 AM
I'm confused. Are you:
A) Moving to upstate New York?
B) Busted for whatever drug use?
C) Still trying to duck or hit it with the crazy chick?
D) All the above?
E) Obligatory Gaz opinion?

loochy
06-21-2018, 07:40 AM
I'm confused. Are you:
D) All the above?

I feel like he's a bit...scatterbrained...and isn't really sure himself.
Posted via Mobile Device

rabblerouser
06-24-2018, 06:08 PM
I'm confused. Are you:
D) All the above?

1. Yes, within 2 months
2. Lawyered up, can't talk about it
3. Not hard to duck her, ain't trying to hit that. I can hook you up though...
4. really, just A
5. I'm still waiting for Gaz's opinion

rabblerouser
06-24-2018, 06:09 PM
I feel like he's a bit...scatterbrained...and isn't really sure himself.
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh, the situation has defined itself.

I will be moving.

loochy
06-24-2018, 10:28 PM
Oh, the situation has defined itself.

I will be moving.

Oh good. They drop the charges? Or do you get off with just a fine?

rabblerouser
06-25-2018, 08:08 AM
Oh good. They drop the charges? Or do you get off with just a fine?

I'll have to take a misdemeanor possession on my record, some unsupervised probation, and a fine.

It is what it is. Could be worse.

loochy
06-25-2018, 08:09 AM
I'll have to take a misdemeanor possession on my record, some unsupervised probation, and a fine.

It is what it is. Could be worse.

The probation will let you move? I had probation from a college mishap and they wouldn't let me leave the state.
Posted via Mobile Device

rabblerouser
06-25-2018, 09:07 AM
The probation will let you move? I had probation from a college mishap and they wouldn't let me leave the state.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'll be moved by the time we enter a plea, so that will be my address. As long as NY accepts my probation (and most indications are that they will) I should have no problems.

You must've had supervised probation.

patteeu
06-25-2018, 03:49 PM
Congratulations. That sounds like a pretty good result. I hope it works out for you in NY with your daughter.

rabblerouser
06-26-2018, 11:22 AM
Congratulations. That sounds like a pretty good result. I hope it works out for you in NY with your daughter.

Thank you. I appreciate it, but it's really just the beginning - it's a big undertaking, moving what I can't sell, give away, or leave behind + my dog and 2 vehicles, all while juggling my current job + job search/housing search up there/etc.

In fact, I'm scared shitless and pretty overwhelmed.

I've been selling lots of records and I've sold a few guitars, about to trade a Vox AC50/Soldano 412 guitar rig for a smaller amp + studio time...but I just can't seem to gain enough $$ + lose enough bulky stuff quick enough...

There's lots of better causes in the world, but if anyone wants to donate, every little bit counts.

https://fundly.com/jeremy-s-move-to-ny?ft_pid=2xvo0dcp

Thanks

rabblerouser
06-27-2018, 05:17 PM
Phone interviews at AFLAC in Rochester and Finger Lakes Regional Health in Geneva set up

Spott
06-27-2018, 06:04 PM
Thank you. I appreciate it, but it's really just the beginning - it's a big undertaking, moving what I can't sell, give away, or leave behind + my dog and 2 vehicles, all while juggling my current job + job search/housing search up there/etc.

In fact, I'm scared shitless and pretty overwhelmed.

I've been selling lots of records and I've sold a few guitars, about to trade a Vox AC50/Soldano 412 guitar rig for a smaller amp + studio time...but I just can't seem to gain enough $$ + lose enough bulky stuff quick enough...

There's lots of better causes in the world, but if anyone wants to donate, every little bit counts.

https://fundly.com/jeremy-s-move-to-ny?ft_pid=2xvo0dcp

Thanks

Do you have any weed that you would like to sell? Asking for a friend.

rabblerouser
06-27-2018, 06:36 PM
Do you have any weed that you would like to sell? Asking for a friend.

Nope. Unfortunately I do not.

I hear that shit is legal to buy in Colorado, not too far out ("faaaar out, maaaaaaaan")

Or you could try mail order, though that has always seemed too dubious to risk for me, but...to each their own.

I got some killer records to sell you that you can totally groove to after you smoke the weed you find.

rabblerouser
07-04-2018, 06:48 AM
Looking at places...rent isn't THAT much more expensive than, say, KC or Columbia.

rabblerouser
07-11-2018, 07:31 AM
Looking at a rent-to-own situation in the Waterloo area, approx 20 min drive to work/kiddos.

Coming together...

Jewish Rabbi
07-11-2018, 09:38 AM
Looking at a rent-to-own situation in the Waterloo area, approx 20 min drive to work/kiddos.

Coming together...

Rent to own is almost as big of a racket as payday loans. I’d run away from that.

rabblerouser
07-11-2018, 10:58 AM
Rent to own is almost as big of a racket as payday loans. I’d run away from that.

Well, it's a private home through a realtor, so if it's too out of hand I'll just look somewhere else...

rabblerouser
07-31-2018, 07:37 PM
Putting the deposit on my new place in Seneca Falls tonorrow.

rabblerouser
07-31-2018, 07:42 PM

Yeah I got a 1 bedroom apt with all utilities pd for $625/MO (!)

Had to jump on it.

redfan
08-01-2018, 06:35 AM
What a pleasant thread to read. I wish you good luck rabble, YBF!!

loochy
08-01-2018, 06:43 AM

How about you put a deposit on your car insurance deductible?
Posted via Mobile Device

rabblerouser
08-01-2018, 07:09 AM
What a pleasant thread to read. I wish you good luck rabble, YBF!!

Thank you!

rabblerouser
08-02-2018, 10:43 AM
How about you put a deposit on your car insurance deductible?
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't think I need to, between the full coverage, collision, and gap insurance, I'm coming out with around $2k cash money...but thanks for the advice?

Simply Red
08-02-2018, 10:47 AM
Go to the Poconos RR. Pretty unique landscape IMO

Simply Red
08-02-2018, 10:50 AM
Go to the Poconos RR. Pretty unique landscape IMO

Yee - guess it's 3 hours to there - further than I'd have imagined - but maybe for a trip one day - those things are really damned cool.

JD10367
08-02-2018, 11:55 AM

Less than an hour from Syracuse, slightly more than an hour to Rochester, few hours road trip to Buffalo for NFL games, Niagara Falls, onward to Toronto. Not bad.

scho63
08-02-2018, 05:33 PM
You gonna pay the rent with all the weed you no longer smoke? :hmmm:

nychief
08-02-2018, 05:44 PM

Ithaca is a good little college town, good bars etc... shitty weather. Easy bus ride to manhattan. Good luck.

rabblerouser
08-04-2018, 03:57 PM
You gonna pay the rent with all the weed you no longer smoke? :hmmm:

I have a job. I don't sell weed.

rabblerouser
08-04-2018, 03:57 PM
Ithaca is a good little college town, good bars etc... shitty weather. Easy bus ride to manhattan. Good luck.

Thank you.

joombo
08-06-2018, 05:38 AM
I just returned from my trip to NY and I must say I'm fond of this city. I booked cheap tickets at Fareboom and saved more money for entertainments. That was my first trip to NY and it was unforgettable. Now I started thinking of moving to upstate NY too.

rabblerouser
12-07-2018, 12:38 AM
I just returned from my trip to NY and I must say I'm fond of this city. I booked cheap tickets at Fareboom and saved more money for entertainments. That was my first trip to NY and it was unforgettable. Now I started thinking of moving to upstate NY too.

Leaving next week.

threebag
12-07-2018, 12:40 AM
Good Luck

rabblerouser
12-09-2018, 08:09 PM
Plan is to leave Weds and watch the game in my new place on Thurs.

rabblerouser
12-09-2018, 08:09 PM
Good Luck

Thank you.

TwistedChief
12-09-2018, 08:13 PM

Change can be very good. Sending good vibes your way as you become an east coast guy.

Chiefs victories sure help in the midst of this though!

Cntrygal
12-09-2018, 08:17 PM

I grew up in that region... it's a great area.

BWillie
12-09-2018, 08:18 PM
Hopefully it's not as shitty as Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Detroit.

patteeu
12-09-2018, 08:19 PM

Good luck. Don’t forget to take a warm coat.

rabblerouser
12-13-2018, 07:29 AM
Almost to the Indiana Line...

threebag
12-13-2018, 07:43 AM
Hopefully it's not as shitty as Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Detroit.

DC, San Antone and the Liberty Town, Boston and Baton Rouge
Tulsa, Austin, Oklahoma City, Seattle, San Francisco, too

loochy
12-13-2018, 07:44 AM

I've been everywhere, man
I've been everywhere, man
Crossed the deserts bare, man
I've breatherd the mountain air, man
Travel, I've had my share, man
I've been everywhere
Posted via Mobile Device

rabblerouser
12-13-2018, 07:57 AM
Sioux City, Kansas City - beat the Chargers cause they're shitty!

I've been everywhere, man...

Reerun_KC
12-13-2018, 08:04 AM

Don’t you live in Wichita?

Reerun_KC
12-13-2018, 08:04 AM
Sioux City, Kansas City - beat the Chargers cause they're shitty!

I've been everywhere, man...

You make it?

rabblerouser
12-13-2018, 11:17 AM
You make it?

Through Ohio? Not yet.

eDave
12-13-2018, 11:23 AM
Right on Rabble. Turn that page.

Safe travels man.

Sassy Squatch
12-13-2018, 11:24 AM
Get off your phone and drive, ya dingus.