PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto 2003 Ford Taurus Wagon Window Issue

Dinny Bossa Nova
04-30-2018, 04:18 PM
The car is white.

Front passenger window goes down, but will not go up. Not even with Mongo himself pulling on it.

Have checked the wires in the door hinge harness.

All the youtube vids I found, the motor in the door is making a clicking sound. This car does not click or any sound at all.

I'm officially throwing up the SAUTO signal.

Dinny

Frosty
04-30-2018, 04:39 PM
The car is white.

Too bad. The black ones don't have this problem.

BryanBusby
04-30-2018, 04:43 PM
LMAO

CoMoChief
04-30-2018, 04:44 PM
jfc a taurus wagon? I wouldnt be coming around here admitting you own one.

time to get some new wheels buddy.

ModSocks
04-30-2018, 04:50 PM
Doubt it's anything more than the power window motor. Replace it and move on.

TimeForWasp
04-30-2018, 04:52 PM
rolls down but not up, probably in the switch.

Easy 6
04-30-2018, 04:53 PM
Yeah its just the motor, or has come off track... Sauto will have you fixed up in no time

SAUTO
04-30-2018, 05:17 PM
When you say is rolls down do you actually mean it rolled down and never went back up?

Kiimo
04-30-2018, 05:22 PM
My brother once owned a white ford taurus wagon.

He called it Noc Su Kar (The White Wagon).

New World Order
04-30-2018, 05:24 PM

LMAO

Dinny Bossa Nova
04-30-2018, 08:40 PM
When you say is rolls down do you actually mean it rolled down and never went back up?

Yup. You can hear the motor run fine when it is rolling down. Both switches (driver & passenger door) work when rolling down.

Neither switch (driver or passenger door) work when trying to roll up. Motor sounds fine when rolling down. No sound anywhere when trying to roll up with either door button.

disclaimer-not my car. it's um...my BASS PLAYER'S car. Let's call him...Mike. Yeah, that's the ticket. my Taurus is actually black. Yeah. 2008. And it's not a wagon at all...

yeah, that's the ticket.

Dinny

TambaBerry
04-30-2018, 08:44 PM
Have you tried putting a little upwards pressure on the window switch? Like don't pull it all the way up hard just lightly pull it up. My last car had that issue

SAUTO
04-30-2018, 08:47 PM
Yup. You can hear the motor run fine when it is rolling down. Both switches (driver & passenger door) work when rolling down.

Neither switch (driver or passenger door) work when trying to roll up. Motor sounds fine when rolling down. No sound anywhere when trying to roll up with either door button.

disclaimer-not my car. it's um...my BASS PLAYER'S car. Let's call him...Mike. Yeah, that's the ticket. my Taurus is actually black. Yeah. 2008. And it's not a wagon at all...

yeah, that's the ticket.

Dinny

How do you ever get it up to know?

chinaski
04-30-2018, 09:04 PM
It's the motor.

Been several years ago, but I had an '03 Mustang GT that had the same problem. It's a fairly straight forward job, remove door panel and replace motor. You will need a 1/4 drive ratchet and I believe a 10mm socket. There is a little bit of finagling to get the motor in, but it's not rocket surgery. Local parts store should have the motors, but I bought mine on eBay.

Dinny Bossa Nova
04-30-2018, 09:07 PM
How do you ever get it up to know?

Little blue pill. If you don't mind, I'd like to keep that just between us...

He just showed up at rehearsal today and sprung it on me after the charts and pre-production meeting right before he left.

He didn't have the window all the way down, so there was room to play with. I guess the window had problems before, but would go up eventually. Now it finally gave out?

Dinny

chinaski
04-30-2018, 09:09 PM

He just showed up at rehearsal today and sprung it on me after the charts and pre-production meeting right before he left.

He didn't have the window all the way down, so there was room to play with. I guess the window had problems before, but would go up eventually. Now it finally gave out?

Dinny

Yes, they will work on an intermittent basis and then fail completely. Mine failed to roll down in the Taco Bell drive thru, that was the last straw. :)

Dinny Bossa Nova
04-30-2018, 09:09 PM
It smells like a motor issue to me.

Dinny

SAUTO
04-30-2018, 09:11 PM

Dinny it needs tested. Have to remove the door panel to do it. Should have power on one wire and ground on the other when the switch is up and the opposite when its down.

Dinny Bossa Nova
04-30-2018, 09:12 PM
Yes, they will work on an intermittent basis and then fail completely. Mine failed to roll down in the Taco Bell drive thru, that was the last straw. :)

OH GOD, NOOOOO!!!

NOT THE TACO BELL DRIVE THRU!!!?????!1!1

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

Dinny

Dinny Bossa Nova
04-30-2018, 09:13 PM
it needs tested. Have to remove the door panel to do it. Should have power on one wire and ground on the other when the switch is up and the opposite when its down.

I'm all tasted up for a hippie sammich.

Road trip.....

Dinny

SAUTO
04-30-2018, 09:24 PM
I'm all tasted up for a hippie sammich.

Road trip.....

Dinny

I could probably wed. Call the shop tomorrow

Predarat
05-01-2018, 09:05 AM
If you can do without opening and shutting it, if it will go up a window wedge will keep it up until you can get it fixed.

Athis
05-01-2018, 10:38 AM
Before doing anything else..Take the door panel off and give the motor a number of gentle wacks with a hammer or the end of a wrench. Most of the time it is rust that forms inside the motor and prevents the contacts from being made. It has happened to me before..That came from on old mechanic who took pity on me...

SAUTO
05-01-2018, 11:26 AM
Before doing anything else..Take the door panel off and give the motor a number of gentle wacks with a hammer or the end of a wrench. Most of the time it is rust that forms inside the motor and prevents the contacts from being made. It has happened to me before..That came from on old mechanic who took pity on me...

Just thumping the door panel works sometimes too. Or going up and down really fast with the switch

Dinny Bossa Nova
05-01-2018, 01:11 PM

Just thumping the door panel works sometimes too. Or going up and down really fast with the switch

Excellent bulbs both of you all.

Dinny

MahiMike
05-01-2018, 01:47 PM
Common issue on this model. To fix it, you'll need a 5 gallon of kerosene and a pack of matches. Best to fix away from the house...

threebag
05-01-2018, 02:01 PM
Dinny good luck with the Shaggin' Wagon.

dlphg9
05-01-2018, 02:02 PM
Have you tried spitting on it? Maybe it's too big to fit throw the crack without a little lubrication

WhawhaWhat
05-01-2018, 05:15 PM
Did this car come with a free box of tampons?

Have you tried antifreeze?