PDA

View Full Version : Life Yo Momma!

gblowfish
05-13-2018, 10:00 AM
Happy Mothers Day to all the moms of the CPers, living and gone. If you have a favorite picture of your mom, post it and tell us a story. And hey, let's be civil, OK? This is the one day out of the year where mama jokes are off limits.

Here's the story of my mom:

My mom is 85 and living in assisted living home in Benton, Arkansas. She was a hospital administrator and ran operating rooms for 40 years. Here in KC she worked at the Independence San, Osteopathic Hospital, Trinity Lutheran, The KC VA and NKC Hospital. She saw a lot of death and dying the night of the Hyatt Skywalk Collapse, because Trinity was the closest trauma center to the Hyatt, and she was called in to supervise the triage. It was a horrific experience for the doctors, EMTs and nurses that worked that night. I have tremendous respect for her courage. They worked 48 hours straight trying to save people.

My mom is still a Chiefs fan. Not as rabid as my dad was, but her name is on a brick with my dad, me and my wife Mrs. Blowfish under the Lamar Hunt Statue at Arrowhead. She got me the Super Bowl IV ball I have that was signed by the entire team.

Happy Mothers Day Mom. Miss not being with you today. Here's a picture of when she was a senior at Paseo High School.

Rausch
05-13-2018, 10:26 AM
My mom is 85 and living in assisted living...

I know that's a motherfucker...