PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Richie Incognito is un-retiring...

OnTheWarpath15
05-21-2018, 03:36 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Richie Incognito told the Bills he wants to unretire, per source, which is why Buffalo released him from its Reserve/Retired list. Bills and Incognito both moving on - Incognito with hope of playing somewhere else.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/998662696525590529?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 21, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I wouldn't hate it for the right price. This OL needs a mean streak.

O.city
05-21-2018, 03:42 PM
Meh.

Simply Red
05-21-2018, 03:43 PM
Kick the tires

Beef Supreme
05-21-2018, 03:44 PM
Bring him in for a micro-aggression?

Simply Red
05-21-2018, 03:45 PM
did he play last year?

Flying High D
05-21-2018, 03:48 PM
He seems nice.

Rain Man
05-21-2018, 03:48 PM
He only did this to mess with Jonathan Martin.

Flying High D
05-21-2018, 03:49 PM
Now you tell us. Thanks for the info and your time you put into this matter.

ptlyon
05-21-2018, 03:52 PM
Bet Veach has already brought him in incognito

Hydrae
05-21-2018, 04:18 PM
He seems nice.

No, he is not.

BossChief
05-21-2018, 04:19 PM
He and Josh Allen would have been buds.

Rain Man
05-21-2018, 04:21 PM
On an actual football basis, I don't know if he's old and broken down, but it does seem like he'd be a nice one-year plugin at left guard. I want a fortress around Patrick Mahomes II at all times.

Wikipedia says that he has liver and kidney failure, which seems like it would affect his performance, though: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richie_Incognito#2018_season

T-post Tom
05-21-2018, 04:45 PM
FUCK YES. NOW!!!!

https://i.imgur.com/b1dRHdO.jpg

RealSNR
05-21-2018, 04:46 PM
Remember when we signed Kyle Turley?

Yeah, I predict more of the same...

Warrick
05-21-2018, 04:57 PM
He's 34 years old, and he said due to stress (I'm sure there were other factors) that his kidneys and liver were shutting down, but never stated how close he actually was from losing them. They never said anything about failure or needing any sort of transplant, if the doctors are saying he's made a full recovery over the past year off then bring him in for a look.

CasselGotPeedOn
05-21-2018, 05:02 PM
Meh.

This should be your motto.

New World Order
05-21-2018, 05:05 PM
"He's not nice!"

I would think that would be one of the better qualities of an offensive lineman.

Deberg_1990
05-21-2018, 05:11 PM

Turley protected Huard just fine and allowed him to dominate

T-post Tom
05-21-2018, 05:12 PM

WHAT? NOT seeing that at all. Turley had back surgery, declined a 2nd surgery and dropped 75. Then he sat out the 2 seasons before joining the Chiefs. NO way you can compare the 2 situations. Incognito started all 16 games last year. No injuries. Played at a high level.

SAUTO
05-21-2018, 05:14 PM
Didn't turley try to be a tight end first?

T-post Tom
05-21-2018, 05:16 PM
He's 34 years old, and he said due to stress (I'm sure there were other factors) that his kidneys and liver were shutting down, but never stated how close he actually was from losing them. They never said anything about failure or needing any sort of transplant, if the doctors are saying he's made a full recovery over the past year off then bring him in for a look.

I suspect that quote was pure BS. The Bills restructured his contract in his last year and he was making about $2M less. I think he just threw the medical stuff out there because he was admittedly pissed about the contract. This guy went to the Pro Bowl in his last 3 seasons. NO WAY is this Turley 2.0.

T-post Tom
05-21-2018, 05:19 PM
LG is one the few weak links on the offense. This would be a GREAT signing for the Chiefs. We missed our chance on Josh Sitton. Incognito could be just as viable in the short term at a much reduced cost. VEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (And Rainman would give him a kidney if he really needed it.)

srvy
05-21-2018, 05:23 PM
I would love to have him it would lock down LG for the next couple years. But someone with less money problems will get him.

T-post Tom
05-21-2018, 05:26 PM
I would love to have him it would lock down LG for the next couple years. But someone with less money problems will get him.

Total Cap Liabilities: $188,496,703
Top 51: $153,126,148
Team Cap Space: $8,085,723

If those #'s are true, I think Veach could find room.

srvy
05-21-2018, 05:28 PM
Total Cap Liabilities: $188,496,703
Top 51: $153,126,148
Team Cap Space: $8,085,723

If those #'s are true, I think Veach could find room.

I hope so but how many draftees have we signed I dont know.

Flying High D
05-21-2018, 05:30 PM
He has a cute butt.

T-post Tom
05-21-2018, 05:31 PM
I hope so but how many draftees have we signed I dont know.

Here are some potential savings. Either cut, restructure, extension or trade. Ford, Bailey, Sorensen, Harris, and Conley seem like potential candidates.

https://i.imgur.com/W7OItC7.jpg

BryanBusby
05-21-2018, 05:40 PM
Why do you guys think a player that faked his retirement, after the team made him take a paycut, is looking to play for cheap?

That's before mentioning that he's a cunt, a marginal starter at best anymore and will fall off a cliff any day now.

displacedinMN
05-21-2018, 05:43 PM
good luck with that Richie

Coach
05-21-2018, 05:45 PM
Yeah, his #'s at PPF is good, but I'm going to take a pass. Can't rely on a guy who has been unpredictable at best on the off the field.

I mean, he signs with KC, then announces his retirement (again) during training camp, and the Chiefs may or may not be on the hook on that salary. That doesn't bode well.

T-post Tom
05-21-2018, 05:45 PM
Why do you guys think a player that faked his retirement, after the team made him take a paycut, is looking to play for cheap?

"Cheap" is a relative term. Affordable is what the Chiefs need. Doubt he's going to break the bank. Depends on what other teams want him and at what price.

That's before mentioning that he's a ****, a marginal starter at best anymore and will fall off a cliff any day now.

3 Pro Bowls in 3 years.

BryanBusby
05-21-2018, 05:49 PM
"Cheap" is a relative term. Affordable is what the Chiefs need. Doubt he's going to break the bank. Depends on what other teams want him and at what price.

3 Pro Bowls in 3 years.

When does the Pro Bowl mean shit? Cassel and Alex were in it.

He hated the fact he could make up to only 5 million in a redone deal, so what exactly makes you think that kind of money would fit here?

T-post Tom
05-21-2018, 05:50 PM
Yeah, his #'s at PPF is good, but I'm going to take a pass. Can't rely on a guy who has been unpredictable at best on the off the field.

I mean, he signs with KC, then announces his retirement (again) during training camp, and the Chiefs may or may not be on the hook on that salary. That doesn't bode well.

Started 16 games each year for last 3 years. Pro Bowl 2015, 2016, 2017. Gotta luv that. Predictable in a good way.

T-post Tom
05-21-2018, 05:53 PM
When does the Pro Bowl mean shit? Cassel and Alex were in it.

He hated the fact he could make up to only 5 million in a redone deal, so what exactly makes you think that kind of money would fit here?

Like I said, it'll depend on what the market dictates. He would fill a huge hole for the Chiefs and really help our young QB. Hope Veach is working on it.

Cheer up, don't be a Debbie Downer... good things can happen.

http://www.jillchristensenintl.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Debbie-Downer-Negative-Nellies-Confront-them-isolate-them-or-cut-them-loose.jpg

Titty Meat
05-21-2018, 05:55 PM
He's a piece of shit. No thanks.

KChiefs1
05-21-2018, 05:55 PM
Can he play LG?

KChiefs1
05-21-2018, 05:57 PM
No, he is not.

My kinda football player.

BryanBusby
05-21-2018, 05:59 PM
Like I said, it'll depend on what the market dictates. He would fill a huge hole for the Chiefs and really help our young QB. Hope Veach is working on it.

Cheer up, don't be a Debbie Downer... good things can happen.

http://www.jillchristensenintl.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Debbie-Downer-Negative-Nellies-Confront-them-isolate-them-or-cut-them-loose.jpg
Kiss my piss.

Just because a player could be an upgrade doesn't make it a good decision. Why would you make a statement that you're not going to deal with anymore shitheads, by trading Marcus Peters for little, to sign an old marginal player that's going to crater soon? Your idea fucking sucks.

O.city
05-21-2018, 06:01 PM
Develop McKenzie to play lg for cheap

T-post Tom
05-21-2018, 06:08 PM
Kiss my piss.

Just because a player could be an upgrade doesn't make it a good decision. Why would you make a statement that you're not going to deal with anymore shitheads, by trading Marcus Peters for little, to sign an old marginal player that's going to crater soon? Your idea ****ing sucks.

Incognito didn't have any on or off the field problems during his 3 Pro Bowl seasons in Buffalo. (Not 1, not 2... but 3. And yes, they do mean something.) He was a model citizen in Buffalo. Redemption. Peters has nothing to do with Incognito. Don't conflate 2 unrelated situations.

And... sorry friend, not into gay water sports. NTTIAWWT. Good luck finding a partner. :)

T-post Tom
05-21-2018, 06:11 PM
Develop McKenzie to play lg for cheap

Good long term plan. That experiment won't play out overnight. PM2 needs to be kept upright. Don't think the coaches will risk it unless McKenzie is a prodigy.

BryanBusby
05-21-2018, 06:11 PM
He's such a team player he quit on the Bills and was a giant fucking shit heel that got suspended and hurt the Dolphins.

What a great, dumbass take.

Mephistopheles Janx
05-21-2018, 06:12 PM
Incognito didn't have any on or off the field problems during his 3 Pro Bowl seasons in Buffalo. (Not 1, not 2... but 3. And yes, they do mean something.) He was a model citizen in Buffalo. Redemption. Peters has nothing to do with Incognito. Don't conflate 2 unrelated situations.

And... sorry friend, not into gay water sports. NTTIAWWT. Good luck finding a partner. :)

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Rain Man
05-21-2018, 06:13 PM
He's such a team player he quit on the Bills and was a giant ****ing shit heel that got suspended and hurt the Dolphins.

Admittedly, you'd probably have to build a clause into his contract that he couldn't make fun of LDT's accent.

T-post Tom
05-21-2018, 06:29 PM
He's such a team player he quit on the Bills and was a giant ****ing shit heel that got suspended and hurt the Dolphins.

So he excelled despite a dysfunctional Bills front office that ran the franchise into the ground. Played at a Pro Bowl level for 3 years, started every game. And then he agreed to a pay cut to help the cap, only to not be extended by the front office. All that AND he gets to play in front of AJ McCarron & under a first year HC. Right in the twilight of his career. :hmmm:

250 million sperm & you were the fastest? Ouch. Too much chlorine in that gene pool. ROFL

T-post Tom
05-21-2018, 06:35 PM
Admittedly, you'd probably have to build a clause into his contract that he couldn't make fun of LDT's accent.

He'd never do that. He might need LDT to do an emergency kidney and/or liver transplant at some point. :D

BryanBusby
05-21-2018, 06:37 PM
So he excelled despite a dysfunctional Bills front office that ran the franchise into the ground. Played at a Pro Bowl level for 3 years, started every game. And then he agreed to a pay cut to help the cap, only to not be extended by the front office. All that AND he gets to play in front of AJ McCarron & under a first year HC. Right in the twilight of his career. :hmmm:

250 million sperm & you were the fastest? Ouch. Too much chlorine in that gene pool. ROFL
What the in the blue fuck are you talking about

Maybe look into moving into a volcano area

T-post Tom
05-21-2018, 06:38 PM
What the in the blue **** are you talking about

We all have our burdens to bare. I hope you're pretty.

BryanBusby
05-21-2018, 06:41 PM
Hey lets sign an old dick head that flies completely against what the team has done all year. He can play next to a brokedick TE that can't get cleared.

-dumbfucks like T-post Tom

Chief Roundup
05-21-2018, 06:50 PM
He's such a team player he quit on the Bills and was a giant fucking shit heel that got suspended and hurt the Dolphins.

Uh he got in trouble for doing what his OC and HC had asked him to do in trying to toughen up Jonathan Martin.
No he should not have done that, but his coaching staff should not have put him in that position by asking him to do those things.
How do you feel about Mike Pouncey? He was also named in the report as another teammate on the OL that had also harassed him.
How do you feel about Barry Sanders? He quit on his team after all.

BryanBusby
05-21-2018, 07:01 PM
Uh he got in trouble for doing what his OC and HC had asked him to do in trying to toughen up Jonathan Martin.
No he should not have done that, but his coaching staff should not have put him in that position by asking him to do those things.
How do you feel about Mike Pouncey? He was also named in the report as another teammate on the OL that had also harassed him.
Nobody held a gun to his head and told him to act like a shitbird to Martin or else. Why do I give a shit about Pouncey? He's washed up and a Charger.

Incognito and Barry Sanders aren't comparable at all. What a terribad question.

T-post Tom
05-21-2018, 07:01 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XwhoTi4yIEI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

T-post Tom
05-21-2018, 07:02 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K6ENqv37Ng4?rel=0&amp;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bi3Bs6jGkQU?rel=0&amp;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rain Man
05-21-2018, 07:02 PM

Mike Pouncey also did ridealongs with Aaron Hernandez, with all that entails.

philfree
05-21-2018, 07:18 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XwhoTi4yIEI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

All I see is a black box. What program am I missing so I can see this and lots of other videos(I presume) that I can't see?

MahiMike
05-21-2018, 07:25 PM
It's been proven that Jonathan Martin is unstable. Incognito got a bad rap. And even if he's an asshole then good! That's what I want.

Tony boselli was an asshole too. He will be in the HOF some day.

T-post Tom
05-21-2018, 07:49 PM
It's been proven that Jonathan Martin is unstable. Incognito got a bad rap. And even if he's an asshole then good! That's what I want.

Tony boselli was an asshole too. He will be in the HOF some day.

Agree. I feel bad for Martin. Mental health issues are often heart-wrenching.

Dressed up in a suit and tie, ex-NFL player Jonathan Martin appeared in an L.A. courtroom Wednesday to face the judge in his weapons case ... where he allegedly threatened to shoot multiple people.

Martin had been charged with 4 counts of making criminal threats and 1 count of possessing a loaded firearm after posting a cryptic message aimed at former NFL teammates and high school classmates.

The message showed a picture of a gun and bullets and said, "When you're a bully victim & a coward your options are suicide, or revenge."

Cops tracked down Martin hours after the post -- who was allegedly carrying a loaded gun, knife and ax -- and took him into custody. He was then placed into a mental health facility for evaluation.

A judge had previously approved Martin to leave the facility -- but ordered him to wear a GPS device and alcohol monitoring anklet.

On Tuesday, Martin appeared in court where a preliminary hearing was set for May 14. We tried speaking with Martin outside of the courtroom, but he clearly wasn't in the mood.

<iframe src="//cdnapisec.kaltura.com/p/591531/sp/59153100/embedIframeJs/uiconf_id/6740162/partner_id/591531?iframeembed=true&playerId=kaltura-player-9999999999-31367388261036844&entry_id=0_nrp4fjkg" width="560" height="395" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozAllowFullScreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

https://images.tmz.com/2018/02/23/0223-jonathan-martin-gun-instagram-post-2.jpg

srvy
05-21-2018, 07:58 PM
He would be the best LG since Andy Reid has been here and would be a bandaid for a year or two. It might even be beneficial to a young guy coming up with a little attitude. I dont know if he fits what Andy wants in a guard he like the athletic guys it seems and not maulers. But it might shut down that swinging gate we have on the left side and keep Pat upright.

JakeF
05-21-2018, 08:08 PM
Incognito is a total jerk from what i've read. Our team could use a bit of that if you think about it. Andy Reid is a total marshmellow, the team has turned into a marshmellow right behind him. A bit of meanest would help us a lot if it doesn't go too far.

We could have used some Suh on our defensive line too.

Chief Roundup
05-21-2018, 08:12 PM
Nobody held a gun to his head and told him to act like a shitbird to Martin or else. Why do I give a shit about Pouncey? He's washed up and a Charger.

Incognito and Barry Sanders aren't comparable at all. What a terribad question.

Nobody held a gun to any of the players head in NO when Williams was their coach but most if not all did. Most players will do what their coaches ask especially if they are influenced in a way that it would improve the team.
Incognito and Barry were both players on teams that suck and both wanted off of said team and retirement was their only way out. Barry may be one of the best backs of all time but it doesn't change the fact that they both quit on their teams. Not so different after all.
You are just being obtuse.

srvy
05-21-2018, 08:33 PM
Hey lets sign an old dick head that flies completely against what the team has done all year. He can play next to a brokedick TE that can't get cleared.

-dumbfucks like T-post Tom

Denver signed an old dick PM and won a SB what have you got against older performers.

Rain Man
05-21-2018, 08:37 PM
Mike Pouncey also did ridealongs with Aaron Hernandez, with all that entails.

Nobody held a gun to any of the players head in NO when Williams was their coach but most if not all did. Most players will do what their coaches ask especially if they are influenced in a way that it would improve the team.
Incognito and Barry were both players on teams that suck and both wanted off of said team and retirement was their only way out. Barry may be one of the best backs of all time but it doesn't change the fact that they both quit on their teams. Not so different after all.
You are just being obtuse.

Walking through my mental checklist. Hernandez, Von Miller, Talib, the Pouncey brothers, Ray Lewis...you're right. None of them were on that team.

alanm
05-21-2018, 10:08 PM
Even at 34. If the Chiefs were to sign him. Incognito would immediately become the Chiefs best O-lineman.

ChiefAshhole1056
05-21-2018, 11:15 PM
I’d sign him just for the protection value. The only one I feel would go after someone after a cheap shot on Mahomes would be Kelce maybe, and that’s not good for your star TE to be the one to do that.

I’d cut Sorensen and Harris to make the room for it, he’s worth it.

beach tribe
05-22-2018, 01:13 AM
Some people don't want a guard because he's a nasty ass hole?

Cucks.

Nickhead
05-22-2018, 01:30 AM
for being an incognito, he sure is in the news a lot :D

BryanBusby
05-22-2018, 02:51 AM
It's a 3 parter.

1. CP loves to beg for every marginal player cut.
2. The guy is in his mid 30's and has admitted his fucking organs are failing. That's a major fucking red flag.
3. Veach went out of his way to shed older players and head cases. The dude defies that vision.

The line will be fine if the entire inside line isn't by October (again). They don't need him for the 5+m he likely wants.

CoMoChief
05-22-2018, 02:51 AM
Wouldn't be against it. I mean if the Chiefs think they can ride to a SB w/ Mahomes in his first yr, then this is the signing that you'd make if he checks out medically. Which is a big IF. I just think KC is a couple yrs before the D is SB capable. Currently I don't think it is, I think the Chiefs are gonna be in some track meets in some games and it will be a very DV-like 8-8 season.

I dont consider that a failure. This is Mahomes 1st yr, its stupid to think he's going to come racing out of the gates and immediately becomes some FFL nightmare, probowl QB. He's gonna make some mistakes, probably some that will ultimately cost him games perhaps. But this is a soft rebuild. He does have the potential to be a QB that could be good enough to guide team to the playoffs. Chiefs dominate the AFCW, although division will most certainly be tougher, non div games will be tougher, does the signing of Incognito make the Chiefs playoff possibilities better if he checks out medically? I think so. But he's old, I wouldn't give anything more than 2yrs in theory. Is he still a locker room cancer and/or does that matter? I dunno. possibly.

Brooklyn
05-22-2018, 07:02 AM
Expansion franchise is about to win the Stanley Cup. Anything can happen. Go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srvy
05-22-2018, 07:22 AM
Witzman is a 27 yo turd even at 34 Incognito would be a huge upgrade IMO.

listopencil
05-22-2018, 08:36 AM
Kiss my piss.

How is this a thing?

Mile High Mania
05-22-2018, 09:00 AM
It's an interesting idea, but I don't know that he's worth it. Broncos brought him in and passed on him in 2014, so I would assume they're still out on him 4 years later... unless it's really cheap.

MotherfuckerJones
05-22-2018, 02:10 PM
How is this a thing?

R Kelly will show you a tutorial

Titty Meat
05-22-2018, 05:22 PM
Even at 34. If the Chiefs were to sign him. Incognito would immediately become the Chiefs best O-lineman.

No.

BryanBusby
05-22-2018, 05:26 PM
How is this a thing?
You could say that there's a certain tape from Russia that might be able to demonstrate how :)

Flying High D
05-22-2018, 05:41 PM
He’ll Bring it all nite long.

O.city
05-23-2018, 12:06 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Richie Incognito held for psych eval in Fla. <a href="https://t.co/ZOyMCEYwaF">https://t.co/ZOyMCEYwaF</a>.</p>&mdash; Rotoworld Football (@Rotoworld_FB) <a href="https://twitter.com/Rotoworld_FB/status/999343958579871744?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 23, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Simply Red
05-23-2018, 12:08 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Richie Incognito held for psych eval in Fla. <a href="https://t.co/ZOyMCEYwaF">https://t.co/ZOyMCEYwaF</a>.</p>&mdash; Rotoworld Football (@Rotoworld_FB) <a href="https://twitter.com/Rotoworld_FB/status/999343958579871744?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 23, 2018</a></blockquote>

Yeah just heard this on the radio. What a nut job.

threebag
05-23-2018, 12:23 PM
Witzman is a 27 yo turd even at 34 Incognito would be a huge upgrade IMO.

A best day Brian Witzman couldn't hold Jordan Blacks jock anywhere along the Offensive Line.

Sad because I really want the kid to kick ass. At 6' 7" you don't get your shit pushed in that offen.

Rain Man
05-23-2018, 12:24 PM
The psychologists said, "Bring him in for a look?"

T-post Tom
05-23-2018, 12:28 PM
Yeah just heard this on the radio. What a nut job.

Wow. Well with this new development, I withdraw my call on Veach to pursue Incognito. (Unless a valid, reasonable explanation is provided. Which doesn't look likely at this point.) Odd, considering he was out partying on Sunday and had no issues. Too bad, he would have been a huge upgrade based on his performance over the last 3 years. And too bad for him... he just cost himself millions of dollars. Anyone got Dave Szott's phone number? :D

JohnnyHammersticks
05-23-2018, 12:55 PM
I think we should go in a totally different direction, to keep up with modern times. I don't think we should bring in any more football players who are negative in any way. No bullies. Or guys who impose their will on other guys, or who push other guys around. No meanies, and no warriors (except the social justice kind).

Once our new image begins to take root, change the uniform color to hot pink, to match those cute little cat-ear hats that all the feminists filling our once-vacant club-level section will be wearing.

ModSocks
05-23-2018, 01:08 PM

I bet you he owns guns...

BryanBusby
05-23-2018, 01:42 PM
heh

JakeF
05-23-2018, 01:53 PM
It would be nice to have a LG that didn't keep one foot on the disabled list all the time. We would be in competition for having the softest offensive line in the NFL.

BryanBusby
05-23-2018, 01:56 PM
Richie Incognito, Nut House Doubtful

Coach
05-23-2018, 02:06 PM
T-post Tom weeps.

Told you. He's unreliable.

srvy
05-23-2018, 02:26 PM
Sounds like roid rage.

Skyy God
05-23-2018, 04:04 PM

He did rant against the government......

T-post Tom
05-23-2018, 06:28 PM
T-post Tom weeps.

Horse petard. No one saw this coming. Prior to this he would have been a hot commodity. And should he play next year, he will play well. 48 starts and 3 Pro bowls in 3 years is not unreliable. That said, I am a little misty-eyed.

srvy
05-23-2018, 07:40 PM
T-post Tom weeps.

Even mentally ill he would be our best LG on the roster. Let him play on Sunday and straight jacket him Monday thru Saturday. Gotta keep 2PM uni clean.

NJChiefsFan
05-23-2018, 08:13 PM

Bet Veach has already brought him in incognito

Enjoyable from start to finish. Would read again.

alpha_omega
05-24-2018, 08:00 AM
Action shot.....

https://images.tmz.com/2018/05/23/052318-richie-incognito-arrested-kal-1080x608-2.jpg

ChiefGator
05-24-2018, 10:48 AM
Action shot.....

https://images.tmz.com/2018/05/23/052318-richie-incognito-arrested-kal-1080x608-2.jpg

I would say he is pretty cognito with a huge arrow pointing at him.

alpha_omega
05-24-2018, 10:53 AM
I would say he is pretty cognito with a huge arrow pointing at him.

ROFL

Flying High D
05-24-2018, 11:17 AM
Maybe it’s an arrowhead, divine intervention.

InChiefsHeaven
05-24-2018, 11:30 AM
Horse petard. No one saw this coming. Prior to this he would have been a hot commodity. And should he play next year, he will play well. 48 starts and 3 Pro bowls in 3 years is not unreliable. That said, I am a little misty-eyed.

Except that this is the 2nd time he's been forced in to be mentally evaluated, the first time in 2014. Dude is mentally ill and needs help. I think his playing days are over. Hopefully he was smart with his money.

Coach
05-24-2018, 02:49 PM
Yeah, this guy has issues. Hopefully he gets the help he needs.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23594549/richie-incognito-believed-altered-paranoid-state-police-officers

Former NFL offensive lineman Richie Incognito thought he was under surveillance by government officials when he was taken by police officers -- who believed him to be in an "altered, paranoid state," according to an incident report -- for an involuntary psychiatric evaluation Wednesday in Boca Raton, Florida.

According to an incident report by the Boca Raton Police Department, obtained Thursday by ESPN, the 34-year-old Incognito "believed ordinary citizens were government officials that were tracking and recording him." He was not arrested but was taken into custody under Florida's Baker Act, which allows for involuntary psychiatric commitment for people seen as a danger to themselves or others.

Police were called when an apparently agitated Incognito allegedly threw tennis balls and other items at a Lifetime Fitness Center patron and employees, "skimmed" the patron's leg with a weighted sled and threw weights at the patron and into the swimming pool.

When officers approached him, Incognito told them he was "running NSA class level 3 documents through my phone" and didn't have to explain himself to officers because they didn't have enough clearance, according to the incident report. When later told by officers that his behavior might pose a danger to others, Incognito asked a woman in the swimming pool to call the FBI.

According to the officers, Incognito also said he had taken an over-the-counter supplement called "Shroom Tech" and that his hands were shaking heavily, he had erratic speech and he "would suddenly jump up and move locations without warning."

According to the incident report, officers didn't believe Incognito had any intent to harm anyone but that "without care or treatment, there was a substantial likelihood Incognito would cause serious bodily harm to himself or others as evidenced by recent behavior."

Because of Incognito's "muscular frame," officers said they used two sets of handcuffs linked together and double locked them.

Incognito announced this year that he was retiring after 11 seasons in the NFL, the last three with the Buffalo Bills. The Bills released him from their reserved/retired list Monday, leaving open the possibility he could sign with another team.

The four-time Pro Bowl selection has had a series of troubles. Incognito was among the players identified for targeting teammate Jonathan Martin in the Miami Dolphins' bullying scandal during the 2013 season. The NFL suspended Incognito for the final half of that season, and he was eventually released by Miami before being reinstated by the league the following offseason.

Incognito was out of football for 18 months before the Bills signed him to a one-year contract. Incognito told The Buffalo News that he made the decision to retire for health-related reasons, saying, "My liver and kidneys are shutting down. The stress is killing me."

The retirement came after Incognito and the Bills agreed to a renegotiated contract in March that included a $1.7 million pay cut in 2018, which would have been the last year of his contract. Days before retiring in April, Incognito fired his agent, David Dunn, in a tweet.

At the time of his retirement, Incognito remained under investigation by the NFL for an allegation made by Jacksonville Jaguars defensive lineman Yannick Ngakoue that Incognito used racial slurs during the Bills' AFC wild-card playoff loss to the Jaguars in January.

ESPN's Mike Rodak and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Fish
05-25-2018, 08:36 AM

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23594549/richie-incognito-believed-altered-paranoid-state-police-officers

According to the officers, Incognito also said he had taken an over-the-counter supplement called "Shroom Tech" and that his hands were shaking heavily, he had erratic speech and he "would suddenly jump up and move locations without warning."

So, I was curious about this "Shroom Tech." Turns out its main ingredient is Cordyceps Sinensis. They call it the cordyceps mushroom, but that's not exactly accurate. It's actually a parasitic fungus. It infects ghost moth caterpillars and zombifies them before sprouting a big stalk out through the caterpillar's brain. For some fucked up reason, Chinese people used it as some magic remedy, before they figured out it was full of arsenic. This is actually how it's normally sold, caterpillar corpse and all:

https://i.imgur.com/dFetGxT.jpg

That's pretty fucked up....

T-post Tom
05-25-2018, 09:44 AM
Except that this is the 2nd time he's been forced in to be mentally evaluated, the first time in 2014. Dude is mentally ill and needs help. I think his playing days are over. Hopefully he was smart with his money.

From afar, it sounds like possible schizophrenia. Most men develop symptoms of that before age 25. But I believe there is now some evidence linking CTE and increased risk of schizophrenia. This is very sad news. Everything I read about him during his time in Buffalo indicated that he didn't have any on or off the field issues. I hope he gets the relief and healing he needs. Never heard of this supplement. Quick search shows it's fairly benign. Sounds like this is much more serious than a response to a supplement.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ym92u1-E8Lk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hydrae
05-25-2018, 10:10 AM
Do you all remember when he took a baseball bat to his own Ferrari?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1975571-richie-incognito-claims-he-smashed-his-ferrari

The man needs help in a big way. He is still pretty young and he will cause a lot of problems if this is not addressed.

T-post Tom
05-25-2018, 10:18 AM
Do you all remember when he took a baseball bat to his own Ferrari?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1975571-richie-incognito-claims-he-smashed-his-ferrari

The man needs help in a big way. He is still pretty young and he will cause a lot of problems if this is not addressed.

He seemed to have a pretty level, unruffled response to it:

When asked about the damages and the baseball bat in the grill he responded, "Oh that was that was just me venting, that was self expression, that's a piece of art. The happiest day of my life was when I got that car and now the second happiest day will be when I donate it to charity," said Richie Incognito.

My guess would have been roid/testosterone rage. But that may have been an early symptom. This last episode with the paranoid delusions is on a whole other level. It sounds really bad.

ModSocks
05-25-2018, 10:46 AM

"According to the officers, Incognito also said he had taken an over-the-counter supplement called "Shroom Tech"

Damn....how do I get some of that?

ModSocks
05-25-2018, 10:47 AM
Quick search shows it's fairly benign. Sounds like this is much more serious than a response to a supplement.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ym92u1-E8Lk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Goddamnit.