PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto Wasps

BWillie
06-08-2018, 03:34 PM
I've never been stung by a wasp or a bee until today and I was stung TWICE today by a stupid wasp. I was going to get some sun on the back porch, and there was a big wasp nest attached to my door and they freaked out and stung me. Then I was trying to get something out of the shed and another one came down and stung me on my hand.

I'm going to punch those wasps right in the face. I hope they all go straight to hell.

Please advise of your wasp or bee stories here and how you eradicated these wretched things.

KCUnited
06-08-2018, 03:36 PM
Thank you for not reproducing.

BWillie
06-08-2018, 03:38 PM
Thank you for not reproducing.

I hope a wasp stings you right in the face.

chiefzilla1501
06-08-2018, 03:38 PM
Set up a campsite that has hiking far away from you. Load it up with PBRs and yoga classes. That should get rid of your wasp problem.

Bwana
06-08-2018, 03:39 PM
Chlorinated Brake cleaner. It will drop those little bastards right out of the sky and absolutely take out a nest. Either that, or have In58men come over and start it on fire.

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-08-2018, 03:46 PM
When I was a kid we discovered all the wasp nests around the eve of our house. so we soaked the nerf football full of water and threw it into the nest and had badmitton rackets to kill them when they came for us.

Great times.

Until the day i got stung 14 times by yellow jackets.

Bwana
06-08-2018, 04:00 PM
When I was a kid we discovered all the wasp nests around the eve of our house. so we soaked the nerf football full of water and threw it into the nest and had badmitton rackets to kill them when they came for us.

Great times.

Until the day i got stung 14 times by yellow jackets.

Yeah when I was 7-8 I decided to climb a huge rock pile. I was about 3/4 of the way up and felt a burning, a few seconds later there was a massive swarm of wasps. I got my ass kicked before I could get to the bottom.

I can't remember how many times I got stung, but it was a lot and it hurt like hell. I have had a strong hate for them since that day and enjoy eradicating them every chance I get.

If I see them coming up from an underground hole, I dump a bunch of gas in the hole at night and spark it up. If I see them building a nest under an eve, out comes the chlorinated brake cleaner. If you put the straw that comes with the brake cleaner on, you can drop them right out of the air, I think of it as target practice.

BWillie
06-08-2018, 04:08 PM
Would you rather get stung by a bee or wasp? I've only been stung by a wasp. After I've settled down, quite honestly I thought it would hurt more. But they probably didn't get the stinger in me very deep.

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-08-2018, 04:15 PM
Would you rather get stung by a bee or wasp? I've only been stung by a wasp. After I've settled down, quite honestly I thought it would hurt more. But they probably didn't get the stinger in me very deep.

I think red wasp hurt the most, then yellow jackets then bee stings.

Fish
06-08-2018, 04:17 PM
I used to do siding and guttering in my younger days. One day I was pulling out old attic vents from under the overhang of the roof in order to install soffit, guttering, and fascia. The owner had a little roof over their front porch, and the roof of the front porch was about 2.5' under the overhang of the house roof. So I had to lay on my back on the roof of the front porch to remove the overhang vents above me. There I was laying on my back and I just removed the vent, and out poured hundreds of wasps right in my face. I freaked out and rolled right off the porch roof, landed on a little bush, and took off running. I had about 30 stings. It was pretty awful. It started making me nauseous and I had to take a bunch of antihistamines. Didn't help that it was really hot and I didn't have a shirt on.

Naptown Chief
06-08-2018, 04:17 PM
I do HVAC and was on the roof of a 4 story apartment replacing a compressor. I opened the door to the unit and there was a yellow jacket nest. I didn't have much ground to escape with so I ran around wildly swinging my drill. I'm sure it would have been hilarious to watch, but it wasn't hilarious to experience. I got bit/stung a few times and ended up getting cellulitis (a nasty fucking infection) and hives/rashes all over my arms and neck. I did finish the job about an hour later after they'd settled down. I released 22 in their whore faces. Fuck them.

Bob Dole
06-08-2018, 04:18 PM
I think red wasp hurt the most, then yellow jackets then bee stings.

I got nailed in the back by a red one Monday afternoon. Holy crap those bastards hurt. I go through about 2 cans of spray a week out here in the woods.

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-08-2018, 04:19 PM
You guys are funny . People I know in that line of work carry wasp spray.

Hammock Parties
06-08-2018, 04:22 PM
You have never truly lived until you open a mailbox and wasps fly out at you.

Naptown Chief
06-08-2018, 04:24 PM

Yup. After that day I kept some in my bag. That was when I was still fairly new to the trade so I don't spend much time outside anymore

philfree
06-08-2018, 04:29 PM

Bad assed Hornet and Wasp Spray.

38yrsfan
06-08-2018, 04:42 PM
Depends on the location. One of the most enjoyable was the destruction of a bumble bee nest with a WD40 flamethrower.

Fish
06-08-2018, 04:50 PM
Depends on the location. One of the most enjoyable was the destruction of a bumble bee nest with a WD40 flamethrower.

Don't kill bumblebees man... They're cool. They're not aggressive at all, and you basically have to pick a fight with them to get stung. They're just big dumb and clumsy. Not at all an asshole like the wasp. I've seen someone pick up a bumblebee and feed it sugar water in their hand.

Buehler445
06-08-2018, 04:52 PM
I don’t have anything crazy.

I will say when you go bald the skin where you’re balding gets thin and more sensitive. Some asshole wasp tags you in the bald spot and that shit hurts.

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-08-2018, 04:54 PM
I don’t have anything crazy.

I will say when you go bald the skin where you’re balding gets thin and more sensitive. Some asshole wasp tags you in the bald spot and that shit hurts.

Definitely :clap:

wazu
06-08-2018, 04:56 PM
When taking down a wasp nest people don’t think enough about shielding. They instead focus too much on choice of weapon. Build yourself a set of armor using cardboard. Then you can select an ironic weapon of your choice that doesn’t just kill them, but also humiliates them.

Dartgod
06-08-2018, 05:09 PM
I'm going to punch those wasps right in the face. I hope they all go straight to hell.

Those bastards are spawned from hell, I doubt they mind too much going back.

When we were kids and visiting my grandpa's farm, we'd take firecrackers and twist tie them to a long stick. Light the firecracker and hold it up next to one of the many wasp nests that were under the eaves of the many out buildings he had. When the firecracker blew, we'd run like hell. I'm surprised we never got stung doing that.

Fuck wasps...

Fish
06-08-2018, 05:15 PM
When taking down a wasp nest people don’t think enough about shielding. They instead focus too much on choice of weapon. Build yourself a set of armor using cardboard. Then you can select an ironic weapon of your choice that doesn’t just kill them, but also humiliates them.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3588/3409434501_f73e3e272f_b.jpg

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-08-2018, 05:17 PM
Those bastards are spawned from hell, I doubt they mind too much going back.

When we were kids and visiting my grandpa's farm, we'd take firecrackers and twist tie them to a long stick. Light the firecracker and hold it up next to one of the many wasp nests that were under the eaves of the many out buildings he had. When the firecracker blew, we'd run like hell. I'm surprised we never got stung doing that.

**** wasps...

Oooh, I wish I'd thought of that when I was 12. But I gotta say hitting the nest with a watered down nerf football was devastating for the nest.

Jerok
06-08-2018, 05:28 PM
I'm a mailman. Every late April to early May those fuckers go out and make a ton of nests. They love mailboxes. I carry a can of wasp spray with me, for a couple weeks I usually kill 4-5 nests a day. Then they calm down until September when they go into hiding and the nest kind of falls apart, leaving many angry wasps wondering wtf happened.

I might have a phobia of wasps but killing them over and over has helped, and I am such a sissy I haven't got stung yet due to my fast ninja reflexes and amazing speed.

srvy
06-08-2018, 05:36 PM
The paper wasp is the most painful of wasp stings ive had and been stung a bunch by everything except tarantula wasp and bumble bee. I have talked to bulldozer operators that say by far a bumblebee over all. But those big ass tarantula wasps I fucking run like the wind from.

Yellow jackets I hate with a passion because they come at you like bees in a cloud and can sting at will. They also will chase you hundreds of yards and sting.

Sweatbees while not particularly painful will surprise you. In rural areas we can take off shirts on particularly hot days. They get on your back and you dont even know it then you set back in work truck seat and bam nail ya.

Fucking ants those bastard of certain variety can hurt as bad as a wasp as they climb up your pant leg pissed that you disturbed the nest biting all the way.

Ming the Merciless
06-08-2018, 05:47 PM
i once had a massive wasp infestation in an old rotted out tree trunk

I am talking every morning and evening a HUGE cloud of god damn wasps...proably the size of a VW bug aroudn the stump

i covered up and poured like a quart of orange oil down into the hole that I saw them coming in and out of

they never...ever came back...did not like that shit one bit

normally for small nests i just buy those wasp-cans that shoot like 15 feet and foam the shit out of their nests

but for huge or difficult ones, try orange oil man

srvy
06-08-2018, 06:01 PM
Found this interesting little tidbit.

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150312-the-worlds-most-painful-insect-sting

As the man behind the Schmidt Sting Pain Index – which rates the pain caused by the stings of different hymenoptera (a group of insects that includes wasps, bees and ants) – leaving well alone has never been an option.

It lists pain on a scale from one to four and unsurprisingly the bullet ant tops the charts.

Level 4: bullet ant, tarantula hawk wasp
Level 3: paper wasp, harvester ant
Level 2: honey bee, yellow jacket wasp, bald-faced hornet
Level 1.5: bullhorn acacia ant
Level 1: fire ant, sweat bee
“Level four you don’t want to know,” explains Dr Schmidt.

“The pain is so immediate and intense that it shuts down all illusions of life as normal. Imagine sticking a finger in a 240 volt electrical socket.”

Rated just beneath the bullet ant for the excruciating, but shorter-lasting nature of its sting is another tiny terror, the tarantula hawk wasp. Females use their venom to paralyse much larger tarantulas to feed to their offspring.

“Blinding, fierce, shockingly electric. A running hair drier has just been dropped into your bubble bath,” is the description given by Dr Schmidt.

mlyonsd
06-08-2018, 06:07 PM
Raid wasp and hornet killer in the black can.

When it hits them they fall straight to the ground.

alpha_omega
06-08-2018, 06:58 PM
Unseen bee on top of coke can. Take drink. Sting in the mouth. Ouch.

38yrsfan
06-08-2018, 08:25 PM
Don't kill bumblebees man... They're cool. They're not aggressive at all, and you basically have to pick a fight with them to get stung. They're just big dumb and clumsy. Not at all an asshole like the wasp. I've seen someone pick up a bumblebee and feed it sugar water in their hand.

Unless you are close to their nest then watch out. They swarmed my kids, painful stings, got me also. My yard, my shed, sorry but that's the way it is. They do attack, had more than one experience of being to close and ouch!

Bob Dole
06-08-2018, 08:28 PM

As the man behind the Schmidt Sting Pain Index – which rates the pain caused by the stings of different hymenoptera (a group of insects that includes wasps, bees and ants) – leaving well alone has never been an option.

It lists pain on a scale from one to four and unsurprisingly the bullet ant tops the charts.

“The pain is so immediate and intense that it shuts down all illusions of life as normal. Imagine sticking a finger in a 240 volt electrical socket.”

Rated just beneath the bullet ant for the excruciating, but shorter-lasting nature of its sting is another tiny terror, the tarantula hawk wasp. Females use their venom to paralyse much larger tarantulas to feed to their offspring.

“Blinding, fierce, shockingly electric. A running hair drier has just been dropped into your bubble bath,” is the description given by Dr Schmidt.

No velvet ant (cow killer)? I see at least one of those fuckers a day in Summer. I have scars from fire ants.

Fish
06-08-2018, 08:35 PM
Unless you are close to their nest then watch out. They swarmed my kids, painful stings, got me also. My yard, my shed, sorry but that's the way it is. They do attack, had more than one experience of being to close and ouch!

Sorry to hear that. Stinging kids certainly takes precedence to being nice to bees. Knowing that I don't blame you a bit.

ThaVirus
06-08-2018, 08:54 PM
I try to avoid killing bees in general. They actually contribute to society.

Unlike wasps. Those things are worthless and so fucking hateful. I avoid them because I may have spontaneously developed an allergy to them but if every last wasp on this planet died right now I wouldn't shed a tear.

Fish
06-08-2018, 09:08 PM
I try to avoid killing bees in general. They actually contribute to society.

Unlike wasps. Those things are worthless and so fucking hateful. I avoid them because I may have spontaneously developed an allergy to them but if every last wasp on this planet died right now I wouldn't shed a tear.

Technically wasps do contribute quite a bit to society. They kill tons of aphids/caterpillars/etc that would otherwise kill crops. And they pollinate just the same as bees do. That said, they're fucking aggressive assholes.

Read this recently: https://theconversation.com/in-defence-of-wasps-why-squashing-them-comes-with-a-sting-in-the-tale-60729

Hammock Parties
06-08-2018, 09:09 PM
jesus fuck tarantula hawks

https://i.imgur.com/NWCGL1N.jpg

Iowanian
06-08-2018, 09:14 PM
Lol. Lol.

Wasps and yellow jackets are satans asshole.

Last week I stuck my hand in a glove that 3 honey bees had crawled in and they zapped me. My fault.

A year ago in the fall I. Owed over a ground nest of yellow jackets. They hit me 30-40 times and we went to war. Hornet spray just pisses them off. After a few cups of gas into a far sizzled a few hundred, I went nuclear and dumped a gallon or so of gas into the hole and then shot 2lbs of nonbinary expel over the nest. That did it. Don't do that in town but it's the most satisfying method I've found.

Dunit35
06-08-2018, 09:23 PM
Lol. Lol.

Wasps and yellow jackets are satans asshole.

Last week I stuck my hand in a glove that 3 honey bees had crawled in and they zapped me. My fault.

A year ago in the fall I. Owed over a ground nest of yellow jackets. They hit me 30-40 times and we went to war. Hornet spray just pisses them off. After a few cups of gas into a far sizzled a few hundred, I went nuclear and dumped a gallon or so of gas into the hole and then shot 2lbs of nonbinary expel over the nest. That did it. Don't do that in town but it's the most satisfying method I've found.

Guess I was lucky. Two weeks ago I stuck my hand in a glove and a frog was inside of it.

Iowanian
06-08-2018, 09:27 PM
I've been stung multiple times mowing hay and things when I was young. I can tell you the worst single sting by far.

I was running a tire bender (crushes rim and separates tire and rim). I lifted an implement tire that still had part of the frame attached and a bumble bee came out like lightening and stung me right in the ear hole. It felt like I'd been hit with a 2x4. I was dizzy and unbalanced and felt almost concussed for a couple of days.

Black hornets hurt...wasps aren't cool, but bumble bees hurt the worst in my opinion.

Chiefspants
06-08-2018, 09:29 PM
We have a breed in Colorado that ****ing burrows into our lawn. Nothing on this planet is more spiteful than those sons of *****es.

Iowanian
Guess I was lucky. Two weeks ago I stuck my hand in a glove and a frog was inside of it.

I had a wolf spider in my glove when I was a kid...I find myself shaking my gloves and boots to this day.

That was my fault because I was messing with bees and took my glove off to take pics. My fault.

Dump gas in the hole of those ground bees. This reminded me that I need to take a couple of laps to spray wasps again.

gblowfish
Beware of things like motion lights on the outside of your house. I have one on the back corner on my screened in porch. You can only get to it with a big ass ladder, and when the bulbs burn out, you have to go up a tall ladder to get to it. Last time I had to change the bulbs, I found out the wasps had filled the electrical junction box with a nest. And they came after me, 20 feet up in the air on a damn ladder. Now I soak those freakin' boxes down with wasp killer, wait about an hour, then go up.

Buehler445
06-08-2018, 09:46 PM
We have a breed in Colorado that ****ing burrows into our lawn. Nothing on this planet is more spiteful than those sons of *****es.

I've seen those. They're freaking enormous!

Fish
06-08-2018, 10:16 PM
Anybody ever run into any cicada killers? They are a big wasp species that also build ground nests. They tend to scare the everloving hell out of people. The males anyway. They will divebomb people who come near. But the thing is, it's only horny males looking for sex, who have no stinger to even harm you. Because only female wasps have stingers. Males don't. In the past we've had some on the disc golf course that I frequent. The males would hang out in a big evergreen tree on hole 9, and bomb anybody who got nearby. Harmless but scary even knowing they were harmless.

Cicada killer:

https://i.imgur.com/eggPHNs.jpg

Buehler445
06-08-2018, 10:19 PM
That's what I saw in the ground.

Strongside
06-08-2018, 10:20 PM
Last year I hit a Yellow Jacket nest with a Brush Hog on my family’s Cattle farm. It was like that scene where Macaulay Culkin dies in the movie “My Girl.”

Kman34
06-08-2018, 10:45 PM
Years ago on one of our construction sites .. we had a Port A Potty that had a wasps nest under the seat... it had rained for a week and we moved to another job till this site dryed out.. in that time the little bastards got in there under the seat you sit on...
Well guess who was the first one in there to take a shit?? Yep.. my ass and balls had 2 stings each... motherfuckers...

mlyonsd
06-08-2018, 10:47 PM
Years ago on one of our construction sites .. we had a Port A Potty that had a wasps nest under the seat... it had rained for a week and we moved to another job till this site dryed out.. in that time the little bastards got in there under the seat you sit on...
Well guess who was the first one in there to take a shit?? Yep.. my ass and balls had 2 stings each... mother****ers...
You win. /thread

Frazod
06-08-2018, 11:08 PM
jesus fuck tarantula hawks

https://i.imgur.com/NWCGL1N.jpg

Mother of God :eek:

https://files.sharenator.com/87720.jpg

Fish
06-08-2018, 11:15 PM
Mother of God :eek:

https://files.sharenator.com/87720.jpg

Oh yeah... and just to give you nightmares, they are also a parasitic species. They will hunt big ol' tarantulas, and paralyze them with their sting, then drag them back to a burrow and lay a bunch of eggs on the tarantula body. Which hatch and eat the rest of the tarantula. They have one of the most painful stings in the northern hemisphere. They are pretty much pure evil.

Inspector
06-08-2018, 11:36 PM
Mowing the yard at our lake home. Ran over yellow jackets. No shirt on so they covered my gloves, shorts and socks since those were soaked with sweat.

So there I go, running down the hill stripping my clothes off. Finally got away from them and sat at the picnic table in my undies. My brother-in-law peaked around a shed to see if they were still swarming my shorts and gloves - lying on the ground about 20 yards away - and one of the little fuckers came over and stung him on the nose.

I ended up with over 40 stings and still have scars. I barely remember coming back home to the city. Legs were on fire for several days.

Got 12 stings from blue jackets back in the 60's while working at a horse boarding ranch.

I've had a life long hatred for the little fuckers and I hunt them down anywhere I see them.

vailpass
06-09-2018, 12:05 AM

This crazy bastard let himself get stung by most of those on your list including tarantula hawk and bullet ant.
(How do I embed this?)

https://youtu.be/tXjHb5QmDV0

Hoopsdoc
06-09-2018, 03:52 AM
My brother took a drink of soda that had a wasp or some other kind of stinging insect in it. It stung him 3 times, mouth, throat and stomach.

He ended up in the hospital for a night.

HonestChieffan
06-09-2018, 04:16 AM
Chlorinated Brake cleaner. It will drop those little bastards right out of the sky and absolutely take out a nest. Either that, or have In58men come over and start it on fire.

Sounds delightful!

Chlorinated brake cleaner has been around for the longest and still exists today even though its main ingredients have been banned in other applications. The term “Chlorinated” refers to the presence of Chlorine atoms in certain places within the molecular structure. These chlorine atoms help power the chemical’s solvent properties.

Tetrachloroethylene

Tetrachloroethylene (also called perchloroethylene or PERC) is an industrial solvent used for degreasing. Tetrachloroethylene is high performing, non-flammable and fast drying (through evaporation) which are all properties sought after in a brake cleaner.

Tetrachloroethylene is also highly toxic. It is a Group 2A carcinogen, which means that it is probably carcinogenic to humans and also a central nervous system depressant which can enter the body through respiratory or dermal exposure. It is also probably linked to Parkinson’s Disease.

At high temperatures (such as sparks) Tetrachloroethylene turns into extremely deadly Phosgene gas, which is a chemical weapon that kills in very low concentrations.

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-09-2018, 04:33 AM
This crazy bastard let himself get stung by most of those on your list including tarantula hawk and bullet ant.
(How do I embed this?)

https://youtu.be/tXjHb5QmDV0

Click on:
embed
copy

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tXjHb5QmDV0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jd1020
06-09-2018, 06:31 AM
Don't think I've ever been stung by a wasp. I've had plenty around me I just never freak out and start swatting at them. I've had a few unfortunate wasps get inside through an open window that met their fate with simple fly swatter.

The biggest nest I've had around was a honey bee colony that used my grill on the back deck. Went out one day and noticed an awful lot of bees flying around and saw them go in and out of the ventilation hole. I called a local bee keeper and he came and got the hive for free and even gave me a small sample jar of honey after he removed them.

ThaVirus
06-09-2018, 07:47 AM
Technically wasps do contribute quite a bit to society. They kill tons of aphids/caterpillars/etc that would otherwise kill crops. And they pollinate just the same as bees do. That said, they're ****ing aggressive assholes.

Read this recently: https://theconversation.com/in-defence-of-wasps-why-squashing-them-comes-with-a-sting-in-the-tale-60729

Hmm, I had always read that they didn't pollinate.. learn something new every day.

I suppose everything on this planet has its place in the order of things. Mosquitoes seem worthless too but I'm sure they serve some sort of purpose.

B_Ambuehl
06-09-2018, 07:54 AM
I've been stung by most bee and hornet species & the red wasp stings definitely hurt the worst. Those things HURT. A couple of them started to build a nest behind the side mirror on my car and and stung me in the hand when I rolled the window down to get my food at a drive thru.

Honeybees are more of a minor nuisance and their stings actually have some medicinal value (anti-inflammatory).

Strongside
06-09-2018, 08:13 AM
Mowing the yard at our lake home. Ran over yellow jackets. No shirt on so they covered my gloves, shorts and socks since those were soaked with sweat.

So there I go, running down the hill stripping my clothes off. Finally got away from them and sat at the picnic table in my undies. My brother-in-law peaked around a shed to see if they were still swarming my shorts and gloves - lying on the ground about 20 yards away - and one of the little fuckers came over and stung him on the nose.

I ended up with over 40 stings and still have scars. I barely remember coming back home to the city. Legs were on fire for several days.

Got 12 stings from blue jackets back in the 60's while working at a horse boarding ranch.

I've had a life long hatred for the little fuckers and I hunt them down anywhere I see them.

Yeah, this was pretty much me as well. Fortunately I was just a few yards from the house and was able to get inside and isolate the few that were on me at that point.

The WORST, though, was my incident with Fire Ants as a kid.

I was about 6 and still vividly remember it. I was standing beside a fence down the street from our house in Lafayette, Louisiana. I was talking through the chain-link to a couple of neighbor kids, who were jumping on a trampoline. One of them said "Watch out, you're standing in fire ants" and AS SOON as I budged to move, they lit me up. They had crawled all over my body and I didn't even realize it. By the time I made it up the street to my parents house, I was covered in bites and ants. My mom stripped me down and threw me into the shower.

Might still be the most painful experience of my life. It's either that or shattering 3 bones in my right hand between two colliding football helmets. It's close, though.

Bob Dole
06-09-2018, 08:55 AM
Anybody ever run into any cicada killers? They are a big wasp species that also build ground nests. They tend to scare the everloving hell out of people. The males anyway. They will divebomb people who come near. But the thing is, it's only horny males looking for sex, who have no stinger to even harm you. Because only female wasps have stingers. Males don't. In the past we've had some on the disc golf course that I frequent. The males would hang out in a big evergreen tree on hole 9, and bomb anybody who got nearby. Harmless but scary even knowing they were harmless.

Cicada killer:

https://i.imgur.com/eggPHNs.jpg

We had those at work. It’s pretty cool to watch one take down a cicada.

Naptown Chief
06-09-2018, 09:00 AM
I used to live in San Diego and can say stepping on a stingray was the worst. That was the last time I went into the Pacific. Flash forward 6 years and I have a jellyfish wrap itself around my leg the first time I entered the Atlantic. That sucked, but the Ray was substantially worse. I stick to swimming pools now.

scho63
06-09-2018, 09:07 AM
I really thought BWillie was attacked by White Anglo-Saxon Protestants

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Anglo-Saxon_Protestant

Scene at the Signing of the Constitution of the United States by Howard Chandler Christy. Some of the Founding Fathers such as Washington and Jefferson were WASPs belonging to the American upper class. However, most "were from moderately well-to-do or average income brackets."[1]
White Anglo-Saxon Protestants (WASPs) is an informal acronym that refers to social group of wealthy and well-connected white Americans of Protestant and predominantly British ancestry, many of whom trace their ancestry to the American colonial period.

Until at least the 1940s, this group dominated American society and culture, and, although it did not control politics, dominated in the leadership of the Whig, Republican, and Democratic parties. They usually were very well placed in major financial, business, legal and academic institutions and had close to a monopoly of elite society due to intermarriage and nepotism.[2] WASPs developed a style of understated quiet leadership.[3]

During the latter half of the twentieth century, outsider ethnic and racial groups grew in influence and WASP dominance weakened. Americans increasingly criticizing the WASP hegemony and disparaging WASPs as the epitome of "the Establishment".

The term WASP is often used as a pejorative to classify their historical dominance over the financial, cultural, academic, and legal institutions of the United States.[4][5] The term is usually used to distinguish upscale WASPs from ordinary folks of various White ethnic origins by elitists. Sociologists sometimes use the term very broadly to include all Protestant Americans of Northern European or Northwestern European ancestry regardless of their class or power.[6]

Originally, the W in the acronym probably meant "wealthy" rather than "white," as the term WASP has historically referred only to an elite group, not to all people of English descent, though today it is used more broadly.

The term is also used in Australia, New Zealand and Canada for similar elites.[7][8][9]

Hoopsdoc
06-09-2018, 09:59 AM
I really thought BWillie was attacked by White Anglo-Saxon Protestants

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Anglo-Saxon_Protestant

Scene at the Signing of the Constitution of the United States by Howard Chandler Christy. Some of the Founding Fathers such as Washington and Jefferson were WASPs belonging to the American upper class. However, most "were from moderately well-to-do or average income brackets."[1]
White Anglo-Saxon Protestants (WASPs) is an informal acronym that refers to social group of wealthy and well-connected white Americans of Protestant and predominantly British ancestry, many of whom trace their ancestry to the American colonial period.

Until at least the 1940s, this group dominated American society and culture, and, although it did not control politics, dominated in the leadership of the Whig, Republican, and Democratic parties. They usually were very well placed in major financial, business, legal and academic institutions and had close to a monopoly of elite society due to intermarriage and nepotism.[2] WASPs developed a style of understated quiet leadership.[3]

During the latter half of the twentieth century, outsider ethnic and racial groups grew in influence and WASP dominance weakened. Americans increasingly criticizing the WASP hegemony and disparaging WASPs as the epitome of "the Establishment".

The term WASP is often used as a pejorative to classify their historical dominance over the financial, cultural, academic, and legal institutions of the United States.[4][5] The term is usually used to distinguish upscale WASPs from ordinary folks of various White ethnic origins by elitists. Sociologists sometimes use the term very broadly to include all Protestant Americans of Northern European or Northwestern European ancestry regardless of their class or power.[6]

Originally, the W in the acronym probably meant "wealthy" rather than "white," as the term WASP has historically referred only to an elite group, not to all people of English descent, though today it is used more broadly.

The term is also used in Australia, New Zealand and Canada for similar elites.[7][8][9]

Nah, they’re like the cicada killers Fish mentioned. They’ll dive at you because they’re horny but they can’t sting.

Frazod
06-09-2018, 10:17 AM
Click on:
embed
copy

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tXjHb5QmDV0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Holy shit. What a masochist.

He's gotta be a Chiefs fan. :D

notorious
06-09-2018, 11:18 AM
Harvest ants are level 3? I must be a pain-managing badass because I have been hit by them dozens of time. They are all over the place out here.

srvy
06-09-2018, 11:35 AM
Hmm, I had always read that they didn't pollinate.. learn something new every day.

I suppose everything on this planet has its place in the order of things. Mosquitoes seem worthless too but I'm sure they serve some sort of purpose.

yeah malaria.

Naptown Chief
06-09-2018, 11:37 AM
I always wondered what the purpose of mosquitos, ticks, leaches, etc. were. You can't tell me those pieces of shit actually contribute anything of value to the planet

Dartgod
06-09-2018, 01:38 PM
I always wondered what the purpose of mosquitos, ticks, leaches, etc. were. You can't tell me those pieces of shit actually contribute anything of value to the planet

Kind of like Raider fans.

Naptown Chief
06-09-2018, 01:39 PM
Kind of like Raider fans.

Snap!

vailpass
06-09-2018, 01:45 PM
Click on:
embed
copy

Muchas gracias

ThaVirus
06-09-2018, 01:59 PM

Probably just make good food.

Bats eat mosquitoes. I know opossums eat a ton of ticks.. not sure about leeches.

Msmith
06-09-2018, 08:59 PM
I hope that you don't any allergic reaction to the wasp's sting. One year my wife got stung by a Yellow Jacket on the hand, and her entire arm had swollen.

Naptown Chief
06-09-2018, 09:08 PM
My brother is anaphylactic allergic to anything the bites/stings. He was hospitalized over night at like 10 for getting stung on his hand by a red wasp. I break out into hives, but nothing near as bad as him. Of course that same moron was hospitalized for falling into poison ivy.. We went camping, he got hammered, and he fell forward while pissing. Got that shit all up on his junk, face, stomach. It was nuts.

kccrow
06-10-2018, 08:49 AM
I've been stung by most of them... paper wasps, yellow-jackets, honey bees, bumblebees, but I've never been stung harder or seen a more aggressive motherf'er than bald-faced hornets.