PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs One Play at a Time: A Film For Marty Schottenheimer

Stargazer
06-09-2018, 09:32 AM
I was lucky enough to be a co-producer on this film which will certainly take Chiefs fans on a trip back in time and hopefully showcases the impact Marty had on so many people including 17 of his former players that have banded together in this film. Check out the trailer and ways to watch here with a portion of all proceeds going to alzheimer's research.
http://www.martyfilmkc.com/ways-to-watch.html

Deberg_1990
06-09-2018, 11:10 AM
Awesome. Love Marty and loved that era.

Rain Man
06-09-2018, 05:39 PM
If you had asked me, I could have recreated my reaction to the missed field goal against the Colts.

KChiefs1
06-09-2018, 09:44 PM
Can’t wait to see it.

chiefzilla1501
06-09-2018, 10:13 PM
That's awesome. I was cutting onions when I saw the espn video about him dealing with alzheimers. Just difficult to watch but glad I saw it

RollinWithMahomie
06-10-2018, 08:47 AM
Love Marty and what he did bringing winning football back to Kansas City! Just bought a couple one for my dad and one for me. Love that it's going to help with Alzheimer's research as well. Good stuff man! Thanks for sharing! Oh and that trailer on the main page is dope!

Stargazer
06-10-2018, 04:06 PM
Love Marty and what he did bringing winning football back to Kansas City! Just bought a couple one for my dad and one for me. Love that it's going to help with Alzheimer's research as well. Good stuff man! Thanks for sharing! Oh and that trailer on the main page is dope!

Thanks for that. It was a real pleasure putting this together and we learned a lot about Marty's motivations behind coaching and why his players meant so much to him.

ClevelandBronco
06-10-2018, 05:07 PM
I love me some Marty.

He seemed to specialize in riding in to doomed, gray, hopeless places and showing fans and players how they could erect gleaming palaces of majestic hope—if only to set the stage for Marty to inevitably and inexplicably burn those palaces right back down to the smoldering ground.

I’d probably hate me some Marty if I didn’t love me some Marty so damned much.

petegz28
06-11-2018, 12:33 PM
"Let's light the fuse and kick some ass!"

LOVE IT!

gblowfish
06-11-2018, 12:52 PM
Elway was the Marty Kryptonite. He was one hell of a coach, and especially handled Derrick Thomas well. I'm very sad about his illness. He's a genuinely good guy.

RollinWithMahomie
06-11-2018, 03:18 PM
Elway was the Marty Kryptonite. He was one hell of a coach, and especially handled Derrick Thomas well. I'm very sad about his illness. He's a genuinely good guy.

Absolutely he is and glad I could buy some copies and hope it helps make a little difference in Alzheimer's research!

Mile High Mania
06-11-2018, 03:27 PM
There's absolutely nothing bad to say about the guy... class act. Alzheimers is a terrible disease. I'm sure each of us knows someone that has either lost a battle or is currently battling this thing. A cure cannot come soon enough, it's absolutely gut wrenching what this does to the individual and the family.

Randallflagg
06-11-2018, 03:40 PM
I always loved Marty and wish to hell the Chiefs could return to that form - A defense that kicked ass and took names.

Marty's major problem was that every time he would make the playoffs - he had a tendency to piss down his leg. But having stated that - He and King Carl brought the Chiefs back to respectability. Before that? They were a joke of "Cleveland Brown" Proportions.

Damn I miss those days of Marty, Derrick Thomas and that great Defense!

I remember one Christmas, My Wife gave me a signed helmet by Lenny Dawson and Joe Montana and a game jersey by Derrick Thomas…my most prized position. :clap:

Stargazer
06-11-2018, 04:50 PM
A good write-up from Arrowhead Addict today on the film:
https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/06/11/interview-film-marty-filmmakers-discuss-schottenheimers-impact-legacy/

Pasta Little Brioni
06-11-2018, 05:04 PM
Alll riiiight!

Deberg_1990
06-11-2018, 05:20 PM
I love me some Marty.

He seemed to specialize in riding in to doomed, gray, hopeless places and showing fans and players how they could erect gleaming palaces of majestic hope—if only to set the stage for Marty to inevitably and inexplicably burn those palaces right back down to the smoldering ground.

I’d probably hate me some Marty if I didn’t love me some Marty so damned much.

He was the absolute right coach at the right time for the Chiefs franchise.

RickObie
06-11-2018, 06:27 PM
Just bought a copy...I'm looking forward to watching it...man enough to admit I will shed a few tears...great coach and an even better person.

Hammock Parties
06-11-2018, 06:36 PM
Going to buy this. Anyone want to get together and watch it? A watch party would be cool.

Flying High D
06-11-2018, 07:14 PM
Going to buy this. Anyone want to get together and watch it? A watch party would be cool.

Make it a sleepover and i’m Thinking every member would be there.

KS Smitty
06-11-2018, 09:10 PM
Make it a sleepover and i’m Thinking every member would be there.

You may be surprised at the number of CPers that have "slept with" Hammock.

jjchieffan
06-11-2018, 10:10 PM
There's absolutely nothing bad to say about the guy... class act. Alzheimers is a terrible disease. I'm sure each of us knows someone that has either lost a battle or is currently battling this thing. A cure cannot come soon enough, it's absolutely gut wrenching what this does to the individual and the family.

Man ain't that the truth. I saw it first hand with my Granny. Then saw the stories on Reagan and now Marty. It's horrible.

That said, just make sure that in an attempt to create a cure that they don't wipe out the human race and make apes and chimpanzees smart in the process. That would be bad.

Stargazer
06-12-2018, 06:33 AM
Just bought a copy...I'm looking forward to watching it...man enough to admit I will shed a few tears...great coach and an even better person.

That is awesome, really hope you enjoy it!

RollinWithMahomie
06-13-2018, 12:15 AM

I'm in! Marty was the best and not sure if be a football fan today if not for him bringing a winning culture back to KC as I was in my formative years!

Stargazer
06-13-2018, 11:52 AM
I'm in! Marty was the best and not sure if be a football fan today if not for him bringing a winning culture back to KC as I was in my formative years!

No question about it. I think people forget just how much Marty won in his career and it's so unfortunate his post-season record was not indicative of what he was as a coach. Great reviews of the film so far, thanks all those who have supported it!

RollinWithMahomie
06-14-2018, 02:29 PM
No question about it. I think people forget just how much Marty won in his career and it's so unfortunate his post-season record was not indicative of what he was as a coach. Great reviews of the film so far, thanks all those who have supported it!

Yeah 7th all-time in wins is unbelievable! I just got my dvds can't wait to watch and let everyone know how it is!

Reerun_KC
06-14-2018, 08:26 PM
7th in wins and 5-15 when it matters.

Wow.

Stargazer
06-21-2018, 01:08 PM
Yeah 7th all-time in wins is unbelievable! I just got my dvds can't wait to watch and let everyone know how it is!

Hope you enjoyed!

WhiteWhale
06-21-2018, 07:20 PM
7th in wins and 5-15 when it matters.

Wow.

Yup.

Honestly though I don't think half of those teams had any business in the playoffs to begin with.

I can't think of any Marty led team that was a real super bowl challenger except in 93.

A few years in Cleveland but honestly those teams would have gotten stomped just like Denver did.

Eh, he had a really good chargers team that super choked. I'd say top to bottom probably better than any team he had in KC or Cleveland.

Oh god, and I still blame the loss to the Colts on him and not some ****ing shit kicker that everyone in the NFL knew was a shit kicker before he ever shit kicked a football for the Chiefs.

Bono sucking.

Allen shredding

Obvious path to victory.

Stargazer
07-19-2018, 08:49 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know we are down to about 10 DVD copies left and after these are gone we won't be making any more. The response for the film has been incredible and it's been a joy raising money for Alzheimer's research. If you were on the fence, grab your DVD copy before they are gone!

MarkDavis'Haircut
07-19-2018, 09:38 AM
He had all the luck of the Titanic in the playoffs.

Great coach.

ptlyon
07-19-2018, 09:45 AM
I still have enough of aching memories of 95 and 97 that I don't have to relive that again

loochy
07-19-2018, 09:46 AM
The film should be renamed One Play[-off Loss] at a Time: A Film For Marty Schottenheimer
Posted via Mobile Device

Lzen
07-19-2018, 10:48 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know we are down to about 10 DVD copies left and after these are gone we won't be making any more. The response for the film has been incredible and it's been a joy raising money for Alzheimer's research. If you were on the fence, grab your DVD copy before they are gone!

I just ordered a DVD. Thanks for the notice. Despite there being a couple of heartbreaks, there were a lot of good times. Marty will always be one of my favorite coaches.

Simply Red
07-19-2018, 11:14 AM
The film should be renamed One Play[-off Loss] at a Time: A Film For Marty Schottenheimer
Posted via Mobile Device

I know!

Reerun_KC
07-19-2018, 11:30 AM
Marty was my favorite coach up until he marty’d The 95 playoffs...

He fell way down the list after that. That’s the moment I learned that the regular season in meaningless and the playoffs cement legacies...

KChiefs1
07-19-2018, 12:07 PM
https://youtu.be/erIUWEe1h7E

https://youtu.be/AI0sU90HAh8

https://youtu.be/c9vEOumGpng

https://youtu.be/c5r_TmOSosQ

gblowfish
07-19-2018, 06:46 PM
I saw all of Marty's Chiefs career up close and personal. He was too hard headed for his own good. Especially on things like putting his brother in charge of special teams, and playing Elvis the Pants Wetter instead of Gannon. Kicker who Shall Remain Nameless Game Loss was the most painful, even more than the double OT loss to the Dolphins on Christmas. At least at that game I didn't get fucking frostbite.

Nickhead
07-20-2018, 12:55 AM
I still have enough of aching memories of 95 and 97 that I don't have to relive that again

the irony is that marty has already forgotten all those bad memories. :D

still, without marty most of us would not be fans to this day. he rescued this franchise upon his arrival.

sort of like other coach(es) we have had. vermeil and reid.

why is it we get great regular season coaches, that can't win in the playoffs. ROFL

KChiefs1
07-20-2018, 06:14 AM
Wish the Raiders were in the playoffs in the 90's so the Chiefs could have beat them in the playoffs every year. That would have sweet to beat them 3 times a year for multiple years in a row.

Stargazer
09-24-2018, 02:13 PM
Wish the Raiders were in the playoffs in the 90's so the Chiefs could have beat them in the playoffs every year. That would have sweet to beat them 3 times a year for multiple years in a row.

Yeah crazy we only met one time during that era in 1991.