PDA

View Full Version : News Pit Bull pulls baby from fire

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2018, 11:17 AM
Yes I am just posting this just to piss off the cupcakes.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/state/california/article212886564.html

CALIFORNIA
'Hero pup' pit bull tries to save baby from house fire by carrying her by the diaper
BY MATTHEW MARTINEZ

mmartinez@mcclatchy.com

A mother in Stockton, California, says her 8-month-old pit bull is a "hero pup" for saving her and her baby's lives last week when a fire broke out in another unit of her fourplex.

Sasha the puppy and 7-month-old Masailah have a special bond, their mom, Nana Chai, told KCRA.

"She's in her bed every day," Chai told the station. "They take baths together and everything."

inRead invented by Teads
So it's no wonder that Sasha went straight for Masailah as soon as she felt heat coming through their door just before midnight on Sunday.

Help us deliver journalism that makes a difference in our community.
Our journalism takes a lot of time, effort, and hard work to produce. If you read and enjoy our journalism, please consider subscribing today.

The pit bull alerted her owner that something was wrong first by barking and yelping, before any of Nana's human senses detected that anything was wrong.

It was one of the few times Nana had left Shasha outside in the backyard for longer than just a few minutes, she told KTXL. The dog was going berserk, yelping and pounding at the back door.

"I open it and she runs in and starts barking at me like crazy, and I was like, 'OK, this is weird. This is not like her,'" Nana told the station.

As she got closer to the door, she saw a glow coming from next door, her cousin's unit in the fourplex. Sasha was already on her way to get her best friend.

Nana, 30, rushed to her Masailah's room, but Sasha had beaten her there. The dog was trying to carry her out of bed and to safety — by Masailah's diaper.

"She has my baby by the diaper just dragging her off the bed — trying to get her to safety."

They got out of their home unharmed, but all of Nana's unit in the fourplex is now unlivable, according to a GoFundMe campaign started by Nana's sister Christine White. The money will go to "help not only my family but also Sasha our hero pup start a new life in a new home."

Nana told McClatchy on Saturday that Sasha is staying with her aunt until Nana finds a new home for the family, and she misses all four of her humans — Nana, Masailah and her two older sisters.

"She misses the kids and sleeping in their beds. I take the kids over there so Sasha doesn't cry all day," Nana said. "It's hard to answer the questions, 'Where are we going to live?' and 'Are we going to be homeless?' when I'm trying to figure that out as well, so right now we're leaning on each other."

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
06-11-2018, 11:19 AM
why is this idiot back?

vailpass
06-11-2018, 11:23 AM
why is this idiot back?

Now that you've spit the dick out of your mouth long enough to say something stupid it's time for you to get to kneeling and bobbing again.

TLO
06-11-2018, 11:25 AM
I read that the child rescued was then forced into receiving vaccinations, so moot point I guess. :shrug:

Beef Supreme
06-11-2018, 11:26 AM
I guess that pitbull prefers to eat babies raw.

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2018, 11:26 AM
why is this idiot back?

I was bored and wanted to see how many soy boys were left here at the planet. Congratulations you made the top of the list.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-11-2018, 11:31 AM
I was bored and wanted to see how many soy boys were left here at the planet. Congratulations you made the top of the list.

Color me stunned that Big Dumbfuck uses incel terminology two posts into his return.

Fish
06-11-2018, 11:32 AM
Just saving it for later...

Eleazar
06-11-2018, 11:33 AM
Er, I'm not a Pit hater but what's the score now between number of children drug out of a fire to number of children mauled?

tooge
06-11-2018, 11:36 AM
Just needed it warmed up a bit. Who likes cold baby

BigRichard
06-11-2018, 11:38 AM
https://pics.esmemes.com/heroic-pitbull-swims-5-miles-out-to-sea-to-bite-33979199.png

Naptown Chief
06-11-2018, 11:38 AM
Are people really still anti-pit? That's so early 2000s. Haven't we moved on to another fearsome breed to both hate and tremble at the sight of?

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2018, 11:42 AM
Color me stunned that Big Dumb**** uses incel terminology two posts into his return.

I see your mood hasn't changed after all these years. Getting up each day must be hard when your entire life is one giant vaginal discharge. Have you ever considered meds?

Maybe we can all pitch in and send you on a vacation to the new US Embassy in Jerusalem. Start a fund me and will make the first donation. :D

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2018, 11:42 AM
https://pics.esmemes.com/heroic-pitbull-swims-5-miles-out-to-sea-to-bite-33979199.png

ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-11-2018, 11:45 AM
Are people really still anti-pit? That's so early 2000s. Haven't we moved on to another fearsome breed to both hate and tremble at the sight of?

Imagine the lowest common denominator MMA fan. Now, imagine the dumbest anti-vaxxer you've ever seen. If those two shat out a butt baby, it'd be this idiot.

vailpass
06-11-2018, 11:46 AM
Imagine the lowest common denominator MMA fan. Now, imagine the dumbest anti-vaxxer you've ever seen. If those two shat out a butt baby, it'd be this idiot.

^
Couldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight.
Runs his mouth anyway.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-11-2018, 12:14 PM
^
Couldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight.
Runs his mouth anyway.

^

Has done nothing but troll his entire time here. Wants people to think he's born again hard instead of a cautionary tale.

carcosa
06-11-2018, 12:17 PM
Ok

TLO
06-11-2018, 12:23 PM
I've had the hot poops today. :(

Naptown Chief
06-11-2018, 12:28 PM

Doesn't know who the fuck you are, yet you're talking about me as if you know me?

I don't watch MMA and I'm indifferent towards vaccines. Any other "hot takes" pal?

Al Bundy
06-11-2018, 12:32 PM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315762

Saulbadguy
06-11-2018, 12:33 PM

Those are the worst.

Marcellus
06-11-2018, 12:33 PM
Doesn't know who the **** you are, yet you're talking about me as if you know me?

I don't watch MMA and I'm indifferent towards vaccines. Any other "hot takes" pal?

He wasn't referring to you.

BleedingRed
06-11-2018, 12:41 PM

Shush,
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/757/498/89c.gif

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2018, 12:42 PM

Loves terrorists, hates dogs and MMA. Hamas is like Soy Boy deluxe. All that hate. All these years. Something in your life isn't right.

Marcellus
06-11-2018, 12:42 PM
Loves terrorists, hates dogs and MMA. Hamas is like Soy Boy deluxe. All that hate. All these years. Something in your life isn't right.

He hates dogs? Holy shit, that's all that needs to be said I guess.

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2018, 12:45 PM

It's nice to see them finally getting some good media for once. I don't even have a pit anymore. I just posted it to watch Hamas melt down. It's like the Chiefs Planets own Tony awards.

vailpass
06-11-2018, 12:50 PM
It's nice to see them finally getting some good media for once. I don't even have a pit anymore. I just posted it to watch Hamas melt down. It's like the Chiefs Planets own Tony awards.

The sound of a man remembering why he left.

loochy
06-11-2018, 12:50 PM
Meh, that guy is a Miami douche anyway, even if he did save some lives.
Posted via Mobile Device

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2018, 12:53 PM
The sound of a man remembering why he left.

Between this and UD in DC today I sure do remember.

Naptown Chief
06-11-2018, 12:57 PM

I currently have a pit/American bulldog mix. He was dumped in my buddy's neighborhood so I took him in. I'd just lost my male presa a few months prior and my female was definitely feeling the loss. This dog is the most docile and best behaved dog I've ever had. Kind of a pussy though..

Bugeater
06-11-2018, 12:57 PM
That's great. I still would never own one. Nor would I want any of my neighbors to have one

BIG_DADDY
06-11-2018, 01:19 PM
I currently have a pit/American bulldog mix. He was dumped in my buddy's neighborhood so I took him in. I'd just lost my male presa a few months prior and my female was definitely feeling the loss. This dog is the most docile and best behaved dog I've ever had. Kind of a pussy though..

Yea I have been on a ranch for the last 5 years and they don't make the best ranch dogs. I have a Borador and an English Bully for now. If I lived in town though I would get another pit in a second.

In California they really went after BSL but they failed. Since then the combination of there being so many and all the TV shows on the breed have really changed people's perception even here in the lily liverd People's Republic.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-11-2018, 09:21 PM
He hates dogs? Holy shit, that's all that needs to be said I guess.

Actually, I love dogs and prefer them to people, but Big Daddy is nothing if not a misinformed dumbass.

COchief
06-11-2018, 09:24 PM
*whistles* Never mind all that data...

66% of all human deaths via dog attack, 284 people dead (including many babies and children) from pitbulls since 2005, 6% of the total dog population. Just like any other dog right?

link https://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-multi-year-fatality-report-2005-2017.php

In the 13-year period of 2005 to 2017, canines killed 433 Americans. Pit bulls contributed to 66% (284) of these deaths. Within this period, deaths attributed to pit bulls rose from 58% (2005 to 2010) to 71% (2011 to 2017), a 22% rise.1 [Table 2]
Today, when averaging the last 3 years (2015 to 2017), pit bulls comprise about 6.5% of the total U.S. dog population. This is a 63% rise since the 3-year period of 2010 to 2012 when the total U.S. pit bull population was estimated to be 4%.2

COchief
06-11-2018, 10:37 PM
I have a Borador

Good to know all my border collie posts finally paid off! :toast:

Giving you shit but that does seem to be a great mix, I see them at the dog park all the time and they seem like great dogs. Congrats on ascending from shit bull ownership to an honorable group.

notorious
06-12-2018, 06:37 AM

Shush,
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/757/498/89c.gif

LMAO

Baby Lee
06-12-2018, 06:41 AM

https://i.imgur.com/vJIg31s.gif

MahiMike
06-12-2018, 08:13 AM
And then eats her?

RealSNR
06-12-2018, 09:03 AM
I hear pit bulls love antifreeze

Lzen
06-12-2018, 10:28 AM
*whistles* Never mind all that data...

66% of all human deaths via dog attack, 284 people dead (including many babies and children) from pitbulls since 2005, 6% of the total dog population. Just like any other dog right?

link https://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-multi-year-fatality-report-2005-2017.php

In the 13-year period of 2005 to 2017, canines killed 433 Americans. Pit bulls contributed to 66% (284) of these deaths. Within this period, deaths attributed to pit bulls rose from 58% (2005 to 2010) to 71% (2011 to 2017), a 22% rise.1 [Table 2]
Today, when averaging the last 3 years (2015 to 2017), pit bulls comprise about 6.5% of the total U.S. dog population. This is a 63% rise since the 3-year period of 2010 to 2012 when the total U.S. pit bull population was estimated to be 4%.2

That doesn't really tell the whole story. I wonder how many dog bites there truly were, how many smaller dogs bit or attacked someone. If a chihuahua bites someone, it is going to do far less damage just by the nature of the size of the dog and biting power. Pitbulls are not, by nature, the aggressive, man-eaters that you seem to want to make them appear to be.

Beef Supreme
06-12-2018, 10:37 AM
I hear pit bulls love antifreeze

Babies basted in antifreeze.

BIG_DADDY
06-12-2018, 10:47 AM
That doesn't really tell the whole story. I wonder how many dog bites there truly were, how many smaller dogs bit or attacked someone. If a chihuahua bites someone, it is going to do far less damage just by the nature of the size of the dog and biting power. Pitbulls are not, by nature, the aggressive, man-eaters that you seem to want to make them appear to be.

I have done this subject endless times and was not interested in being serious about it again. I just wanted to see Hamas panties in a wad.
They call everything a pit bull when it attacks and especially kills. Remember the Presa Canarios article I posted when they killed that woman in SF? They called them pit bulls. BSL people are a joke. It's sad to see there are still places that have that type of legislation. It doesn't surprise me that a guy who lives in the epicenter of dog killing country posts these stats.Denver alone had killed like 3,500 dogs since their ban pulling them from citizens homes. That stat was from a long time ago. Probably killed 10k dogs by now.

All that said dogs in general often times don't recognize babies as human so I don't recommend anyone leave a big ass dog alone with a baby.

Beef Supreme
06-12-2018, 10:53 AM

I've been a dog park regular for more than 10 years. I have seen more than my share of pitbulls. Many are sweet, friendly dogs. Many others are sweet friendly dogs until suddenly they aren't. Playing suddenly turns into a vicious attack where killing is the objective. Way more than any other breed.

I used to be in the camp of "it's not the dog, it's the owner." And while sometimes that is the case, it's kinda the dog. I would never own one. And all the "rescue all the pitbulls" bullshit TV shows are giving unprepared and unqualified dog owners a very wrong impression that they should own one.

I am absolutely the biggest dog lover I know, and I am sick to death of the local humane society handing out badly bred pitbulls to unqualified owners like Oprah handing out cars. It's incredibly irresponsible.

Fuck pitbulls. They are like Russian Roulette. Sure, you might get lucky, but why the hell are you playing? Get a better breed of dog.

Naptown Chief
06-12-2018, 10:55 AM
If I remember correctly, its actually labradors or golden retrievers that hold the title with cocker spaniels also up there.

You have to factor in the description of the dog. People assume anything that doesn't look like a lab is a pitbull. I have a presa canario and I routinely get told "that's the biggest pit I've ever seen," despite the fact she's a good 40lbs larger than the breed standard for a MALE pit, I could make a spare rug with her extra skin, and oh, by the way, actually looks nothing like a pit..

Fish
06-12-2018, 11:01 AM

What do you think is missing from the story? All dogs have the potential to bite. But when a pit bull does, it's far more damaging than other breeds. That was the point. Lots of pit bulls are great dogs. The ones who aren't have a much higher potential to kill people when they bite. It's a fact.

Naptown Chief
06-12-2018, 11:06 AM
I used to be in the camp of "it's not the dog, it's the owner." And while sometimes that is the case, it's kinda the dog. I would never own one. And all the "rescue all the pitbulls" bullshit TV shows are giving unprepared and unqualified dog owners a very wrong impression that they should own one.

I am absolutely the biggest dog lover I know, and I am sick to death of the local humane society handing out badly bred pitbulls to unqualified owners like Oprah handing out cars. It's incredibly irresponsible.

I do agree with this point. It's horse shit that they label them lab mixes, boxer mixes, bulldog mixes, etc in an effort to get them adopted. They require more work than your typical dog owner is willing to put in. Hell, some people don't even walk their dogs (any breed) or throw a ball for them.. Basic dog ownership type shit. For an English mastiff that may be fine, but try that with a high energy dog and see what happens.. destruction, anxiety, and sadly, aggression. That's any dog

Beef Supreme
06-12-2018, 11:09 AM
I do agree with this point. It's horse shit that they label them lab mixes, boxer mixes, bulldog mixes, etc in an effort to get them adopted. They require more work than your typical dog owner is willing to put in. Hell, some people don't even walk their dogs (any breed) or throw a ball for them.. Basic dog ownership type shit. For an English mastiff that may be fine, but try that with a high energy dog and see what happens.. destruction, anxiety, and sadly, aggression. That's any dog

And unfortunately, these same owners who can't even meet the minimum basic exercise needs of their dog, bring their under-socialized, wound up, hyper as hell animal to the dog park to burn off their excess energy. That usually doesn't get anyone hurt if it's a springer spaniel or Australian Shepherd. It gets fucking dangerous with a pit.

Naptown Chief
06-12-2018, 11:16 AM
And unfortunately, these same owners who can't even meet the minimum basic exercise needs of their dog, bring their under-socialized, wound up, hyper as hell animal to the dog park to burn off their excess energy. That usually doesn't get anyone hurt if it's a springer spaniel or Australian Shepherd. It gets ****ing dangerous with a pit.

.. Or a Rottie, a German Shepherd, a Great Dane, a boxer, a lab, a golden retriever, a German short haired pointer, a "whatever the fuck today's designer mutt with fucked up teeth, an obscene underbite, and absurd price tag" doodle.

Any canine can inflict serious damage dude. I worked for a vet for 6 years. I've been nailed by damn near every breed, and fake breed, of dog you can think of.

stumppy
06-12-2018, 11:19 AM
I've been a dog park regular for more than 10 years. I have seen more than my share of pitbulls. Many are sweet, friendly dogs. Many others are sweet friendly dogs until suddenly they aren't. Playing suddenly turns into a vicious attack where killing is the objective. Way more than any other breed.

Fuck pitbulls. They are like Russian Roulette. Sure, you might get lucky, but why the hell are you playing? Get a better breed of dog.

Seen that happen myself. I know people who have PB's and say the same thing. They're just fine up until the playing/running/fetching crosses some line and they just turn. And when they do it's vicious and meant to kill.

Beef Supreme
06-12-2018, 11:21 AM
.. Or a Rottie, a German Shepherd, a Great Dane, a boxer, a lab, a golden retriever, a German short haired pointer, a "whatever the fuck today's designer mutt with fucked up teeth, an obscene underbite, and absurd price tag" doodle.

Any canine can inflict serious damage dude. I worked for a vet for 6 years. I've been nailed by damn near every breed, and fake breed, of dog you can think of.

What you say is true, but I have seen more than enough first hand evidence to profile pitbulls.

Naptown Chief
06-12-2018, 11:21 AM
But that doesn't fit the anti pit narrative. Those are "special circumstances?" Put an under exercised dog in a room with toddlers and see what happens.

My cousin's lab bit a 9 year old in the face last summer, sending her to shock trauma. The girl was told several times to stay out of the dog's face. Not because she is aggressive and not because she isn't good with children. The girl wouldn't leave the dog alone and finally she'd have enough. You do dumb shit, you win dumb prizes.

Naptown Chief
06-12-2018, 11:24 AM
She literally grabbed the dog by the face and forced her own face onto the dog. I guess she was going in for a kiss, despite being told to leave the poor dog alone. She got nailed.

There was no newspaper article, it wasn't on the late night news, nor did anyone talk of putting the dog down. If Ally had been a pit she'd have been euthanized on the spot

Beef Supreme
06-12-2018, 11:30 AM
The anti pit narrative is well earned. People try to pretend it isn't and tell me how their little pibble wouldn't hurt a fly, and maybe that dog wouldn't. Take your chances I guess. Don't get all bent out of shape when people think less of you for owning one.

Predarat
06-12-2018, 11:36 AM
One time in Florida an Alligator was attacking a housecat, and a pitbull was walking by. The Pit Bull protected the cat, and fought and killed the gator. Then the cat licked the pit as a gesture of thanks but the Pit Bull got enraged and killed the cat. Crazy.

Fish
06-12-2018, 11:44 AM
She literally grabbed the dog by the face and forced her own face onto the dog. I guess she was going in for a kiss, despite being told to leave the poor dog alone. She got nailed.

There was no newspaper article, it wasn't on the late night news, nor did anyone talk of putting the dog down. If Ally had been a pit she'd have been euthanized on the spot

Probably because it didn't eat the kid's face off like a pit would have...:D

Lzen
06-12-2018, 11:54 AM
What do you think is missing from the story? All dogs have the potential to bite. But when a pit bull does, it's far more damaging than other breeds. That was the point. Lots of pit bulls are great dogs. The ones who aren't have a much higher potential to kill people when they bite. It's a fact.

It's a typical tactic, only present part of the statistics to make things appear a certain way. Yes, pits are known for their destructive bite power. That doesn't mean that most pits are aggressive, man-eaters. As a matter of fact, they aren't aggressive to humans by nature. It's thug wannabes that tend to make them aggressive, IMO. And yes, those people owning pits are a problem. I just hate the anti-breed people.

This week, I am watching my son's pit while he is in Iowa. The mean, vicious thing was so scared of the storm last night that she kept trying to jump in bed with us. She ended up sleeping on the floor beside our bed. This morning, I was awoken by lots of licks and hugs with a wagging tail. That's just one of many of the good interactions with pits that I have had.

Lzen
06-12-2018, 11:57 AM
And unfortunately, these same owners who can't even meet the minimum basic exercise needs of their dog, bring their under-socialized, wound up, hyper as hell animal to the dog park to burn off their excess energy. That usually doesn't get anyone hurt if it's a springer spaniel or Australian Shepherd. It gets ****ing dangerous with a pit.

That is true. But by that same token, I've seen idiot owners to the same with their full-sized poodles. Or they bring their little anti-social dogs and that caused lots of fights.

Naptown Chief
06-12-2018, 12:01 PM
What has also been left out is most "pits" aren't even pits. Hell, maybe there was pit in line a few generations back, but most these dogs are mutts. Mastiffs are commonly used to produce larger dogs with larger attitudes. Italian mastiffs, bull mastiffs, presas, cane corso are all commonly used because of their history as protection dogs. Look up the breed standard, and a picture for that matter, and compare it to those monstrosities being sold as "pure bred pits"

Beef Supreme
06-12-2018, 12:08 PM
What has also been left out is most "pits" aren't even pits. Hell, maybe there was pit in line a few generations back, but most these dogs are mutts. Mastiffs are commonly used to produce larger dogs with larger attitudes. Italian mastiffs, bull mastiffs, presas, cane corso are all commonly used because of their history as protection dogs. Look up the breed standard, and a picture for that matter, and compare it to those monstrosities being sold as "pure bred pits"

I don't look at statistics that may or may not be skewed. I look at personal experience over more than a decade of regular interaction. And make no mistake, I keep a close eye on some of the mastiffs and rotts, and other protection breeds as well.

Pitbulls and some pit mixes win the least trusted dog breed sweepstakes.

Molitoth
06-12-2018, 12:11 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZNgEbsBn8nPiykQmZcfRFxauYLN07zNqPHnzYx2zdEIDYh_DP

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLg6ZAoZj2pnBHmTyLgzYMUtTtIinMzRTpBYrLslWRfLco4OF-

https://gazettereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/pitbull-header.png

Fish
06-12-2018, 12:14 PM
It's a typical tactic, only present part of the statistics to make things appear a certain way. Yes, pits are known for their destructive bite power. That doesn't mean that most pits are aggressive, man-eaters. As a matter of fact, they aren't aggressive to humans by nature. It's thug wannabes that tend to make them aggressive, IMO. And yes, those people owning pits are a problem. I just hate the anti-breed people.

This week, I am watching my son's pit while he is in Iowa. The mean, vicious thing was so scared of the storm last night that she kept trying to jump in bed with us. She ended up sleeping on the floor beside our bed. This morning, I was awoken by lots of licks and hugs with a wagging tail. That's just one of many of the good interactions with pits that I have had.

What exactly are you talking about? What other statistic do you think needs added to this statement:

In the 13-year period of 2005 to 2017, canines killed 433 Americans. Pit bulls contributed to 66% (284) of these deaths. Within this period, deaths attributed to pit bulls rose from 58% (2005 to 2010) to 71% (2011 to 2017), a 22% rise.

Please feel free to contribute whatever other statistic you feel is missing. Pit bulls contributed to 2/3rds of the US deaths from canines while they make up less than 10% of the US canine population.

It sounds like you're babysitting a nice one. But that's irrelevant with regards to the above statistic. Nobody is saying all pits are aggressive murderers. Just that a high percentage of them are compared to other breeds. And it's absolutely not just the owners.

BIG_DADDY
06-12-2018, 12:29 PM
What exactly are you talking about? What other statistic do you think needs added to this statement:

Please feel free to contribute whatever other statistic you feel is missing. Pit bulls contributed to 2/3rds of the US deaths from canines while they make up less than 10% of the US canine population.

It sounds like you're babysitting a nice one. But that's irrelevant with regards to the above statistic. Nobody is saying all pits are aggressive murderers. Just that a high percentage of them are compared to other breeds. And it's absolutely not just the owners.

Jesus Christ why are you always on the wrong side of everything? They labeled the presa canarios pit bulls, not even close. Anything that even looks even remotely close to a pit like boxer/lab mix gets put in that category. For many years I posted examples and I know you saw them. Now you are going to come in like some analytical stat guru and use the same crap you already know is BS. Color me shocked.

BIG_DADDY
06-12-2018, 12:31 PM
I don't look at statistics that may or may not be skewed. I look at personal experience over more than a decade of regular interaction. And make no mistake, I keep a close eye on some of the mastiffs and rotts, and other protection breeds as well.

Pitbulls and some pit mixes win the least trusted dog breed sweepstakes.

Pits are more animal aggressive, duh. That's why I don't have one living on a ranch.

Beef Supreme
06-12-2018, 12:36 PM
Pits are more animal aggressive, duh. That's why I don't have one living on a ranch.

I'm glad that fact is a "duh" moment for you. Please spread the word to the jackasses that keep bringing them to the dog park.

And spread the word to the humane society that keeps handing them out like candy on halloween to any unqualified dumbass with a pulse and a bleeding heart.

And maybe you should get up the ass of all of the terrible pitbull owners instead of the people who are sick of dealing with those assholes and their dangerous dogs.

BIG_DADDY
06-12-2018, 12:46 PM
I'm glad that fact is a "duh" moment for you. Please spread the word to the jackasses that keep bringing them to the dog park.

And spread the word to the humane society that keeps handing them out like candy on halloween to any unqualified dumbass with a pulse and a bleeding heart.

And maybe you should get up the ass of all of the terrible pitbull owners instead of the people who are sick of dealing with those assholes and their dangerous dogs.

I have always felt the owners should be held liable for what their dogs do.

I don't go to dog parks. I am not sure about rules there, that is up to the city. There are a lot of breeds that could very aggressive in that environment. I don't think that distinction is pit exclusive.

I am not an up the ass kind of guy.

Beef Supreme
06-12-2018, 01:07 PM
I have always felt the owners should be held liable for what their dogs do.

I don't go to dog parks. I am not sure about rules there, that is up to the city. There are a lot of breeds that could very aggressive in that environment. I don't think that distinction is pit exclusive.

I am not an up the ass kind of guy.

If responsible pitbull owners want to insist the world to view their dogs in a different light, they need to, at the very least, police their own. I don't think they could, even if they tried, but they don't even try. They take an us against them attitude, just like you have in this thread.

So fuck 'em. I'm not going to be sympathetic to the plight of the poor misunderstood pitbull. I'm going to let people know that they shouldn't believe the bullshit coming out of their owners mouths.

Mr. Wizard
06-12-2018, 01:09 PM
My three children were attacked by 4 pit bulls. When the kids ran to the backyard and locked the gate then our dogs confronted the pit bulls trying to protect the kids. The kids (16, 13 and 5) then grabbed our dogs and locked them in the garage. The pit bulls busted through a chain link fence gate and proceeded to bust the glass on the garage storm door and bust holes through the garage door. The kids ran to get mom and she called me. When I got there I managed to get the gate back in place to lock them in our backyard and went for my gun.
My wife called 911, the pits were still trying to gain access to our garage through a beat down door, and 911 said I could not legally shoot them and that all units were busy. I grabbed the phone and said " i am shooting them all now" and hung up. Miraculously a unit was there in less than a minute
The cop called animal control, they came and pepper sprayed the shit out of the dogs while catching them. I did get not repayed for the damage and was informed that if i had fired my weapon in the backyard i would have been arrested. If I was in the garage and had shot the dogs in the garage I would have not been arrested.
F--K pit bulls and their owners. ALL OF THEM.:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

Fish
06-12-2018, 01:12 PM
Jesus Christ why are you always on the wrong side of everything? They labeled the presa canarios pit bulls, not even close. Anything that even looks even remotely close to a pit like boxer/lab mix gets put in that category. For many years I posted examples and I know you saw them. Now you are going to come in like some analytical stat guru and use the same crap you already know is BS. Color me shocked.

"They" who? If you have some stats that refute the above numbers, I'd be happy to look at them. But you can't just dismiss stats because you don't like them. I don't remember you posting any statistics regarding it. But I don't remember you posting anything over the last 5 years or so.

BIG_DADDY
06-12-2018, 01:16 PM
If responsible pitbull owners want to insist the world to view their dogs in a different light, they need to, at the very least, police their own. I don't think they could, even if they tried, but they don't even try. They take an us against them attitude, just like you have in this thread.

So **** 'em. I'm not going to be sympathetic to the plight of the poor misunderstood pitbull. I'm going to let people know that they shouldn't believe the bullshit coming out of their owners mouths.

Yea I know you've noticed things. Go enlighten the world with your vault of pit bull knowledge now grasshopper. Nobody is stopping you.

Beef Supreme
06-12-2018, 01:20 PM
Yea I know you've noticed things. Go enlighten the world with your vault of pit bull knowledge now grasshopper. Nobody is stopping you.

I don't need to enlighten anyone. It is self evident to anyone with a lick of sense that owning a pit is rolling the dice. I will call you on your bullshit when you try to convince people that it isn't.

BIG_DADDY
06-12-2018, 01:45 PM
"They" who? If you have some stats that refute the above numbers, I'd be happy to look at them. But you can't just dismiss stats because you don't like them. I don't remember you posting any statistics regarding it. But I don't remember you posting anything over the last 5 years or so.

Yea well I haven't been here for longer than that. The point was that mislabeling the breed which I posted examples of many, many times over the years happens all the time. Trying to get a legitimate stat on this breed is like asking CNN for objective news. The reminder was the presa canarios killing the woman in SF. How they got labeled pit bulls isn't an accident and was certainly no mistake.

Pits were bred to be animal aggressive. They cull human aggression. People handle them in the pit when they are fighting. The most irresponsible owners are those that want to mix it with another breed that is not so stable.

I just googled it because it is not hard to find if you are actually looking for it. I did notice your favorite the CDC is in there.

https://www.pitbullinfo.org/

I didn't read through it but on the surface is looks like tons of different research and 50% of all pit bull attacks are mislabeled. Color me shocked when I used to post examples of this mislabeling all the time.

BIG_DADDY
06-12-2018, 01:47 PM
I don't need to enlighten anyone. It is self evident to anyone with a lick of sense that owning a pit is rolling the dice. I will call you on your bullshit when you try to convince people that it isn't.

Yea well I have owned may pits in my life Mr. Self-Evident. By all means don't let me slow you down.

BIG_DADDY
06-12-2018, 01:51 PM
My three children were attacked by 4 pit bulls. When the kids ran to the backyard and locked the gate then our dogs confronted the pit bulls trying to protect the kids. The kids (16, 13 and 5) then grabbed our dogs and locked them in the garage. The pit bulls busted through a chain link fence gate and proceeded to bust the glass on the garage storm door and bust holes through the garage door. The kids ran to get mom and she called me. When I got there I managed to get the gate back in place to lock them in our backyard and went for my gun.
My wife called 911, the pits were still trying to gain access to our garage through a beat down door, and 911 said I could not legally shoot them and that all units were busy. I grabbed the phone and said " i am shooting them all now" and hung up. Miraculously a unit was there in less than a minute
The cop called animal control, they came and pepper sprayed the shit out of the dogs while catching them. I did get not repayed for the damage and was informed that if i had fired my weapon in the backyard i would have been arrested. If I was in the garage and had shot the dogs in the garage I would have not been arrested.

That's quite a story you have there. Kind of like a Kujo/The Pack thriller.

wazu
06-12-2018, 01:59 PM

They are sweet, loving animals. Probably just wanted to pull your children from a burning building. And eat them.

Fish
06-12-2018, 02:04 PM
Yea well I haven't been here for longer than that. The point was that mislabeling the breed which I posted examples of many, many times over the years happens all the time. Trying to get a legitimate stat on this breed is like asking CNN for objective news. The reminder was the presa canarios killing the woman in SF. How they got labeled pit bulls isn't an accident and was certainly no mistake.

Pits were bred to be animal aggressive. They cull human aggression. People handle them in the pit when they are fighting. The most irresponsible owners are those that want to mix it with another breed that is not so stable.

Pits were bred to be animal aggressive, but they cull human aggression?

BIG_DADDY
06-12-2018, 02:09 PM
Pits were bred to be animal aggressive, but they cull human aggression?

A dog showing any human aggression is killed. They are handled by humans during dog fights. That would be a very undesirable.

Did you read this?

Beef Supreme
06-12-2018, 02:19 PM
Read this anyone who is still on the fence. https://www.gopitbull.com/general-discussion/36349-pitbulls-dog-parks.html

A pitbull forum full of pitbull lovers and the overwhelming advice is don't take your pit to the dog park, or anywhere else they are likely to be around strange dogs. They are, by nature, dog aggressive.

I'd like to think that most people who consider themselves as responsible pitbull owners understand this. But there seems to be no shortage of pitbull owners who think they are great, responsible owners, who blindly put their dog aggressive animal in a situation where they are likely to fail.

Why would anyone want a dog that can't be trusted around other dogs? I have no effing clue. But as long as they understand what they have and don't bring them around strange dogs, have at it, I guess. But there are plenty of people who seem to think it's their right to fuck things up for everyone.

Lzen
06-13-2018, 12:17 PM

You totally missed my point. I don't know how as I thought I had explained it pretty well, but let me try again.

I didn't say I had stats, I asked if anyone could provide something on this: I would like to know how many dog bites per year there are in this country overall. And then you could break them down into breeds. My point is that smaller dogs bite, as well. All dogs breeds bite. It's just that the samller and medium ones just don't get labeled murderers because they aren't capable of doing the damage that a pit can when it bites/attacks. And even if we have some stats on total dog bites, I wonder if it is even complete due to the fact that most likely small and medium dog bites are probably not reported. Can you see how this makes it seem more that pits are more dangerous. More pits plus the most force in a bite equals more maulings by pits. It does not necessarily mean that a pitbull temperament is worse than other breeds.

Lzen
06-13-2018, 12:22 PM

I would have shot them. Those particular animals needed to be put down.

Beef Supreme
06-13-2018, 12:23 PM
You totally missed my point. I don't know how as I thought I had explained it pretty well, but let me try again.

I didn't say I had stats, I asked if anyone could provide something on this: I would like to know how many dog bites per year there are in this country overall. And then you could break them down into breeds. My point is that smaller dogs bite, as well. All dogs breeds bite. It's just that the samller and medium ones just don't get labeled murderers because they aren't capable of doing the damage that a pit can when it bites/attacks. And even if we have some stats on total dog bites, I wonder if it is even complete due to the fact that most likely small and medium dog bites are probably not reported. Can you see how this makes it seem more that pits are more dangerous. More pits plus the most force in a bite equals more maulings by pits. It does not necessarily mean that a pitbull temperament is worse than other breeds.

Little dogs can be some little shits, but they don't get labeled murderers because nobody fucking dies ... or even gets hospitalized. They get a fucking bandaid. I wonder why nobody reports them.:rolleyes:

The statistics make it seem like pits are more dangerous because pits are more dangerous.

Lzen
06-13-2018, 12:28 PM
Little dogs can be some little shits, but they don't get labeled murderers because nobody ****ing dies ... or even gets hospitalized. They get a ****ing bandaid. I wonder why nobody reports them.:rolleyes:

The statistics make it seem like pits are more dangerous because pits are more dangerous.

Again, I did not disagree with the fact that they can do a lot of damage. Again, my point was temperament.

Beef Supreme
06-13-2018, 12:35 PM
Again, I did not disagree with the fact that they can do a lot of damage. Again, my point was temperament.

Well, their temperament is shit, too.

They are dog-aggressive by nature. Go read the link I posted a few posts up. Those are pitbull owners and lovers talking. So it starts out as a shitty dog to have around. Then you have absolutely horrible breeding practices that are rampant where human aggression is not culled like Big Daddy was suggesting. You get thousands of pups just found on the side of the road from whoever didn't bother to get their dog fixed and doesn't want to deal with it. Then you have the bleeding hearts that want every dog adopted, no matter what asshole behavior it has shown in the past.

There needs to be a serious culling of the pit population and get their breeding back to something in the neighborhood of responsible. But every neck tatoo wearing douchebag with a padlock chain is breeding them in their backyard and trying to make a buck. And every hippie with a love for dogs is trying to save every last one of them, no matter how bad their breeding and behavior.

It's time to stop trying to save every damn one of them and get the population under control. Then maybe we can have a discussion about breed characteristics.

Beef Supreme
06-13-2018, 01:43 PM
To give you an inkling of the problem, a quick look at petfinder.com showed, in my area, 28 of the 39 dogs on page one are listed as pit bull or pit bull mix. And about 3 or 4 of the ones that weren't listed as pit bull were suspect.

That's tragic. And the people perpetuating that crap should be stopped and that includes the rescue organizations.

Lzen
06-13-2018, 02:26 PM
According to the study he references, Pits are not aggressive temperament.
https://youtu.be/7Rl5ftWrk6s

Here, Cesar talks about how through different decades it has been different breeds that were ostracized (Dobermans in the 70s, Rotweilers in the 80s, etc.) and how Petey in The Little Rascals was a pitbull. Funny how society/culture views things differently nowadays.

https://youtu.be/lcV2uoG9RtE

Finally, this guy makes some great points and gives some great advice on Pitbulls.

https://youtu.be/pgnZsw8U4t4

wazu
06-13-2018, 02:35 PM

Here, Cesar talks about how through different decades it has been different breeds that were ostracized (Dobermans in the 70s, Rotweilers in the 80s, etc.) and how Petey in The Little Rascals was a pitbull. Funny how society/culture views things differently nowadays.

Finally, this guy makes some great points and gives some great advice on Pitbulls.

Too bad that non-aggressive temperament doesn’t seem to stop them from killing people way more than any other dog.

Beef Supreme
06-13-2018, 02:36 PM
Keep sticking your head in the sand.

If pitbull advocates won't bother to do something to get the overpopulation and bad breeding under control, I don't know why they expect people to ignore statistics and first hand evidence of a breed gone bad. A couple of youtube videos aren't doing this breed any favors.

Lzen
06-13-2018, 03:31 PM
https://youtu.be/LI_OJe7wv6s

Here is an interesting documentary on pit bulls. Very interesting stuff in there. A lot of good info and both sides of the aisle are presented. It's 6 parts in under 10-minute videos.

Lzen
06-13-2018, 03:32 PM
Keep sticking your head in the sand.

If pitbull advocates won't bother to do something to get the overpopulation and bad breeding under control, I don't know why they expect people to ignore statistics and first hand evidence of a breed gone bad. A couple of youtube videos aren't doing this breed any favors.

Oh, don't misunderstand me. I agree with you about the bad breeding and the thug gang members and/or the dog fighting people. They all suck. They are the reason the pit bulls get a bad rep.

BIG_DADDY
06-13-2018, 03:39 PM
https://youtu.be/LI_OJe7wv6s

Here is an interesting documentary on pit bulls. Very interesting stuff in there. A lot of good info and both sides of the aisle are presented. It's 6 parts in under 10-minute videos.

He doesn't comment on anything that doesn't fit his narrative. I posted a great thread that is very relevant when it comes to misrepresentation in dog bite stats and all it got was crickets. Its a waste of time responding to somebody so emotionally attached to being right about their personal observations.He does have some valid points though but saying them over and over again is pointless.

Beef Supreme
06-13-2018, 03:50 PM
Oh, don't misunderstand me. I agree with you about the bad breeding and the thug gang members and/or the dog fighting people. They all suck. They are the reason the pit bulls get a bad rep.

It's not just thug gang members and dog fighting people. A HUGE part of the problem is all of the apologists telling everyone how much of a sweet dog they are and how misunderstood they are.

Yes, they can be super sweet. But they are a bully breed. Bully breeds require an experienced dog owner who knows what that means, not just someone who has owned a lot of dogs before.

The mantra "There is no such thing as a bad dog, only bad owners" is pretty damn misleading. There are a shitload of bad dog owners that think they are good dog owners. When they own pitbulls, it's like playing Russian Roulette. They may never have a problem. But if they do, it's going to be bloody.

And there are, in fact, some bad dogs. People need to get real about that shit. But instead, they get all pissed off at the people who have legitimate concerns about dangerous practices.

Beef Supreme
06-13-2018, 03:57 PM
He doesn't comment on anything that doesn't fit his narrative. I posted a great thread that is very relevant when it comes to misrepresentation in dog bite stats and all it got was crickets. Its a waste of time responding to somebody so emotionally attached to being right about their personal observations.He does have some valid points though but saying them over and over again is pointless.

I have never said all pits are bad. I have a problem with preaching that all pits are good and the only problem is bad owners. Ironic that you mention not commenting on anything that doesn't fit a narrative.

notorious
06-13-2018, 04:08 PM
Why even take the chance?

New World Order
06-13-2018, 04:08 PM
Beef Supreme hits the nail right on the head

Pablo
06-13-2018, 04:25 PM
Why even take the chance?Because they're tough looking dogs and I'll be tough if I own one!!

COchief
06-13-2018, 04:36 PM
Once again, factual statistics: 6% of the dog population, 66% of fatal dog attacks, 284 dead including many children since 2005.

They should all be wiped off the map, there is not a single breed trait that can't be found in another more well adjusted breed of dog. Anyone trying to justify anything else to themselves is borderline retarded.

BIG_DADDY
06-13-2018, 04:41 PM
Once again, factual statistics: 6% of the dog population, 66% of fatal dog attacks, 284 dead including many children since 2005.

They should all be wiped off the map, there is not a single breed trait that can't be found in another more well adjusted breed of dog. Anyone trying to justify anything else to themselves is borderline retarded.

I already posted on that but you ignored it. FAKE NEWS

OnTheWarpath15
06-13-2018, 04:44 PM
Because they're tough looking dogs and I'll be tough if I own one!!

Step 1: Buy Affliction t-shirt

Step 2: Buy Pit Bull

Step 3: ????

Step 4: Profit

COchief
06-13-2018, 04:51 PM
I already posted on that but you ignored it. FAKE NEWS

I don't even have to read it to guess..." Oh thats just lumping any dog that looks like a pit, see the american stafford....bullshit bullshit bullshit". It doesn't matter how they became a worthless, vicious, and unpredictable breed, it's simply what they are and there isn't a single valid reason for them to still exist in 2018. The very name of the breed stems from their origin of being the only dog stupid and aggressive enough to bait bulls.

You can not in any way shape or form argue the overwhelming statistics of what violent and destructive garbage they are as a whole, Petey and every other pit can eat shit and die along with any chows or akitas that happen to be strolling by.

BIG_DADDY
06-13-2018, 04:53 PM
I don't even have to read it to guess..." Oh thats just lumping any dog that looks like a pit, see the american stafford....bullshit bullshit bullshit". It doesn't matter how they became a worthless, vicious, and unpredictable breed, it's simply what they are and there isn't a single valid reason for them to still exist in 2018. The very name of the breed stems from their origin of being the only dog stupid and aggressive enough to bait bulls.

You can not in any way shape or form argue the overwhelming statistics of what violent and destructive garbage they are as a whole, Petey and every other pit can eat shit and die along with any chows or akitas that happen to be strolling by.

From factual stats to an emotional vaginal discharge. Thanks for participating.

COchief
06-13-2018, 04:57 PM
Step 1: Realize you have a micro penis, realize you aren't tough but want to be, realize ugly, stupid, and an overly aggressive attitude matches well with your personality Buy Affliction t-shirt

Step 4: Profit and/or children get ripped limb from limb and die agonizing deaths

Step 5: Get interviewed and state "He was just the sweetest dog and had never hurt a fly" after relative or neighbor gets throat ripped out

Missed a few...

My favorite pit story was the female owner out east that took her precious pibbles on a run and they tore her face and neck out killing her, Darwin snickered hard on that one.

Beef Supreme
06-13-2018, 05:12 PM
From factual stats to an emotional vaginal discharge. Thanks for participating.

You' and other pitbull advocates are the ones with a reputation to repair on behalf of the breed, but you aren't willing to address any of the legitimate problems that could make a measurable difference and maybe generate some good will. Instead, you insist the statistics are wrong, and people who doubt you are emotional twats. Your PR campaign is charting fantastically.

Forgive us if we all don't give a fuck when they pass breed specific legislation.

Pablo
06-13-2018, 05:21 PM
Missed a few...

My favorite pit story was the female owner out east that took her precious pibbles on a run and they tore her face and neck out killing her, Darwin snickered hard on that one.

She must have made the mistake of getting between them and something else they wished to viciously rip apart.

BIG_DADDY
06-13-2018, 06:58 PM
You' and other pitbull advocates are the ones with a reputation to repair on behalf of the breed, but you aren't willing to address any of the legitimate problems that could make a measurable difference and maybe generate some good will. Instead, you insist the statistics are wrong, and people who doubt you are emotional twats. Your PR campaign is charting fantastically.

Forgive us if we all don't give a **** when they pass breed specific legislation.

1. Who is we all?
2. What was once the rage BSL is now on the way out. The bed wetters can cry all they want for all I care.
3. I simply replied to inaccurate stats that were posted. When it was all boiled down your buddy would implement genocide on all kinds of breeds if he had it his way. Very Wayne Parcellesish. Twat is probably accurate.

I am not a big over legislation guy. I think many that love the breed do educate others but you are never going to get everyone. Owners should be held accountable for what their dogs do. Dogs killing people is not a major problem in our country IMO.

WhiteWhale
06-13-2018, 07:41 PM

I just googled it because it is not hard to find if you are actually looking for it. I did notice your favorite the CDC is in there.

I didn't read through it but on the surface is looks like tons of different research and 50% of all pit bull attacks are mislabeled. Color me shocked when I used to post examples of this mislabeling all the time.

I have a pit and a lab. She's definitely the alpha and in spite of being socialized with other dogs she's very much a bully. She's a squirrel killing machine too.

Harmless towards people. I'd trust her with an infant.

Not a fan of the breed in particular. I never planned on getting one. I kinda inherited her through circumstance. I was happy with just my lab, but I like her. I'll keep her around.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
08-12-2018, 06:47 AM
Dog breed of Peace!

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/state/north-carolina/article216508575.html

66-year-old woman mauled by two pit bulls while taking her daily walk, NC sheriff says
BY AARON MOODY

August 11, 2018 12:23 PM

Updated August 11, 2018 06:15 PM

A woman who went on a routine walk in her North Carolina lakefront neighborhood on Thursday never returned home, officials said.

The 66-year-old woman is believed to have been attacked and killed by two pit bull dogs in her Lake Tillery subdivision, Montgomery County Sheriff Chris Watkins said in a press release on Friday.

“This is a very tragic event, which has deeply affected the family, friends, deputies and first responders,” Waktins said in the release. “Our thoughts and prayers are being extended to all.”

After the woman’s husband and others searched the area unsuccessfully, they called officials, who located her on an unused road in the neighborhood, the statement said.

An investigation involving medical and animal and wildlife officials determined the woman was attacked by dogs, Watkins said in the release. Officials then “searched the neighborhood and located two pit bull dogs with physical evidence reflecting the dog’s involvement,” the statement said.

“The owner agreed for the dogs to be euthanized so they could be forensically examined to see if they suffered from rabies,” Watkins said in an interview with The News & Observer on Saturday. Medical examiners also wanted to study the animals’ jaw sizes, Watkins said.

The woman’s body was sent to Raleigh for an autopsy, according to the press release.

Watkins said as of Saturday the case remained a death investigation and not a criminal investigation.

Why Not?
08-12-2018, 07:19 AM
Step 1: Buy Affliction t-shirt

Step 4: Profit

This is every third asshole/dumb bitch couple combo in the state of Arizona.

listopencil
08-12-2018, 09:58 AM

I was attacked by a Doberman in the 70's. Luckily I was riding my bike and was able to use it to fend the dog off until the shitty owner got to the dog.

Hammock Parties
08-12-2018, 10:22 AM
he thought the baby was done cooking

Hammock Parties
08-12-2018, 10:25 AM
My three children were attacked by 4 pit bulls. When the kids ran to the backyard and locked the gate then our dogs confronted the pit bulls trying to protect the kids. The kids (16, 13 and 5) then grabbed our dogs and locked them in the garage.

The pit bulls busted through a chain link fence gate and proceeded to bust the glass on the garage storm door and bust holes through the garage door.

The kids ran to get mom and she called me. When I got there I managed to get the gate back in place to lock them in our backyard and went for my gun.

Holy shit.

I'm going to have watch the Raytown pitbulls when I'm out delivering mail. I didn't know they could bust through gates.

I'm cautious when they're out on a leash or in a yard, but let my guard down when there's a gate or fence separating me from one.

J Diddy
08-12-2018, 11:36 AM
I have 4 chihuahuas. They would just put the fire out and then run to taco bell.

BIG_DADDY
08-12-2018, 02:54 PM
This is every third asshole/dumb bitch couple combo in the state of Arizona.

It must be really scary there, like living in Jurassic park or some crazy shit like that. How do you manage to stay alive?

BIG_DADDY
08-12-2018, 02:59 PM
Holy shit.

I'm going to have watch the Raytown pitbulls when I'm out delivering mail. I didn't know they could bust through gates.

I'm cautious when they're out on a leash or in a yard, but let my guard down when there's a gate or fence separating me from one.

Every pitbull story on CP is about a foaming at the mouth Cujo the destroyer with a dead baby inside of his locked jaws. Friggen ridiculous.

banecat
08-12-2018, 03:02 PM
Just one time I'd like for the headline to be about a baby saving a dog from a fire. That would be news

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-12-2018, 03:44 PM
Did the pit bull pull the baby out by its throat ?

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-12-2018, 03:46 PM
I have 4 chihuahuas. They would just put the fire out and then run to taco bell.

Holy crap ! you're alive !

Naptown Chief
08-12-2018, 04:48 PM
Every pitbull story on CP is about a foaming at the mouth Cujo the destroyer with a dead baby inside of his locked jaws. Friggen ridiculous.

Yeah, that story sounded far fetched. For fuck sake, he made no mention of Morgan Freeman standing there narrating

Naptown Chief
08-12-2018, 04:49 PM
All the while, the numerous people I know that have had, or currently do have, a pitbull have had zero issues.

MahiMike
08-12-2018, 04:49 PM

Friggen accurate you mean.

Naptown Chief
08-12-2018, 04:50 PM
My Presas used to donate blood, willingly and not under sedation, as does my current pit and Presa. Moral of the story... Don't be a piece of shit to your dog and you won't have a piece of shit dog, of any breed.

Why Not?
08-12-2018, 08:08 PM
It must be really scary there, like living in Jurassic park or some crazy shit like that. How do you manage to stay alive?

Drink lots of water. Use evasive maneuvers. You get used to it.

Eleazar
08-12-2018, 09:09 PM
The pit was obviously just checking to see if the baby was done.

BIG_DADDY
08-12-2018, 11:10 PM

LMAO

Naptown Chief
08-12-2018, 11:16 PM

Lol

Rausch
08-13-2018, 07:17 AM

1) You can't blame the dog you have to blame the owner. This shit with pit bulls attacking other dogs and people is due to shitty owners who shouldn't be allowed to have them.

2) Also depends on the area you live in. Most (not all but most) owners here are ghetto trash or white trash kids that weigh 130lbs, who get no respect, and so buy a dog they can use to make people (who normally wouldn't) fear them a bit.

Just like people in Central and northern Africa aren't big fans of shepherds. When the only time you see a dog and it's being used to hunt you down or maul you by authority figures you grow to hate that breed.

3) Dogs are like guns: the bigger one is the more damage it can do - and when it's owned by an idiot a lot of damage can be done.