PDA

View Full Version : Football Jamaal Charles visiting Saints

T-post Tom
06-12-2018, 01:54 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">RB Jamaal Charles visiting the Saints on Wednesday, per source.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1006576653303275527?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 12, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Strongside
06-12-2018, 01:55 PM
He always wanted to be a Saint, I bet.

jjchieffan
06-12-2018, 01:56 PM
As long as he's no longer a Donk, I'm happy.

Red Dawg
Sad to see the best RB in KC just trying to hang on like a loser. He's done and can't face it.

SuperChief
pist

Shaid
06-12-2018, 01:57 PM
He really should hang em up but at the end of the day, it's good money to sit on a NFL bench.

Flying High D
06-12-2018, 01:59 PM
Someone else has a interview Wednesday via webcam, HireView.

Rain Man
06-12-2018, 02:13 PM
He's probably better than Ingram to start with, and isn't suspended.

CaliforniaChief
06-12-2018, 02:17 PM
At this point I'd like him in the AFC West for a couple gift fumbles. Love JC, but he's toast and has been for awhile.

Eleazar
06-12-2018, 02:20 PM
Remember last year when people were freaking out that he was going to hurt us as a member of the Donks?

Then he gets 3 carries a game and Denver loses 11

Rain Man
06-12-2018, 02:22 PM
I actually think he's not washed up. He had terrible coaching last year and no quarterback, but still averaged 4.3 ypc behind the worst offensive line in the league.

I think he could go somewhere with a decent offense and play very well. The problem, of course, is that he's one quick cut away from being gone for the year again. He needs to go to a team that isn't counting on him for 16 games.

SuperBowl4
06-12-2018, 02:33 PM
I hope it happens. A KAMARA/CHARLES backfield would be interesting. Charles will have to prove himself through training camp and the preseason to make the cut. Best Wishes to one of the CHIEFS best Running Backs of all time!

COchief
06-12-2018, 02:49 PM
I actually think he's not washed up. He had terrible coaching last year and no quarterback, but still averaged 4.3 ypc behind the worst offensive line in the league.

I think he could go somewhere with a decent offense and play very well. The problem, of course, is that he's one quick cut away from being gone for the year again. He needs to go to a team that isn't counting on him for 16 games.

Elway, like the complete and utter piece of garbage he is, also sat JC the entire last two games when he was producing well behind that joke of line in order to avoid paying a $500K escalation clause that he was close to hitting. Made me laugh due to JC and his adios KC bullshit attitude but it was a low down screw job one would expect from a booze-soaked turd like John Elway.

Reerun_KC
06-12-2018, 03:31 PM
He’s as relevant as Tamba.

Their playoff performances are legendary.

KCrockaholic
06-12-2018, 03:32 PM
He did average 4.3 YPC last year on a shitty offense. Maybe he can still provide a little value. Especially while Mark Ingram is on suspension.

Hamwallet
06-12-2018, 03:36 PM
Who on this forum would retire today when they could make a couple million dollars next fall?

Deberg_1990
06-12-2018, 04:11 PM
Sad to see the best RB in KC just trying to hang on like a loser. He's done and can't face it.

Maybe he needs the money? Who knows? He has a right to work same as anyone. If someone is willing to still pay for his services, good for him.

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-12-2018, 04:39 PM

I totally agree. If Elway had made him the featured back he most likely would have had a pretty good year. At least better than they got from the other backs. I wish he was back on our roster as the #2.

ThaVirus
New Orleans would probably be the best fit for him, honestly.

He’s probably only got a bit left in the tank, though. At this point he’s probably a discount Alvin Kamara.

Rain Man
Maybe he needs the money? Who knows? He has a right to work same as anyone. If someone is willing to still pay for his services, good for him.

Someone outside the AFC West, of course.

scho63
06-12-2018, 05:56 PM
I really feel bad for him because he wants to believe he is pre-injury Jamaal and he is 4 years older and badly injured two knees Jamaal.

Losing a little bit of respect for him to be honest. I would hate like hell for him to get signed by a team, get stuck playing in garbage time at the end of a game and get a crippling injury to his knee.

I hope he rethinks what he is doing.

Maybe he has money troubles and needs to make as much as possible? :hmmm:

Bowser
06-12-2018, 06:02 PM

He’s probably only got a bit left in the tank, though. At this point he’s probably a discount Alvin Kamara.

Yeah, agreed with this.

I think Jamaal has enough left that defensive coordinators would rather not see Brees in shotgun with Kamara and Charles flanking him. I wish him luck in Nawlins, even if he did flirt with the Donks in a vain attempt to get back at us.

displacedinMN
06-12-2018, 06:12 PM

If NO does what they did last year-it is running back by a large committee. That may help him. Every time he is on the field he would be fresh.

Just don't pull an Adrian Peterson and demand to be on the field. That is a good way to get shipped off.

ThaVirus
06-12-2018, 06:42 PM
If NO does what they did last year-it is running back by a large committee. That may help him. Every time he is on the field he would be fresh.

Just don't pull an Adrian Peterson and demand to be on the field. That is a good way to get shipped off.

He seemed to take the fisting Elway gave him at the end of last year with a bit of grace. He's never been the type to complain.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-12-2018, 07:48 PM
Remember last year when people were freaking out that he was going to hurt us as a member of the Donks?

Then he gets 3 carries a game and Denver loses 11

Someone gif up his fumble TD vs us ROFL

ClevelandBronco
06-12-2018, 10:54 PM
“Visiting the Saints” sounds like a euphemism for death.

“It’s been nigh on six years since grandma went off to visit the Saints.”

Pasta Little Brioni
06-13-2018, 03:48 AM
Nah. that's a non Manning era, Eltard free agent.

redfan
06-13-2018, 07:30 AM
He's still got some gas left, I hope he gets a roster spot. Sheeeeeit, he could come back here and be a mentor/ asst coach. Never heard of any off season bs with JC.

gblowfish
06-13-2018, 10:01 AM
“Visiting the Saints” sounds like a euphemism for death.

Yeah, I think he's toast. He should take a one day contract with the Chiefs and retire.

Reerun_KC
06-13-2018, 11:24 AM
Yeah, I think he's toast. He should take a one day contract with the Chiefs and retire.

Or sign a 1 day with Denver....

Rain Man
06-13-2018, 11:25 AM
Or sign a 1 day with Denver....

Elway would only pay him for two hours of that and then make him sit on the bench.

Reerun_KC
06-13-2018, 11:28 AM
Elway would only pay him for two hours of that and then make him sit on the bench.

Jamaal would fumble the paycheck....

WhiteWhale
06-13-2018, 12:38 PM

Jamaal still carries the ball poorly and gets stripped... and he has a bad habit of fumbling at the worst possible times. That's why Denver went away from him and didn't trust him by the end of the season.

Now when JC was in KC averaging between 5 and 6 yards per carry every season you kinda took the chaff with the wheat. He was an absolute superstar. At his peak one of the best pure runners I've seen in the NFL in my lifetime.

I think he can still be an effective runner, but he might turn it over too much for 'effective' to be adequate. Plus he's probably viewed as 'likely to be injured'.

WhiteWhale
06-13-2018, 12:41 PM
I really feel bad for him because he wants to believe he is pre-injury Jamaal and he is 4 years older and badly injured two knees Jamaal.

Losing a little bit of respect for him to be honest. I would hate like hell for him to get signed by a team, get stuck playing in garbage time at the end of a game and get a crippling injury to his knee.

I hope he rethinks what he is doing.

Maybe he has money troubles and needs to make as much as possible? :hmmm:

Maybe he's been an athlete his entire life and it's a part of who he is as a person?

I don't know why people 'lose respect' for athletes over them clinging to something that's been a part of their lives since they were small children.

It seems like a pretty normal thing most people would do. Plus Jamaal is pretty... not smart.

WhiteWhale
06-13-2018, 12:47 PM
He always wanted to be a Saint, I bet.

Get over it man. Seriously.

When we drafted Jamaal and did the interview he said THEN that he grew up a broncos fan and idolized and modeled his running style after Terrell Davis. Before he ever put on a KC jersey he had put this out there.

You can say "Well sure, but he shouldn't say it!"

Which I'd respond "Obviously, but Jamaal is not smart"

I'm biased. I championed him as a rookie and spent a year and a half telling people he was better than Larry Johnson. His play vindicated me so I have a soft spot for him.