PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Gladiator 2018 - Round 1, Match 10 - Andchiefs versus Indian Chief

Rain Man
07-02-2018, 02:44 AM
Vote for the person that you think would win this match in a battle to death or submission. As background, assume that prior to the tournament you received 10 minutes of training on every weapon. The time listed is the amount of time before the match where you learn what the weaponry and venue is.

Venue - On a rope bridge 100 feet over a raging river with jagged rocks
Starting Distance - 14 feet

Andchiefs

Main Weapon - Derringer (one shot, 9 mm caliber)
Backup Weapon - Hatchet

Prep Time - 12 Minutes
Special Factors - None

Indian Chief

Main Weapon - high-powered squirtgun filled with ammonia
Backup Weapon - Bo Staff

Prep Time - 9 Minutes
Special Factors - None

AndChiefs
07-02-2018, 05:37 AM
Since we're on a rope bridge Indian Chief has no where to go in order to dodge my derringer shot. Additionally, the ropes will continue to get in the way of his swinging the bo staff while my hatchet has no such restriction. Easy win.

Dartgod
07-02-2018, 07:53 AM
AndChiefs probably wins this one unless he misses with his one bullet. If he does, Indian Chief can effectively blind him with the ammonia squirt gun and then finish him off with the bo staff.

I'm going with AndChiefs on this one. You'd have to be a total loser to miss at that distance.

Rain Man
07-02-2018, 08:02 AM
AndChiefs probably wins this one unless he misses with his one bullet. If he does, Indian Chief can effectively blind him with the ammonia squirt gun and then finish him off with the bo staff.

I'm going with AndChiefs on this one. You'd have to be a total loser to miss at that distance.

The key is that first and only Derringer shot, which andchiefs will have to make while facing a simultaneous sweeping spray of ammonia on a swinging bridge. I think the odds are in his favor, but not by much. If he misses or doesn't get an incapacitating shot, Indian Chief will easily win.

Hangin'WithMahomes
07-02-2018, 08:47 AM
A derringer from 14' on a swinging bridge is FAR from a sure hit....He won't based on early polling, but Indian Chief SHOULD win this one.

Hydrae
07-02-2018, 08:53 AM
A derringer from 14' on a swinging bridge is FAR from a sure hit....He won't based on early polling, but Indian Chief SHOULD win this one.

Yeah, Andchiefs has to close that gap at least a little to be more sure of his shot. That could put him in danger of that ammonia spray to the eyes. Don't know how he avoids that and if Indian Chief is able to get that hit to the eyes this is over for Andchiefs.

Otter
07-02-2018, 08:56 AM
Theres's quiet a bit depending on the first shot. Thinking...

Otter
07-02-2018, 09:01 AM
I have to go with the rope bridge proximity variable on this one and how it factors into the 9mm. I'm sorry Indian Chief but there's not a whole lot of wiggle room on a rope bridge.

Sofa King
07-02-2018, 09:23 AM
Hatchet to the ropes, both fall and die. No one wins.

srvy
07-02-2018, 10:23 AM
A derringer is a close quarters personal defense weapon. Its like a knife I dont like Andchiefs chances unless he gets up close and that will favor Indian Chief.

This one is very close and could end up weapons don't do the killing the bridge does.

Graystoke
07-02-2018, 01:19 PM
I think the Derringer is accurate enough at 14 feet. Andchiefs just needs to make the kill shot before the ammonia spray hits. He also holds the key with the backup weapon, the Hatchet. If I was him I would shoot as quickly and accurately as possible and even if I missed I would cut the bridge rope before me and then hang on to my side as I watch Indian Chief fall to his death.

Match Andchiefs

Renegade
07-02-2018, 01:46 PM
I throw the hatchet first, watch Indian Chief dodge the hatchet, then charge to close range as soon as the hatchet is released and fire the derringer.

Dartgod
07-02-2018, 02:26 PM
I throw the hatchet first, watch Indian Chief dodge the hatchet, then charge to close range as soon as the hatchet is released and fire the derringer.

I think "charging" on a rope bridge might be a bad idea.

Indian Chief
07-02-2018, 03:40 PM
I didn't log on early enough to defend myself, so I'll probably lose on the vote.

However, the second Andchiefs lifts his arm to fire that shot, I'm rocking the bridge. Anyone who shoots regularly knows that a single shot from a 9mm even at 14 feet isn't a guarantee kill shot. On a swaying rope bridge, it's almost useless. He'll never even close the distance to follow up with the hatchet. I'm unloading the ammonia in his face and beating him down with the staff.

MagicHef
07-02-2018, 04:59 PM
What strength is the ammonia? Windex? Floor cleaner? Pure ammonia gas?

Rain Man
07-03-2018, 06:34 AM
What strength is the ammonia? Windex? Floor cleaner? Pure ammonia gas?

It's a strong household ammonia.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-03-2018, 06:48 AM
What's the weather and wind condition? We are missing key elements.

Rain Man
07-04-2018, 12:48 PM
What's the weather and wind condition? We are missing key elements.

Unless conditions dictate otherwise, you may always assume 69 degrees Fahrenheit, 15 percent humidity, and a sky of purest china blue with a handful of puffy white clouds.

Rain Man
07-04-2018, 12:50 PM
Unable to shield himself with his bo staff, Indian Chief takes a shot to the chest, then as he hangs on to the ropes, the hatchet comes into play. Let's just cut to a camera shot of Andchiefs wiping ammonia from his face as he makes a thumbs-up and moves to the next round.

Bowser
07-04-2018, 02:31 PM
The prep time is what dooms AndChiefs. Indian Chief can run up with the extra three minutes he has to cross 14 feet on a rope bridge, spray AndChiefs in the eyes with the ammonia, knock him over the side with the bo staff, and send him to his death on the rocks below.

Rain Man
07-04-2018, 04:26 PM
The prep time is what dooms AndChiefs. Indian Chief can run up with the extra three minutes he has to cross 14 feet on a rope bridge, spray AndChiefs in the eyes with the ammonia, knock him over the side with the bo staff, and send him to his death on the rocks below.

Actually, those prep times are just for planning. Everyone hits ground (or rope) and gets their weapons at t=0.

Bowser
07-04-2018, 08:32 PM
Actually, those prep times are just for planning. Everyone hits ground (or rope) and gets their weapons at t=0.

Well it's great that I understand the rules!

Yeah, Indian Chief is toast, haha.