PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What? Is this unofficial "official" Chiefs depth chart actually official?

RealSNR
07-02-2018, 04:14 AM
Didn't see this unofficial depth chart posted or reported anywhere. It says it was updated on June 20th. The mandatory mini-camp practices ended on June 14th. I'm going to assume that even for an unofficial "official" team depth chart, it's a fake, but it looks pretty official on the website, and it's got a lot of interesting wrinkles to talk about if it is remotely close to how things may look as we start up training camp at the end of the month here. Unofficially, of course.

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/KC

Just click the damn link, because formatting this bitch is far more effort than it's worth.

stevieray
07-02-2018, 04:46 AM
Thread sounds official.

Jamie
07-02-2018, 06:33 AM
Ourlads keeps the best depth charts I've seen, but they're still just guessing. You can go back in the archive (upper right) and compare an old August depth chart to a September one and see how much they get wrong.

loochy
07-02-2018, 06:41 AM
A June depth chart is beyond worthless
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR
07-02-2018, 09:54 AM
Ourlads keeps the best depth charts I've seen, but they're still just guessing. You can go back in the archive (upper right) and compare an old August depth chart to a September one and see how much they get wrong.

That's what I thought. This chart looks just fucked up enough to make sense as a possible "real" depth chart that the team would put out, but I definitely can see some evidence of guesswork.

Fire Me Boy!
07-02-2018, 11:45 AM
DEPTH CHARTS FEATURE - What Ourlads NFL Scouting Services said before PATRICK MAHOMES II made the Kansas City Chiefs' depth chart: Texas Tech, 6020 225 4.83. Junior entry from Whitehouse, TX. The team captain started 32 games for the Red Raiders. The West Texas gunslinger will be trying to change the perception of Air-Raid quarterbacks’ NFL failure status since the days of Tim Couch in 1999. Jared Goff is going through those growing pains in Los Angeles at a snail’s pace. Mahomes is a good athlete who moves well in the pocket and is as good a scrambler as he is a passer. Mahomes never took a snap from under center. The Air-Raid philosophy is pass first and spread the wealth using a variety of cat and mouse concepts throwing the ball vertically and horizontally. Five and seven step drop concepts are used as well as play action passes. Many times Mahomes was throwing to a wide open receiver. In the NFL, an open receiver might have two steps on the defender. Accurately throwing through small windows is a must. The strong and athletic passer has a quick release and NFL caliber velocity. He will stare down his receivers and needs work on reading defenses. Ball security is a problem as he fumbled six times last fall. His mechanics from nuts to bolts need work. His footwork causes inaccuracy and needs an overhaul. He lacks a consistent throwing motion. Inconsistent decision maker, cutting loose passes that should not be thrown. Ball placement to receiver is scattershot. Son of former major league pitcher Pat Mahomes Sr. Projects as a backup who may start eventually with developmental time. A boom or bust prospect. 2016 stats: 388/591, 5052 yds, 65.7%, 41 TD, 10 INT, 285 yds rushing, 12 TD, 156.9 QB rating. Ball velocity 55 mph. OSR:4/13. Second/third round. (A-33 1/4, H-9 1/4, SS-4.10, VJ-30).

Simply Red
07-02-2018, 12:08 PM
Just don't worry - we'll be fine.

RealSNR
07-02-2018, 12:25 PM

"Projects as a backup who may start with developmental time"

Lol. I mean, this is clearly a college scouting report, and there are enough facepalm-worthy scouting reports on Mahomes from that time to make a fucking joke book the size of War and Peace. I think it's interesting that they updated this page, however, and then just decided that the college scouting report on one dude from nearly a year and a half ago was okay to leave up, let alone one that was as wrong as it was.

tyton75
07-02-2018, 12:39 PM
Thought I heard that Irving was taking the majority of snaps at Center.. is Morse going to be ok?

RippedmyFlesh
07-02-2018, 02:36 PM
Thought I heard that Irving was taking the majority of snaps at Center.. is Morse going to be ok?

One needs mystical powers to foresee this.

JohnnyHammersticks
07-02-2018, 11:25 PM
Lot of depth at RB.

Chiefs Moon
07-03-2018, 05:23 AM
Erving is obviously the backup C.

loochy
07-03-2018, 06:28 AM
Just don't worry - we'll be fine.

https://kocosports.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/WBF-Logo.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device