PDA

View Full Version : Misc *****OFFICIAL Dumb Stuff I Argued with my Significant Other About Thread*****

Trivers
07-03-2018, 11:47 AM
After 12 years of marriage, I've learned that:

---As a man, that my sub-species genetically can't see a dirty or dusty house.

---That "honey dos" take immediate priority over anything I need or want to do.

---Any time her family wants to come over, they can; or if they are having an event, we must go.

Today, I got chewed on because I firmly told the lawn mowing crew they needed to mow ALL the lawn or that we would find someone else. (They don't want to get off their fancy zero turn mower and use a push mower to cut next to the water.) My wife likes the company and was angry that I told them that.

Arguing over a lawn mowing service. Dumb!

Several months ago, she got upset because I fed the horse its hay once a day instead of twice a day when she is traveling for work. I stupidly stated that horses existed for millions of years without being fed at two times and it would survive. She got angry.

Never become between a woman and her horse. Dumb.

So what dumb stuff have you argued about lately?

ptlyon
07-03-2018, 11:50 AM
If a man is alone in a forest and a woman is not there to hear him, is he still wrong?

Sofa King
07-03-2018, 11:53 AM
I hate arriving at home after a particularly long day at work. She gets home from work early and becomes bored. She then chews me out for something stupid right when I get home. I want to punch her at that moment.

notorious
07-03-2018, 11:54 AM
Can't think of anything.

I won't fight or have a conversation if it's over something stupid. I keep my mouth shut and let her get it out of her system.

alpha_omega
07-03-2018, 11:55 AM
Today, I got chewed on because I firmly told the lawn mowing crew they needed to mow ALL the lawn or that we would find someone else. (They don't want to get off their fancy zero turn mower and use a push mower to cut next to the water.) My wife likes the company and was angry that I told them that.

Arguing over a lawn mowing service. Dumb!

I don't know dude....that sounds like something worth fighting for. Not Dumb.

ptlyon
07-03-2018, 11:55 AM
I hate arriving at home after a particularly long day at work. She gets home from work early and becomes bored. She then chews me out for something stupid right when I get home. I want to punch her at that moment.

You shouldn't have left your pocket pussy on the bed

notorious
07-03-2018, 11:56 AM

Dude, my wife did that to me ONE time years ago.

I didn't say a word, just got in my pickup and went back to work. She figured it out pretty fast that nagging isn't going to fly, especially when I just got done paying for every single thing around her.

RealSNR
07-03-2018, 12:04 PM
There's gotta be a horse joke hidden somewhere in the subtext, but I'm just not seeing it. Can anybody help?

Why Not?
07-03-2018, 12:13 PM
Can't think of anything.

I won't fight or have a conversation if it's over something stupid. I keep my mouth shut and let her get it out of her system.

This is about where I'm at. Like the OP, we're on year 13. So I eventually figured out to just keep my mouth shut and eventually she chills out.

Fish
07-03-2018, 12:17 PM
LOL marriage....

https://i.imgur.com/bBKpO0S.jpg

displacedinMN
07-03-2018, 12:24 PM
If a man is alone in a forest and a woman is not there to hear him, is he still wrong?

Yes, because men are always wrong.

bdj23
07-03-2018, 12:33 PM
I can count the number of fights me and my fiance have had on one hand, and the majority of them are because I'm being a drunk dickhead.

Last one was over the loss to the Steelers in the playoffs. I decided to take a step back and not get so emotional over a dumb game. The Chiefs are a constant disappointment anyway.

She texted me on my way home from Arrowhead after the loss to the Titans last season and asked jokingly if i was going to be an asshole for the rest of the night. Outside of complaining on this place i wasn't even mad.

But i also sat thru that game with a fever and the flu. So i was practically dead when i got home anyway.

The Franchise
07-03-2018, 12:35 PM
LOL marriage....

Basically

SuperBowl4
07-03-2018, 12:37 PM
I hate arriving at home after a particularly long day at work. She gets home from work early and becomes bored. She then chews me out for something stupid right when I get home. I want to punch her at that moment.This is why alcohol was invented.

Eureka
07-03-2018, 12:41 PM
My Fiancé is planning our wedding and I don’t really have any input. I hate how much $$ is being spent and I get no say. Last night I tried to talk about my ideas about the wedding and she just gave me a blank look. At least she doesn’t nag at me ever. I’ll just shut my mouth and show up at the wedding. I’m sure it’ll be nice.

ptlyon
07-03-2018, 12:42 PM
My Fiancé is planning our wedding and I don’t really have any input. I hate how much $$ is being spent and I get no say. Last night I tried to talk about my ideas about the wedding and she just gave me a blank look. At least she doesn’t nag at me ever. I’ll just shut my mouth and show up at the wedding. I’m sure it’ll be nice.

You're fucked

bdj23
07-03-2018, 12:46 PM

Are you me?

notorious
07-03-2018, 12:48 PM
Jesus Christ. Run.

The Franchise
07-03-2018, 12:51 PM

Get out now. It will only get worse over time.

ModSocks
07-03-2018, 01:05 PM
Pre-period week is the ****ing worst. The absolute worst.

I call it pre-game. The week before period week is hell week. You can do nothing right, you don't care about her, you don't love her, you don't listen etc (according to her of course). The jokes that you've been making all your life that she always laughed at all of a sudden aren't funny. All of a sudden she feels fat, un-attractive and it's all your fault somehow.

Period week is aight. No big deal. Maybe some remnants of pre-period week remain, but it's otherwise doable.

And then there's post-period. She's glowing during post period week. Happy about everything, laughs at your jokes, takes everything lightly and just generally pleasant to be around. Sex is back and good.

Every month.

Clockwork. Like mini-seasonal cycles.

bevischief
07-03-2018, 01:07 PM
Reminds why I am divorced and happily single.

Eureka
07-03-2018, 01:11 PM

She’s a very good woman overall. Took me being single 6 years to find her after lots of dating. Her father is paying for the majority of the wedding and she is financially better off then me. She’s not a nag and I just am learning that it’s best to just be quite about certain subjects ie the wedding.

Seems some of you guys have women that are Jalapeño and some that are not. I never liked dating jalapeño women!

Marcellus
07-03-2018, 01:19 PM

I'm not sure you are aware but this is a good thing.

Marcellus
07-03-2018, 01:21 PM
Pre-period week is the ****ing worst. The absolute worst.

I call it pre-game. The week before period week is hell week. You can do nothing right, you don't care about her, you don't love her, you don't listen etc (according to her of course). The jokes that you've been making all your life that she always laughed at all of a sudden aren't funny. All of a sudden she feels fat, un-attractive and it's all your fault somehow.

Period week is aight. No big deal. Maybe some remnants of pre-period week remain, but it's otherwise doable.

And then there's post-period. She's glowing during post period week. Happy about everything, laughs at your jokes, takes everything lightly and just generally pleasant to be around. Sex is back and good.

Every month.

Clockwork. Like mini-seasonal cycles.

Holy shit, are we married to the same woman?

The only thing worse is on occasion though her tubes are tied my wife will go on the pill to change her cycle so she isn't on the rag when we go on our big vacation each year. (seems it almost always falls that way).

It takes about 2 or 3 days for me to figure out she is taking crazy pills (birth control) cause she just loses her fucking mind.

Dayze
07-03-2018, 01:27 PM
got up early for a ride on the motorcylce to go grab some breakfast. It was a nice 60-65 degrees. Breakfast place was about 30-40 miles away. Bright sunny morning. I put on my leather jacket and chaps. Wife comes out with a sweatshirt. My wife....who is ALWAYS cold. I say "..you want to wear one of my other riding jackets on the ride out there until it warms up"?

Her: "No. I'm fine. It's nice out"
Me: "...you're going to be cold. It's chilly at 50+mph"
Her: "nah. I'm good. I have my sweatshirt. It's nice and sunny out"
Me: "......................"
Her: "....seriously. I'm good. let's go"
Me: "................... *inner monologue* cussing and swearing like Yosemite Sam"

8 miles down the road, her arms are all tucked in and shes' leaning on me. Get to the breakfast place, and she's shivering. LMAO
I was fully anticipating the "oooh! looks a walmart! can we stop in so i can get a longsleeve sh-....."

Yeah....don't listen your husband; the guy who's been riding since he was 13 and is now 41, and has probably 80k miles on the street bikes.

To her credit....she now listens to me; at least when it comes to riding and gearing up.

RunKC
07-03-2018, 01:27 PM

Get out while you still have a chance. I’m being dead serious.

RunKC
07-03-2018, 01:29 PM

Well shit Pest beat me too it. Good post.

O.city
07-03-2018, 01:35 PM
It's a wedding. Why the hell would you want any say anyway?

ModSocks
07-03-2018, 01:37 PM
Holy shit, are we married to the same woman?

The only thing worse is on occasion though her tubes are tied my wife will go on the pill to change her cycle so she isn't on the rag when we go on our big vacation each year. (seems it almost always falls that way).

It takes about 2 or 3 days for me to figure out she is taking crazy pills (birth control) cause she just loses her ****ing mind.

By better understanding the nature of the woman, we are better equipped to deal with them.

"WTF was that all about?" (checks calendar)
"ooooooooh. It's pre-game"

Graystoke
07-03-2018, 01:58 PM
Shoes.

Fucking Shoes.

How is it I have 3 pairs of Shoes, and every time I try to cross the floor I trip over FUCKING SHOES!

Last night I lost my footing in the dark on these Lead filled Pumps. I tossed them across the room and she is like "What was that? You aren't throwing my Shoes are you?"

FUCK

Dayze
07-03-2018, 01:59 PM
Shoes.

****ing Shoes.

How is it I have 3 pairs of Shoes, and every time I try to cross the floor I trip over ****ING SHOES!

Last night I lost my footing in the dark on these Lead filled Pumps. I tossed them across the room and she is like "What was that? You aren't throwing my Shoes are you?"

LMAO

tooge
07-03-2018, 02:06 PM
I just walk away. Usually to the garage or basement. My dog generally follows me. I look at my dog, who seems to know what is up, and I usually say something like "I know right?" as she looks at me with empathy. Then I go get a cold beer and putter around for about 15 minutes. By then, the wife realizes that what was going down was dumb also, and either appologizes or just plays it safe.

tooge
07-03-2018, 02:11 PM
Mine leaves the kitchen cupboard doors open all the time after grabbing somthing out of them. I used to say something but it always pissed her off and let to a pet peave contest. Now I just ask if she needs anything else out of these and just shut them. Or I just shut them.

KCUnited
07-03-2018, 02:16 PM
I've got no complaints but the only thing that really triggers me is her inability or refusal to screw a cap back on something or tighten a lid after using it. The fuck kind of shit is that? Who puts the cap back on something and only gives it a 1/4 turn? I've pretty much conditioned myself to pick everything up from it's base after years of spilling shit all over from the cap not being on tight enough.

notorious
07-03-2018, 02:20 PM
She’s a very good woman overall. Took me being single 6 years to find her after lots of dating. Her father is paying for the majority of the wedding and she is financially better off then me. She’s not a nag and I just am learning that it’s best to just be quite about certain subjects ie the wedding.

Seems some of you guys have women that are Jalapeño and some that are not. I never liked dating jalapeño women!

So.....you’re the nag.

notorious
07-03-2018, 02:23 PM
It's a wedding. Why the hell would you want any say anyway?

If I’m footing the bill you bet I’m going to have say. His fiancé and FIL are footing it so he should just thank his lucky stars and STFU.

KCUnited
07-03-2018, 02:25 PM
https://i.imgur.com/3FrnXMb.gif?1

Fire Me Boy!
07-03-2018, 02:57 PM
My wife and I used to argue, and whatever it was eventually it would turn into her claiming I thought she was stupid. One time this started, I frustratedly said, “Oh! Are we gonna argue about THIS again? ‘Cause I’m gonna need a fuckin’ chair.”

It did not go over well.

Fire Me Boy!
07-03-2018, 02:58 PM
There's gotta be a horse joke hidden somewhere in the subtext, but I'm just not seeing it. Can anybody help?

Neigh means neigh!

Trivers
07-03-2018, 03:06 PM
My wife and I used to argue, and whatever it was eventually it would turn into her claiming I thought she was stupid. One time this started, I frustratedly said, “Oh! Are we gonna argue about THIS again? ‘Cause I’m gonna need a ****in’ chair.”

It did not go over well.

I've got a closet of those type of tee-shirts. :(

SuperChief
07-03-2018, 03:19 PM
Mine leaves the kitchen cupboard doors open all the time after grabbing somthing out of them. I used to say something but it always pissed her off and let to a pet peave contest. Now I just ask if she needs anything else out of these and just shut them. Or I just shut them.

This is my biggest thing at the moment. Small peanuts, I know - but something about it just screams "Hey, can you stop fucking doing that please?"

I assume the right thing to do is just look away. Or shut it myself.

KCrockaholic
07-03-2018, 04:47 PM
My wife has a habit of throwing thing away near or on the trash can/bag. But not IN the trash can/bag. Wtf. Reminds me of the screw on cap story above

Shoes
07-03-2018, 04:51 PM
Shoes.

****ing Shoes.

How is it I have 3 pairs of Shoes, and every time I try to cross the floor I trip over ****ING SHOES!

Hey **** you too buddy- you better not have been throwing me around.

Coochie liquor
07-03-2018, 04:58 PM
Deciding on where to eat. It drives me crazy, she can’t make up her mind and I hate driving around aimlessly for weeks!!

Bearcat
07-03-2018, 05:36 PM
LOL marriage....

Dunning Kruger.

notorious
07-03-2018, 05:46 PM
When the little things bother you a little too much that’s usually an indicator that there are bigger problems.

The Franchise
07-03-2018, 05:47 PM
Deciding on where to eat. It drives me crazy, she can’t make up her mind and I hate driving around aimlessly for weeks!!

I absolutely despise this shit. Won’t decide but she’ll shootdown my ideas.

Hammock Parties
07-03-2018, 05:48 PM
I've never seen my parents fight in 40 years of marriage.

Pick the right one...

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
07-03-2018, 05:53 PM
Why haven't you left her, Pest?

BryanBusby
07-03-2018, 05:57 PM
I get on my wife here and there over some nitpicky shit, but overall I have it made pretty good.

She isn't an emotional rollercoaster and fucks me well. I've got it mostly made.

I'd shoot myself if I were some of you fuckers.

stumppy
07-03-2018, 05:57 PM
Filling up the fucking ice tray. It was years ago but JFC was that a helluva fight.

I have since figured out I can be too stubborn.

Bearcat
07-03-2018, 05:59 PM
I've never seen my parents fight in 40 years of marriage.

Pick the right one...

I never saw my parents fight, because they're too fucking passive aggressive to actually fight.

The Franchise
07-03-2018, 06:05 PM

And miss out on all the fun?

lewdog
07-03-2018, 06:24 PM
When you think you have it bad remember this.

Someone CHOOSES to live with BEP.

The Franchise
07-03-2018, 06:46 PM

LMAO

ThaVirus
07-03-2018, 06:49 PM
I'm not sure you are aware but this is a good thing.

LOL For real

Hoopsdoc
07-03-2018, 06:59 PM
Who controls the music in the car. When she’s driving, it’s always her. When I’m driving, it’s me, so long as she doesn’t hear something she likes.

Drives me insane.

Spott
07-03-2018, 07:53 PM
My wife and I are both easy going and never fight. I have a good career but she has a better one. I think some guys might be thrown off by that, but it’s never bothered me. Of course we don’t have kids together, which is probably a main reason we don’t fight.

PunkinDrublic
07-03-2018, 09:06 PM
I still remember believing that the worst thing that could happen to me was being single and lonely. What a poor naive bastard I was.

displacedinMN
07-03-2018, 09:14 PM
Last real argument was about her calling me on the way home.

I hate talking on the phone. She called me most nights to talk. I am tired, have a TV and a computer in front of me. I don't want to talk. I want to talk face to face. She finally quit.

As I read this- about periods, shoes, etc. I live in a house with three women. 49. 19. 15.
Those of you in the same boat know what I mean.

Many days I am either in the basement or the garage. I will never win.

rabblerouser
07-04-2018, 08:23 AM

Yes.

Bowser
07-04-2018, 08:49 AM
Politics

PunkinDrublic
07-04-2018, 09:19 AM
I made a post on FB and my ex gf accused me of deleting her “I miss you reply” which snowballed into an even bigger argument and we didn’t talk for three days. Loneliness is so underrated.

LoneWolf
07-04-2018, 09:19 AM
The only thing we ever argue about is our families. Anyone who is married to a Mexican woman understands that when the family comes to visit they roll deep. There have been times we’ve had 15 people show up without prior notice and expect to stay at our house. It drives me fucking nuts and as hard as I try I can’t help but say something like “welcome to Jeremy’s Hyatt Regency, we hope your stay is comfortable.” This ultimately leads to a huge fight because apparently this means I hate my in-laws.

My family on the other hand is very regimented and plan things way ahead of time. If they invite you over for dinner and they say dinner is at 6:00, you better be there by 6:00 or they’ll let you know that you are late and ruining the dinner plans. My wife thinks this is rude and we argue about that.

I was offered a job in Burr Ridge, Illinois about a year ago and I almost accepted the job just to move away from the family drama.

SAUTO
07-04-2018, 09:28 AM
Man...

I'm a lucky guy

listopencil
07-04-2018, 01:52 PM
My wife and I used to argue, and whatever it was eventually it would turn into her claiming I thought she was stupid. One time this started, I frustratedly said, “Oh! Are we gonna argue about THIS again? ‘Cause I’m gonna need a fuckin’ chair.”

It did not go over well.

You could start a thread about things not to say to your wife during an argument. Things like, "Why don't you just go bitch at a wall since you're not really looking for a response anyway?"

Kman34
07-04-2018, 01:55 PM
The wife and I are in a huge fight right now... we are painting our cabinets and in the process we are replacing the hardware which means the handles on the doors are coming off and she wants pull knobs to replace them...
The old handles have two holes in the cabinet and the knobs have one of course.
The handles on the top cabinets are at the bottom of the door and likewise for the bottom cabinets at the top of the door...
I just want to fill one hole and use the other one for the knob.. she wants me to fill both and drill new hole a 1/2 “ from the one I wanted to use...
I got accused of being lazy and not wanting to fill all the holes..

What the fuck!!! I was done after hearing that..

Fire Me Boy!
07-04-2018, 02:02 PM
The wife and I are in a huge fight right now... we are painting our cabinets and in the process we are replacing the hardware which means the handles on the doors are coming off and she wants pull knobs to replace them...

The handles on the top cabinets are at the bottom of the door and likewise for the bottom cabinets at the top of the door...

I just want to fill one hole and use the other one for the knob.. she wants me to fill both and drill new hole a 1/2 “ from the one I wanted to use...

What the fuck!!! I was done after hearing that..

Ask her how bad she wants all her holes filled.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-04-2018, 02:06 PM

What the ****!!! I was done after hearing that..

I wouldn't put up with that shit!

Dinny Bossa Nova
07-04-2018, 02:07 PM

What the ****!!! I was done after hearing that..

Look here, tree fo, you the punk bitch on this one.

Whinin' and cryin' about filling some little bitty holes????

I'm embarrassed for you.

Dinny

Dinny Bossa Nova
07-04-2018, 02:08 PM
I wouldn't put up with that shit!

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Dinny

Kman34
07-04-2018, 02:18 PM
Ask her how bad she wants all her holes filled.

I’m usually happy to fill any holes she wants me to :D... but I work two jobs rarely get any sleep... took a weeks vacation from my day job and still working nights 3 days a week.. and she calls me lazy... Hell no!!!

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-04-2018, 02:19 PM
Here ya go:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/incSwssUyp4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

stumppy
07-04-2018, 02:34 PM

ROFL

lewdog
07-04-2018, 02:45 PM
Man...

I'm a lucky guy

You are gay?

SAUTO
07-04-2018, 02:51 PM
You are gay?

No. I'm a giver. Most takers are bigger bitches than women

SAUTO
07-04-2018, 02:52 PM
My wife just doesn't sweat me. We spend probably 20 to 22 hours a day in the same building. We click.

I buy cars trucks anything i want. No complaints. We have a lot of fun

SuperBowl4
07-04-2018, 03:32 PM
My wife just doesn't sweat me. We spend probably 20 to 22 hours a day in the same building. We click.

I buy cars trucks anything i want. No complaints. We have a lot of funDo you have prenups?

SAUTO
07-04-2018, 04:28 PM
Do you have prenups?

Don't need one

eDave
07-04-2018, 04:46 PM

Be me:

Her: Where do you want to eat?
Me: Suggests restaurant
Her: No. How about another place?
Me: Sounds great.

Eleazar
07-05-2018, 11:56 AM
The other day I was discussing that when one person is always cold and the other person is always hot, the temperature should be kept lower (like 70) and the cold person can just put on more clothing, and thereby both people can be comfortable. I turned out to be wrong on that. The correct answer is that the place should be kept at 80 degrees so the cold person can be slightly cold without having to alter their manner of dress at all, and the hot person should just deal with it.

Dartgod
07-05-2018, 12:20 PM
The other day I was discussing that when one person is always cold and the other person is always hot, the temperature should be kept lower (like 70) and the cold person can just put on more clothing, and thereby both people can be comfortable. I turned out to be wrong on that. The correct answer is that the place should be kept at 80 degrees so the cold person can be slightly cold without having to alter their manner of dress at all, and the hot person should just deal with it.

See post #2

sedated
07-05-2018, 12:30 PM
Be me:

Her: Where do you want to eat?
Me: Suggests restaurant
Her: No. How about another place?
Me: Sounds great.

Someone from CP mentioned something like this on FB:

Guy: Guess where we are going to eat tonight?!?
Her: X restaurant?
Guy: Now we are

ModSocks
07-05-2018, 02:20 PM
I absolutely despise this shit. Won’t decide but she’ll shootdown my ideas.

Me: "what do you feel like eating?"

Her: "I don't care you pick"

Me: "Chili and rice"

Her: "No not that"

.....finally get dinner sorted out....

Me: "what do you feel like watching?"

Her: "I don't care you pick"

Me: (names something awesome)

Her: "No not that"

ModSocks
07-05-2018, 02:21 PM

That's not true. Pretty sure she's been divorced.

ModSocks
07-05-2018, 02:26 PM

I can't speak for Pest, but uh...my wife is hot.

Most Mexican women are short and kinda stumpy....mine is tall and lean.

And i actually appreciate her feisty-ness from time to time. Ever been with a passive aggressive woman? Or a woman who's prone to being depressed? That shit suu*******s.

If we're going to argue, i'd rather argue and then be done with it. Women who let that shit drone on are the freakin' worst. They sit there all sulking...giving you the cold shoulder...not talking to you etc.

Fuck that. If my woman has a problem, she says it, we fight about it and then get over it, smoke a bowl and go play some video games together.