PDA

View Full Version : Life Emergency.

beach tribe
07-09-2018, 06:56 PM
This is about as humbling an experience as I have ever had, and I just don't know what else to do...
I am at the beach in Fort Lauderdale, I came back to my car that I had parked in one of the hotel parking lots to find my car had been broken into and my wallet stolen.
The only thing I have is an old out of service phone and thank God, my Driver's licsence that I keep in there..
I am out of gas and have no way to get home or to work in the morning.
I have none of my numbers and no one I can call to help.
I NEED HELP.
If anyone could Western Union me some gas money I would send it right back tomorrow morning.
I know. This is so embarrassing, but I don't know what else to do. I have tried calling anyone who could help and cant reach ANYONE.
I cannot miss work. I don't know what else to do CP...
I'm so embarrassed..
Can anyone help, or offer a suggestion?
I am so stressed right now.

eDave
07-09-2018, 07:01 PM
If I can do it online, I'm your huckleberry.

How are you able to post? If you can get here, you can get Uber right?

TLO
07-09-2018, 07:03 PM
That sucks man. But this story seems a little strange. How are you able to access ChiefsPlanet?

eDave
07-09-2018, 07:05 PM
That sucks man. But this story seems a little strange. How are you able to access ChiefsPlanet?

I can do it online. Just need a cash pickup location from him.

BigRedChief
07-09-2018, 07:07 PM

How are you able to post? If you can get here, you can get Uber right?if it’s legitimate I’ll kick in some money. I’ve got PayPal and all the cash apps to get you some money quickly.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-09-2018, 07:11 PM
Poster with a history of drug abuse now has no other methods by which to get money, his car is out of gas, and the only thing he has is an out of service phone, yet he's able to get online?

JoeyChuckles
07-09-2018, 07:12 PM
This sounds like the guy at the gas station that says he's a veteran and his family is waiting in the car a few miles away but he doesn't have any money.

Or it could be real. I'm not sure.

Fish
07-09-2018, 07:13 PM
We can remotely pay for an Uber ride right? That shouldn't be difficult.

beach tribe
07-09-2018, 07:15 PM

How are you able to post? If you can get here, you can get Uber right?

I'm on an old out of service phone that was in my glove box using free WiFi in a publix parking lot. The screen is so cracked I can barely use it. There is a Western Union inside that's the only way I can think of to be able to pick up the money
Im sure it can be sent online. You just need full name, city and state. I'm going inside now to get the address here and charge this phone. It ta

beach tribe
07-09-2018, 07:17 PM
Takes forever to type anything on here and it jumps back and forth from page to page bdriving me nuts!!

BigRedChief
07-09-2018, 07:17 PM
We can remotely pay for an Uber ride right? That shouldn't be difficult.yep, you can pay for someone’s ride anywHere in the world where Uber is legal.

beach tribe
07-09-2018, 07:18 PM
This sounds like the guy at the gas station that says he's a veteran and his family is waiting in the car a few miles away but he doesn't have any money.ts

Or it could be real. I'm not sure.

That is exactly how I feel. I am so embarrassed.

JoeyChuckles
I'm on an old out of service phone that was in my glove box using free WiFi in a publix parking lot. The screen is so cracked I can barely use it. There is a Western Union inside that's the only way I can think of to be able to pick up the money
Im sure it can be sent online. You just need full name, city and state. I'm going inside now to get the address here and charge this phone. It ta

Did ya hit the post reply button early, or did the phone die and posthumously decided to continue posting for you, cause it's a good guy?

eDave
Takes forever to type anything on here and it jumps back and forth from page to page bdriving me nuts!!

Alright man. I'm online now. Next step is pickup location. I suspect personal info is next. Hit me with that via rep or some shit.

beach tribe
07-09-2018, 07:19 PM
Poster with a history of drug abuse now has no other methods by which to get money, his car is out of gas, and the only thing he has is an out of service phone, yet he's able to get online?

Free WiFi. Publix parking lot.

eDave
07-09-2018, 07:20 PM
Did ya hit the post reply button early, or did the phone die and posthumously decided to continue posting for you, cause it's a good guy?

Relax man. It's gas money to get home. I made that much typing this out (not really).

beach tribe
07-09-2018, 07:20 PM
Free WiFi. Publix parking lot.

Thanks for making me feel like shit BTW

Dartgod
07-09-2018, 07:21 PM

You know how this place is. You had to expect some douchiness.

JoeyChuckles
07-09-2018, 07:22 PM
Relax man. It's gas money to get home. I made that much typing this out (not really).

You could just tell me to shutup.

JoeyChuckles
07-09-2018, 07:22 PM

We just had to put him through a few security questions to make sure it wasn't a scam. Ya know, the Internet and all.

BigRedChief
07-09-2018, 07:24 PM
Relax man. It's gas money to get home. I made that much typing this out (not really).I offered to kick in some too. I like beach tribe, sure he’s had some issues with drugs but it’s just a ride home money for crissakes.

eDave
07-09-2018, 07:24 PM
You could just tell me to shutup.

Shut up Joey.

MIAdragon
07-09-2018, 07:30 PM
I’m out of town or I’d just come pick you up. Looks like these guys have you taken care of if not pm me.

Titty Meat
07-09-2018, 07:31 PM

This. Dudes a junky and a piece of shit.

beach tribe
07-09-2018, 07:33 PM
I offered to kick in some too. I like beach tribe, sure he’s had some issues with drugs but it’s just a ride home money for crissakes.

I pmed edave so everyone else can chill but thank you everyone.
$10 will get me home and this nightmare will be over.

beach tribe
07-09-2018, 07:35 PM
This. Dudes a junky and a piece of shit.

I haven't done drugs in almost a decade.
But I guess if you share personal history some people, especially people like you, will use it to **** with you.

beach tribe
07-09-2018, 07:37 PM

I did. But I'm also grateful for the overwhelming number of really good people here..

Titty Meat
07-09-2018, 07:41 PM
I haven't done drugs in almost a decade.
But I guess if you share personal history some people, especially people like you, will use it to **** with you.

If I was an emergency I wouldn't take time to argue on the internet. You're lying dude.

Fish
07-09-2018, 07:43 PM

No offense, but when you're asking people you've never met to wire you money, a gram of humble goes a long way.

Coogs
07-09-2018, 07:48 PM
Made it to the beach, but ran out of gas at that very moment. Possible I guess.
:shrug:

beach tribe
07-09-2018, 07:51 PM
If I was an emergency I wouldn't take time to argue on the internetady . You're lying dude.
B
Ive made everyone aware that one person is sending a tiny amount of money for gas. I'm not scamming or I'd be inviting anyone to send. It seems to be taken care of so I'm not asking for anything else.
I know with the abuse you've taken here this gives you the chance to feel better about yourself bybkicking someone when they are in a tough spot.
I'm sorry you feel that need, bro.

Jewish Rabbi
07-09-2018, 07:53 PM
Made it to the beach, but ran out of gas at that very moment. Possible I guess.
:shrug:

Yeah, color me skeptical I guess.

Good on eDave for being a good guy, hope he isn’t being taken advantage of.

Spott
07-09-2018, 07:58 PM
I'd send you some money, but I just blew it all on some sweet seats to a Chiefs preseason game.

stevieray
07-09-2018, 07:58 PM
Yeah, color me skeptical I guess.

Good on eDave for being a good guy, hope he isn’t being taken advantage of.

..it's ten damn dollars.

:shake:

Titty Meat
07-09-2018, 08:01 PM
B
Ive made everyone aware that one person is sending a tiny amount of money for gas. I'm not scamming or I'd be inviting anyone to send. It seems to be taken care of so I'm not asking for anything else.
I know with the abuse you've taken here this gives you the chance to feel better about yourself bybkicking someone when they are in a tough spot.
I'm sorry you feel that need, bro.

You do it all the time you prick. Like I said if my car was broke down the last thing I would be doing is arguing with someone online.

eDave
07-09-2018, 08:02 PM
Lay off, Titty Meat.

lewdog
07-09-2018, 08:19 PM
This is about as humbling an experience as I have ever had, and I just don't know what else to do...
I am at the beach in Fort Lauderdale, I came back to my car that I had parked in one of the hotel parking lots to find my car had been broken into and my wallet stolen.
The only thing I have is an old out of service phone and thank God, my Driver's licsence that I keep in there..
I NEED HELP.
If anyone could Western Union me some gas money I would send it right back tomorrow morning.
I know. This is so embarrassing, but I don't know what else to do. I have tried calling anyone who could help and cant reach ANYONE.
I'm so embarrassed..

The mystery of the universe is amazing.

Car is broken into but manages to salvage a phone used to get help and a Driver's License that is somehow not located in said stolen wallet.

OP has no friends or family who can help him even though he's stranded. Get new friends!

Miraculously arrived at the beach with just enough gas to get there but not enough to get home.

OP actually gets help from good old Chiefsplanet instead of using his talents for a road side handy and earning some gas money.

OP is living right.

-King-
07-09-2018, 08:24 PM
So how do you run out of gas at the beach exactly? You've got to walk me through that one.
Posted via Mobile Device

lewdog
07-09-2018, 08:25 PM
So how do you run out of gas at the beach exactly? You've got to walk me through that one.
Posted via Mobile Device

They only time I've ran out of gas is when you're driving around high trying to satisfy a late night food craving.

-King-
07-09-2018, 08:25 PM
The mystery of the universe is amazing.

Car is broken into but manages to salvage a phone used to get help and a Driver's License that is somehow not located in said stolen wallet.

OP has no friends or family who can help him even though he's stranded. Get new friends!

Miraculously arrived at the beach with just enough gas to get there but not enough to get home.

OP actually gets help from good old Chiefsplanet instead of using his talents for a road side handy and earning some gas money.

OP is living right.

What other choice did he have? It's only 2018. There are no ride sharing apps available!
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief
07-09-2018, 08:26 PM
Geeezzzz you guys can be harsh. It’s a lousy $10 spot.

-King-
07-09-2018, 08:27 PM
They only time I've ran out of gas is when you're driving around high trying to satisfy a late night food craving.

I've never ran out of gas in my life and the beach eounds like the kind of destination you fill up before even heading there unless you live really close. And if that's the case, Uber/Lyft would definitely be a lot easier and embarrassing to get rather than asking internet strangers for money.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
07-09-2018, 08:28 PM

Today. Tomorrow it will he $100. Next week $1000! When do we say enough is enough!!?!
Posted via Mobile Device

Pants
07-09-2018, 08:31 PM
I feel like this is a social experiment or something.

vailpass
07-09-2018, 08:33 PM
I feel like this is a social experiment or something.

Get out of my head.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
07-09-2018, 08:35 PM
Here in the mid-west a church(minstrel alliance) would help. In Fort Lauderdale?

beach tribe
07-09-2018, 08:35 PM
I've never ran out of gas in my life and the beach eounds like the kind of destination you fill up before even heading there unless you live really close. And if that's the case, Uber/Lyft wackedould definitely be a lot easier and embarrassing to gendt rather than asking internet strangers for moneney..
Posted via Mobile Device
Im not totally out, but I will run out thon the way home.
I have an extra DL in my glove box cause I lost it replaced it then found it.
And yeah, I had an old cracked phone in my car.

And yeah. My life has been a big pile of shit almost this whole year.
I'm miserable. This is a microcosm

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-09-2018, 08:38 PM
I couldn't even imagine being down to my last $ .

well, yes i could?

Prayers sent.

beach tribe
07-09-2018, 08:40 PM
Of the whole thing.
Just like how edave sent me some gas money but I need a tracking number and I think he stepped away and they are about to close.
So judge me. Clown me. Laugh it up. it's been one big cosmic joke on me and Ive just about had all I ctan take of it.
Enjoy a nice chuckle while I sleep in my car in the 90 deg heat.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-09-2018, 08:45 PM
Of the whole thing.
Just like how edave sent me some gas money but I need a tracking number and I think he stepped away and they are about to close.
So judge me. Clown me. Laugh it up. it's been one big cosmic joke on me and Ive just about had all I ctan take of it.

Damn, wish I could help. It'll take me two and a half days to drive ther. I'll give you a ride.

New World Order
07-09-2018, 08:45 PM
Just saw this Tribe.

I can help if you still need it.

Keep us updated.

MVChiefFan
07-09-2018, 08:49 PM
Here in the mid-west a church(minstrel alliance) would help. In Fort Lauderdale?

Nah, Fort Lauderdale is too progressive for black face.

SuperBowl4
07-09-2018, 08:53 PM
Of the whole thing.
Enjoy a nice chuckle while I sleep in my car in the 90 deg heat.At least you have the CHIEFS 2018 Season to look forward to. :thumb:

eDave
07-09-2018, 08:58 PM
He's in receipt of the funds. We almost missed each other but the store must have stayed open until he got the confirmation # from me.

PS. It takes a village. Vote Hillary.

dirk digler
07-09-2018, 09:00 PM
Did you call the police? They would probably give you a ride home

OrtonsPiercedTaint
07-09-2018, 09:05 PM
Nah, Fort Lauderdale is too progressive for black face.

:facepalm:

Bowser
07-09-2018, 09:05 PM
He's in receipt of the funds. We almost missed each other but the store must have stayed open until he got the confirmation # from me.

Good on you for stepping up immediately and helping out a complete stranger in a time of need.

Points taken away for quoting and being a fan of HRC. You seem like a smart individual, do better!!

*waiting for inevitable "take this shit to DC" post

eDave
07-09-2018, 09:08 PM
Good on you for stepping up immediately and helping out a complete stranger in a time of need.

Points taken away for quoting and being a fan of HRC. You seem like a smart individual, do better!!

*waiting for inevitable "take this shit to DC" post

Na. I'm just fucking around. As are you.

stevieray
07-09-2018, 09:11 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Get gas on your way home?

deep thoughts.

stumppy
07-09-2018, 09:11 PM

Just noticed this thread. Not surprised you're the one who stepped up.

Good man Dave.

stumppy
07-09-2018, 09:14 PM
Of the whole thing.

Shit happens man. Pay no attention to assholes, lifes too short.

MVChiefFan
07-09-2018, 09:17 PM
:facepalm:

:D I knew you meant ministerial alliance, just giving you a hard time.

Dartgod
07-09-2018, 09:24 PM
I remember when this place used to be a community. Now it's just a place for people who's lives are so miserable, they can only feel better by putting others down.

Fucking sad...

TimBone
07-09-2018, 09:24 PM
Props to eDave.

stumppy
07-09-2018, 09:28 PM
I remember when this place used to be a community. Now it's just a place for people who's lives are so miserable, they can only feel better by putting others down.

Fucking sad...

QFMFT

Fucking sad is right.

ThaVirus
07-09-2018, 09:30 PM

****ing sad...

Yeah. I don't give a shit about 'community', but I do give a shit about not being a dickhead.

Dude asked for $10.. It costs you $0 to keep your ****ing mouth shut and keep scrolling.

beach tribe
07-09-2018, 09:34 PM
Edave came through. Thank you so much.
FTR this story was not BS.
I have for the most part, been happy my whole life although I've been through a lot.
However my sons mother moved a few hrs away and took my son and I have been living with an emptiness and misery that I cant put into words and it's affecting my entire existence. I cant concentrate. I'm depressed. I'm just....
Anyway. Thanks everyone. Sorry for looking sketchy and shit. Really wasn't anything dishonest behind my plea. Just a lack of preparation and disorganization.
Thanks again.

Iowanian
07-09-2018, 09:35 PM
Did. You get hooked up? Pm me info if not. I can find $10 with worse uses.

beach tribe
07-09-2018, 09:36 PM
You do it all the time.

FWIW.
I'm sorry.

beach tribe
07-09-2018, 09:37 PM
Did. You get hooked up? Pm me info if not. I can find $10 with worse uses.

I did.
edave.

Thank you, though.

Katipan
07-09-2018, 09:39 PM
You people are very interesting and neat.

ChiTown
I have for the most part, been happy my whole life although I've been through a lot.
However my sons mother moved a few hrs away and took my son and I have been living with an emptiness and misery that I cant put into words and it's affecting my entire existence. I cant concentrate. I'm depressed. I'm just....
Anyway. Thanks everyone. Sorry for looking sketchy and shit. Really wasn't anything dishonest behind my plea. Just a lack of preparation and disorganization.
Thanks again.

Wow. Sorry to hear all this, BT. I hope things get better for you.

threebag

Wifi

threebag
07-09-2018, 09:44 PM

That's their weekly cash after they catch up on behind bills

BossChief
07-09-2018, 09:49 PM

****ing sad...

It’s a microcosm is the world in general

stevieray
07-09-2018, 09:50 PM
Thanks again.

bummer, man.

Hang in there..the current situation doesn't define your life, it's a just a small part of it.

Be strong for your son. Things will get better.

vailpass
07-09-2018, 09:50 PM
Thanks again.

You don’t need to apologize for shit.

stevieray
07-09-2018, 09:51 PM

Exactly.

SuperBowl4
07-09-2018, 10:57 PM

****ing sad...I know why you want to hate me - I know why you want to hate me - I know why you want to hate me - 'Cause hate is all the world has ever seen lately - Limp Bizkit

DaFace
07-09-2018, 11:03 PM

Fucking sad...

I think the issue is that I've been approached by people in a parking lot who "ran out of gas and have no money to get home" countless times, and at least a few of them have been out there again a few weeks later with the same story. Add in Western Union, which is one of the most common transfer services used in scams, and I can understand the skepticism.

It sounds like BT is legit here, but you have to admit that this sounds pretty scammy if you didn't know the guy previously.

Buehler445
07-09-2018, 11:04 PM
Thanks again.

Keep your head up man. Keep moving forward.

All the best friend.

Buehler445
07-09-2018, 11:05 PM
I think the issue is that I've been approached by people in a parking lot who "ran out of gas and have no money to get home" countless times, and at least a few of them have been out there again a few weeks later with the same story. Add in Western Union, which is one of the most common transfer services used in scams, and I can understand the skepticism.

It sounds like BT is legit here, but you have to admit that this sounds pretty scammy if you didn't know the guy previously.

Eh. If BT was a fraud the sleuths here would have wrecked him years ago.

And it was $10. Not like he’s asking for the world here.

Buehler445
07-09-2018, 11:07 PM

Fucking sad...

You know what this place needs? Someone threatening to sue. Nothin brings this place together like obliterating morons that think they can sue. ROFL

BigRedChief
07-09-2018, 11:13 PM
You don’t need to apologize for shit.In this case, we are in agreement.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-09-2018, 11:14 PM
Good job, edave

DaFace
07-09-2018, 11:27 PM
Eh. If BT was a fraud the sleuths here would have wrecked him years ago.

And it was $10. Not like he’s asking for the world here.Sure, but it took 25 posts before anyone realized he was only asking for $10.

Jewish Rabbi
07-09-2018, 11:39 PM
Sure, but it took $25 posts before anyone realized he was only asking for $10.

Also who was really laying it on him other than Billay, who is a known dipshit?

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-10-2018, 05:28 AM
Hey eDave, I'm out of Beer. Help!

stumppy
07-10-2018, 05:35 AM

The dude admitted to having a drug problem what, 10 - 12 years ago and that's the first fucking thing you go to.

KCUnited
07-10-2018, 05:40 AM
Not that its applicable in BT's case but a good rule of thumb is to familiarize yourself with your auto policy. A lot of people pay for roadside assistance through their policy and either don't know it, forget about it, or think it's only for a tow, and don't realize they'll bring you a couple gallons of gas as well.

Lol, I thought about making a similar thread looking for a ride once after I lost my keys at a concert in Lawrence and my wife was out of town. I got a ride back to KC and spent the night on my front porch. None of my friends were around, so after my keys were found and I got them back the next day, I Uber'd to Union Station and took an Amtrak back to Lawrence to get my car and drive it back to KC. Sometimes shit just happens.

cwhocares
07-10-2018, 06:18 AM
Just saw the post. Good job eDave. Miss your old avatar. Nice pic of Pleiades.
To all the negative posters, It's only $10". I used to blow that in the candy machine at work each week.

Dartgod
07-10-2018, 06:31 AM
It’s a microcosm is the world in general

This is very true. And its really only a few people that engage in this type of BS.

Bwana
07-10-2018, 07:48 AM

Yeah I have to agree. I'm glad the dude was able to get a few bucks to get home. I have helped out people around here several times over the years with money and other things. I was stung once, but looking back, I would do it again.

Predarat
07-10-2018, 08:28 AM
You know what this place needs? Someone threatening to sue. Nothin brings this place together like obliterating morons that think they can sue. ROFL

Gotta find a way to lure Kirstie Tynes back in here.

Bwana
07-10-2018, 08:42 AM

Heh, yeah there has been a few over the years that have made that threat. Generally it doesn't end well for them.

patteeu
07-10-2018, 10:21 AM
Sounds like a rough day. Now that it worked out, it makes a good story though, so in a way it was worth it.

philfree
07-10-2018, 10:25 AM
If you could post here why didn't you just email your boss for some help? Or somebody close enough to help you out?

loochy
07-10-2018, 10:37 AM
If you could post here why didn't you just email your boss for some help? Or somebody close enough to help you out?

This is the LAST place I'd ask for help.

No offense or anything.
Posted via Mobile Device

stumppy
07-10-2018, 10:39 AM

And just hope they check their email in the next hour? If you remembered his address.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-10-2018, 11:28 AM
I sent prayers. It's all I could afford.

eDave
07-10-2018, 11:44 AM
And just hope they check their email in the next hour? If you remembered his address.

I've run into that before. Out and late to get back and I didn't have his info in my phone. It is now.

scho63
07-10-2018, 01:21 PM
I guess we have to see if eDave get's his $10 back.

ptlyon
07-10-2018, 01:24 PM
This is the LAST place I'd ask for help.

No offense or anything.
Posted via Mobile Device

Offense taken

Iowanian
07-10-2018, 01:29 PM

Just say Beetlejuice 3 times and google will bring her back.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-10-2018, 01:30 PM
I sent prayers. It's all I could afford.

It obviously worked.

stumppy
07-10-2018, 01:31 PM
I've run into that before. Out and late to get back and I didn't have his info in my phone. It is now.

Hell, before cell phones and the internet I had everybody's phone number memorized. Nowadays, couldn't tell you anyone's number let alone their email.

That reminds me, I used to keep important numbers in my wallet but haven't made a new list since changing wallets. Gonna get that done today.

Thanks for posting Beach:D

patteeu
07-10-2018, 02:13 PM
I guess we have to see if eDave get's his $10 back.

Oh, he'll get the $10 back. This was just a trial run to mark the most gullible among us for a big payday down the road. beach tribe will have eDave co-signing on an F-150 before you know it.

eDave
07-10-2018, 03:03 PM
Oh, he'll get the $10 back. This was just a trial run to mark the most gullible among us for a big payday down the road. beach tribe will have eDave co-signing on an F-150 before you know it.

I'm a Liberal. I'll just steal myself an F-150 if I wanted one.

threebag
07-10-2018, 03:43 PM
Not that its applicable in BT's case but a good rule of thumb is to familiarize yourself with your auto policy. A lot of people pay for roadside assistance through their policy and either don't know it, forget about it, or think it's only for a tow, and don't realize they'll bring you a couple gallons of gas as well.

Lol, I thought about making a similar thread looking for a ride once after I lost my keys at a concert in Lawrence and my wife was out of town. I got a ride back to KC and spent the night on my front porch. None of my friends were around, so after my keys were found and I got them back the next day, I Uber'd to Union Station and took an Amtrak back to Lawrence to get my car and drive it back to KC. Sometimes shit just happens.

I think some cell phone services offer up road side assistance also

loochy
07-10-2018, 03:47 PM
I'm a Liberal. I'll just steal myself an F-150 a prius if I wanted one.

FYP
Posted via Mobile Device

kysirsoze
07-10-2018, 03:50 PM

Dude has over 20k posts on here and joined 11 years ago. He's not a total stranger walking up. If someone I had seen before in my neighborhood stopped me and asked to borrow a few bucks for gas, I would do it immediately. Plus, going after his drug use history over this is a really shitty move.

threebag
07-10-2018, 03:50 PM
FYP
Posted via Mobile Device

Nothing like a little head in a Prius

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8a/dd/09/8add097eca0b310bd5a54255d4f6d72b.jpg

dlphg9
07-10-2018, 10:26 PM
Some of you douche bags need to drink antifreeze

scho63
07-12-2018, 10:12 PM
I kid you not, I just had a co-worker borrow $10 from me on Tuesday evening and today he gave it back with apologies.

Shit happens

Chief Pagan
07-12-2018, 11:33 PM
Some of you douche bags need to drink antifreeze

Can I borrow $10?

To buy some antifreeze, I swear.

Fansy the Famous Bard
07-13-2018, 06:39 AM
Can I borrow $10?

To buy some antifreeze, I swear.

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be paying that back.

TLO
07-13-2018, 08:26 AM
I kid you not, I just had a co-worker borrow $10 from me on Tuesday evening and today he gave it back with apologies.

Shit happens

That's a great story.

Simply Red
07-13-2018, 08:28 AM
That's a great story.

this (for sure!)

crazycoffey
07-13-2018, 11:57 AM
I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be paying that back.

Then consider it $10 well spent.....

Rain Man
07-13-2018, 12:03 PM
So was this a real emergency or was it a test of the Chiefsplanet emergency response system? The thread is too long to read now.

srvy
07-13-2018, 12:32 PM
Did you get your 10 spot back eDave?

beach tribe
07-13-2018, 02:34 PM
Edave please pm me your info. Thanks again.

And for all you people with your mind in the gutter, who are are the reasons the good Samaritan law had to be passed, who would step over someone bleeding out rather than get off Facebook to call for help,
I feel sorry for you.
When you expect people, who have never given the chance to show you they are being honest and can be trusted, to be scamming shit bags it is nothing more than a reflection of who you are inside.
Liars think everyone is lying.
Scammers think everyone is scamming.
Unfortunately, there are tons of people in this world who could give two shits about their fellow man. I am not one of them.
I have literally given the shirt off my back for someone in need.
I'm going through a tough time in life right now because my family moved away and it has affected my focus and emotional state. But I've been to the top of the mountain and the bottom of the canal, andI still get up every morning and go to work.
I'm still clean after almost a decade, and I still view the world through unjaded eyes.
Thanks to all of those whose responses showed me that they still have a soul.

Eleazar
07-13-2018, 02:44 PM

And for all you people with your mind in the gutter, who are are the reasons the good Samaritan law had to be passed, who would step over someone bleeding out rather than get off Facebook to call for help,

That's not what a Good Samaritan law is

Simply Red
07-13-2018, 03:04 PM

I feel sorry for you.
When you expect people, who have never given the chance to show you they are being honest and can be trusted, to be scamming shit bags it is nothing more than a reflection of who you are inside.
Unfortunately, there are tons of people in this world who could give two shits about their fellow man. I am not one of them.
I'm going through a tough time in life right now because my family moved away and it has affected my focus and emotional state. But I've been to the top of the mountain and the bottom of the canal, andI still get up every morning and go to work.
I'm still clean after almost a decade, and I still view the world through unjaded eyes.

Thank you that's very sweet.

beach tribe
07-13-2018, 03:04 PM
That's not what a Good Samaritan law is

I know that. But usually people of this kind of the mindset are the ones that created the need for the law.

threebag
07-13-2018, 03:13 PM
Glad it all worked out Beach Tripe... God bless and fuck the haters

OrtonsPiercedTaint
07-13-2018, 03:25 PM
Everybody serves a purpose. Every response kept the thread towards the top of the Lounge.

:Kermit the frog: YAY :Kermit the frog:

burt
07-13-2018, 04:07 PM

I feel sorry for you.

BT, I feel your pain. Keeping on top is difficult, but hang in there. IF you don't give up, keep working it will be okay! Sorry I wasn't online at the beginning of this. I ain't got much, but a few bucks to a struggling interweb friend ain't nothin'....

srvy
07-13-2018, 04:16 PM
I NEED HELP.
I'm so embarrassed..

I was just putting a wrap on this thread and you did say you would have it back the next day.

Maybe eDave wasnt looking for the 10 spot back. Maybe its not my business but like probably a lot of others we were curious of the outcome.

burt
07-13-2018, 04:17 PM
I was just putting a wrap on this thread and you did say you would have it back the next day.

Maybe eDave wasnt looking for the 10 spot back. Maybe its not my business but like probably a lot of others we were curious of the outcome.

Never "lend" money that you really expect back.

Willie Lanier
07-13-2018, 04:27 PM

Truth

srvy
07-13-2018, 04:45 PM
I agree I have bought many lunches for a crew member a little light on lunch funds and never asked it back.

I found the best way to handle it was buy the whole crews lunch and the fella didnt have humble himself. The guy work best on a full belly.

eDave
07-13-2018, 05:01 PM
Did you get your 10 spot back eDave?

We're square.

rocknrolla
07-13-2018, 06:53 PM

This!

RealSNR
07-14-2018, 11:46 AM
This place seems nice

Bowser
07-14-2018, 11:49 AM
This place seems nice

R U GAYE

threebag
07-14-2018, 05:01 PM
R U GAYEMANIA

BryanBusby
07-14-2018, 05:05 PM
Man this dude saw more anger over ten bux than Hootie did for bleeding a bunch of fuckers.

Simply Red
07-14-2018, 05:06 PM
This place seems nice

oh it is!

Simply Red
07-14-2018, 05:26 PM

Fucking sad...

BS it's always been ruthless, actually it used to be worse. Edit: At least since I've been here.

TLO
07-14-2018, 07:17 PM
Man this dude saw more anger over ten bux than Hootie did for bleeding a bunch of ****ers.

I might go back and re-read that thread now. Thanks for the reminder.

Simply Red
07-14-2018, 07:38 PM
I might go back and re-read that thread now. Thanks for the reminder.

thank you.

BryanBusby
07-14-2018, 10:20 PM
thank you.
Thank you for thanking

Eleazar
07-14-2018, 10:30 PM
I know that. But usually people of this kind of the mindset are the ones that created the need for the law.

It's not a law that says you have a duty to rescue. It says that if you do attempt to help someone they can't come back and sue you later for supposedly causing them injury in the attempt.

Eleazar
07-14-2018, 10:31 PM
Man this dude saw more anger over ten bux than Hootie did for bleeding a bunch of ****ers.

LMAO

He flushed a few thousand dollars of other peoples' money and most of them smiled and said they had no regrets.

Buehler445
07-14-2018, 10:50 PM
We're square.

I’m bumping this one in case anyone missed it.

SuperBowl4
07-15-2018, 12:51 AM
I love happy endings.

eDave
07-15-2018, 10:15 AM
LMAO

He flushed a few thousand dollars of other peoples' money and most of them smiled and said they had no regrets.

We were going to lose it all anyway.

DaFace
07-15-2018, 11:01 AM
LMAO

Just to prevent Hootie from creating another mult and shitting all over the place:

That's not an accurate representation of what happened. Everyone decided to pool their money in a GAMBLING POOL. If you give a friend money to play craps on your behalf, it's pretty shitty to blame him when he doesn't win.

philfree
07-15-2018, 12:03 PM

Messenger or something.

TLO
09-10-2018, 02:17 PM
So I heard that Beach Tribe failed to hold up his end of the bargin on this? (This was discussed briefly in chat yesterday)

What's the deal, Beach?

BigRichard
09-10-2018, 02:23 PM
Just to prevent Hootie from creating another mult and shitting all over the place:

That's not an accurate representation of what happened. Everyone decided to pool their money in a GAMBLING POOL. If you give a friend money to play craps on your behalf, it's pretty shitty to blame him when he doesn't win.

Yeah, I was in on that. I had no regrets. It was money I considered gone when I put it into the pool. I am not so certain Hootie should have been banned but he did freak out a bit.

MTG#10
10-14-2018, 04:55 PM
Junkie cunt. 3+ months and you still haven't paid him back?

stevieray
10-14-2018, 04:56 PM
Junkie ****. 3+ months and you still haven't paid him back?

dude.

MTG#10
10-14-2018, 05:01 PM
dude.

What? He's a fucking liar. I have ZERO sympathy for people who take advantage of people who want to help.

Titty Meat
10-14-2018, 05:03 PM
Also who was really laying it on him other than Billay, who is a known dipshit?

Great take here.

Jewish Rabbi
10-14-2018, 05:11 PM
Great take here.

I guess I’m not sure what you mean. I said I was skeptical of his intentions earlier in the thread. You did keep piling on, and you’re a dipshit. Where was I wrong in this?

stevieray
10-14-2018, 05:12 PM
What? He's a ****ing liar. I have ZERO sympathy for people who take advantage of people who want to help.

ya, we know.

and?

MTG#10
10-14-2018, 05:19 PM
ya, we know.

and?

:rolleyes:

Don Corlemahomes
10-14-2018, 05:20 PM
I guess I’m not sure what you mean. I said I was skeptical of his intentions earlier in the thread. You did keep piling on, and you’re a dipshit. Where was I wrong in this?

You were so fucking right, it's wrong. Have mercy on the dumbest of your brothers.

Titty Meat
10-14-2018, 05:27 PM

I'm not piling on I told him to get help. You were one of the dumbasses being a cheerleader when some of us had enough common sense to call him on his bullshit. Dont act all high and mighty now. Your stupid ass got finessed trying to act like you were the intelligent one LMAO

Jewish Rabbi
10-14-2018, 05:56 PM
I'm not piling on I told him to get help. You were one of the dumbasses being a cheerleader when some of us had enough common sense to call him on his bullshit. Dont act all high and mighty now. Your stupid ass got finessed trying to act like you were the intelligent one LMAO
I never came to this guy’s defense. Read the thread bro.

Chiefs4TheWin
10-14-2018, 05:58 PM
I feel like I owe eDave 20$ for all this drama I get to lurk.