PDA

View Full Version : Misc Amazon Prime Day 2018_Starts 2:00 p.m. Central Time

vailpass
07-16-2018, 12:51 PM
Prime Day kicks off in about 10 minutes. Anybody doing any shopping today? If you find a smoking deal on antifreeze, AIDS, or anything else and want to post it here go ahead.

lawrenceRaider
07-16-2018, 12:57 PM
If all this available is the crap they posted as preview, it's not worth the effort to even look.

vailpass
07-16-2018, 12:59 PM
If all this available is the crap they posted as preview, it's not worth the effort to even look.

Yeah last year's didn't have a whole lot worth going after unless you want any of their Kindle or Fire hardware. Seems to mainly be a way to clear out inventory and sell Alexa.

vailpass
07-16-2018, 01:02 PM
Prime Day just kicked off. Web site crashed. LMAO

BigRedChief
07-16-2018, 01:09 PM
I got all my orders in over the weekend before this crap started.

Eleazar
07-16-2018, 01:14 PM
Yeah last year's didn't have a whole lot worth going after unless you want any of their Kindle or Fire hardware. Seems to mainly be a way to clear out inventory and sell Alexa.

Yeah, not even worth bothering with. The few decent things they sprinkle in there are gone in .2 seconds

Dunit35
07-16-2018, 01:16 PM
Forgot about this. Decided to take a look just now and it’s still crashed. Good work Amazon.

vailpass
07-16-2018, 01:22 PM
Amazon’s website crashed as soon as Prime Day began

Amazon’s website is suffering an outage on Prime Day, the e-commerce giant’s made up sales holiday designed to maximize orders and single-day revenue. According to DownDetector.com, Amazon has been experiencing issues as of around 3:05PM ET today, with a large spike in reports in the last 10 minutes. Prime Day officially began at 3PM ET / 12PM PT.

It’s not immediately clear how widespread the outage is, and whether its only affecting certain regions of the US. Some users have reported being able to access product pages, but not the Amazon.com homepage. Some are not experiencing issues at all, while others are seeing the company’s well-known “dogs of Amazon” page, which is the company’s placeholder art during full-blown outages that highlights well-known pets of Amazon employees.

ChiliConCarnage
07-16-2018, 01:22 PM
It just goes in a loop? If I click shop deals by electronics, it just takes me back to shop all deals and around and around

kjwood75nro
07-16-2018, 01:23 PM
Amazon Fire Sticks with voice remote are $20.

*shrug

vailpass
07-16-2018, 01:25 PM
Some of the Amazon employees have some nice dogs.

ChiliConCarnage
07-16-2018, 01:31 PM
Some of the Amazon employees have some nice dogs.

heh, tried to switch to the app and you get dogs and an error instead of endless loop. The dog pics are less annoying than the error

lawrenceRaider
07-16-2018, 01:35 PM
I ended up using my $10 from spending $10 at Whole Foods over the weekend on something not on sale. If you click on your cart you can search for stuff from there.

BigRedChief
07-16-2018, 01:39 PM
It's $10 a month. You get free 1-2 day shipping. You get prime music, TV and movies. Helluva deal you cheapskates.

lawrenceRaider
07-16-2018, 01:41 PM
It's $10 a month. You get free 1-2 day shipping. You get prime music, TV and movies. Helluva deal you cheapskates.

Pretty damn random response to the thread topic.

vailpass
07-16-2018, 01:47 PM
Pretty damn random response to the thread topic.

Yes but I'm sure he meant every word of whatever point he was making.

Spott
07-16-2018, 01:52 PM

I have Amazon prime but it "only" costs me $50 per year. I meant to cancel it but they auto-renewed it in February.

Eleazar
07-16-2018, 01:53 PM
Amazon’s website crashed as soon as Prime Day began

Amazon’s website is suffering an outage on Prime Day, the e-commerce giant’s made up sales holiday designed to maximize orders and single-day revenue. According to DownDetector.com, Amazon has been experiencing issues as of around 3:05PM ET today, with a large spike in reports in the last 10 minutes. Prime Day officially began at 3PM ET / 12PM PT.

It’s not immediately clear how widespread the outage is, and whether its only affecting certain regions of the US. Some users have reported being able to access product pages, but not the Amazon.com homepage. Some are not experiencing issues at all, while others are seeing the company’s well-known “dogs of Amazon” page, which is the company’s placeholder art during full-blown outages that highlights well-known pets of Amazon employees.

Russians

BigRedChief
07-16-2018, 02:05 PM
I have Amazon prime but it "only" costs me $50 per year. I meant to cancel it but they auto-renewed it in February.The $10 is the full retail price. That was my point. You can't do any worse price wise. I'm also paying $50 a year.

It's not just cheap shipping its also convenience for me. I've got a boat dock that has some big motors on it to get the boat into and out of the water. One of the covers blew away during the hurricane last year. I had no idea on how to get a replacement. Manufacture is kaput. Call marinas, boat storage places, boat sales? I go on Amazon and within 1 minute I've got the exact cover and its delivered in 2 days. Fit perfectly.

You don't see any value in using Prime? Thats cool. To each their own as they say....

MarkDavis'Haircut
07-16-2018, 02:06 PM
How does Amazon Prime work?

Beef Supreme
07-16-2018, 02:10 PM
How does Amazon Prime work?

Like a boss.

It works like this. I order shit, and it's on my porch in 2 days.

BigRedChief
07-16-2018, 02:11 PM
How does Amazon Prime work?Pay Amazon $50-$120 a year. Get free 1-2 day shipping on all Prime items. No yearly/daily/monthly limit on number of packages or cost for shipping. You usually get free standard shipping on most other items.

You also get prime, music, TV and movies for free.

MarkDavis'Haircut
07-16-2018, 02:14 PM
Pay Amazon $50-$120 a year. Get free 1-2 day shipping on all Prime items. No yearly/daily/monthly limit on number of packages or cost for shipping. You usually get free standard shipping on most other items.

You also get prime, music, TV and movies for free.

I appreciate the explanation. I have Prime. Just got it last month. I forgot to add the word day.

How does Amazon Prime Day work? There are special, limited deals?

BigRedChief
07-16-2018, 02:15 PM
I appreciate the explanation. I have Prime. Just got it last month. I forgot to add the word day.

How does Amazon Prime Day work? There are special, limited deals?It's for people who don't already have prime. See how great this is, you should sign up promotion.

Beef Supreme
07-16-2018, 02:18 PM

How does Amazon Prime Day work? There are special, limited deals?

Yeah, their site has been crashing today. But yes. Special limited deals. I got a couple pair of shoes and a Fire 8 tablet last year. If you were kinda thinking about getting any of the Amazon stuff like Fire tablets and Fire Sticks and Echos and stuff, this is the time to do it.

dirk digler
07-16-2018, 02:27 PM
And here I thought AWS was supposed to be good.

BigRedChief
07-16-2018, 02:32 PM
And here I thought AWS was supposed to be good.AWS? ROFL I gave up and went all in on Azure.

Bearcat
07-16-2018, 02:52 PM
It's for people who don't already have prime. See how great this is, you should sign up promotion.

And everybody who has Prime.

loochy
07-16-2018, 02:55 PM
I can't even sign in. Ha, good luck making sales that way Amazon.

Sorry! Something went wrong on our end. Please go back and try again or go to Amazon's home page.

Rupert - Meet the dogs of Amazon

Sorce
07-16-2018, 02:58 PM
It's for people who don't already have prime. See how great this is, you should sign up promotion.

It was Amazon creating a consumer holiday in the summer. Other sites have jumped on the bandwagon advertising their own deals as well.

Miles
07-16-2018, 03:22 PM
I can't even sign in. Ha, good luck making sales that way Amazon.

Sorry! Something went wrong on our end. Please go back and try again or go to Amazon's home page.

Rupert - Meet the dogs of Amazon

Not working for me either but amused by the randomness of the Dogs or Amazon.

Sure-Oz
07-16-2018, 04:10 PM
Got 2 fire tv sticks. Not seeing anything else except like $240 uhd tv

FD
07-16-2018, 04:13 PM
Incredible deals on Fire tablets today.

Also, other retailers have jumped on board. They have 50% off and free shipping at the Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic websites, big discounts at Target.com, etc.

BryanBusby
07-16-2018, 04:14 PM
I was able to stack 7 Target coupons today, which will beat anything Amazon could do.

Fuck prime day LMAO. I want them to beat a $137 Nintendo Switch

vailpass
07-16-2018, 04:15 PM
Incredible deals on Fire tablets today.

Also, other retailers have jumped on board. They have 50% off and free shipping at the Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic websites, big discounts at Target.com, etc.

Newegg is said to be having deals today as well. I haven't looked though.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy
07-16-2018, 04:18 PM
Got 2 fire tv sticks. Not seeing anything else except like $240 uhd tv

I saw that TV. Thought about it. I need one with HDR for a PS4 Pro but I won't buy a TV without having seen it in action.

Eleazar
07-16-2018, 04:33 PM
News just reported that the workers at Amazon facilities that are unionized walked out today, so you may experience delivery delays LMAO

MarkDavis'Haircut
07-16-2018, 04:45 PM
I was able to stack 7 Target coupons today, which will beat anything Amazon could do.

**** prime day LMAO. I want them to beat a $137 Nintendo Switch

Where did you get the coupons?

I do need a Switch.

Bwana
07-16-2018, 04:56 PM
LOL I just check it out. It looks like they are trying to clear out all the crap in their warehouse that won't go away. Definitely nothing on there I can't live without.

vailpass
07-16-2018, 04:59 PM
I saw that TV. Thought about it. I need one with HDR for a PS4 Pro but I won't buy a TV without having seen it in action.

It's 60mhz

vailpass
07-16-2018, 05:00 PM
LOL I just check it out. It looks like they are trying to clear out all the crap in their warehouse that won't go away. Definitely nothing on there I can't live without.

Yep it's like somebody's yard sale on the second day.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy
07-16-2018, 05:07 PM
It's 60mhz

Yeah, nevermind. I'll go to BestBuy/Costco and check some out.

HonestChieffan
07-16-2018, 05:30 PM
Permetex battery terminal anti corrosion spray scored that bitch after fighting with nasty cables John Deere put that cannot be reached

jd1020
07-16-2018, 05:54 PM
Not sure if it has anything to do with the Prime Day shit but I just bought the Skybell HD. $9 cheaper than the typical sale.

BigRedChief
07-16-2018, 05:56 PM
Newegg is said to be having deals today as well. I haven't looked though.Competition is good for consumers. I love Amazon but if it gets a near monopoly on online retail, it will stifile companies like Newegg who have always been good to me online for over 15 years.

Hammock Parties
07-16-2018, 05:57 PM
Thanks for all the buttfucking packages I'm going to have to deliver this week, assholes.

Bowser
07-16-2018, 06:01 PM
Thanks for all the buttfucking packages I'm going to have to deliver this week, assholes.

Work, you government drone! WORK!!

BigRedChief
07-16-2018, 06:03 PM
Work, you government drone! WORK!!yeah you got good health care, salary and a cushy pension waiting for you so shaddup and deliver our shit.

Hammock Parties
07-16-2018, 06:09 PM
I'm just glad I'm not doing route 6 this week.

That route normally has two hampers FULL of boxes and parcels. Most routes only have one and a lot of times your hamper is only half full.

Tomorrow I bet he has FOUR.

Simply Red
07-16-2018, 06:14 PM
Like a boss.

It works like this. I order shit, and it's on my porch in 2 days.

I'm finding the 2 day thing almost never happening - and I too am a member. This is with prime eligible items, so I'm not sure the issue.

jjchieffan
07-16-2018, 06:18 PM
I've been on there today. Got the 4k FireTV for $34.95 I paid more than that for my Firestick. I also got the Moto 4x phone for $199 for my daughter. I have had a hard time getting around the site. Search function is pretty much useless and the FireTV was showing sold out for awhile. But, I got what I wanted. Still hoping to get a deal on a sound bar, but that's about it.

jjchieffan
07-16-2018, 06:19 PM
I'm finding the 2 day thing almost never happening - and I too am a member. This is with prime eligible items, so I'm not sure the issue.

Really? I've only had a prime item not arrive in 2 days. It got misdirected. I called Amazon to find out when it would be here and they gave me a $5 credit.

jjchieffan
07-16-2018, 06:26 PM

**** prime day LMAO. I want them to beat a $137 Nintendo Switch

Please enlighten us on how you did that. I have a daughter wanting a switch for her birthday.

vailpass
07-16-2018, 06:34 PM
Competition is good for consumers. I love Amazon but if it gets a near monopoly on online retail, it will stifile companies like Newegg who have always been good to me online for over 15 years.

Agreed. They want to become the only retail option and that can’t happen.

Simply Red
07-16-2018, 06:45 PM
Really? I've only had a prime item not arrive in 2 days. It got misdirected. I called Amazon to find out when it would be here and they gave me a $5 credit.

yeah for example - I ordered some 3" painter's masking-tape on Saturday Morning - it is scheduled to be here on Wed.

Deberg_1990
07-16-2018, 06:53 PM
Agreed. They want to become the only retail option and that can’t happen.

That will never happen. People will always need and want something instantly at wal mart, target, etc....

Jerm
07-16-2018, 06:54 PM
Please enlighten us on how you did that. I have a daughter wanting a switch for her birthday.

It was a fuck up in their system last night that they've now fixed...

BigRedChief
07-16-2018, 06:56 PM
I'm finding the 2 day thing almost never happening - and I too am a member. This is with prime eligible items, so I'm not sure the issue.I sometimes get next day. Always get 2 day. Maybe because there is a big distribution center in Tampa? But, I’d bet they got one of those in your city too.

Simply Red
07-16-2018, 07:06 PM
I sometimes get next day. Always get 2 day. Maybe because there is a big distribution center in Tampa? But, I’d bet they got one of those in your city too.

I will start monitoring it more.

Bearcat
07-16-2018, 07:11 PM

Is UPS shipping the things that are late? I've had a few issues in the past several months with the USPS handoff and other shitty shipping companies..... it's frustrating that they not only increased the cost to $120, but are now using cheaper and shittier services that can't deliver on time (and in one case completely lost an item).

Supposedly, you can complain and get a month free of Prime or something similar.

Simply Red
07-16-2018, 07:18 PM
Is UPS shipping the things that are late? I've had a few issues in the past several months with the USPS handoff and other shitty shipping companies..... it's frustrating that they not only increased the cost to $120, but are now using cheaper and shittier services that can't deliver on time (and in one case completely lost an item).

Supposedly, you can complain and get a month free of Prime or something similar.

I've had those - but no this one was straight from Amazon as the seller - USPS.

jjchieffan
07-16-2018, 07:29 PM
yeah for example - I ordered some 3" painter's masking-tape on Saturday Morning - it is scheduled to be here on Wed.

Well, that's technically 2 day. Saturday is the weekend. Not a business day. Monday is the first business day that it could ship. Therefore, Wednesday would would be 2 business days. There are exceptions to that though. We ordered dog food once on a Saturday and it arrived on Monday.

kcxiv
07-16-2018, 07:31 PM
Ordered me a bluetooth speaker for my garage when i work out. Was tired of using headphones that kept falling off my head when i hit the heavy bag. they start to fall off quite a bit after a 20-30 min session on that thing.

jjchieffan
07-16-2018, 07:31 PM
It was a **** up in their system last night that they've now fixed...

Figures. Well, at least you managed to get one before they fixed it.

BryanBusby
07-16-2018, 10:56 PM
It was a fuck up in their system last night that they've now fixed...
This.

MarkDavis'Haircut
07-17-2018, 06:38 AM

Same. Well, I don't have a daughter, I just require the Switch.

OnTheWarpath15
07-17-2018, 07:14 AM
I've only had Prime shipping take more than two days once, and they gave me a $7 credit for it. I get deliveries on Saturdays and Sundays regularly.

kcxiv
07-17-2018, 07:26 AM

I have only had one package not come on a 2 day prime, and that was for something my neighbor bought on my account. It was a Sunday delivery and it came on Monday at like 8am.

ChiliConCarnage
07-17-2018, 07:48 AM
$50 itunes & app store gift card for $40 right now

loochy
07-17-2018, 07:57 AM

i tunes can eat a bag of dicks
Posted via Mobile Device

patteeu
07-17-2018, 08:06 AM

That's like printing money!

Molitoth
07-17-2018, 08:33 AM
I picked up a set of these for $99. Sold out now.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BMQXVLB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

vailpass
07-17-2018, 09:59 AM
Bose noise cancelling headset for $125 usually $279.

Keurig Coffee Maker $99 usually $197

Mahomes
07-17-2018, 10:20 AM
Ordered me a bluetooth speaker for my garage when i work out. Was tired of using headphones that kept falling off my head when i hit the heavy bag. they start to fall off quite a bit after a 20-30 min session on that thing.

You don’t like over the head type of headphones? I moved to wireless over the head and have no no trouble working out doing b-ball drills/jogging/lifting

Mahomes
07-17-2018, 10:21 AM
Bose noise cancelling headset for $125 usually $279.

Keurig Coffee Maker $99 usually $197

I found one at an Office Depot stashed in clearance for 20 dollars. It was a k15 if I recall

Deberg_1990
10-13-2020, 08:44 AM
Prime day 2020! Post up any deals you may have gotten.