PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs hope big gamble on Patrick Mahomes pays off

RunKC
07-18-2018, 09:30 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/2018-nfl-preview-chiefs-hope-big-gamble-patrick-mahomes-pays-off-130041503.html?__twitter_impression=true

Newest from Terez. Fap worthy.

Edit: not from Terez. He just tweeted it out.

tyreekthefreak
07-18-2018, 09:37 AM
Big gamble? He is going to shock the world!

BleedingRed
07-18-2018, 09:37 AM
No one in the NFL has more to work with when it comes to talent then Mahomes.... It's not debatable.

lcarus
07-18-2018, 09:39 AM

"Tyreek. Run to the other side of that mountain and I'll hit you for a touchdown"

BleedingRed
07-18-2018, 09:42 AM
"Tyreek. Run to the other side of that mountain and I'll hit you for a touchdown"

https://media3.giphy.com/media/RPx04h8iPidAQ/giphy.gif

carcosa
07-18-2018, 09:43 AM
Calling Mahomes a gamble is like saying it's risky to stay when you have a 21

O.city
07-18-2018, 09:43 AM
I guess I'm one of the few who thinks the Chiefs defense could actually be pretty good this year

BleedingRed
07-18-2018, 09:44 AM
I guess I'm one of the few who thinks the Chiefs defense could actually be pretty good this year

I'm with you on this. I think we will have a top 10 Run defense and top 20 Pass defense.

I'm not looking for our secondary to been a stone wall... Just turn overs please.

O.city
07-18-2018, 09:47 AM
I'm with you on this. I think we will have a top 10 Run defense and top 20 Pass defense.

I'm not looking for our secondary to been a stone wall... Just turn overs please.

Yeah, they beefed the front 7 up a lot. With the hopeful improvement of Jones and company, I'm hopeful.

The secondary has a hole or two as of right now, we'll wait and see on the rookies.

loochy
07-18-2018, 09:50 AM

Because he is none other than THE SHOCKMASTER!

https://media.giphy.com/media/ZKNBCmoP5ItkA/giphy-downsized-large.gif
Posted via Mobile Device

jjchieffan
07-18-2018, 09:52 AM
Good read. Thanks for sharing.

staylor26
07-18-2018, 09:58 AM

I don’t know why more people don’t at least expect improvement from last year.

lcarus
07-18-2018, 10:05 AM
Yeah, they beefed the front 7 up a lot. With the hopeful improvement of Jones and company, I'm hopeful.

The secondary has a hole or two as of right now, we'll wait and see on the rookies.

When Chris Jones went out of that game last year in the playoffs, our defense almost immediately turned into a mountain of shit.

Hangin'WithMahomes
07-18-2018, 10:09 AM
Decent read...thanks

O.city
07-18-2018, 10:13 AM
When Chris Jones went out of that game last year in the playoffs, our defense almost immediately turned into a mountain of shit.

Very true.

But they've put some resources into the DL and LB crew this offseason.

O.city
07-18-2018, 10:13 AM

Exactly. I mean, can it get worse?

Reerun_KC
07-18-2018, 10:19 AM
Big gamble vs wasting the last few years?

I’ll take a gamble. We’ve wasted enough with Smith.

cooper barrett
07-18-2018, 10:31 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/2018-nfl-preview-chiefs-hope-big-gamble-patrick-mahomes-pays-off-130041503.html?__twitter_impression=true

Newest from Terez. Fap worthy.

The link went to Yahoo's Frank Schwab but was still a really good read.

Is Mahomes Andy's last surge for the Super Bowl before retiring to an all you can eat Hawaiian BBQ?

Simply Red
07-18-2018, 10:35 AM

no no - I do too, for sure!

BigRedChief
07-18-2018, 10:36 AM

Newest from Terez. Fap worthy.Haven't bought a Chiefs Jersey since I moved down here. 8 years. Got my Mahomes jersey delivered over the weekend. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)

BigRedChief
07-18-2018, 10:38 AM
The link went to Yahoo's Frank Schwab but was still a really good read.

Is Mahomes Andy's last surge for the Super Bowl before retiring to an all you can eat Hawaiian BBQ?Thats okay Andy can get him some Hawaiian BBQ if we win a SB. I'm sure we can all chip in and get him a lifetime supply.

JoeyChuckles
07-18-2018, 10:46 AM

Just for the record, I think you both are crazy. I hope you're right, but I don't see it.

TLO
07-18-2018, 10:55 AM
Haven't bought a Chiefs Jersey since I moved down here. 8 years. Got my Mahomes jersey delivered over the weekend. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]

My last jersey was bought for me in 2005 after Derrick Johnson was drafted. I'm seriously considering a Mahomes jersey myself.

Buckweath
07-18-2018, 10:56 AM
I have said before that I think this defense will be good. At least average. If Veach could add a good CB, I'd be ready to call it a potential top 10 defense.

The front 7 could use another good DL but it is pretty good as it is.

carcosa
07-18-2018, 11:08 AM
"It’s far from a guarantee Mahomes will be as good as Smith."

lol

RunKC
07-18-2018, 11:14 AM

Because we lost one of our biggest stars and are replacing them with younger players/non-first rd rookies + Eric Berry is coming back from a major injury.

Media won’t go for things unless they are more known.

pugsnotdrugs19
07-18-2018, 11:22 AM
I think at least in this first year, there may be a couple of bad games where he throws 3-4 picks. HOWEVER...

I don’t think there will be many weeks, if any, where the offense really struggles to score points or move the ball like we have saw in the past with Smith.

RealSNR
07-18-2018, 11:28 AM
Then last season the Chiefs blew a 21-3 lead and lost their playoff opener to the Tennessee Titans. It wasn’t Smith’s fault, but the Chiefs probably knew they had reached their ceiling with him.

Yes it was.

Ming the Merciless
07-18-2018, 11:31 AM
Big gamble vs wasting the last few years?

I’ll take a gamble. We’ve wasted enough with Smith.

this.

This has been my exact position from day one and continued to be my position until Alex left the building.

Fuck a safe 10 wins and early playoff bounce

Ming the Merciless
07-18-2018, 11:33 AM
Yes it was.

exactly

anyone not understanding that laying a turd and turning into a pussy in ther second half doesn't cost you games really has no business writing about football

thats a guy who doesnt want to hurt alex's feelings there

KChiefs1
07-18-2018, 11:49 AM
Big gamble?!?!?!?!?!?

MMXcalibur
07-18-2018, 12:00 PM
If Mahomes is as good as we've all been led to believe, this is going to be an awesome offense for the foreseeable future.

Stryker
07-18-2018, 12:00 PM
I think at least in this first year, there may be a couple of bad games where he throws 3-4 picks. HOWEVER...

I don’t think there will be many weeks, if any, where the offense really struggles to score points or move the ball like we have saw in the past with Smith.

I'm thinking Chargers, Steelers, 49ers, Jags and Patriots could be his toughest games. If he can do well in these games than we should be on a roll!

KChiefs1
07-18-2018, 12:03 PM
The Chiefs lost seven games last season, including playoffs. Only one of those losses was by more than seven points.

That was a 28-17 loss at the Dallas Cowboys, and the Chiefs led that game deep into the third quarter. The Chiefs lost six of seven games in a midseason lull, but a lot of bad luck was involved. Don’t forget that the Chiefs were considered Super Bowl favorites when they were 5-0. They had a great win at the Patriots, then beat the eventual champion Eagles, Chargers, Redskins and the Deshaun Watson-led Texans. The Chiefs have the potential to be one of the NFL’s best teams, as long as Patrick Mahomes plays well.

Very underrated information.

Otter
07-18-2018, 12:06 PM
Yes it was. Will you dickwads give it a fucking break? He's gone and so are his fanboise.</br></br>I think I speak for 99% of the board when I say STFU already. You asshats ruined enough conversations.</br></br>We get it.

Otter
07-18-2018, 12:08 PM
Mahomes is as safe a bet you can get with a 'rookie' QB. From physical tools, to mentality, to talent, to coaching, to the talent surrounding him. The guy has every reason in the world to succeed.

pugsnotdrugs19
07-18-2018, 12:58 PM
I'm thinking Chargers, Steelers, 49ers, Jags and Patriots could be his toughest games. If he can do well in these games than we should be on a roll!

I like that those games are early. Gives Andy a chance to throw a bunch of stuff at them before teams can get a real feel of what we’re going to be doing on offense each week. The ‘tape’ won’t be out quite yet, you might say.

Stryker
07-18-2018, 01:07 PM
I like that those games are early. Gives Andy a chance to throw a bunch of stuff at them before teams can get a real feel of what we’re going to be doing on offense each week. The ‘tape’ won’t be out quite yet, you might say.

Good point.

ptlyon
07-18-2018, 01:08 PM
Bombs to reek cannot be defended

Simply Red
07-18-2018, 01:15 PM
Nagy may be gone but he left a blueprint - one in which a decent football mind could replicate - plus IIRC he wasn't always 'brilliant' himself.

RealSNR
07-18-2018, 01:43 PM
Will you dickwads give it a fucking break? He's gone and so are his fanboise.</br></br>I think I speak for 99% of the board when I say STFU already. You asshats ruined enough conversations.</br></br>We get it.

I didn't bring up Alex. This author did. I'm criticizing the author's article.

So, no.

raybec 4
07-18-2018, 01:49 PM

If they can generate a pass rush, they have a shot to be decent. If they're as terrible as they were last year at rushing the passer it will be tough sledding.

BWillie
07-18-2018, 01:59 PM
I mean, it is a gamble. How many rookie QBs come out dominating right out of the gate? Mahomes could be Aaron Rodgers, or he could be Jay Cutler. We don't really know. Anyone that says they know, FOR SURE, is foolish. Personally I think it is a good gamble, because we know the peak of this team with Alex Smith. And it isn't a super bowl.

Best22
07-18-2018, 02:04 PM

Who are the 49ers?

:hmmm:

RaidersOftheCellar
07-18-2018, 02:28 PM
Nah, it's no gamble. It's possible they regress by a game or two this year but it's far more likely to be due to defense and schedule than Mahomes.

Let's quit pussyfooting around...we all expect 10+ wins and a decent playoff run. Next year (if they make the right moves) is SB or bust. Perennial contender for 10-15 years.

When Andy and Veach started swinging their dicks, that was our cue.

JakeF
07-18-2018, 02:28 PM
This what the fans have wanted for decades. Cross your fingers and hope Mahomes is as good as advertised.

Lzen
07-18-2018, 02:38 PM
Yes it was.

Exactly what I was thinking while reading that. It wasn't entirely Smith's fault, but it was partly.

RealSNR
07-18-2018, 03:05 PM
This is fucking stupid.

You know what a gamble is? Giving an expensive contract extension to your 34-year old QB (remember, he had one year left on his deal with us) with 2 concussions and some arm/shoulder injuries from early in his career. Oh, and did I mention a key part of his game is using his legs, which is a skill that can deteriorate fast as you get older, not to mention the fact that it could open you up to nasty hits more frequently?

And it's also a gamble to keep your "known" starting QB until he breaks down/retires and you have no back up plan in place, and instead you just keep your fingers crossed that a QB can fall to you in the draft.

We had to move on from Alex Smith pretty soon anyway. We didn't take a gamble. In fact, we did the OPPOSITE. We found the replacement we wanted, and we did it pretty cheaply. We did it WHEN we wanted, and we moved on from our previous starter on OUR terms, not whenever we HAD to move on due to the previous starter's age or physical condition.

The Chiefs handled the transition from Alex to Mahomes about as responsibly as any team in the NFL could possibly handle their own QB turnover, and they did it by planning ahead.

The entire NFL is a gamble. Every move you make is a gamble. But on a risk scale from 0-10 with 10 being as reckless as you could be and 1 being not risky at all, I'd rank the Chiefs around a 0.4.

Mecca
07-18-2018, 03:25 PM
I'm so tired of listening to some people I know tell me how Mahomes may not be any good and then turn around and defense fucking Case Keenum.

jjchieffan
07-18-2018, 04:40 PM
I'm so tired of listening to some people I know tell me how Mahomes may not be any good and then turn around and defense ****ing Case Keenum.

No kidding. Talk about a gamble. The guy had one good season when thrown in to the perfect situation. Dungver gave him $18 million a year and thinks that he's going to turn their shitty offense around. I would much rather bet on Pat Mahomes than on case Keesum any day.

BWillie
07-18-2018, 04:53 PM
I'm so tired of listening to some people I know tell me how Mahomes may not be any good and then turn around and defense ****ing Case Keenum.

Ricky Stanzi>Joe Montana>Nick Foles>Patrick Mahomes>Case Keenum>Damon Huard>Mark Castle>Brody Kroyles

Hammock Parties
07-18-2018, 06:08 PM
I'd rather gamble than bet on these sure things...

https://alchetron.com/cdn/steve-bono-b9d9162c-e1ed-4f0c-a16f-6d2a5aa5a5b-resize-750.jpeg

http://www.ncregister.com/images/editorial/Elvis_G_HY2000_201.jpg

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/matt-cassel-120516-wide.jpg

https://media.wusa9.com/assets/WUSA/images/572809328/572809328_750x422.png

Tombstone RJ
07-18-2018, 06:12 PM
This what the fans have wanted for decades. Cross your fingers and hope Mahomes is as good as fantasized.

fyp

RunKC
07-18-2018, 06:16 PM
fyp

Your team used a 1st and 3rd on a QB that has only scored 1 more career TD than Dontari Poe.

Mecca
07-18-2018, 06:19 PM
I'm just tired of defending the Chiefs and Mahomes to a friend of mine, today I was told the Chiefs will finish last.

rico
07-18-2018, 06:22 PM

Maybe, but even in those games we may see him throw 3-4 TD’s because the kid is going to use every fragment of his balls reciprocating his mistakes due to being the ultimate anti-pussy.

ptlyon
07-18-2018, 06:31 PM
Your team used a 1st and 3rd on a QB that has only scored 1 more career TD than Dontari Poe.

ROFL if true

New World Order
07-18-2018, 06:34 PM

LMAO

Epic burn

Tombstone RJ
07-18-2018, 07:01 PM

I'm not worried about the Broncos. I'm confident they will be better, maybe not a division winner, but I'm hoping for a possible wild card spot. As for KC, I'm simply saying that there's a lot of wishful thinking going on here. The poster I quoted says they wish Mahomes is as good as advertised. Who's advertising that Mahomes is the next Brett Favre? Are the Chiefs actually advertising that Mahomes is going to take the Chiefs to the SB in year one?

That's why I did the "fyp" because the Chiefs organization is not advertising Mahomes as the next Aaron Rogers. So where is this "advertising" coming from? It's coming from posters here who are fantasizing that Mahomes will be greater than the greatest QBs to have strapped on a KC helmet, amirite?

Hammock Parties
07-18-2018, 07:03 PM
I'm not worried about the Broncos. I'm confident they will be better, maybe not a division winner, but I'm hoping for a possible wild card spot. As for KC, I'm simply saying that there's a lot of wishful thinking going on here. The poster I quoted says they wish Mahomes is as good as advertised. Who's advertising that Mahomes is the next Brett Favre? Are the Chiefs actually advertising that Mahomes is going to take the Chiefs to the SB in year one?

That's why I did the "fyp" because the Chiefs organization is not advertising Mahomes as the next Aaron Rogers. So where is this "advertising" coming from? It's coming from posters here who are fantasizing that Mahomes will be greater than the greatest QBs to have strapped on a KC helmet, amirite?

Mahomes already has the keys to your place.

You can have them back when he's done fucking your mothers next year.

Tombstone RJ
07-18-2018, 07:04 PM
Mahomes already has the keys to your place.

You can have them back when he's done ****ing your mothers next year.

:clap:

pugsnotdrugs19
07-18-2018, 07:16 PM

Our GM literally called him one of the best players he’s ever seen in February. Andy Reid said that he felt like the offense could score on every possession against Denver that Mahomes was out there.

"I went into that game feeling like we could score anytime," Reid told "The Around the NFL Podcast" last month at the Annual League Meeting in Orlando, Florida. "Once I got into the game, I felt the same thing."

In a game where Mahomes’ best weapon was Albert fucking Wilson.

Tribal Warfare
07-18-2018, 07:31 PM
Our GM literally called him one of the best players he’s ever seen in February. Andy Reid said that he felt like the offense could score on every possession against Denver that Mahomes was out there.

In a game where Mahomes’ best weapon was Albert fucking Wilson.

Mahomes got Wilson paid

Chiefaholic
07-18-2018, 07:48 PM

I don't think anybody realistically expects Mahomes to lead the Chiefs to the SB in year 1. He's going to make a few "what the **** were you thinking?" plays, followed up with "Did you see that ******* throw! Holy CRAP, we finally have a franchise QB". My realistic expectations for year 1 in KC is a top 10 QB in the league. But, long term, he has all the physical and mental attributes and multiple offensive weapons to be a top 3 EASILY.

And I'm not comparing him to this guy or that guy. I have this gut feeling that teams on draft day will be comparing picks to Mahomes in the future. He was raised in the perfect setting with a father who was a long term professional athlete, so the pressure of being in the NFL shouldn't be a big deal. In college, his defense was TERRIBLE, yet he never folded and played outstanding under pressure. Mahomes isn't going to be a good QB in the NFL, he's going to be an ELITE QB for a decade or longer.

stevieray
07-18-2018, 08:01 PM
Mahomes got Wilson paid

Wilson got Wilson paid.

Made a bunch of clutch catches and plays last year.

Easy 6
07-18-2018, 08:03 PM
He gets the Favre comparisons, he gets the Rodgers comparisons and thats fine... but I'd bet big money that Mahomes development in the pro game faaaaaar exceeds where either of those two were in their second years

Pat is that guy, he is going to exceed expectations from day 1

We'll lose a swashbuckling few... but we'll win more

Pablo
07-18-2018, 08:08 PM
Pat is gonna swing his monster dick all over the league for a decade plus. Gamble my ass. We're sitting on a goddamn goldmine and we're taking it to the bank.

KCTitus
07-18-2018, 08:09 PM
I'm looking forward to the gamble...

I mean its the first time since Carl drafted Todd Blackledge...and we all know how bad Carl sucked.

stevieray
07-18-2018, 08:12 PM

I mean its the first time since Carl drafted Todd Blackledge...and we all know how bad Carl sucked.

I have cautious optimism.

Not Because of PM, but because Chiefs.

I'm pretty much snake bit at this point..

:(

tk13
07-18-2018, 08:27 PM

That might be my biggest fear. Everyone is so confident he's going to be great. I think he will be too, he has all the talent in the world, but the Chiefs have certainly squandered talent before. I've never seen everyone so confident in something. Things never turn out like you think they will, and there are always bumps in the road. Especially with the Chiefs.

Tribal Warfare
07-18-2018, 08:36 PM
Wilson got Wilson paid.

Made a bunch of clutch catches and plays last year.

Sure, alligator arms was clutch

stevieray
07-18-2018, 08:41 PM
Sure, alligator arms was clutch

:rolleyes:

PAID.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-18-2018, 08:41 PM
That might be my biggest fear. Everyone is so confident he's going to be great. I think he will be too, he has all the talent in the world, but the Chiefs have certainly squandered talent before. I've never seen everyone so confident in something. Things never turn out like you think they will, and there are always bumps in the road. Especially with the Chiefs.

He's going to earn his stripes this year. Our AFCW opponent are all loaded with pass rushers and we get the Rams and Jags with elite secondarys. Everybody has the fucking Chargers going to the SB,LOL. So he gets tested right away.

stevieray
07-18-2018, 08:42 PM

Exactly.

BWillie
07-18-2018, 08:42 PM
I'm convinced that Kermit the Frog is Patrick Mahomes. Listen to their voices. I swear to god, same guy.

Tribal Warfare
07-18-2018, 08:43 PM
:rolleyes:

PAID.

Yep, PMII Effect

If you remember the Alex Only Fans were complaining about his drops in last season's playoff game.

Red Dawg
07-18-2018, 08:44 PM
We will take a few lumps while Mahomes learns but in 19 he light up big. This kid is going to be the effing man.

stevieray
07-18-2018, 08:45 PM
Yep, PMII Effect

Just stop dude.

He barely played.

carcosa
07-18-2018, 09:19 PM
This is fucking stupid.

You know what a gamble is? Giving an expensive contract extension to your 34-year old QB (remember, he had one year left on his deal with us) with 2 concussions and some arm/shoulder injuries from early in his career. Oh, and did I mention a key part of his game is using his legs, which is a skill that can deteriorate fast as you get older, not to mention the fact that it could open you up to nasty hits more frequently?

And it's also a gamble to keep your "known" starting QB until he breaks down/retires and you have no back up plan in place, and instead you just keep your fingers crossed that a QB can fall to you in the draft.

We had to move on from Alex Smith pretty soon anyway. We didn't take a gamble. In fact, we did the OPPOSITE. We found the replacement we wanted, and we did it pretty cheaply. We did it WHEN we wanted, and we moved on from our previous starter on OUR terms, not whenever we HAD to move on due to the previous starter's age or physical condition.

The Chiefs handled the transition from Alex to Mahomes about as responsibly as any team in the NFL could possibly handle their own QB turnover, and they did it by planning ahead.

The entire NFL is a gamble. Every move you make is a gamble. But on a risk scale from 0-10 with 10 being as reckless as you could be and 1 being not risky at all, I'd rank the Chiefs around a 0.4.

YASSSSS go off kween!!!!!

Skyy God
07-18-2018, 09:26 PM

Carl became GM a full 5 years after the 1984 QB debacle.

NJChiefsFan
07-19-2018, 05:15 AM

That's the funny thing about this. I always have this feeling. I'm a pessimistic sports fan in general, but certainly with the Chiefs. I just don't have that feeling with Mahomes. All the right people are saying all the right things. His head is in the exact right space all the time, and what he has shown us has looked fantastic.

Yes it is KC and we all know what that phrase really, truly means, but this feels different. It looks different. We shall see.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
07-19-2018, 07:17 AM
Anybody that watched Pat come in and lead the Chiefs to victory after Tyler Bray showcased his talent shouldn't have any doubts about his leadership abilities. This kid is so full of confidence and can raise the level of play of his teammates. The sky is the limit when you combine his talent with his desire to be the best.

KChiefs1
07-19-2018, 08:20 AM
I'm just tired of defending the Chiefs and Mahomes to a friend of mine, today I was told the Chiefs will finish last.

Laugh at him in December.

Coogs
07-19-2018, 08:21 AM

The Chiefs are actually hyping Mahomes. Both Veach and Reid have in fact. And the bar is not that high on greatest KC QB. Yes, Dawson is in the HOF, but when you talk about great QB's, Dawson is really not in the conversation. He happened to be the QB of a great team, not a QB who carried the team.

jjchieffan
07-19-2018, 08:26 AM
Laugh at him in December.

I'd rather laugh at him in January........or February. The only one that can laugh in December would be the ones expecting Mahomes to fail. If we don't win in the playoffs, we have nothing to laugh at them for. Alex Smith, Matt Cassel, Elvis Grbac, etc... won regular season games. Mahomes is going to be winning in the postseason.

Lzen
07-19-2018, 08:41 AM
Carl became GM a full 5 years after the 1984 QB debacle.

KCTitus knows that. This is kind of a long-running joke around here. I think it may have started with some idiot blaming Carl Peterson for drafting (may have been Blackledge or maybe someone else) a player before he was ever GM. This was back in the day when he was still the GM. Of course, CP ran with it. ;)

Gravedigger
07-19-2018, 08:48 AM
In other news, so does every team who drafts a player.

KChiefs1
07-19-2018, 09:42 AM
I'd rather laugh at him in January........or February. The only one that can laugh in December would be the ones expecting Mahomes to fail. If we don't win in the playoffs, we have nothing to laugh at them for. Alex Smith, Matt Cassel, Elvis Grbac, etc... won regular season games. Mahomes is going to be winning in the postseason.

Chiefs win the Super Bowl this season.

The script is too good for the NFL.

I see this year’s team like I saw the 1968-69 teams. They had drafted defense in the draft to build up an aging defense. They comparisons are striking. I’m not saying these guys are the same but experience-wise it’s similar.

Chris Jones = Buck Buchanan
Eric Berry = Johnny Robinson
Justin Houston = Bobby Bell
Kendall Fuller = Emmitt Thomas

Additions were Lanier, Lynch, Culp, Brown & Marsalis.

I know everyone will give me shit for the comparison but I can see similarities.

Even offensively there are comparisons...Robert Holmes was a rookie in 1968. Lenny was the passing leader in 1968 but missed a good portion of 1969 when rookie Mike Livingston filled in.

Mahomes is the difference.

I know I’m dreaming but let this old man dream.

1968 highlights: nice quality
https://youtu.be/NpX7LJwxx8I

1969 highlights: low quality
https://youtu.be/ziGUDbn9TDg