PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Gladiator 2018 - Round 1, Match 28 - colt459 versus kysirsoze

Rain Man
07-20-2018, 01:24 PM
Vote for the person that you think would win this match in a battle to death or submission. As background, assume that prior to the tournament you received 10 minutes of training on every weapon. The time listed is the amount of time before the match where you learn what the weaponry and venue is. All participants are handed their weapons at t=0 unless stated otherwise.

Venue - Classic large yard with occasional trees
Starting Distance - 28 feet

colt459

Main Weapon - Pirate cutlass
Backup Weapon - None

Prep Time - 17 seconds
Special Factors - You start out with a cloth bag over your entire head that will take you 60 seconds to remove from time t=0.

kysirsoze

Main Weapon - Police baton
Backup Weapon - The thigh bone of a large ape

Prep Time - 5 Minutes
Special Factors - None

luv
07-20-2018, 01:34 PM
Four left, and I've not gone yet. The suspense is killing me!

Oh, and sorry for the dude with the bag over his head.

Beef Supreme
07-20-2018, 01:36 PM
BONE OF A LARGE APE!

Rain Man
07-20-2018, 01:50 PM
Four left, and I've not gone yet. The suspense is killing me!

Oh, and sorry for the dude with the bag over his head.

I posted the schedule somewhere a few matches ago, and you're in the last match of Round 1. It's your responsibility to end Round 1 with a flourish.

luv
07-20-2018, 01:54 PM
I posted the schedule somewhere a few matches ago, and you're in the last match of Round 1. It's your responsibility to end Round 1 with a flourish.

You're killing me, Smalls!

Sorce
07-20-2018, 01:56 PM
Assuming the average human can run 10 mph, that is 14.6667 feet per second. More than enough time to close that distance and bash his head with ape bone or the baton.

Buehler445
07-20-2018, 01:59 PM
Baton. Club the cloth bag. Ballgame.

Rain Man
07-20-2018, 02:01 PM
The question in my mind was whether colt459 could withstand about 58 seconds of a police beating. It seems like it's possible. Just curl up and hang onto your cutlass for dear life. Once you get the bag off, you've got a big advantage.

I wonder if the proper strategy would be to curl up, or to swing wildly with the cutlass. But I presume that you stand a better chance of losing the cutlass if you're swinging it blindly.

digger
07-20-2018, 02:12 PM
swing wildly with the cutlass, sword beats club.
http://www.strongblade.com/prod/prodimages/sbif-piratecutlass1_m.jpg

TLO
07-20-2018, 02:14 PM
The question in my mind was whether colt459 could withstand about 58 seconds of a police beating. It seems like it's possible. Just curl up and hang onto your cutlass for dear life. Once you get the bag off, you've got a big advantage.

I wonder if the proper strategy would be to curl up, or to swing wildly with the cutlass. But I presume that you stand a better chance of losing the cutlass if you're swinging it blindly.

I'd probably try and listen the best I could to kysirsoze's approach, then start swinging wildly.

I'm not sure how thigh bone of a large ape made it into the weapons pool, but it really gives me a chuckle. LMAO

luv
07-20-2018, 02:14 PM
swing wildly with the cutlass, sword beats club.
http://www.strongblade.com/prod/prodimages/sbif-piratecutlass1_m.jpg

But the person with the club can see him swinging, dodge him, hit the sword out of his hands and beat him in the head. Or her could not waste time and just get a good first blow to the head.

TLO
07-20-2018, 02:16 PM
Assuming the average human can run 10 mph, that is 14.6667 feet per second. More than enough time to close that distance and bash his head with ape bone or the baton.

If he's running at 10mph he's going to be making a lot of noise. I think that's a big factor here.

TLO
07-20-2018, 02:17 PM
I hope in my draw my primary weapon is thigh bone from a large ape and my secondary weapon is thigh bone from a small ape.

MarkDavis'Haircut
07-20-2018, 02:34 PM
Can't he cut the cloth bag off?

digger
07-20-2018, 02:42 PM
But the person with the club can see him swinging, dodge him, hit the sword out of his hands and beat him in the head. Or her could not waste time and just get a good first blow to the head.
That's a bit of a leap. He would have to get very close to do this in 60 sec.

Chiefs4TheWin
07-20-2018, 03:13 PM
Can't he cut the cloth bag off?

Yeah that's where I was thinking as well.

Otter
07-20-2018, 03:52 PM
Is the thigh bone a one-handed or two-handed weapon?

Bwana
07-20-2018, 03:54 PM
Is the thigh bone a one-handed or two-handed weapon?

It depends, how big a boy are ya? :D

Otter
07-20-2018, 04:09 PM
It depends, how big a boy are ya? :D

Since this is Chiefsplanet I'm going to have to assume one-handed.

Bwana
07-20-2018, 04:12 PM
Since this is Chiefsplanet I'm going to have to assume one-handed.

Damn right! ROFL

Rain Man
07-20-2018, 04:18 PM
It appears that one hand is sufficient.

http://anajosefasilva.cl/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/2001-odisea-del-espacio.jpg

wazu
07-20-2018, 04:28 PM

There’s no way. A full minute getting his head smashed in. Even if he’s not dead yet he certainly won’t be fighting back. That bag factor in s close range fight makes this completely unwinnable for Colt.

Rain Man
07-20-2018, 04:52 PM
There’s no way. A full minute getting his head smashed in. Even if he’s not dead yet he certainly won’t be fighting back. That bag factor in s close range fight makes this completely unwinnable for Colt.

I've never been hit with a police baton (not yet, anyway), so I don't know how incapacitating they are. They seem rather small, but clearly they must be effective as weapons. However, they seem more of a bludgeon-type weapon to me if you want to really take someone out, as opposed to striking someone with them, and I'm not sure kysirsoze can bludgeon if colt459 has a pirate cutlass.

But then again, what do I know? Maybe one of the Raiders fans who regularly gets hit with batons can weigh in.

kysirsoze
07-20-2018, 05:04 PM
I'm almost disappointed at how easy this one is. No contest at all.

Rain Man
07-20-2018, 06:47 PM
I'm almost disappointed at how easy this one is. No contest at all.

It's in your power to make it more sporting. Maybe you can wait 58 seconds or something.

kysirsoze
07-20-2018, 08:50 PM
It's in your power to make it more sporting. Maybe you can wait 58 seconds or something.

I said I'm ALMOST disappointed.

Rain Man
07-22-2018, 02:45 PM
kysirsoze opts to not entertain the crowd and presses his attack immediately, which earns him a Round 2 win but costs him some advertising sponsors.