PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Baker Mayfield drives the bus...er...RV

MahiMike
07-28-2018, 03:33 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/28/baker-mayfield-follows-drew-stantons-order-provides-an-rv-as-a-respite-from-camp/

Just posting this cause the comments made me laugh so hard.

Atlanta
Carolina
Chicago
Dallas
Detroit
Green Bay
LA Rams
Minnesota
New Orleans
NY Giants
Philadelphia
San Francisco
Seattle
Tampa Bay
Washington
Rotoworld
About
Contact
Feeds
Advertising
Privacy Policy

Cleveland Browns Twitter
Rookies have had to do all sorts of things through the years, paying a price for being a rookie. They pay for meals for their teammates, bring donuts to the morning meeting, carry shoulder pads or helmets for the veterans at their position or (usually) whatever else is asked of them.

Baker Mayfield had a different kind of rookie hazing: Drew Stanton asked (ordered?) the No. 1 overall pick to bring an RV to minicamp and training camp.

The Sunseeker motorhome is parked outside the Browns’ fieldhouse.

“The RV started back in the spring when we had the rules committee for Baker on Day 1, and one of them was he needed to get an RV,” Stanton said Saturday, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “It was idea that Shaun Hill implemented with Matthew Stafford when we were in Detroit. We did training camp at the facility. It’s parked in the back.

“It’s just someplace that you can go. You can get out of these four walls that start to close in on you after a period of time. There’s no secret meetings or anything going on. It’s not like excluding anybody. Everybody’s welcome. It’s just a place to go unwind, get away from here for the time period that we have off and just nothing more, nothing less.”

Stanton was asked who was paying for the home-away-from-home RV.

“I think you know the answer to that question,” Stanton said. “It’s not funded by anybody. If it is, you’ll have to ask Baker. I don’t know who it is. All I know is it’s parked outside, and it’s for whoever on offense wants to go in. Maybe defense, we’ll see.”

Share this:
3Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)3Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Permalink 17 Comments Feed for comments
by Taboola Sponsored Links You May Like
The Reading Habits Of Highly Successful People
Blinkist
These Twins Were Named "Most Beautiful In The World," Wait Till You See Them Today
Give It Love
This Photo Has Not Been Edited, Look Closer At The Hole
HistoryInOrbit.com
His Teammates Are Terrified To Practice Against Him
TieBreaker
17 responses to “Baker Mayfield follows Drew Stanton’s order, provides RV as a respite from camp”
700levelvet says:
July 28, 2018 at 2:02 pm
Is cousin Eddie the driver?

77 3 Rate This
jdphx says:
July 28, 2018 at 2:31 pm
How long until someone is offended, in today’s society of butthurt?

67 41 Rate This
BuckyBadger says:
July 28, 2018 at 2:34 pm
Could probably get sponsor to take care of the cost.

49 4 Rate This
patsfan4lifesbchamps says:
July 28, 2018 at 2:55 pm
Who is Drew Stanton to give orders?

53 34 Rate This
edon8334 says:
July 28, 2018 at 2:57 pm
patsfan4lifesbchamps says:
July 28, 2018 at 2:55 pm

Who is Drew Stanton to give orders?

————-

A veteran. do you know what that is??

72 18 Rate This
purpleguy says:
July 28, 2018 at 3:01 pm
I’m with Patsfan guy – the most interesting part of this article is that people apparently listen to Drew Stanton.

54 12 Rate This
mrbiggstuff says:
July 28, 2018 at 3:02 pm
Losing franchises focus on menial things like rookie hazing. Meanwhile winning franchises focus on ways to incorporate their rookies as quickly as possible.

28 35 Rate This
thegreatgabbert says:
July 28, 2018 at 3:05 pm
The home he bought for his Mom isn’t quite that big, but it’s situated in a nice RV park.

14 14 Rate This
allinstackme says:
July 28, 2018 at 3:11 pm
What, that? That there’s an rv. But don’t you go falling in love with it. It’s going with us when we leave next month.

29 4 Rate This
sheetolay says:
July 28, 2018 at 3:13 pm
By week 5 Hue will be living in it.

51 8 Rate This
thefiesty1 says:
July 28, 2018 at 3:46 pm
You know the RV dealer is more than happy for the publicity. Baker can afford it though. It’s not like any of the players are going to be living in an RV park. Not a good investment by the dealer.

1 7 Rate This
benwaballs11 says:
July 28, 2018 at 3:47 pm
I am 34 years old, thrice released, and I live in a van behind Browns training camp!!!!

24 6 Rate This
arzcardinals says:
July 28, 2018 at 4:13 pm
As a Cardinals fan who watched Drew Stanton, he shouldn’t be requesting a pack of M&M’s. Drew was no better than Josh McCown. While he was serviceable as a backup QB, but as a starter no thanks. Good luck if he ever starts.

4 10 Rate This
akira554 says:
July 28, 2018 at 4:20 pm
mrbiggstuff says: “Losing franchises focus on menial things like rookie hazing. Meanwhile winning franchises focus on ways to incorporate their rookies as quickly as possible.”
=============================

New England Patriots, the winningest franchise in the last 20 years, always had rookie hazing. For example, Lawrence Maroney chose to shave his eyebrows instead of his dreads.

10 4 Rate This
Adam Kachur says:
brownstains are toast this season. 0-16. GO STEELERS!!! HOORAH!!!

1 26 Rate This
Adam Kachur says:
brownstains are toast this season. 0-16. GO STEELERS!!! HOORAH!!!

1 23 Rate This
thepftpoetinreverse says:
July 28, 2018 at 4:52 pm
sheetolay says:
July 28, 2018 at 3:13 pm
By week 5 Hue will be living in it.

6 2 Rate This

In58men
07-28-2018, 04:05 PM
We really need the season to begin already.

TLO
07-28-2018, 04:11 PM
We really need the season to begin already.

Yes.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
07-28-2018, 04:12 PM
The Viking party boat's left over hoes & blow

Rain Man
07-28-2018, 04:36 PM
Drew Stanton chose an RV because it's also lousy at backing up.

NJChiefsFan
07-28-2018, 06:27 PM

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnnaturalAchingKodiakbear-max-1mb.gif

oldman
07-29-2018, 09:04 AM

ROFLROFLROFLROFL