PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request Well, this is depressing, another emergency surgery Friday!

ROYC75
08-01-2018, 08:48 PM
Crap gang, currently back in the hospital when it wasn't planned. I had an appointment next week to see how the knee was doing to set the date for the replacement.

But Tuesday afternoon my left knee got to hurting really bad and swelled up. Two months ago, I had to have the right knee taken out due to an infection. Now as they drew 5 1/2 tubes of fluid from my knee, I was able to see the cloudiness. I knew it didn't look good and it was hurting like Hell!

So instead of getting a new within a month, I'm right back in to getting the left knee taken out, insert a spacer and then another 6 weeks of IV antibiotics. What does a guy have to do to catch a break? I have been trying to get my rotatory cuff injuries done since August 2017, when the wife was showing signs of her illness progression. It has been a rough 8 months.

So come Friday, all plans on hold again and under the knife I go.

The infectious disease doctor said this is very rare, but it points to the fact that both knees back in June had the germ that causes this infection in the blood at the same time. That the right knee progressed faster than the left did at producing fluid on the knee of which gets absorbed through the blood system while the left was not at that stage yet.

Gloom, despair, and agony on me. Deep, dark depression, excessive misery. If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. Gloom, despair, and agony on me.

threebag
08-01-2018, 09:08 PM
Damn, hope you catch a break soon. Good thoughts and hope you have a good recovery.

LiveSteam
08-01-2018, 09:12 PM
Prayers and God's speed dude

Buehler445
08-01-2018, 09:12 PM
Keep your head up man. It’s better than the alternative.

EPodolak
08-01-2018, 09:37 PM
Man. It's a hell of a lot, you must be pretty disoriented by everything happening in your life recently. My best wishes to you.

IA_Chiefs_fan
08-01-2018, 09:44 PM
You're a good dude and I'm very sorry you're dealing with all that.

IA_Chiefs_fan
08-01-2018, 09:48 PM
Completely serious question, is there anything I can do?

ROYC75
08-01-2018, 10:21 PM
Completely serious question, is there anything I can do?

No sir and Thank You Very Much ! We caught this one very early, so treating MRSA early is far better than the sepsis and then septic shock like last time.

Just another 7 - 8 weeks of laying around!

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-01-2018, 10:30 PM
Osteomyelitis, Roy?

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-01-2018, 10:30 PM
Jesus Christ man. Between me and my wife the past two months and what we've been through you make me feel like I've got it good. You have a great attitude about it . that's good. Hang in there , you got bunches of people thinking of you and sending prayers up.

Nobody deserves what you're going through, especially you.

IA_Chiefs_fan
08-01-2018, 10:32 PM
No sir and Thank You Very Much ! We caught this one very early, so treating MRSA early is far better than the sepsis and then septic shock like last time.

Just another 7 - 8 weeks of laying around!

Well if anything changes, let me know what you need, brother. I mean it.

Titty Meat
08-02-2018, 12:02 AM
Roy I know our circumstances are entirely different but when I was hospitalized with an infection I was told it ver easily could come back. It did but thankfully I didnt need surgery by the grace of god I am blessed. Your in good hands my brother the doctors caught it and you have your wonderful wife up above taking care of this. You got this buddy hang in there.

booger
08-02-2018, 12:13 AM
Just completely unbelievable what you have been through man. Very sorry to hear this and don’t know what to say. Your faith is very strong! Will be praying for you and your family

eDave
08-02-2018, 02:17 AM
Well if anything changes, let me know what you need, brother. I mean it.

Some great stuff here.

Some real cocksuckers here but in the end, all good dudes.

3rd&Long
08-02-2018, 05:17 AM
It's said that if you live long enough, you're going to face some rainy days. It sounds like you're living through a hurricane! Best wishes on your recovery and I do wish you well.

Chiefs=Champions
08-02-2018, 05:19 AM
Sorry to hear that. Hang in there!

Marcellus
08-02-2018, 05:47 AM
Hang tough man!

BigRedChief
08-02-2018, 06:05 AM
Positive thoughts heading your way.

tmax63
08-02-2018, 06:37 AM
Good luck in your battle and I may be the only one to know where you got your last line from.

displacedinMN
08-02-2018, 06:38 AM
Stay strong. Hope it all works out.

Gloom, despair, and agony on me. Deep, dark depression, excessive misery. If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. Gloom, despair, and agony on me.
How many people under 40 know this line?

ptlyon
08-02-2018, 06:42 AM
God dammit. Good luck Roy.

Edit: I do, but not under 40