PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Which teams will you be keeping an eye on this year

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-02-2018, 03:52 PM
other than the Chiefs of course.

For me:

1) Cleveland, because we all deep down inside want to see how Veach compares to Dorsey. Right. And right now it looks like Cleveland is at least an 8-8 team. Dorseys puttin it together quickly.

2) Rams, because I want to see Peters make stupid selfish penalties and cost them games. That and their defense in general should be a shut down D. Maybe Talib pulls a gun on Peters. Never know.

3) Broncos. Because Elway sucks! And it will be interesting to see if Zika virus spreads from Bolles throughout the team.

4) Chargers, They have talent, can they play from wheelchairs?

5) Bears, I liked Nagy, lets see if he uses what he learned from Reid.

6) Eagles, Carson Wentz is going to be a 10 time probowler.

Who else will be interesting ??

ptlyon
08-02-2018, 03:54 PM
CHEUFS!

Tribal Warfare
08-02-2018, 03:54 PM
Green Bay, because that's most of my family's favorite NFL team.

Shoes
08-02-2018, 04:02 PM
Browns- interested to see if they've finally made some moves to make them relevant again. Mayfield is also a polarizing figure and I am interested to see how he progresses.

Bears- Nagy connection, I'm not a true believer in Trubisky yet so I am intrigued to see if he can take a step forward now that he has a better supporting cast.

Redskins- Alex Smith obviously, I don't wish him any ill will and honestly I hope he has the same success in Washington as he did here. But that same success would mean 10-6 purgatory, good enough to make the playoffs but not good enough to win a championship.

Bills- Bills mafia is maybe my favorite fan base beside the Chiefs. The Bills passed on Mahomes to trade down with us (thank god), and this year they had to trade up themselves to land Josh Allen. Interested to see how they fare this season.

Simply Red
08-02-2018, 04:09 PM
other than the Chiefs of course.

For me:

1) Cleveland, because we all deep down inside want to see how Veach compares to Dorsey. Right. And right now it looks like Cleveland is at least an 8-8 team. Dorseys puttin it together quickly.

2) Rams, because I want to see Peters make stupid selfish penalties and cost them games. That and their defense in general should be a shut down D. Maybe Talib pulls a gun on Peters. Never know.

3) Broncos. Because Elway sucks! And it will be interesting to see if Zika virus spreads from Bolles throughout the team.

4) Chargers, They have talent, can they play from wheelchairs?

5) Bears, I liked Nagy, lets see if he uses what he learned from Reid.

6) Eagles, Carson Wentz is going to be a 10 time probowler.

Who else will be interesting ??

Good post here - I'd mirror this and add the Falcons by default - for living here and having plenty of Falcon fan friends.

MarkDavis'Haircut
08-02-2018, 04:18 PM
Raiders

Easy 6
08-02-2018, 04:43 PM
The Browns for sure, been rooting for them for years and they just might start looking like a pro football team this year

The Rams, their big money and even bigger egos experiment will be very interesting to watch unfold... I sense an implosion but we'll see

The Bears could start looking sexy again for the first time in forever, I'm rooting for our transplants up there... they have some very interesting pieces in place

I'm also hoping CPs favorite punching bag, Philip Gaines, does well up in Buffalo

Monkey God
08-02-2018, 04:57 PM
Jax - was last year a fluke? That defense is very good and will the offense get any better.

Cleveland - For the reasons listed above.

Philly- What happens if Wentz has a slow/poor start of the season?

Deberg_1990
08-02-2018, 05:06 PM
Houston.....Should the Chiefs have drafted Watson over Mahomes?

The Franchise
08-02-2018, 05:14 PM
Same as it is every year. I'll pay attention to the players I have on my fantasy team and not really anything else.

Otter
08-02-2018, 05:15 PM
Giants - Saquon Barkley

Rams - want to see how their defense performs

Steelers - after the head hunting, refs calling penalties until they scored a TD, and knocking out Travis by head hunting I honestly despise them worse than the Raiders. I want bad things to happen to them.

scho63
08-02-2018, 05:16 PM
What am I watching for??? You asked you got it!!!!

1. Want to see Cowboys still suck after my entire youth of them winning and having to listen to all my friends shit for 25 years.

2. Steelers fade along with Rapisberger

3. Colts never see the playoffs again in my lifetime!

4. Denver and John Elway become the laughing stock and next Jerry Jones if the NFL

5. Baltimore Ravens and Joe Flacco suck forever.

6. Oakland Raiders just continue to be the Raiders.

7. Phyllis Rivers of the Chargers crying on prime time TV and then announcing he is done halfway through this season

8. Tom Brady and Bill Bellicheck with the Patriots get caught with stolen game films of other teams and banned for 2 years before the start of the season, ending their careers.

That's pretty much it!

carcosa
08-02-2018, 05:17 PM
Chaurefs

ChiliConCarnage
08-02-2018, 05:27 PM
Sorta interested to see if sticking with bortles works out for the jags

wheeler08
08-02-2018, 05:30 PM
Bears. Moved to Northwest Indiana, which is basically south Chicago, from southern Indiana. So glad that the bears are the local team now and not the damn Colts!!!
I watched a couple bears games last year and they seemed close to being decent. Now they’ve really made some roster improvements. Was always a big Urlacher fan, and this Smith guy is supposed to be the next Urlacher, if he will just sign his damn contract
Going to the Bears-Chiefs 3rd preseason game, 4th row on 40 yard line on chiefs sideline. Hoping to get a close view of The Prince That was Promised!!

wheeler08
08-02-2018, 05:31 PM
Sorta interested to see if sticking with bortles works out for the jags

I hope he ruins them!! They were the most obvious team that should have traded for Smiff

Rain Man
08-02-2018, 07:32 PM
The Browns for the same reasons others have mentioned. I think it would be cool to join an 0-16 team and build them up to a contender. I hope it happens for Cleveland, in part because I dislike all of the other teams in that division.

It'll be fun to watch the Broncos get blasted by every team, and see Elway drinking up in the booth.

Sandy Vagina
08-02-2018, 07:43 PM
https://www.drafttek.com/images/niners_logoslice.jpg

https://www.drafttek.com/images/Redskins_logoslice.jpg

https://www.drafttek.com/images/chiefs_logoslice.jpg

busy, busy, busy! :)

CoMoChief
08-02-2018, 07:51 PM
All AFCW teams, I think across the board each team is fairly competitive. Each team has their own issues but there's not really any team that "sucks". 3 of the 4 teams have a shot at winning the division, with DEN being the exception, but Denver could win 7-8 games, which isn't terrible, its just not playoff worthy. This season is probably the most competitive the AFCW has been in a while.

Non-AFCW teams? Cleveland maybe...perhaps one of the AFCS teams...that division will be the one to watch all yr.. should be very competitive, especially if Luck can stay healthy and ball out again. Supposedly he's healthy now, which is bad news for rest of the division. TEN has our number, Houston will be good if Watson can continue to improve, and of course Jags are the team to beat. They're probably the best division in football.

NFC teams? Bears.

They're my #2 team if I were to have one, have family ties, grandmother has season tix since the 50's, knows the Halas fam. Been to a shit load of games at Soldier Field. Before the renovation, we used to sit next to the Beluschi fam. Never met John, as I was too young, met Jim a few times. Nice guy.

banecat
08-03-2018, 02:38 AM
For the most part just the usual. Packers and Chiefs are my two favorite teams, and so I'd like to see them both do well. And for Minnesota and Denver to both be awful. I also like the Browns, and so it would be nice to see them just win a game to start with. I'd love to see New England somehow not make the playoffs for once. And the Steelers, Ravens, and Cowboys all not making the playoffs would be really nice too

I'm interested in seeing if Watson can do as well as he was doing before he ended up getting injured last season. This feels a lot like making a list for Santa

PunkinDrublic
08-03-2018, 03:19 AM
The Cowgirls. Always the most entertaining off the field team in the league. Love seeing Jerry and that fraud of an organization fall apart every season. Love following their arrests off the field and watching Jerry being exposed as the hypocritical piece of shit he is.

Nickhead
08-03-2018, 03:38 AM
WHAT IS: DUH!!! ITS THE REDSKINS, ALEX :D

Why Not?
08-03-2018, 05:54 AM
From an emotional perspective?

Chiefs
Cardinals

From a gambling and fantasy perspective?

The rest of them.

SuperBowl4
08-03-2018, 06:55 AM
Indiana University and Cal

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-03-2018, 07:45 AM
The Browns for the same reasons others have mentioned. I think it would be cool to join an 0-16 team and build them up to a contender. I hope it happens for Cleveland, in part because I dislike all of the other teams in that division.

It'll be fun to watch the Broncos get blasted by every team, and see Elway drinking up in the booth.

Excellent post

Hydrae
08-03-2018, 07:55 AM
Living in Texas I kind of follow the Texans as a second team. I am just waiting for the meltdown when Watson is not as good as all the hype. He will be decent for them but not much more in my opinion.

Chazno
08-03-2018, 10:58 AM
The ones with my fantasy players.... I'll update after the draft.

stumppy
08-03-2018, 11:02 AM
I'll be keeping my eye on the Chiefs, my foot will be kept on the throat of the faiders, dolts, and doncos.

KC_Lee
08-03-2018, 11:24 AM
Watching the Titans to see if yet another attempt to create the "Patriot Way" decimates another franchise.

Simplicity
08-03-2018, 11:59 AM
Saskatchewan Roughriders

ptlyon
08-03-2018, 12:02 PM
Excellent post

Are you referring to the first part of the post or the second?

The second part was excellent, but fuck the Browns.

MahiMike
08-03-2018, 12:38 PM
Ravens - I think flacco is this year's Alex Smith. Think he has a monster contract year.

Jags - yes last year was a fluke. That defense is for real but they traded away all their WRs for a guard and a shitty QB.

Texans - my pick to win that division.

Amnorix
08-03-2018, 12:42 PM
Watching the Titans to see if yet another attempt to create the "Patriot Way" decimates another franchise.

And Lions, and Texans.

O.city
08-03-2018, 01:00 PM
Hot take here, but I think the Seahawks are gonna suck. Like, first pick in the draft suck.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-03-2018, 02:50 PM
Are you referring to the first part of the post or the second?

The second part was excellent, but **** the Browns.

It was all good but yeah the 2nd part makes me giddy.