PDA

View Full Version : Poop Great moments in criminal history

Eleazar
08-02-2018, 05:59 PM
Police: Man tried to steal plane for concert
Report: Suspect thought flying would be easy

August 1st, 2018
by Lynn LaRowe in Texarkana News

A man arrested at the Texarkana Regional Airport on July 4th allegedly told investigators he intended to fly a stolen plane to a rap music concert in another state.

Asked about his lack of training as a pilot, Zemarcuis Devon Scott, 18, allegedly told Texarkana, Ark., police that he didn't believe there was much more to the task than pushing buttons and pulling levers, according to a probable cause affidavit used to create the following account.

It was about 2:30 a.m. when airport security personnel contacted police about seeing a man jump a fence and attempt to enter an American Eagle twin-engine jet. By the time officers arrived, the suspect, later identified as Scott, had gotten onto the small commercial plane and closed the door behind him.

When officers shined a flashlight into the plane's cockpit from outside the jet, they could see a man sitting in the pilot's seat with his hands below the window and out of direct view. Fearing for their safety, an officer drew his weapon and ordered the man to keep his hands up where they could be seen.

When the suspect turned his gaze toward the officers, two of them allegedly recognized Scott from past encounters. Two of the three responding officers got the plane's door open while the third continued to monitor Scott until he could be taken into custody.

On Monday, Chief Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Chuck Black formally charged Scott with commercial burglary and attempted theft of property with a value greater than $25,000. Both offenses are felonies punishable by three to 10 years in prison and a fine up to $10,000.

Scott is being held in the Miller County jail with bail set at $25,000. The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Carlton Jones. A date for Scott's arraignment on the charges hasn't been scheduled but he is expected to appear in court later this month.

http://www.texarkanagazette.com/news/texarkana/story/2018/aug/01/police-man-tried-steal-plane-concert/736990/

NJChiefsFan
08-02-2018, 06:58 PM
If he had checked the sun visor he probably could have found the keys and gotten out of there before the cops came.

Rain Man
08-02-2018, 07:09 PM
It was good thinking by the guy. I always read that flying is the safest means of travel.

notorious
08-02-2018, 07:10 PM
If the guy hits the wrong buttons first he could do a LOT of damage to the engines by oveheating them without any airflow to keep them cool.

I was constantly concerned while starting up the turbines I used to fly.

Rain Man
08-02-2018, 07:19 PM
If the guy hits the wrong buttons first he could do a LOT of damage to the engines by oveheating them without any airflow to keep them cool.

I was constantly concerned while starting up the turbines I used to fly.

Does that involve pushing buttons or pulling levers? If so, it seems like he had it under control.

notorious
08-02-2018, 07:33 PM
Does that involve pushing buttons or pulling levers? If so, it seems like he had it under control.

It’s actually Flipping switches.

He was way out of his league. Flipping switches requires advanced training.

stevieray
08-02-2018, 07:37 PM
Jailbird Airline.

Rain Man
08-02-2018, 07:46 PM
It’s actually Flipping switches.

He was way out of his league. Flipping switches requires advanced training.

It sounds like he may not have trained for switches.

Eleazar
08-02-2018, 08:56 PM
I would like to see this done as an experiment. Put rank amateurs of all levels of education and intelligence in a cockpit and see how far they get. I wonder how many people could even get it rolling?

BWillie
08-03-2018, 12:13 AM
How hard can it be? All I know is when the apocalypse comes, and some crazy guy with a gun asks me if I know how to fly a plane...im just going to say yes. Should help me buy some time

rabblerouser
08-03-2018, 01:47 AM
It sounds like he may not have trained for switches.

'Hitting switches" = activating the juice on the droptop, dawg.

He gots this.

"I believe I can fly...I believe I can touch the sky..."

Eleazar
08-03-2018, 06:26 AM
there was that scene in battlefield earth where some cavemen learned to fly fighter jets in a day, so it can be done.

notorious
08-03-2018, 06:28 AM
there was that scene in battlefield earth where some cavemen learned to fly fighter jets in a day, so it can be done.

Not only fighter jets, but 1000 year old Harriers. LMAO

HayWire
08-03-2018, 07:54 AM
It was good thinking by the guy. I always read that flying is the safest means of travel.

This. We've always been told flying is safer than driving so stealing a plane was a smart move compared to stealing a car.

Eleazar
08-03-2018, 09:11 AM
Not only fighter jets, but 1000 year old Harriers. LMAO

The AK of jets. Find one that hasn't moved in millennia, fires right up

sedated
08-03-2018, 09:33 AM
he didn't believe there was much more to the task than pushing buttons and pulling levers

ROFL

Now I actually want to see the kid give it a try.

alpha_omega
08-03-2018, 09:40 AM
Maybe he was working for those Airplane Repo guys???

WhiteWhale
08-03-2018, 09:53 AM
The AK of jets. Find one that hasn't moved in millennia, fires right up

Jet fuel lasts for 1000 years right?

:eek:

Baby Lee
08-03-2018, 04:51 PM

That was fully explained in the boo . . . who am I kidding?!?!

ROFL ROFL

[shudder to recall I actually hauled this in paperback around middle school for something to read in spare time. The era practically before gameboys, let alone cell phones].

To be fair, this was before the resurgence of Dianetics or Scientology, and L.Ron.Hubbard was nothing more than a name on the cover of the book.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/71/38/2f/71382fb0c4b76d4fa4c2b78b22d7c08c.jpg