PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs release 2nd unofficial depth chart

RealSNR
08-16-2018, 12:17 PM
No, I can't find a source where the print is larger. Zoom in on your computer/phone I guess.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here is the second (unofficial) <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> depth chart of the season: <a href="https://t.co/6oVZMDo0ft">pic.twitter.com/6oVZMDo0ft</a></p>&mdash; Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadPride/status/1030105777418260480?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 16, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DC.chief
08-16-2018, 12:18 PM
Looks like we resigned Golden. To the ship!

Rain Man
08-16-2018, 12:22 PM
TY McGill didn't get as much bump as I expected from his good preseason game.

-King-
08-16-2018, 12:28 PM
Ehinger is a tackle now?
Posted via Mobile Device

RippedmyFlesh
08-16-2018, 12:29 PM
The only thing "new" about this is a date on the doc. Pre sorenson injury plus golden may disagree with this.

PS
The above statement is in no way a slight to OP whom I am actually a fan of and not meant to be. I do not shoot the messenger.

mcaj22
08-16-2018, 12:34 PM
could you imagine if week 1 theres a scenario where Eric Murray and Leon McQuay are the starters. They will give up 40 easily.

cmh6476
08-16-2018, 12:37 PM
we seem to have no O-line depth and our secondary looks kinda sucky outside of Berry, but other than that looks decent.

BossChief
08-16-2018, 12:39 PM
Our OL and safeties need a lot of work.

The first 6-7 games are going to be tough matchups.

I could see is being 2-4 to start the year then going 9-1 to finish 11-5 with another division title

BossChief
08-16-2018, 12:42 PM
could you imagine if week 1 theres a scenario where Eric Murray and Leon McQuay are the starters. They will give up 40 easily.

If Berry misses this year (that Achilles could burst at any time) the pass rush better be great or the defense is gonna get roasted.

Jewish Rabbi
08-16-2018, 12:45 PM
Zombo listed as third string. Let’s hope to go that means he gets cut.

RippedmyFlesh
08-16-2018, 12:49 PM
West behind Damian williams is a little surprising.

O.city
08-16-2018, 12:53 PM
Interesting how some guys value certain spots.

With Dorsey our ILB spots were always also rans and DJ. The Safety position was always good.

Now it's reversed.

TLO
08-16-2018, 12:54 PM

I'm fine with him being on special teams - but I hope he NEVER plays another defensive snap for us.

Halfcan
08-16-2018, 12:59 PM

I have my doubts he will get cut. Zombo goes out early for every practice, outworks the rest and stays late, carries equipment, fetches Andy lunch, sweeps the locker room and does some sewing on the side if any jocks need hemming up- hard to cut a go-getter like that.

Zombo is a Training Camp Warrior, but a Game Day Pussycat.

JakeF
08-16-2018, 12:59 PM
What happens if a starting offensive tackle gets hurt? Ehringer,Wylie? Move Irving back to OT? You know one of them is going to get dinged and missed at least a game or two.

bigjosh
08-16-2018, 01:01 PM

With Dorsey our ILB spots were always also rans and DJ. The Safety position was always good.

Now it's reversed.Which safety was good besides berry?

Ron Parker is the only serviceable one i can think of.🤷*♂️

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

O.city
08-16-2018, 01:02 PM
Which safety was good besides berry?

Ron Parker is the only serviceable one i can think of.🤷*♂️

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

They always had good bargain bin safeties that didn't suck. Abdullah, Branch, the dude that went to the Texans whose name I can't remember, Parker etc.

Sassy Squatch
08-16-2018, 01:02 PM
Why the fuck is Erving still the "starting" LG. If he's the best option we currently have then Veach and Reid need to be punched in the nutsack for overspending on Watkins.

O.city
08-16-2018, 01:04 PM
The Chiefs organization has had a blind spot at LG since what, Waters?

O.city
08-16-2018, 01:05 PM
The safety thing sucks because there were ones on the market cheap, but they didn't bring them in then Sorenson gets hurt.

O.city
08-16-2018, 01:06 PM
Hankins is still a FA and would be about our 2 best DL.

mcaj22
08-16-2018, 01:06 PM
They always had good bargain bin safeties that didn't suck. Abdullah, Branch, the dude that went to the Texans whose name I can't remember, Parker etc.

Demps, Parker, Coleman, Branch, Abdullah. All great bargins here at safety. Now we have turd 1 and turd 2.

Sofa King
08-16-2018, 01:08 PM
Thoughts on Eric Reid then?

O.city
08-16-2018, 01:09 PM
Demps, Parker, Coleman, Branch, Abdullah. All great bargins here at safety. Now we have turd 1 and turd 2.

Yeah, none were really great and or worth a big deal, but they were cheap and pretty good.

JakeF
08-16-2018, 01:10 PM
My thought is that Clark Hunt won't allow them to sign Eric Reid.

TLO
08-16-2018, 01:28 PM
Hankins is still a FA and would be about our 2 best DL.

No more yanky my Hanky!

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-16-2018, 01:43 PM

Our pass rush will be so awesome we don't need no damn safetys. Just Berry.

Mecca
08-16-2018, 01:48 PM
Eric Murray is really an example of if this team can coach safeties or not. He has the physical tools to be good at that position you have to wonder if what he showed last year was just that he hadn't played much to adapt to the position.

In reality Murray should be a solid safety with what he brings physically. He won't get cut just because he's a good special teamer. I do think with some time he can be a solid player back there it does make you wonder how long it will take though.

Bewbies
08-16-2018, 01:51 PM

Now it's reversed.

I know it's a passing league, but based on what we watched last year that makes more sense. If you can't stop the run the rest doesn't matter.

And with trash back there last year we didn't give up a shitload of points in the air...

Mecca
08-16-2018, 01:53 PM
The real problem is this team is paying Eric Berry a stupid amount of money and then you throw on that Sorenson contract if you are sitting down with your cap and marking down about what you should be spending on each position the Chiefs are going to be way over what any team would consider "reasonable safety money" so they may not justify being able to sign another one.

Which then that's how you sit here with them going "Let's see if these 3 talented guys we drafted can get it mentally because the athletic gifts are there"

ROYC75
08-16-2018, 01:54 PM
Gee, the Chiefs don't know that Robert Golden is not gone! :doh!: :bolt:

BigRedChief
08-16-2018, 01:57 PM

What happens if a starting offensive tackle gets hurt? Ehringer,Wylie? Move Irving back to OT? You know one of them is going to get dinged and missed at least a game or two.Rome wasnt built in a day. Next year in the draft we can draft a great safety and good O-Line help.

BigRedChief
08-16-2018, 01:58 PM
The real problem is this team is paying Eric Berry a stupid amount of money and then you throw on that Sorenson contract if you are sitting down with your cap and marking down about what you should be spending on each position the Chiefs are going to be way over what any team would consider "reasonable safety money" so they may not justify being able to sign another one.

Which then that's how you sit here with them going "Let's see if these 3 talented guys we drafted can get it mentally because the athletic gifts are there"You think the cap is hard to manage now, wait till Mahomes is making $50 million a year.

Mecca
08-16-2018, 01:58 PM
Rome wasnt built in a day. Next year in the draft we can draft a great safety and good O-Line help.

Well that doesn't help that they'll probably need a CB and a pass rusher too..

BigRedChief
08-16-2018, 02:00 PM
Well that doesn't help that they'll probably need a CB and a pass rusher too..Every team has holes. Sub par talent at some spots. Thats life in the NFL.

Mecca
08-16-2018, 02:00 PM
You think the cap is hard to manage now, wait till Mahomes is making $50 million a year.

Well that helps right now that they are way under what that reasonable number is.

Problem is they are also way over on some other positions. You'd hope that Veach and his cap guy do have a list like that of about what they'd like to spend on each position.

KranzDictum
08-16-2018, 02:25 PM
2 FB's? Is one of them a TE too? I realize the 2nd guy won't make it past the last round of cuts but most teams don't list FB anymore.

I didn't remember you guys running a lot of 21 personnel or I formations last year.

I am old school an offset I formation with a back like Hunt gives me wood.

Skyy God
08-16-2018, 02:29 PM
West behind Damian williams is a little surprising.

Lol, no.

Pitt Gorilla
08-16-2018, 02:55 PM

Wood.

mcaj22
08-16-2018, 02:56 PM
Rome wasnt built in a day. Next year in the draft we can draft a great safety and good O-Line help.

I don't understand this considering they A) made the playoffs last year and B) their spending clearly shows this is not a rebuild. They are clearly trying to compete now. You don't spend 9 million per on a LBer and 16 million per on a WR2 luxury if you don't have big goals.

This isn't the Bills where they are in a clear tank.

Skyy God
08-16-2018, 03:22 PM
Odds Darrel Williams makes the 53?

He apparently is a good pass catcher and had a better YPC than Guice.

SuperChief
08-16-2018, 03:41 PM
Odds Darrel Williams makes the 53?

He apparently is a good pass catcher and had a better YPC than Guice.

I'd say none. None odds. Hopefully we can sneak him onto the practice squad though.

Skyy God
08-16-2018, 04:05 PM
I'd say none. None odds. Hopefully we can sneak him onto the practice squad though.

I assume his pass pro is a work in progress, so the only way he makes the team is if they carry 4 RBs.

ModSocks
08-16-2018, 04:19 PM
Eric Murray is really an example of if this team can coach safeties or not. He has the physical tools to be good at that position you have to wonder if what he showed last year was just that he hadn't played much to adapt to the position.

In reality Murray should be a solid safety with what he brings physically. He won't get cut just because he's a good special teamer. I do think with some time he can be a solid player back there it does make you wonder how long it will take though.

Brings physically? He plays like Jane. He plays small. He looks small out there.

I feel like the problem with Murray's game is that he lacks physicality and agression.

Rain Man
08-16-2018, 04:43 PM

Technically, Rome WAS built in a day. It was just quite small and was expanded considerably over the next 3,000 years.

JakeF
08-16-2018, 05:15 PM
You think the cap is hard to manage now, wait till Mahomes is making $50 million a year.
Clocks ticking on the whole wait-until-next-year mantra.

Signing Eric Reid fixes one problem, we have the cap space.

staylor26
08-16-2018, 05:19 PM
Brings physically? He plays like Jane. He plays small. He looks small out there.

I feel like the problem with Murray's game is that he lacks physicality and agression.

He’s talking about the Murray from college I believe. I understand why you came to the conclusion you did based on 2017, but I think what Mecca is trying to say (which I agree with) is that after a year learning on the job we should start to see more of that physicality. Watching him, it felt like he wasn’t playing fast and he looked like a guy who didn’t know what he was doing half of the time. From somebody that watched a lot of Murray and was a big fan as a prospect, I just do not believe he will play like that when he knows what he’s doing and masters the position.

Remember, this is a guy that our scouts said everybody at Minnesota told them was the toughest guy on the team. He was fantastic against the run on college and he was very physical.

srvy
08-16-2018, 05:41 PM
Hell Tanoh Kapasanon cant even beat out the turd Ford who lives in the trainers tent.

pugsnotdrugs19
08-16-2018, 05:48 PM
Our OL and safeties need a lot of work.

The first 6-7 games are going to be tough matchups.

I could see is being 2-4 to start the year then going 9-1 to finish 11-5 with another division title

I’ve been saying that if they get to 3-3 they should definitely make the playoffs with decent health fortune. But I actually think 4-2 is possible if no one gets hurt before then that makes a huge difference...

Berry is key. He has to be out there to cover for our lackluster safety depth...

Easy 6
08-16-2018, 05:58 PM
I’ve been saying that if they get to 3-3 they should definitely make the playoffs with decent health fortune. But I actually think 4-2 is possible if no one gets hurt before then that makes a huge difference...

Berry is key. He has to be out there to cover for our lackluster safety depth...

Yep, theres an awful lot riding on how he shows this year

I agree with your take from the other day, he may well be the difference between a top 10, or bottom 10 defense... its hard to overestimate what it will mean not only to have his talent out there, but also QBing this new secondary around

Chief Roundup
08-16-2018, 06:17 PM
Signing Eric Reid fixes one problem

You need to move on from this line. It is tired and worn out.

RaidersOftheCellar
08-16-2018, 07:55 PM
If Houston is back to wreaking havoc in the backfield (like he claims he will) and the O-line is at least serviceable like last year, I see no reason that they won't be elite.

Not that I'm terribly confident in those things happening.

Pitt Gorilla
08-16-2018, 08:15 PM
You need to move on from this line. It is tired and worn out.How? It's a great suggestion to shore up a weakness.

KranzDictum
08-16-2018, 08:52 PM

Which then that's how you sit here with them going "Let's see if these 3 talented guys we drafted can get it mentally because the athletic gifts are there"

I didn't know you guys are paying Sorensen $4.6 Mill a year for the next 3 years. That is a little rich for one dimensional guy.

lcarus
08-16-2018, 08:57 PM
2 FB's? Is one of them a TE too? I realize the 2nd guy won't make it past the last round of cuts but most teams don't list FB anymore.

I didn't remember you guys running a lot of 21 personnel or I formations last year.

I am old school an offset I formation with a back like Hunt gives me wood.

We dont run it often enough in my opinion.

srvy
08-16-2018, 08:58 PM
If Houston is back to wreaking havoc in the backfield (like he claims he will) and the O-line is at least serviceable like last year, I see no reason that they won't be elite.

Not that I'm terribly confident in those things happening.

He has said that the couple of years. He has it half right he has wreaked.

Titty Meat
08-16-2018, 09:12 PM
Hell Tanoh Kapasanon cant even beat out the turd Ford who lives in the trainers tent.

Tanoh hit the QB 3 different times last week against Houston.

OldSchool
08-16-2018, 10:25 PM
Oh look, Cam Erving is still starting, how wonderful.

TEX
08-17-2018, 07:20 AM
Oh look, Cam Erving is still starting, how wonderful.

Thought the same thing. They're gonna give that clown every chance to prove that he can't play any OL position. Thus far, he's doing a stellar job of doing so. :shake:

Red Dawg
08-17-2018, 07:28 AM

No, Dorsey is a draft genious according to CP. KP is a stud. Ford is a stud because Dorsey picked him. Dorsey was dog shit lucky a little and that's it. Terrible at contracts. He's about to bring in Dez, drafted a midget QB and used his other pick on a DB and not the pass rusher Chubb. Gave a gobb of money to a slot receiver.

Mecca
08-17-2018, 07:48 AM
No, Dorsey is a draft genious according to CP. KP is a stud. Ford is a stud because Dorsey picked him. Dorsey was dog shit lucky a little and that's it. Terrible at contracts. He's about to bring in Dez, drafted a midget QB and used his other pick on a DB and not the pass rusher Chubb. Gave a gobb of money to a slot receiver.

Do me a favor, go compare the Chiefs drafts while he was here to the rest of the league.

Get back to me on what position he would rank in compared the rest of the league in starters/pro bowlers. I'll give you an easy start that he's in the top 10.

Mecca
08-17-2018, 07:50 AM
I didn't know you guys are paying Sorensen $4.6 Mill a year for the next 3 years. That is a little rich for one dimensional guy.

It's a pretty bad contract, but coaches love him which counts for about the same as shitting in my hand.

Buckweath
08-17-2018, 08:03 AM
Do me a favor, go compare the Chiefs drafts while he was here to the rest of the league.

Get back to me on what position he would rank in compared the rest of the league in starters/pro bowlers. I'll give you an easy start that he's in the top 10.

I'll say top 5.

And Daniel Sorensen looks like a bad contract but he had a pretty good 2016-2017 season. Anytime you are coming off a good season you are going to have leverage.

Not really related but this is why IMO the Rams should not resign Donald now just like Dorsey probably should not have resigned Houston after a 22-sack season but rather wait another season.

RunKC
08-17-2018, 08:20 AM
Our secondary is going to get fucked in the ass tonight.

Falcons have a top 5 roster.

RealSNR
08-17-2018, 10:33 AM
I said I would never root for an injury to another Chiefs player after Cassel. I had to do it with Cassel because Pioli wouldn't fucking bench him.

Cam Erving is tempting me to go back on my word. Nothing against the guy as a human, but he's a goddamn albatross whose presence on the starting OL puts our young star franchise QB in mortal danger.

Reid is tempting fate. The longer he dawdles to replace Erving, the less gel time the starting OL will have, and the less safe Mahomes will be. And also, it's Cam fucking Erving.

kccrow
08-17-2018, 10:54 AM
I'd like to see Ryan Hunter with the 1's at LG. If he isn't the answer, then I'd like to see Witzmann back there. Erving is garbage. I don't understand how he's even with the ones.

Surprising to see Deiter and Kemp that far down the depth chart at WR too. I would like to see more of Braverman as well, I really liked him coming out of college and think he's a perfect slot. I was surprised the Bears cut him after the camp he had last year.

Thought T.Y. McGill deserved some work with the 2's at least.

As an aside, I watched the Packers v Steelers last night on replay and they are deep at TE. Their 4th TE, Robert Tonyan, looks like a player. I'd like to see him scooped off the waiver wire if he gets cut because our depth chart is aids. Not sure how Ellis didn't get bumped up though, he had a decent game in week 1.

OldSchool
08-17-2018, 02:12 PM
Our secondary is going to get ****ed in the ass tonight.

It's Pre-season.

-King-
08-17-2018, 03:06 PM

The browns look to be a decent to good team thanks to what he's done this off season. How can you deny that
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
08-17-2018, 03:08 PM
Our secondary is going to get fucked in the ass tonight.

No they don't.
Posted via Mobile Device