PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Bengals release S Iloka - KC Interest?

Cosmos
08-19-2018, 12:43 PM
With the state of the KC defensive backfield, I wonder if they should be interested bringing him in. Former Bengals starter.

Read where Arrion Springs is now working with the safety’s group not the CB’s.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24417425/cincinnati-bengals-release-veteran-safety-george-iloka

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/15085/george-iloka

pugsnotdrugs19
08-19-2018, 12:50 PM
I’d give him a 2-year deal, MAYBE 3 and ensure a low cap hit for this season. But we’re also going to open up some space with roster cuts coming up. Guys like West are worth over a million in space.

RunKC
08-19-2018, 12:53 PM
I feel like this is all about Eric Murray. If you sign this guy, you’re basically replacing him.

The Franchise
08-19-2018, 12:56 PM
I feel like this is all about Eric Murray. If you sign this guy, you’re basically replacing him.

We need to. Murray sucks.

Chiefshrink

Is that okay with you?

FlaChief58
Get his ass in here and don't let him leave.

O.city
08-19-2018, 12:57 PM
Just increases the depth by pushing everyone down a spot

He’s good and I’d do 2 years but it may be a 1 year deal at this point

Chiefshrink
08-19-2018, 12:58 PM

Agreed. Been more negative than positive play that's for sure.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
08-19-2018, 12:59 PM
Does he kneel?

Does he punt balls into the stands?

Thanks in advance

O.city
I don’t think Murray sucks. He’s not great but he’s developing.

Cosmos
I’d give him a 2-year deal, MAYBE 3 and ensure a low cap hit for this season. But we’re also going to open up some space with roster cuts coming up. Guys like West are worth over a million in space.

Can Sorensen be cut while injured (settlement)?

staylor26
08-19-2018, 01:01 PM

I disagree.

He clearly looks better and though he hasn’t made any splash plays, he hasn’t made any mistakes so far in the preseason. Hasn’t been out of position looking lost like he was last year. I think he turns out to be solid depth and a decent #3 S at worst.

Dante84
08-19-2018, 01:02 PM

I mean, we should just cut those guys now if it would get a deal done.

I guess we want to wait to ensure there's no major injuries in Game #3 first, but hell.

Chiefshrink
08-19-2018, 01:02 PM
Does he kneel?

Thanks in advance

ROFL

pugsnotdrugs19
08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
According to PFF, Watts did have a great game Friday night. But I still wouldn’t settle on that, especially with Berry’s iffy heel.

Sassy Squatch
08-19-2018, 01:04 PM
Get him in here right fucking now.

staylor26
08-19-2018, 01:05 PM
According to PFF, Watts did have a great game Friday night. But I still wouldn’t settle on that, especially with Berry’s iffy heel.

It was nice to see him flash that ability to take the ball away. With Peters gone, we could use a guy that can make those kind of plays.

Strongside
08-19-2018, 01:06 PM
The march to 4K posts begins now.

carcosa
08-19-2018, 01:13 PM
SING HIM CRAL

Bewbies
08-19-2018, 01:14 PM
Let the young guys play. Especially Watts.

Chiefshrink
08-19-2018, 01:15 PM

I like Springs as well.:hmmm:

Red Dawg
08-19-2018, 01:17 PM
If he's better than what we have then go for it. That's the life of a pro. You always may be gone. We need all we can get. These guys got torched by Weeden and Ryan. Rivers will kill us in week one.

pugsnotdrugs19
08-19-2018, 01:21 PM

I get this line of thinking somewhat but guys like Murray and McQuay are probably JAGs and Watts needs developing at this level. Berry’s heel is a major question mark and Sorensen is basically done for the year. We NEED depth badly.

If this offense is clicking on all cylinders come December for a playoff run to come, we’ll be thankful to have a guy like Iloka on the back end.

oldman
08-19-2018, 01:24 PM
It depends on how long Sorensen is expected to be out. I hate to lose a roster spot because of the IR designated to return timeline, we need help now. On the other hand, I'm one of the few that think Sorensen is OK as a safety.

pugsnotdrugs19
08-19-2018, 01:28 PM
Sorensen is done this year I’d say, just don’t see how he comes back from those injuries. Plus he’ll need time to get back into shape too. I’d IR him.

chiefzilla1501
08-19-2018, 01:31 PM
Much as I'd love to shore up this position. I'm starting to think our best option is to rebuild. I don't think this is our year. I still think our defense is a 2-3 year project.

Let's see if any of our cheap guys can shine at safety. If none do, back to the drawing board next year.

kcxiv
08-19-2018, 01:32 PM
Does he kneel?

Thanks in advance

well he is outspoken about biff from back to the future 2, so i would say he might be a kneeler

TLO
08-19-2018, 01:35 PM
Ok gang. 1000 posts and he signs. Let's do this!!

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-19-2018, 01:37 PM
Just increases the depth by pushing everyone down a spot

He’s good and I’d do 2 years but it may be a 1 year deal at this point

He wasn't released because he's good.

He was released because he's NOT good.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-19-2018, 01:39 PM
It depends on how long Sorensen is expected to be out. I hate to lose a roster spot because of the IR designated to return timeline, we need help now. On the other hand, I'm one of the few that think Sorensen is OK as a safety.

A lot of people here think he sucks but don't even realize he led the team in tackles last year.

RealSNR
08-19-2018, 01:40 PM
Put Sorensen on IR.

Offer Iloka a 3-year deal for Sorensen money or slightly above. Backload it so we can fit it under this year.

Cut Sorensen next year.

Profit.

pugsnotdrugs19
08-19-2018, 01:41 PM
Apparently Iloka has been outspoken about his opinion on kneeling and the president, and some believe it may have played a big role in his release because of the Brown family’s views.

Sassy Squatch
08-19-2018, 01:41 PM
Apparently Iloka has been outspoken about his opinion on kneeling and the president, and some believe it may have played a big role in his release because of the Brown family’s views.
Oh lol nvm. Chiefs aren't signing him.

RealSNR
08-19-2018, 01:43 PM
Much as I'd love to shore up this position. I'm starting to think our best option is to rebuild. I don't think this is our year. I still think our defense is a 2-3 year project.

Let's see if any of our cheap guys can shine at safety. If none do, back to the drawing board next year.

I could have been okay with this, but then we just signed Scandrick.

No, a 1 year $1.5 million contract doesn't dictate strategy, but why throw money away like that if you're just going to come at the season in rebuild mode? At least Watkins and Hitchens signed multi-year contracts and will be here to take this team beyond the rebuild. Scandrick won't.

pugsnotdrugs19
08-19-2018, 01:44 PM

Yeah I guess he’s quite anti-Donald... so probably not.

Chief Roundup
08-19-2018, 01:59 PM
A lot of people here think he sucks but don't even realize he led the team in tackles last year.

Mike Maslowski lead this team in tackles one year too.

-King-
08-19-2018, 02:08 PM
Mike Maslowski lead this team in tackles one year too.

Yeah but he was a MLB.

Sorensen isn't great but he's better than most think. He was just placed into a role he wasn't ready for last year when Berry got injured. He went from being the #3 safety to being our #1. That's tough.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buckweath
08-19-2018, 02:09 PM
I could have been okay with this, but then we just signed Scandrick.

No, a 1 year $1.5 million contract doesn't dictate strategy, but why throw money away like that if you're just going to come at the season in rebuild mode? At least Watkins and Hitchens signed multi-year contracts and will be here to take this team beyond the rebuild. Scandrick won't.

There is no rebuild.

Some of our guys are at the end of their prime (Berry, Houston, Bailey, Schwartz, etc).

Now is the time to win.

I just wish Veach would find the way to actually trade for a good CB and then I'd feel good about the offense and the defense.

pugsnotdrugs19
08-19-2018, 02:11 PM
Forget rebuilding, ever, at this stage anyways...

We’ve got a top notch head coach and a potentially great QB developing... they need to, and will be, trying to win every year.

Red Dawg
08-19-2018, 02:15 PM

If that's the case he ain't coming here.

chiefzilla1501
08-19-2018, 02:26 PM
There is no rebuild.

Some of our guys are at the end of their prime (Berry, Houston, Bailey, Schwartz, etc).

Now is the time to win.

I just wish Veach would find the way to actually trade for a good CB and then I'd feel good about the offense and the defense.

We've been trying to build a super bowl around those guys for years. If anything, restructuring Houston a year from now is even better reason to wait to load up. Mahomes, tyreek, Kareem, kelce, on the other hand, are young and should hopefully be here a while.

Now isn't the time to win. Our defense needs a few pieces, not one. Love mahomes but I don't expect him to have everything figured out right away. And I have no idea if our DC is the right guy to take us to the finish line.

chiefzilla1501
08-19-2018, 02:28 PM

Brown has never ever cared about winning. It wouldn't surprise me. I wouldn't doubt he was also too cheap and is using this as his excuse.

Rain Man
08-19-2018, 02:33 PM
Bring him in for iloka?

That should not have taken 43 posts, people.

ROYC75
08-19-2018, 02:38 PM
Yeah but he was a MLB.

Sorensen isn't great but he's better than most think. He was just placed into a role he wasn't ready for last year when Berry got injured. He went from being the #3 safety to being our #1. That's tough.
Posted via Mobile Device

Plus the experience he gained while making some good strides along the way could be extremely beneficial to us once we get him back and Berry can stay healthy.

CupidStunt
08-19-2018, 02:39 PM
I disagree.

ROFL

Of course you do.

Interest in Iloko should be mandatory, along with any other UFA with a pulse. This D is begging for help at every level.

CupidStunt
08-19-2018, 02:41 PM
I disagree.

He clearly looks better and though he hasn’t made any splash plays, he hasn’t made any mistakes so far in the preseason. Hasn’t been out of position looking lost like he was last year. I think he turns out to be solid depth and a decent #3 S at worst.

Out of interest, since you're probably the biggest homer here, which players on defense do you actually accept are trash?

rabblerouser
08-19-2018, 02:43 PM

OK then.

staylor26
08-19-2018, 02:45 PM
Out of interest, since you're probably the biggest homer here, which players on defense do you actually accept are trash?

Biggest homer here?

Give me a break. I’m so fucking sick of this narrative. I’ve picked the Raiders and Chargers the last two years to win the division. I’ve never once felt confident that this team would win it all. I just can’t stand overly pessimistic idiots like yourself and I like to call you out on your shit. Believe me, I have a much better grip on the reality of this team and the talent on an individual basis than you ever will.

CupidStunt
08-19-2018, 02:47 PM
Biggest homer here?

Give me a break. I’m so ****ing sick of this narrative. I’ve picked the Raiders and Chargers the last two years to win the division. I’ve never once felt confident that this team would win it all. I just can’t stand overly pessimistic idiots like yourself and I like to call you out on your shit. Believe me, I have a much better grip on the reality of this team and the talent on an individual basis than you ever will.

ROFL

So that's 0?

ping2000
08-19-2018, 02:53 PM
Check out his feet first. No MRSA please.

jjchieffan
08-19-2018, 03:02 PM
Can Sorensen be cut while injured (settlement)?

Just IR him and be done with it.

staylor26
08-19-2018, 03:09 PM
ROFL

So that's 0?

Berry= Great
Houston= Great
Hitchens= Really good
Jones= Really good, could be great
Fuller= Really good, could be great
Ragland= Good 2 down SILB
Williams= Solid run stuffing NT
Nelson= He’s been solid for the most part despite the hate, but could end up being JAG that can’t stay healthy
Ford= Solid pass rusher, below average run defender
Bailey= Decent starter
Sorenson= JAG

Everybody else is either trash or a young guy that is still developing. Murray definitely falls in the latter.

I don’t make final judgements on young guys that are clearly still developing because I’m not an impatient ****ing moron.

Lightrise
08-19-2018, 03:17 PM
I've had enough frankly. I think Sutton retires after this year. Change is coming. Speaks should take Bailey's place now, sign this guy, cut Sorenson, convert Springs to safety and upgrade all the CB depth with other team practice squad players. We keep Smith of course and I'm not even sure we should keep Watts. It's just a big mess.

-King-
08-19-2018, 03:19 PM
Nelson isn't good. He's a penalty waiting to happen Everytime they throw the ball in his direction
Posted via Mobile Device

NJChiefsFan
08-19-2018, 03:28 PM
Berry= Great
Houston= Great
Hitchens= Really good
Nelson= He’s been solid for the most part despite the hate, but could end up being JAG that can’t stay healthy
Bailey= Decent starter
Sorenson= JAG

Everybody else is either trash or a young guy that is still developing. Murray definitely falls in the latter.

I don’t make final judgements on young guys that are clearly still developing because I’m not an impatient ****ing moron.

You tend to buy in very quickly if any positive reviews come out on young guys. I think that with how many jags we've ended up having on defense despite early reports on them all, has helped lead to that image fair or not.

We've had so many recently. The eligwes, Gaines, nicholas' of the Chiefs world. More where they came from. I don't remember for sure which ones you have supported but you can get defensive at times, and again fair or not, has lead to the image of you defending guys like that before they deserve it.

CoMoChief
08-19-2018, 03:32 PM
Would have rather made this deal than to waste money of fucking Scandricks

TLO
08-19-2018, 03:34 PM
I've had enough frankly. I think Sutton retires after this year. Change is coming. Speaks should take Bailey's place now, sign this guy, cut Sorenson, convert Springs to safety and upgrade all the CB depth with other team practice squad players. We keep Smith of course and I'm not even sure we should keep Watts. It's just a big mess.

There's a whole lot of LMAO in this post.

CoMoChief
08-19-2018, 03:34 PM
Berry= Great
Houston= Great
Hitchens= Really good
Bailey= Decent starter
Sorenson= JAG

Jesus man...take the fucking homer glasses off.

staylor26
08-19-2018, 03:49 PM
You tend to buy in very quickly if any positive reviews come out on young guys. I think that with how many jags we've ended up having on defense despite early reports on them all, has helped lead to that image fair or not.

We've had so many recently. The eligwes, Gaines, nicholas' of the Chiefs world. More where they came from. I don't remember for sure which ones you have supported but you can get defensive at times, and again fair or not, has lead to the image of you defending guys like that before they deserve it.

You’re right, I started to get overly optimistic because we had been having a lot of success in the draft, and we continued to draft guys I hype up on CP pre-draft. It’s not just blind homerism when you liked them before they were even Chiefs though. I definitely had too much confidence in “my” guys. Gaines was my absolute worst.

The problem is, you guys only remember my misses. I pounded the table for guys like Kelce, Hunt, Jones, Peters, and Mahomes before we drafted them and also argued with posters defensively about them.

Then there are unknown guys like Hill and Eligwe that I got excited about after we drafted them and I did my homework.

I’ve learned my lesson though. I’m not always right, just like everybody else, and I’ve toned it down a lot.

BryanBusby
08-19-2018, 03:51 PM
Iloka is mediocre safety and the Bengals probably cut him loose because they took Bates in the draft and feel he's ready.

Iloka would be the starter in KC, but I'm not sure if they'll spend what it takes to land him.

staylor26
08-19-2018, 03:54 PM
Nelson isn't good. He's a penalty waiting to happen Everytime they throw the ball in his direction
Posted via Mobile Device

First, I didn’t say “good”.

Second, that is absolutely baseless. Nelson has not been called for a ridiculous amount of penalties whatsoever. Show me the stats to back that up.

RunKC
08-19-2018, 04:05 PM

Nobody is signing him if that is the case.

RunKC
08-19-2018, 04:07 PM
I disagree.

Pretty sure the first big Falcons play to Hooper was a blown assignment by Murray

O.city
08-19-2018, 04:10 PM
Nelson just isn’t good enough. He’s physically tapped out.

staylor26
08-19-2018, 04:13 PM
Pretty sure the first big Falcons play to Hooper was a blown assignment by Murray

I just watched again and I have no idea where you got that from. He was the deep safety on the play. He made the tackle, but I don’t think it was a blown assignment by him.

TLO
08-19-2018, 04:18 PM
Nelson just isn’t good enough. He’s physically tapped out.

Nelson is the least of our worries right now

HemiEd
08-19-2018, 04:38 PM
Does he kneel?

Thanks in advance

Does he tackle?:rolleyes:

booger
08-19-2018, 04:52 PM
Does he tackle?:rolleyes:

He’s a big dude for a safety.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/george-iloka?id=2532869

With him being 28 it would probably be smart to keep the contract in under 3 years because whenever his play starts to decline he might have to carve out a roll of being a nickel/sub package ILB. Intriguing for sure if there’s nothing more to it than cap savings and Bates being ready to start

Cosmos
08-19-2018, 05:38 PM
Just IR him and be done with it.

Ok, Do teams recover cap space when a player is on IR?

Looking for cash to spend on cut day to improve the CB/S/OL.

Bowser
08-19-2018, 05:42 PM
Ok, Do teams recover cap space when a player is on IR?

Looking for cash to spend on cut day to improve the CB/S/OL.

I don't THINK so. I want to say when Berry was out fighting cancer a few years ago that we got cap relief, but that doesn't sound right.

The cash is going to have to come from cuts.

chiefzilla1501
08-19-2018, 06:04 PM
Iloka is mediocre safety and the Bengals probably cut him loose because they took Bates in the draft and feel he's ready.

Iloka would be the starter in KC, but I'm not sure if they'll spend what it takes to land him.

A lot of players regressed under Guenther. I'm glad he's the Raiders' problem now. He sucks. I don't think he was that bad under Zimmer.

I wonder if some of his release has something to do with him being a head hunter. If so, if anyone else is in jeopardy. Clearly the NFL is going to over-enforce this rule.

-King-
08-19-2018, 06:24 PM
First, I didn’t say “good”.

Second, that is absolutely baseless. Nelson has not been called for a ridiculous amount of penalties whatsoever. Show me the stats to back that up.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NelsSt01/penalties

I'm surprised I'm the only one who notices. Even when he has a good play, it's almost always a play that he could have easily got a penalty for.
Posted via Mobile Device

staylor26
08-19-2018, 06:26 PM
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NelsSt01/penalties

I'm surprised I'm the only one who notices. Even when he has a good play, it's almost always a play that he could have easily got a penalty for.
Posted via Mobile Device

So, he got a few his first year playing, big deal. The same year he graded out as one of the better NB’s in the league. Anybody saying he wasn’t solid outside of that is kidding themselves.

Last year he got 3, one of which was in the game against Dallas when he came back from injury with no practice time.

-King-
08-19-2018, 06:30 PM
I’m getting an error with that link.

It's fixed. It's just a list of his penalties. Compare that to other corners and you'll see he's on the higher side of the list. Also makes it worse that he doesn't have as many snaps as the other high penalty corners.
Posted via Mobile Device

staylor26
08-19-2018, 06:33 PM
It's fixed. It's just a list of his penalties. Compare that to other corners and you'll see he's on the higher side of the list. Also makes it worse that he doesn't have as many snaps as the other high penalty corners.
Posted via Mobile Device

I got it. Edited my post.

His first year starting he certainly got more than you’d like, but was still a solid NB.

Last year wasn’t bad at all (3).

Also, Nelson was among our top 3 or so defensive players in snaps last year.

-King-
08-19-2018, 06:40 PM
I got it. Edited my post.

His first year starting he certainly got more than you’d like, but was still a solid NB.

Last year wasn’t bad at all (3).

Also, Nelson was among our top 3 or so defensive players in snaps last year.

What? Nelson only started 7 games last year.
Posted via Mobile Device

staylor26
08-19-2018, 06:40 PM
What? Nelson only started 7 games last year.
Posted via Mobile Device

I meant per game, sorry.

-King-
08-19-2018, 06:48 PM
I meant per game, sorry.

Either way, when the ball was thrown his way, I expected a penalty half the time. He's just too grabby and not even in a slick veteran way.
Posted via Mobile Device

staylor26
08-19-2018, 07:03 PM
Either way, when the ball was thrown his way, I expected a penalty half the time. He's just too grabby and not even in a slick veteran way.
Posted via Mobile Device

I think that’s because you’re clinging on to the fact that he had so many his first year playing.

3 in 7 games playing almost 100% if the snaps those games isn’t bad at all.

-King-
08-19-2018, 07:54 PM
I think that’s because you’re clinging on to the fact that he had so many his first year playing.

3 in 7 games playing almost 100% if the snaps those games isn’t bad at all.

He didn't play as many snaps as you remmeber. Yeah he had some games at 100% but not all. He was probably around 5th on the defense in snaps in the games he played. 3 in 7 starts is a lot. 14 in his 22 starts in his career is a fuck ton. And he doesn't have playmaking ability to off set it like Peters does.
Posted via Mobile Device

CupidStunt
08-20-2018, 06:02 AM
Berry= Great
Houston= Great
Hitchens= Really good
Bailey= Decent starter
Sorenson= JAG

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Holy fucking shit. This is far worse than KnowMo because he doesn't actually believe half the shit he writes, but it's clear you actually believe this stuff.

Wow. I thought those mullethead gifs cheering Fisher were just memes, but you actually exist.

HemiEd
08-20-2018, 06:23 AM
He’s a big dude for a safety.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/george-iloka?id=2532869

With him being 28 it would probably be smart to keep the contract in under 3 years because whenever his play starts to decline he might have to carve out a roll of being a nickel/sub package ILB. Intriguing for sure if there’s nothing more to it than cap savings and Bates being ready to start

He sure is.

staylor26
08-20-2018, 06:29 AM
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Holy ****ing shit. This is far worse than KnowMo because he doesn't actually believe half the shit he writes, but it's clear you actually believe this stuff.

Wow. I thought those mullethead gifs cheering Fisher were just memes, but you actually exist.

I’m curious what exactly you disagree with. Because I think that’s a pretty fair assessment, but I’m sure you just think everybody that isn’t a Pro-Bowler is “trash”.

News flash: Most guys that are starters at the NFL level aren’t trash. That doesn’t mean they’re good, but if you call every player that isn’t good trash, you’re diminishing the word.

I wouldn’t call most NFL starters “trash”, so it has nothing to do with being a homer dumbass.

Stryker
08-20-2018, 07:40 AM
ROFL

Of course you do.

Interest in Iloko should be mandatory, along with any other UFA with a pulse. This D is begging for help at every level.

Unfortunately, this.

CupidStunt
08-20-2018, 07:46 AM
I’m curious what exactly you disagree with.

Houston= Great
In 2014 yes. Calais Campbell is great. Houston is a guy who needs to step up and earn his salary.

Could be great, yes. He's not a "really good" player now. He's wildly inconsistent and often straight terrible against the run. Flashes ability for sure, not a really good player. Fuller and Hitchens, who you'll note I left off, are really good players. Jones is not as good as them; nowhere near as consistent and reliable.

This is just a laughable, generic optimistic take. You're literally writing what you hope he'll be. To this point he hasn't proven that whatsoever.

Oft-injured, wildly inconsistent pass-rusher, and a terrible run defender - is a better description. This is why everyone calls you out (and also why your notion that you have a grasp on reality is so comical). Every opinion you give is tainted with optimism.

Bailey= Decent starter
IDK what you call decent. To me decent is better than Allen Bailey. It's an easy, generic title to slap on him, but he's replacement-level garbage. He gets bullied in the run game and does little vs the pass.

Boy, that was a waste of time. You're always gonna be a homer and I'm always gonna call it straight. Who am I to set you straight. When we're the 25th or 29th or 23rd or 32nd ranked defense come December, you're still gonna look at the positives, while I'm just gonna shake my head and laugh.

DTVietnam
08-20-2018, 07:54 AM
The Chiefs signed defensive back Orlando Scandrick on Sunday.

While the exact details of Scandrick’s deal with the Chiefs haven’t yet popped up, we do know that he signed a contract that is worth up to $1.5 million with incentives. The contract isn’t fully guaranteed, which means it won’t all count against the salary cap. The contract could be a veteran minimum deal at face value with incentives that raise it up to the reported amount.

Before Scandrick’s deal with the Chiefs posted the NFLPA reported the Chiefs salary cap space at $8,523,895.

Even if his contract is fully guaranteed at signing the Chiefs would still have $7 million to work with.

The Chiefs have a few different ways that they could create some cap space if they wanted to. The team could consider some of these options if they wanted to go after another free agent defensive back, like recently released Bengals safety George Iloka.

Cut or trade Charcandrick West

Right now there is only one player on the roster that I think makes sense to trade or cut for some relief on the salary cap. That player is Charcandrick West.

According to Over The Cap, West would provide $1,703,125 in cap space for the Chiefs if released or traded him. The dead money on the deal is just over $300,000. I’m a big fan of West as a player and as a person, but from a business perspective this move makes sense.

His contract is the one that provides the most relief. The Chiefs are also loaded at running back right now and West hasn’t been playing as he works his way back from a concussion. He has, however, cleared NFL concussion protocols.

I would call up a team that is dealing with running back injuries, for instance the Washington Redskins, and just see if you could get anything in trade. Even a conditional draft pick in addition to the salary cap relief would make this deal worthwhile. Plus, West has played with Alex Smith before and has his trust. You could definitely sell the Washington front office on making that work.

staylor26
08-20-2018, 07:57 AM
An interior DL who got 6.5 sacks in year 2 isn’t really good?

LMAO

Houston had .5 sack less than Miller last year. He’s still great against the run and solid in coverage, but he’s no longer a great player?

If every take I have is tainted with optimism then every one of yours is tainted with pessimism. We’re two sides of the same coin, though I’d go as far as to say you’re more pessimistic than I am optimistic. You don’t see me saying we’re going to be a SB contender, but everything that comes out your mouth is doom and gloom.

Also, about Williams, I’m basing that off of his play last year in Arizona and so far in the preseason/TC.

Cosmos
08-20-2018, 09:12 AM
Article about Chiefs interest.
https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/08/20/kansas-city-chiefs-potential-free-agent-signing-george-iloka-bengals/

O.city
08-20-2018, 09:15 AM
I doubt the Chiefs would be interested. They don't have the $

The Franchise
08-20-2018, 09:25 AM
I doubt the Chiefs would be interested. They don't have the $

Cut West.
Cut Zombo.

That's $3 million right there.

NJChiefsFan
08-20-2018, 09:27 AM
Cut West.
Cut Zombo.

So we would be at $10 million? Iloka is gonna get around $5?

The Franchise
08-20-2018, 09:28 AM
So we would be at $10 million? Iloka is gonna get around $5?

There's no guarantee of that. Safeties haven't been getting shit this offseason.

O.city
08-20-2018, 09:44 AM
Cut West.
Cut Zombo.

They could get there if they want. I'm guessing West is gone anyway.

He'd be a good fit at safety.

The Franchise
08-20-2018, 09:57 AM
West and Zombo have no place on this team. We're better off using that money to fill a hole on this roster with Iloka.

Place Sorensen on the IR and set your safeties as Berry, Iloka, McCray, Watts and Murray. Those last three are nothing but depth at this point anyways. None of them are good enough to be starters and if Berry goes down again....we're absolutely fucked.

O.city
08-20-2018, 09:59 AM
I still like Jimmy Ward here. I wonder if the 9ers would take one of our RB's or Conley for him.

O.city
08-20-2018, 10:03 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Raiders plan to make run at S George Iloka, whom Bengals released Sunday. Connection is clear. Six seasons, 76 starts under DC Paul Guenther. Could step in and start opener three weeks from today. But finances to dictate his fit here, too.</p>&mdash; Michael Gehlken (@GehlkenNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/GehlkenNFL/status/1031571483854700544?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 20, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Franchise
08-20-2018, 10:11 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Raiders plan to make run at S George Iloka, whom Bengals released Sunday. Connection is clear. Six seasons, 76 starts under DC Paul Guenther. Could step in and start opener three weeks from today. But finances to dictate his fit here, too.</p>&mdash; Michael Gehlken (@GehlkenNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/GehlkenNFL/status/1031571483854700544?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 20, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

They'll probably get him. I'm not holding onto any hope that he signs here. I have a feeling that Veach/Reid are going to roll with the young guys.

jdubya
08-20-2018, 10:21 AM
Bill Williamson
@BWilliamsonNFL
#Raiders have contacted George Iloka to begin their pursuit of the safety.
09:04 - 20 Aug 2018
34 people are talking about this

The Franchise
08-20-2018, 10:24 AM
Bill Williamson
@BWilliamsonNFL
#Raiders have contacted George Iloka to begin their pursuit of the safety.
09:04 - 20 Aug 2018
34 people are talking about this

Don't see him leaving there without a deal. Interested to see how they make the cap work though.

Mecca
08-20-2018, 02:33 PM
This dude is very outspoken on his twitter page...and he looks to be very anti Trump etc etc, doubt Clark is going to sign off on this one.

Pitt Gorilla
08-20-2018, 02:35 PM
This dude is very outspoken on his twitter page...and he looks to be very anti Trump etc etc, doubt Clark is going to sign off on this one.He's a good football player in a position of need. Sign him if you can.

loochy
08-20-2018, 02:39 PM
This dude is very outspoken on his twitter page...and he looks to be very anti Trump etc etc, doubt Clark is going to sign off on this one.
Does anyone care?
Does anyone care?
Does anyone care?
Does anyone care?
Does anyone care?
Does anyone care?
Does anyone care?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Zz-DJr1Qs54?start=204" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
08-20-2018, 02:40 PM
He's a good football player in a position of need. Sign him if you can.

So's Eric Reid....

Pitt Gorilla
08-20-2018, 02:46 PM
So's Eric Reid....So is Peters. Clark doesn't necessarily care about winning.

T-post Tom
08-20-2018, 03:27 PM

As long as he stands for the anthem, he's ok. There's a LOT of teams showing interest. Which makes you wonder about Reid and his inability to find a job.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/sites/csnbayarea/files/styles/article_hero_image/public/2018/03/28/reid-ap.jpg?itok=RDLVLfsZ

Skyy God
08-20-2018, 04:01 PM
As long as he stands for the anthem, he's ok. There's a LOT of teams showing interest. Which makes you wonder about Reid and his inability to find a job.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/sites/csnbayarea/files/styles/article_hero_image/public/2018/03/28/reid-ap.jpg?itok=RDLVLfsZ

The likely Reid blackball cost a lot of safeties $$.

ShowtimeSBMVP
08-22-2018, 06:29 AM
Sounds like he’s going to Vikings

NJChiefsFan
08-22-2018, 07:32 AM

For a visit or signing?

CrossCheck
08-22-2018, 07:33 AM
For a visit or signing?

Likely to sign......George Iloka, the safety who was cut by the Bengals this week, is on his way to Minnesota and expected to sign with the Vikings, according to NFL Network.

staylor26
08-22-2018, 07:34 AM
Better than the Raiders getting him :shrug:

NJChiefsFan
08-22-2018, 07:36 AM

Certainly

KChiefs1
08-22-2018, 07:39 AM
Likely to sign......George Iloka, the safety who was cut by the Bengals this week, is on his way to Minnesota and expected to sign with the Vikings, according to NFL Network.

Vikings have a nice defense.

pugsnotdrugs19
08-22-2018, 07:55 AM

Yeah.

Man, I know it was going to be this way with or without It Iloka, but Berry HAS to be there every game.

jjchieffan
08-22-2018, 08:21 AM
Man, the butthurt over the Peters trade is absolutely comical. I can't believe that people really believe that his trade was ordered by Hunt and that it actually was over his anthem protest. Why can't you hard headed morons get it through your head that Peters didn't want to be in KC, and that he was a malcontent and a locker room cancer?? He's gone. Good riddance, now quit throwing your preschool level tantrums and shut up. Because the rest of us are as sick of hearing about it as we were about the constant Smith hate the last 5 years. If you don't like it, then go get a GM job and prove how smart you are.

Bewbies
08-22-2018, 08:23 AM
Man, the butthurt over the Peters trade is absolutely comical. I can't believe that people really believe that his trade was ordered by Hunt and that it actually was over his anthem protest. Why can't you hard headed morons get it through your head that Peters didn't want to be in KC, and that he was a malcontent and a locker room cancer?? He's gone. Good riddance, now quit throwing your preschool level tantrums and shut up. Because the rest of us are as sick of hearing about it as we were about the constant Smith hate the last 5 years. If you don't like it, then go get a GM job and prove how smart you are.

Peters was one of my favorite players to watch in the entire league. And I think KC is better off without him.

Alex Smith can eat a bag of dicks along with all his fans.

iDeaL
08-22-2018, 08:33 AM

I'm pretty new here, you seem nice tho.

Halfcan
08-22-2018, 09:01 AM

:cuss: I can't believe we are not getting this scrub I have never heard of!!

Naptown Chief
08-22-2018, 09:04 AM
I'm pretty new here, you seem nice tho.

You seem nicer

RunKC
08-22-2018, 09:09 AM
Falcons and Vikings are the two most talented teams (on paper) in the league. Can’t believe Minnesota is getting this guy . What a stacked secondary LMAO

staylor26
08-22-2018, 09:12 AM
Falcons and Vikings are the two most talented teams (on paper) in the league. Can’t believe Minnesota is getting this guy . What a stacked secondary LMAO

Falcons?

They aren’t even the best in the NFCS. The Saints are still the team to beat in that division.

O.city
08-22-2018, 09:13 AM
Falcons?

They aren’t even the best in the NFCS. The Saints are still the team to beat in that division.

I think the Falcons D is better currently. The Siants d could be better if things break right though. That division is stacked.

RunKC
08-22-2018, 09:21 AM
Falcons?

Saints are super close, probably 3rd, but I don’t buy their defense as much as Atlanta’s.

Comparable pass rush, but Falcons secondary is better IMO.

O.city
08-22-2018, 09:22 AM
Both those teams have nice young defenses that they've drafted. I would like to see that happen in KC.

The Chiefs really need this past draft class to be uber successful.

O.city
08-22-2018, 09:25 AM
So this Eric Reid thing, whatever it is, at some point has to end right? I mean, someone is offering him some type of money to play. Is he gonna just not play out of principle?

BleedingRed
08-22-2018, 09:26 AM
So this Eric Reid thing, whatever it is, at some point has to end right? I mean, someone is offering him some type of money to play. Is he gonna just not play out of principle?

I don't know, I mean I'm sure someone has offered him money.

O.city
08-22-2018, 09:27 AM
I know guys feel like they have a certain number or whatever, but at some point you'd think someone would offer a 1 year prove it deal that he'd take.

O.city
08-22-2018, 09:39 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Done deal: The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Vikings?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Vikings</a> have agreed to terms with former <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bengals</a> S George Iloka on a 1-year deal. A big addition to their DB room, the kind you rarely find in August.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1032289536204832773?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 22, 2018</a></blockquote>

The Franchise
08-22-2018, 09:41 AM
Iloka and Harrison Smith is a pretty bad ass safety duo.

O.city
08-22-2018, 10:16 AM
Yeah that's a nice duo.

chiefzilla1501
08-22-2018, 10:33 AM
Not surprised he went to Zimmer.. Maybe telling also that he went to his old DC and not his most recent one. I thought Guenther did a terrible job and glad he went to the raiders.

I can't help but wonder how much the value of a player like this goes down because of the new player safety rules. And if other thumpers will see a similar fate soon.

chiefzilla1501
08-22-2018, 10:36 AM
Especially because I don't have much faith in Sutton, I'm fine waiting a year. We have good young guys to get a shot. Our defense will be in build mode, not stacking

ROYC75
08-22-2018, 12:42 PM
Just signed by the Vikes!

Cosmos
08-22-2018, 01:05 PM
Sorensen out and Berry not healthy, S needs to be addressed..

Mecca
08-22-2018, 01:07 PM
Sorensen out and Berry not healthy, S needs to be addressed..

Yea...doesn't look like it's going to be addressed other than the guys already here.

Skyy God
08-22-2018, 04:58 PM

He’s getting blackballed, brah.

carcosa
08-22-2018, 07:51 PM
Because the rest of us are as sick of hearing about it as we were about the constant Smith hate the last 5 years.

Impossible. The earth has only existed for 4 years.

MotherfuckerJones
08-22-2018, 08:47 PM
Seems like they're counting on Berry and the young safeties to step up. Hope to see the full defense Saturday outside of Berry and Nelson, so I can see what Watts is like. He had a really good game in Atlanta which is a plus.

jdubya
08-22-2018, 09:22 PM
I heard he signed with the Vikes for vet minimum.....dont have a link yet

stumppy
08-22-2018, 09:30 PM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/22/george-iloka-gets-just-790000-salary-90000-signing-bonus/
Vikings signed him
George Iloka gets just $790,000 salary, $90,000 signing bonus

Chief Roundup
08-22-2018, 09:34 PM
This really sucks since now they have shut Berry down for the remainder of preseason because of this sore heel. He had a sore heel last year and then blew the Achilles.

TLO
08-22-2018, 09:35 PM
Well, damn.

CoMoChief
08-22-2018, 09:47 PM
Well that good D, just got even better it seems.

We really could have used this guy, rather than pay for Shitlando Shitdicks. What a horrible (desparate) signing. Safety was just as important of an immediate need being that Berry has had a quiet uneventful (and now) gimpy training camp.

Unless I'm wrong, I haven't really heard anyting "good" about Berry's camp at all this past month. Is that a good thing, meaning that it's biz as usual, or is he just taking it slow? Maybe I prematurely just assumed. But either way, he's not available and it's kinda a concern because the lack of depth after Berry, and the possibility of Berry not being 100% this yr.

It's the other foot that what was inj last year, but the warning signs seem to be the same, even if it is the other foot. Is it just bad genetics/weak tendons and muscles there, too much stress? Combo of both? Good news is, Chiefs have about 3wks to have this problem healed (hah get it? - I'll be here all night).

If the absolute worst happens, where he goes down again long term, the Chiefs should seriously just think about moving on from Berry and getting out from under his contract anyway that they can (if it's even possible). Sucks to say that but that's the biz side of the NFL. To much degree I kind of feel the same way about Justin Houston. Willing to give him benefit of doubt because he'll hopefully get better front 7 help this year and supposedly is (finally) 100%. This D really needs for him (and Ford if at all possible) to turn in a really nice season, time for him to show up in big fuckin ways, ya know what I mean. 9 sacks just isn't going to cut it, Houston needs to turn in a 15+ sack year and create turnovers. Ford needs to turn in 10+ sack year. Time for both of those fuckers to hold up their end of the bargain. It's the only way the Chiefs D is going to be competitive.
Because honestly I think the secondary is going to be absolute dogshit, boy do I hope I'm wrong.

Plus the Chiefs have to really think about extending Hill, Jones, and possibly Fuller.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-22-2018, 10:43 PM
Doesn't sound like he even considered anyone else. Wanted to play for Zimmer.

Best22
08-22-2018, 10:55 PM
Maybe he didn't want to play for Sutton

CoMoChief
08-22-2018, 11:19 PM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/22/george-iloka-gets-just-790000-salary-90000-signing-bonus/
Vikings signed him
George Iloka gets just $790,000 salary, $90,000 signing bonus

WTF?!?! :cuss:

So what connection does this guy have w/ MIN?
*EDIT*

Answered in a later post, I didn't scroll down n read, nvm

carcosa
08-23-2018, 01:55 AM
WTF?!?! :cuss:

So what connection does this guy have w/ MIN?
*EDIT*

Answered in a later post, I didn't scroll down n read, nvm

Thanks you

King_Chief_Fan
08-23-2018, 08:49 AM
If the absolute worst happens, where he goes down again long term, the Chiefs should seriously just think about moving on from Berry and getting out from under his contract anyway that they can (if it's even possible). Sucks to say that but that's the biz side of the NFL.
Plus the Chiefs have to really think about extending Hill, Jones, and possibly Fuller.

yup, time to think about the future. This season might be 9-7 or 8-8 this year.
Time to shed some non performing high dollar guys.

chiefzilla1501
08-23-2018, 09:04 AM
Seems like they're counting on Berry and the young safeties to step up. Hope to see the full defense Saturday outside of Berry and Nelson, so I can see what Watts is like. He had a really good game in Atlanta which is a plus.

I think the Chiefs are treating this year like a defense rebuild. I expect mahomes to have ups and downs in year 1. I don't think our defense can be fixed overnight. We have young talent at safety, so I'm cool with just seeing if we have a cheap but good option on our team.

CB is a different story. Outside of fuller, I really don't like our options.

Bowser
08-23-2018, 09:10 AM
I think the Chiefs are treating this year like a defense rebuild. I expect mahomes to have ups and downs in year 1. I don't think our defense can be fixed overnight. We have young talent at safety, so I'm cool with just seeing if we have a cheap but good option on our team.

Well, at least Pat will feel right at home like he's back at Texas Tech. He's going to have to score as many points as possible because his defense is going to suck out loud.

RunKC
08-23-2018, 09:42 AM

They have no choice. Dorsey’s chickens came to roost.

His waiver wire players left and he didn’t draft well enough.

CupidStunt
08-25-2018, 11:37 AM
Berry= Great
Houston= Great
Hitchens= Really good
Bailey= Decent starter
Sorenson= JAG

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

CupidStunt
08-25-2018, 03:14 PM
The title of this thread is so annoying in helping this retard avoid his shame.