PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Gladiator 2018 - Round 3, Match 2 - Renegade versus wazu

Rain Man
08-21-2018, 12:58 PM
Vote for the person that you think would win this match in a battle to death or submission. As background, assume that prior to the tournament you received 10 minutes of training on every weapon. The time listed is the amount of time before the match where you learn what the weaponry and venue is. All participants are handed their weapons at t=0 unless stated otherwise.

Venue - In a room, tied together at the waist by a six-foot rope
Starting Distance - 6 feet

Renegade

Main Weapon - Flail (handle with a chain and spiked metal ball on the chain)
Backup Weapon - 2 boomerangs, one heavy and one bladed, and a handful of salt

Prep Time - 8 Minutes
Special Factors - At time t= -1 minute, your head will be forced into a bucket of water for 40 seconds. Your opponent may stop the match two more times and repeat this process, as long as at least one minute elapses between requests.

wazu

Main Weapon - Bo Staff
Backup Weapon - Shiv fashioned from a toothbrush and a wooden chair leg

Prep Time - 9 Minutes
Special Factors - None

Shag
08-21-2018, 01:12 PM
Can Wazu attack Renegade while he's being dunked? If so, this one's over immediately - call for the dunk, stab the jugular with the shiv.

Rain Man
08-21-2018, 01:20 PM
Can Wazu attack Renegade while he's being dunked? If so, this one's over immediately - call for the dunk, stab the jugular with the shiv.

No, the match is stopped during the dunking.

kysirsoze
08-21-2018, 01:36 PM
Close one. Renegade had more devastating weapon, but Wazu has reach and best up close weapon. Add in the special factor and Wazu takes it.

wazu
08-21-2018, 01:41 PM
This is going to sound very Napoleon Dynamite, but I actually have decently extensive martial arts training with a bo staff. I won’t need the dunking, he’ll be unconscious in 2 seconds.

The Franchise
08-21-2018, 02:09 PM
What happens if he can't hold his breath for 40 seconds? ROFL

DJ's left nut
08-21-2018, 02:24 PM
This is going to sound very Napoleon Dynamite, but I actually have decently extensive martial arts training with a bo staff. I won’t need the dunking, he’ll be unconscious in 2 seconds.

I will need to see a video of your martial arts training, sir.

I mean I whuped some ass with Donatello on the ol' TMNT game so I'm pretty sure I know how to judge bo staff skills.

wazu
08-21-2018, 02:55 PM
I will need to see a video of your martial arts training, sir.

I mean I whuped some ass with Donatello on the ol' TMNT game so I'm pretty sure I know how to judge bo staff skills.

This was Ryukyu Kempo karate. Each belt progression had as part of it’s requirements a particular weapon. I used to practice the kata in my back yard all the time. Thankfully it was never recorded on video or I’d have probably wound up with a story similar to that of “Star Wars Kid”.

I do still own the staff. It’s been sitting in my garage just waiting for this day.

Renegade
08-21-2018, 03:12 PM

If your life depends on it, you can do anything for a minute.

The Franchise
08-21-2018, 03:13 PM
If your life depends on it, you can do anything for a minute.

Sure....just realize that as soon as you pull your head out of that water....a shank is going in your neck.

Rain Man
08-21-2018, 03:39 PM

Then the match would end without bloodshed, but with a clear winner.

Renegade
08-21-2018, 04:53 PM
Sure....just realize that as soon as you pull your head out of that water....a shank is going in your neck.

Not true. My head goes under water at t-1 minute. I will have 20 seconds. Don't underestimated the power of the salt to Wazu's eyes

TLO
08-22-2018, 11:56 AM
This is a close one!

Rain Man
08-23-2018, 11:12 AM
The power of deep breathing aids wazu, as Renegade kicks the bucket. wazu moves on to Round 4.