PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Detoxing's drunken late night thoughts

ModSocks
08-30-2018, 10:34 PM
Ok. Yeah fuck it im pretty drunk but whatever im about to get laid.

So here we go, discuss:

Chad Henne: How about that motherfucker, eh? Dude balled out this preseason. Who expected that shit?
Not me, that's who. He had a damn good preseasom, seemingly out of nowhere. Back up QB is actually
a strong spot.

Matt McGloin: No offense bro but fuck you. Not your fault.

Chase Litton: Who the fuck is this guy? I seriously didnt even know he was on the roster till like the last week before
preseason week 1. But he balled the fuck out.He's QB #3. He didnt do THAT great, but wtf did Matt McGroin do? Litton is
basically Tyler Bray but more competent. We already know what Matt McGroin is. So...take Bray. I mean Litton

Daryl Williams: Dude is no Joke. He should be #2. He does the little things that succesful NFL backs do. He's smooth. He strong.
He's the real deal. I don't who gets cut, but he's the 2nd best back on the roster.

3d String TE: Is there even any competetion there? Seems like it's been Ellis and then a bag of dicks.

Demarcus Robinson: This is two seasons in a row now where he's put together outstanding camp/preseason. I thought he looked better
than Sammy Watkins this year.

Sammy Watkins: I thought the one thing he would bring to this team is the ability to win the contested catch. So far, it's been
the exact opposite of that.

Jehu Chesson: Where the fuck you been, bro? His body transformed. Looks like he dropped some body fat %. He looks leaner, looks
more cut, but i thought he lacked explosion.

OL: Alex Smith is gonbe, bros. YOu better get use to blocking a second or two longer or ya'll get replaced. That's jkust being
real with you. So far, not so good. But i have faith.

Eligwe: I don't even know your first name. But where you been, brah?

Neiman: Dude deserves to make the squad. He's around the ball.He makes plays. He has potential.

McQuay: No instincts.

Breeland: I thought he was stout. Strong at the point of attack. He looked more stout than most rookies. But Slooooow. His speed
is concering. He couldnt chase down ANY qb's this preseason. This next offseason is big for him. He needs to somehow gain two steps
without losing his power.

Kpass: Looks worlds better than last season. I'm afriad the only way he gets better now is with game snaps.

Fuller: If you've paid attention to any of my posts you;d know that i was 50/50 on Fuller. Im convinced now. Dude is legit. He's a
solid starter. Poised to have a great season.

Gadzooks
08-30-2018, 10:38 PM
The Chiefs suck.

Reerun_KC
08-30-2018, 10:41 PM
Trump

Jewish Rabbi
08-30-2018, 10:44 PM
Is that Bashaud Breeland you mention in your post?

Flying High D
08-30-2018, 10:48 PM
The D looked a lot better tonight.

Easy 6
08-30-2018, 10:49 PM
Trump

LMAO

Prison Bitch
08-30-2018, 10:50 PM
We hired Todd McShay?

Flying High D
08-30-2018, 10:54 PM
We are Todd McShay.

Rasputin
08-30-2018, 10:58 PM
The Chiefs suck.

But not as hard as the Chargers

Dante84
08-30-2018, 11:44 PM
Random Thoughts on the Offense:

+ It's pretty crazy how deep we are on Offense. Every position is seemingly stacked except for LG, which has been our curse.

+ I'd like to have a LT of the future, or a plan for how to replace Fisher at some point.

+ WR: We're set with 1-Hill, 2-Watkins, 3-Conley, 4-DRob, 5-DAT, and then I want 6-Pringle and then 7-EITHER Kemp OR Chesson.

+ RB: Is Ware a potential surprise cut? I miss him.

+ TE: I hope that Ellis makes the team over Amaro, and eclipses Harris by mid-season.

+ QB: Litton over McGloin all ****ing day. And Henne has been very comforting, in a Todd Collins sort of way.

CasselGotPeedOn
08-31-2018, 12:04 AM
The Chiefs suck.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VzGr4GZJcHQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lzen
08-31-2018, 07:50 AM
The Chiefs suck.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_HNJ93HCxUA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

oldman
08-31-2018, 09:09 AM
+ WR: We're set with 1-Hill, 2-Watkins, 3-Conley, 4-DRob, 5-DAT, and then I want 6-Pringle and then 7-EITHER Kemp OR Chesson.
+ QB: Litton over McGloin all ****ing day. And Henne has been very comforting, in a Todd Collins sort of way.

I think DAT is a cut. I like Dieter better than Kemp. Pringle is fast, but his route running needs work. PS squad for him.
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if we aren't trying to peddle Ware and keep both D. Williams. His absence last night could signal that or maybe that absence says he's made the roster. Who knows with Veach.
I think you're right about Litton. Why pay a vet on a 1-year contract to hold a clipboard. Litton wouldn't last long on the waiver wire. I believe McGloin was brought in as competition for Henne, not the #3 job.

FAX
08-31-2018, 09:15 AM
I'd be surprised if we cut DAT, honestly. He is, after all, "pound-for-pound, the toughest player on the team". His experience trumps (no DC) noobism.

I cannot recall a time when we had this kind of depth at WR, though. Veachy needs to engage in trade talk, pronto. The iron is hot. Strike and burn somebody, Veachy.

FAX

Otter
08-31-2018, 09:49 AM
OL: Alex Smith is gonbe, bros. YOu better get use to blocking a second or two longer or ya'll get replaced. That's jkust being
real with you. So far, not so good. But i have faith.

This is an issue that actually scares me a bit.

We all know the defensive problems but this is an OL that's used to blocking for check down Alex. It's going to be a bit of a transition for sure.

SuperChief
08-31-2018, 09:52 AM
I'd be surprised if we cut DAT, honestly. He is, after all, "pound-for-pound, the toughest player on the team". His experience trumps (no DC) noobism.

I cannot recall a time when we had this kind of depth at WR, though. Veachy needs to engage in trade talk, pronto. The iron is hot. Strike and burn somebody, Veachy.

FAX

DAT is a Toub guy. I'd be very surprised if he got cut.

Which, of course, sucks ballz.

srvy
08-31-2018, 09:59 AM
Gblowfish he is not.

Marcellus
08-31-2018, 10:01 AM

FAX

Especially considering Jacksonville and the Cowboys are paper thin at WR.

ModSocks
08-31-2018, 10:02 AM

Ware might be a surprise cut. Or an IR stash.

I can't imagine the Chiefs keeping that many receivers. Pringle, Kemp, Chesson; those guys are out. Chesson has the best shot at sticking around.

Log jam at RB. Do they keep 4? Hunt/Ware/Williams x2? If they go 3 i'd imagine Ware is the odd man out.

Marcellus
08-31-2018, 11:34 AM

I can't imagine the Chiefs keeping that many receivers. Pringle, Kemp, Chesson; those guys are out. Chesson has the best shot at sticking around.

Log jam at RB. Do they keep 4? Hunt/Ware/Williams x2? If they go 3 i'd imagine Ware is the odd man out.

Not a chance in hell.

Dante84
08-31-2018, 12:45 PM

How many - 6, or 7? I imagine we'll keep at least 6.

I haven't seen shit from Chesson at all. I know he's touted as a Special Teams maven, but maybe I haven't been paying enough attention.

I'd take Pringle's speed + deep ball tracking (primarily because of Mahomes' arm, incase of other WR injuries) over Chesson's mediocre speed. Kemp has awesome speed and flashed as well, but I think Pringle's skill set is more valuable than those two.

Dante84
08-31-2018, 12:46 PM
Not a chance in hell.

I think it would be crazy to cut Ware as well. BUT - he didn't do anything in preseason (limited snaps, to be fair).

His injury was pretty terrible. Curious how he's coming along compared to the value that the other options offer - at his position or the entire team more broadly.

I hope he's still the same Ware.

Marcellus
08-31-2018, 01:01 PM
I think it would be crazy to cut Ware as well. BUT - he didn't do anything in preseason (limited snaps, to be fair).

His injury was pretty terrible. Curious how he's coming along compared to the value that the other options offer - at his position or the entire team more broadly.

I hope he's still the same Ware.

Older story but answers some of the questions.

News broke Tuesday morning that Kansas City Chiefs running back Spencer Ware agreed to a restructuring of the final year on his two-year contract.

According to Field Yates of ESPN, Ware, 26, agreed to convert his base salary of $1.45 million to $750,000, lowering his cap hit while still affording him the opportunity to make the full salary by hitting attainable incentives. The move raises the likelihood that he makes the 53-man roster.

Ware, who practiced Monday and Tuesday of this week at Chiefs training camp, has looked strong on the field so far, showing little sign of the PCL and LCL he suffered almost 11 months to the day.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/7/24/17608508/chiefs-to-spencer-ware-just-get-your-ass-back

Simply Red
08-31-2018, 01:04 PM

FAX

I have to give it to the little guy - he's never stopped working - no matter the criticism. I respect that.

Buehler445
08-31-2018, 02:01 PM
I have to give it to the little guy - he's never stopped working - no matter the criticism. I respect that.

Except when he, you know, did.

Simply Red
08-31-2018, 02:19 PM
Except when he, you know, did.

it improved this time last year - noticeably so. IMO - then again I am one of the only ones that liked Albert Wilson - so I'm sure many don't share that opinion.