PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs trade for Dolphins safety Jordan Lucas

carcosa
08-31-2018, 05:03 PM
According to the team Twitter

GAMR CHAMGER????

JakeF
08-31-2018, 05:06 PM
Why worry about quality when you can just sign a bunch of shit and cross your fingers.

O.city
08-31-2018, 05:07 PM
To the ship?

O.city
08-31-2018, 05:08 PM
Honestly though, I would do this every year if there were guys I liked elsewhere that I thought were gonna get cut

If you want them, flip a late round pick for them.

TLO
08-31-2018, 05:09 PM
Who is this? What did we trade for him?

FAX
08-31-2018, 05:10 PM
Former 6th rounder. We gave up a 7th (guessing 2019).

That's the scuttlebutt, anyhow. Word is he can scuttle and has a fairly pronounced butt.

That's all I know.

FAX THE LIMITED KNOWLEDGE GUY

dtrain
08-31-2018, 05:11 PM
2020 7th round pick

Rasputin
08-31-2018, 05:11 PM
Dolphins are in Florida

Disney is in Florida

Gorge Lucas sold Star Wars to Disney

We get safety Jordan Lucas

We're going to DISNEY LAND! PBJ

FAX
08-31-2018, 05:13 PM
6 degrees of inscrutability.

FAX THE AGREES WITH THE CONCEPT

The Franchise
08-31-2018, 05:14 PM
OVERVIEW
Lucas was the first recruit to sign on with Bill O’Brien as the Nittany Lions fought through the rough times of the post-Joe Paterno era. He has played corner using his tenacious man-cover skills, and was also physical enough to move to safety (58 tackles, four for loss, two sacks along with nine passes defensed in 2014). His senior year was cut short due to injury (56 tackles, three pass breakups in nine starts), but Lucas could be a nice option in the slot for teams looking to regularly bring pressure from that area. Versatility is crucial in today's NFL, and Lucas has plenty to spare.

PRO DAY RESULTS
40-yard dash: 4.45 seconds
Vertical: 38 inches
Broad jump: 10 feet, 10 inches
Short shuttle: 4.21 seconds
3-cone drill: 6.78 seconds

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Team captain and three-year starter. Played cornerback two years before moving to safety this year. Praised for his character and leadership. Doesn't need much runway to hit his burst gear to close. Plays with smooth feet and change of direction for the safety spot. Takes smart angles to the ball and rarely runs himself out of a play. Lined up over slots in sub-*packages.

WEAKNESSES Has short arms and marginal speed. Lacks play*making instincts to put him in position to make more plays. Always seems to be a step slow to the ball from the safety spot. Labored disengage in run support when blocked by tight ends near line of scrimmage. Missed final three games and Senior Bowl with shoulder injury that will be combed over at combine. Hits like a cornerback.

DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 6 or 7

BOTTOM LINE Has good size for a cornerback and was credited with 25 passes defensed (including three interceptions) when he played that position so teams may look to move him back there. Lucas' lack of speed could be an issue at cornerback and his marginal play*making instincts aren't endearing at the safety spot so he might have to shine on special teams to get a foot in the door early on.

He's a SS. So you know.....meh?

DenverChief
08-31-2018, 05:15 PM
College CB converted to S. Maybe back to CB?

Shaid
Dolphins are in Florida

Disney is in Florida

We're going to DISNEY LAND! PBJ

http://www.relatably.com/m/img/this-guy-memes/c6b.jpg

O.city
Better than mcquay. He’s struggled this preseason

The Franchise
Better than mcquay. He’s struggled this preseason

McQuay is going to get himself cut.

O.city
08-31-2018, 05:16 PM
McQuay is going to get himself cut.

He should

I still would like to see them trade for jimmy ward

The Franchise
08-31-2018, 05:17 PM
So what does that give us at safety?

Berry
Watts
Lucas
Murray
Sorensen - Who I'm guessing should get put on the IR.

DenverChief
08-31-2018, 05:18 PM
He's a SS. So you know.....meh?

Kinda surprised with that post you didn't mention a convert back

DenverChief
08-31-2018, 05:18 PM
So what does that give us at safety?

Berry
Watts
Lucas
Murray
Sorensen - Who I'm guessing should get put on the IR.

If he stays at safety....

FAX
08-31-2018, 05:19 PM
"Labored disengage"? "Lacks play-making instincts"? "Marginal speed"?

We've just signed Gabriel Iglesias.

FAX

Deberg_1990
08-31-2018, 05:20 PM
A half a shit was given.....

OKchiefs
08-31-2018, 05:20 PM
Veach covering his ass for his own failures. As far as I'm concerned Veach gets one more offseason to build up the defense (and to a lesser degree the OL). Defense should be top 10 in 2019 or heads need to roll. You don't get to trade your pro bowl cornerback, use an entire draft class on defense, sign an expensive ILB, and still get away with complete shit on defense.

ptlyon
08-31-2018, 05:22 PM
"Labored disengage"? "Lacks play-making instincts"? "Marginal speed"?

We've just signed Gabriel Iglesias.

FAX

THANK GOD

wazu
Veach covering his ass for his own failures. As far as I'm concerned Veach gets one more offseason to build up the defense (and to a lesser degree the OL). Defense should be top 10 in 2019 or heads need to roll. You don't get to trade your pro bowl cornerback, use an entire draft class on defense, sign an expensive ILB, and still get away with complete shit on defense.

He took over a team without a first round pick, and the owner directing him to immediately trade his best defensive player. I'm thinking he should get more than one more draft to right the ship.

FAX
Uh ... I have a question ...

How are these guys going to learn our somewhat complex defense in a freaking week?

Just curious ...

FAX

RunKC
He had a pick last night.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NFL/status/1035335234424733696

He’s the exact type of player to gamble on. Size, weight, speed and versatility.

Jewish Rabbi
08-31-2018, 05:24 PM

I agree. If Veach can’t build a top 5 offense and a top 10 defense in two years his ass needs fired!

You fucking retard.

Simply Red
08-31-2018, 05:25 PM

How are these guys going to learn our somewhat complex defense in a freaking week?

Just curious ...

FAX

Yeah ain't going to happen - was thinking the same w/ all of these moves. Oh well.

Warrick
08-31-2018, 05:25 PM
A 2016 sixth rounder without any stats, Eric Berry should appreciate this signing. SMH

Sassy Squatch
08-31-2018, 05:26 PM
Veach needs to actually make a worthwhile move soon. Stop bargain shopping. That's what got you into this situation.

FAX
08-31-2018, 05:26 PM
Apparently, Sutton has one of those Matrix tube deals allowing him to jack-in and upload all necessary defensive information directly into their brainpans.

The game has evolved while I was away.

FAX

wazu
08-31-2018, 05:28 PM
I like the approach being taken. We have a problem. We know about it. Rather than do nothing Veach is targeting players who he values but expects other teams to at least be "on the bubble" about. Give them a really late pick, make their decision on who to keep easy, and we get a prospect.

The Franchise
Veach needs to actually make a worthwhile move soon. Stop bargain shopping. That's what got you into this situation.

Like?

OKchiefs
I agree. If Veach can’t build a top 5 offense and a top 10 defense in two years his ass needs fired!

You fucking retard.

How kind

Jewish Rabbi
Like?

OMG ARYCK READ

Sassy Squatch
08-31-2018, 05:29 PM
Like?
Darby. Breeland. Fucking someone that gets tire fires like Amerson off the team.

FAX
08-31-2018, 05:31 PM
All these 7th round picks ... just ... gone.

FAX

ptlyon
08-31-2018, 05:32 PM
Darby. Breeland. ****ing someone that gets tire fires like Amerson off the team.

Terence Trent?

srvy
08-31-2018, 05:33 PM

ROFL

Maybe cool your heel there fella and see how this season transpires.

ptlyon
08-31-2018, 05:34 PM
ROFL

Maybe cool your heel there fella and see how this season transpires.

Season. Over. Over.

Hoover
08-31-2018, 05:35 PM
Newsflash - these guys are not starters, we are aquiring young developmental depth.

KChiefs1
08-31-2018, 05:35 PM
He had a pick last night.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NFL/status/1035335234424733696

He’s the exact type of player to gamble on. Size, weight, speed and versatility.

The announcers couldn’t give a shit.

Sassy Squatch
08-31-2018, 05:36 PM
Newsflash - these guys are not starters, we are aquiring young developmental depth.
Yeah. The problem is we desperately need competent starters in the secondary right now or we aren't going to be competitive this season.

srvy
08-31-2018, 05:37 PM

Just curious ...

FAX

Go with the guys who have been here and slowly work the newbies into the lineup. Its football if they can tackle they already got a leg up.

carcosa
08-31-2018, 05:39 PM
Getting word that if this thread doesn't hit 1000 posts then they will cut Eric Berry and replace him with Jordan Lucas

Sassy Squatch
08-31-2018, 05:40 PM
Getting word that if this thread doesn't hit 1000 posts then they will cut Eric Berry and replace him with Jordan Lucas
If we could wipe his cap hits off the book as well I'd be ecstatic.

Warrick
08-31-2018, 05:41 PM

When the Chiefs have a gaping hole at FS... Fantastic approach.

Rasputin
08-31-2018, 05:42 PM
Season. Over. Over.

Roger.Over

Mecca
08-31-2018, 05:48 PM
When the Chiefs have a gaping hole at FS... Fantastic approach.

You aren't going to find a solid starter in August unless he has some kind of issue like Breeland or Reid...
Posted via Mobile Device

penchief
08-31-2018, 05:50 PM

Dude, Rome wasn't built in a day. Veach is going to be just fine. This team had a shit ton of holes to fill. He spent the entire draft on defense. He must have felt rebuilding the front seven was going to be more impactful than focusing on the secondary first.

Swapping out Peters for Fuller is a wash. Peters may have the best ball skills in the NFL but Fuller is smarter, more consistent, has excellent cover skills, and is a better all-round football player. I loved Peters as much as anyone but he turned out to an asshole, a locker room cancer, and half a football player (half brilliant, half pathetic).

Go ahead and bash Veach for believing that Amerson would work out but saying that he is trying to cover his ass is implying that he failed. It is way too soon to make that judgment. If there is one thing we know about his approach to building a roster, it is that he will employ any means possible. Finding ways to snag players who wouldn't make it to us on waivers is just another one of those means.

Low level trades that have the potential to upgrade position groups are low risk propositions with a chance of hitting on a young player. Relax and enjoy the ride.

ROYC75
08-31-2018, 05:53 PM
He took over a team without a first round pick, and the owner directing him to immediately trade his best defensive player. I'm thinking he should get more than one more draft to right the ship.

Yep, in a very to tough spot to start off with.

pugsnotdrugs19
08-31-2018, 05:55 PM
Can’t wait for the thread about the Raiders trading away Khalil Mack...

ROYC75
08-31-2018, 05:58 PM

Ya know, they have crazy meds for stuff like this!

Prozac,Ritalin, etc.

Takes time, especially since your 1's are gone for a couple of years!

Warrick
08-31-2018, 06:02 PM
You aren't going to find a solid starter in August unless he has some kind of issue like Breeland or Reid...
Posted via Mobile Device

I know that is what scares me, Veach might have made his last move at the safety position this year. The Chiefs meanwhile will be waiting on Sorensen to become healthy again, and he is no prize either.

ROYC75
08-31-2018, 06:03 PM
Dude, Rome wasn't built in a day. Veach is going to be just fine. This team had a shit ton of holes to fill. He spent the entire draft on defense. He must have felt rebuilding the front seven was going to be more impactful than focusing on the secondary first.

Swapping out Peters for Fuller is a wash. Peters may have the best ball skills in the NFL but Fuller is smarter, more consistent, has excellent cover skills, and is a better all-round football player. I loved Peters as much as anyone but he turned out to an asshole, a locker room cancer, and half a football player (half brilliant, half pathetic).

Go ahead and bash Veach for believing that Amerson would work out but saying that he is trying to cover his ass is implying that he failed. It is way too soon to make that judgment. If there is one thing we know about his approach to building a roster, it is that he will employ any means possible. Finding ways to snag players who wouldn't make it to us on waivers is just another one of those means.

Low level trades that have the potential to upgrade position groups are low risk propositions with a chance of hitting on a young player. Relax and enjoy the ride.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Plus developing players that will produce as solid backups can also produce us some higher draft picks through trades someday!

Mecca
08-31-2018, 06:05 PM
I know that is what scares me, Veach might have made his last move at the safety position this year. The Chiefs meanwhile will be waiting on Sorensen to become healthy again, and he is no prize either.

What worries me is that this team valued having a 4th OLB or Houston's replacement in house over fixing the secondary. That's scary when you realize how the game is all passing now.
Posted via Mobile Device

penchief
08-31-2018, 06:07 PM
Remember the good old days when we could draft two corners in the same draft and have them both start in their rookie season and play well (Lewis and Ross)? Or when we could draft two safeties in the same draft and have similar results (Woods and Tongue)? We could use a couple drafts like those again.

On a side note, I've always thought the Chiefs have consistently had great secondary players throughout their history.

Jewish Rabbi
08-31-2018, 06:09 PM
Remember the good old days when we could draft two corners in the same draft and have them both start in their rookie season and play well (Lewis and Ross)? Or when we could draft two safeties in the same draft and have similar results (Woods and Tongue)? We could use a couple drafts like those again.

On a side note, I've always thought the Chiefs have had great secondary player throughout their history.

Or Carr and Flowers

Mecca
08-31-2018, 06:09 PM
Remember the good old days when we could draft two corners in the same draft and have them both start in their rookie season and play well (Lewis and Ross)?

Or when we could draft two safeties in the same draft and have similar results (Woods and Tongue)?

We could use a draft like those again.

Flowers and Carr came from the same draft...

While Woods and tongue weren't bad the Chiefs fucked that up.... lawyer milloy went like 3 picks after Woods and Brian Dawkins went right after tongue...
Posted via Mobile Device

penchief
08-31-2018, 06:12 PM
Flowers and Carr came from the same draft...

While Woods and tongue weren't bad the Chiefs ****ed that up.... lawyer milloy went like 3 picks after Woods and Brian Dawkins went right after tongue...
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, hindsight and all. Milloy and Dawkins would have been historic.

penchief
08-31-2018, 06:12 PM
Or Carr and Flowers

Yep. Another perfect example.

Sassy Squatch
08-31-2018, 06:24 PM
Can’t wait for the thread about the Raiders trading away Khalil Mack...
There's no way that actually happens.

ping2000
08-31-2018, 06:27 PM
Check his feet.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180901/6c19eda41e26cc833e1cd52602a41afe.jpg

pugsnotdrugs19
08-31-2018, 06:30 PM
There's no way that actually happens.

Sounds like it’s really on the table.

Sassy Squatch
08-31-2018, 06:33 PM
Sounds like it’s really on the table.
I know they're asking for 2 1st rounders, but I refuse to believe Jon Gruden could possibly be that dumb.

chiefzilla1501
08-31-2018, 06:33 PM

I disagree. I actually love Veach's idea here. We could either wait one year to draft a 6th rounder who could be a total bust. Or we could right away "draft" a player from another team... a guy who we now have some NFL tape on. Veach isn't trading for these guys as some delusion that these guys will be obvious starters. He's bringing in a bunch of cheap guys with the hope that a few will stick, because who cares if a few of them bust. This is a page out of Dorsey's playbook but I actually love the idea of Veach using draft picks instead.

And honestly, why does our defense need to be great this year? I'd rather let a few cheap guys compete then overpay a DB. There's no need for us to be desperate. We don't HAVE to be champions this year.

wazu
08-31-2018, 06:34 PM
I know they're asking for 2 1st rounders, but I refuse to believe Jon Gruden could possibly be that dumb.

You seem to really believe in the wisdom of Jon Gruden. Rethink that.

Sassy Squatch
08-31-2018, 06:35 PM
You seem to really believe in the wisdom of Jon Gruden. Rethink that.
I never said he was smart. I just don't think he is THAT dumb.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-31-2018, 06:38 PM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/7-20-2016/H3DVvu.gif

chiefzilla1501
08-31-2018, 06:39 PM
Something to keep in mind. Remember our waiver wire haul year 1 under Dorsey? McGrath and JMJ were solid for a short time. Howard and Parker were outstanding pickups. That's the luxury of having the #1 waiver wire pickup. So if the Chiefs don't have the #1 waiver wire option... what do you do? Here's an idea... trade your late picks and pick-up guys you think will be on the top of the Browns' waiver wire list.

Seahawks CB Ron Parker, Seahawks TE Sean McGrath, Seahawks DT Jaye Howard, Browns LB James-Michael Johnson, 49ers CB Marcus Cooper, 49ers WR Chad Hall, Packers LB Dezman Moses.

rabblerouser
08-31-2018, 06:48 PM
http://www.relatably.com/m/img/this-guy-memes/c6b.jpg

Dubitable?

He was the first guy to commit to Penn State after Sandusky scandal.

Recruiter : "Well, we have a long and storied history of...anal rape."

Jordan Lucas : "where do I sign?"

TLO
08-31-2018, 06:49 PM
Dubitable?

LMAO

FAX
08-31-2018, 06:52 PM
Dubitable?

Back in the old days, ChiefsPlanet didn't believe in "guilt by association". That's why they let Mr. Donger stick around.

FAX THE NOSTALGIC

ChiefsCountry
08-31-2018, 06:52 PM

kcchiefsus is the biggest fucking retard.

TwistedChief
08-31-2018, 06:57 PM
Seems like a Veach defensive pick-up. Leadership. Attitude. Okay.

At least we're trying. That's okay by me.

Chiefshrink
08-31-2018, 07:03 PM

Agreed. I would think Veach and the boys are more intense than ever waiting on those who get cut they had on their board to see if as you say "snag a few".

New World Order
08-31-2018, 07:07 PM
Dubitable?

LMAO

wazu
08-31-2018, 07:11 PM
Dubitable?

The man has no fear of anal rape. Just the kind of player we need.

RealSNR
08-31-2018, 07:14 PM
Agreed. I would think Veach and the boys are more intense than ever waiting on those who get cut they had on their board to see if as you say "snag a few".

Don’t you mean Reid and the boys? I thought Andy Reid called all the shots and Veach was just there to do the bitch work?

Fucking dumbass.

Marcellus
08-31-2018, 07:20 PM
What worries me is that this team valued having a 4th OLB or Houston's replacement in house over fixing the secondary. That's scary when you realize how the game is all passing now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Valuing pass rushers over CB is not missing that its a passing league.

Marcellus
08-31-2018, 07:22 PM
Back in the old days, ChiefsPlanet didn't believe in "guilt by association". That's why they let Mr. Donger stick around.

FAX THE NOSTALGIC

That's good shit Mr. FAX.

Mecca
08-31-2018, 07:38 PM
Valuing pass rushers over CB is not missing that its a passing league.

It is a bit when you already have 3 guys for that spot and you have Jack Shit playing CB beyond 1 dude.

Mecca
08-31-2018, 07:40 PM
This move in and of itself isn't bad, guy is probably going to be a solid special teamer/backup nothing wrong with sending a 7 for that.

Problem is this team needs some starters and waiting till now to find them is going to make it really hard. I mean unless somehow they pull a trade or a signing of a guy like Breeland out of their ass and Scandrick can be a passable safety.

MMXcalibur
08-31-2018, 07:58 PM
These secondary moves may work and they might not.

Either way, I'm relieved that the front office is at least TRYING to fix this glaring pustule of a defense instead of kicking their feet up on the desk and saying "I'm sure they'll figure it out...".

kccrow
08-31-2018, 08:05 PM
This move in and of itself isn't bad, guy is probably going to be a solid special teamer/backup nothing wrong with sending a 7 for that.

Problem is this team needs some starters and waiting till now to find them is going to make it really hard. I mean unless somehow they pull a trade or a signing of a guy like Breeland out of their ass and Scandrick can be a passable safety.

I read a bunch of stuff about Veach needing to trade for a starter on twitter and reddit and what not after this move was made. You're correct, it's almost impossible to do that at this point. It was borderline laughable reading 99% of the comments. This is a solid move to try and improve the depth and competition at safety. I liked this kid in college, but he hasn't had the chance to start in Miami because they are stacked at the position. He's been really solid on special teams. With McQuay looking absolutely lost out there and Stearns not showing much, can't fault the move whatsoever.

MMXcalibur
08-31-2018, 08:10 PM
I read a bunch of stuff about Veach needing to trade for a starter on twitter and reddit and what not after this move was made. You're correct, it's almost impossible to do that at this point. It was borderline laughable reading 99% of the comments. This is a solid move to try and improve the depth and competition at safety. I liked this kid in college, but he hasn't had the chance to start in Miami because they are stacked at the position. He's been really solid on special teams. With McQuay looking absolutely lost out there and Stearns not showing much, can't fault the move whatsoever.

Unless the Chiefs plan on going bonkers to get Earl Thomas, there are no more starters to be had out there. The Chiefs are looking for diamonds in the rough.

smithandrew051
08-31-2018, 08:14 PM
It is a bit when you already have 3 guys for that spot and you have Jack Shit playing CB beyond 1 dude.

We need more CBs, but you can never have too many pass rushers.

We’ve been stuck with at least one brick dick at OLB for the last several years. When you lack depth at OLB, you end up with fucking Zombo starting a playoff game and getting blown up by a QB with the game on the line.

FAX
08-31-2018, 08:18 PM
There is time yet to despair, Planeteers ... the season hasn't even started.

If we aspire to objectivity, we must admit that this year is sort of a semi-rebuild. Not a start-from-scratch one, but one of those partial deals. Any reasonable person has to admit that we're stacked on offense (with some existential growing pains ahead) and thin on D. We remember the days of prime DJ and Hali and Fiddy and Berry and we're a tad unaccustomed to this kind of thing.

But if you want to construct a team that's stable and consistently great, you have to start somewhere and we're off to a New Beginning. I surmise that Veachy is thinking ahead at least 1 year ... and likely 3 or 4. I hope he is. The fact is that Dorsey threw a cap bomb under Veach's desk when he left and we have to live with the damage for awhile.

Thankfully, with the new "play nice defense" rules, we have the edge this season anyhow.

Get your PI flags ready, NFL. We're coming for the crown.

FAX

pugsnotdrugs19
08-31-2018, 08:20 PM
https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1035708937113403399?s=21

Sounds like Mack gets traded to me

penchief
08-31-2018, 08:26 PM
...brick dick...

ROFL

RunKC
08-31-2018, 08:31 PM

I think they feel good about Berry and Watts. They felt good about Sorenson but he’s hurt. Murray is not a starter IMO and McQuay has not looked good.

Remember the Chiefs have 3 safeties on the field over half the time. I think it’s a real possibility that this guy will see time on the field once he is ready and understands the defense.

RunKC
08-31-2018, 08:35 PM
https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1035708937113403399?s=21

Sounds like Mack gets traded to me

Dorsey is going after him.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1035660030991851520

Pitt Gorilla
08-31-2018, 09:47 PM
Terence Trent?He'd have to...sign his name..

Pitt Gorilla
08-31-2018, 09:50 PM

Low level trades that have the potential to upgrade position groups are low risk propositions with a chance of hitting on a young player. Relax and enjoy the ride.Veach created his own problem when he traded Peters for nothing. THAT is on him. Signing Amerson was a stupid move that only made the problem worse. Literally no need to defend any of this idiocy.

carcosa
08-31-2018, 10:03 PM

If we aspire to objectivity, we must admit that this year is sort of a semi-rebuild. Not a start-from-scratch one, but one of those partial deals. Any reasonable person has to admit that we're stacked on offense (with some existential growing pains ahead) and thin on D. We remember the days of prime DJ and Hali and Fiddy and Berry and we're a tad unaccustomed to this kind of thing.

But if you want to construct a team that's stable and consistently great, you have to start somewhere and we're off to a New Beginning. I surmise that Veachy is thinking ahead at least 1 year ... and likely 3 or 4. I hope he is. The fact is that Dorsey threw a cap bomb under Veach's desk when he left and we have to live with the damage for awhile.

Thankfully, with the new "play nice defense" rules, we have the edge this season anyhow.

FAX
YASSSSS kween!

SuperBowl4
08-31-2018, 10:20 PM
Dolphins are in Florida

Disney is in Florida

We're going to DISNEY LAND! PBJIt's HURRICANE season in FLORIDA!

penchief
09-01-2018, 02:13 AM
Veach created his own problem when he traded Peters for nothing. THAT is on him. Signing Amerson was a stupid move that only made the problem worse. Literally no need to defend any of this idiocy.

Veach traded Peters for the best deal he could get. It's as simple as that. Once the decision was made that his time with the chiefs was doing more harm than good, the only option was to salvage what we could out of the deal. I loved Peters as much as anyone but he was becoming a real problem both on the field and in the locker room.

The choice to draft Peters deserves as much, or more, criticism as the decision to trade him for what the market would bear. We took a chance on a rare talent hoping a leopard would change its spots. It didn't. His character flaws are the reason we were able to buy low, but also the reason we had to sell low.

I have no problem with criticizing Veach over Amerson. But when it comes to Peters I'm not defending idiocy, I'm defending common sense.

Baby Lee
09-01-2018, 03:35 AM
The choice to draft Peters deserves as much, or more, criticism as the decision to trade him for what the market would bear. We took a chance on a rare talent hoping a leopard would change its spots. It didn't. His character flaws are the reason we were able to buy low, but also the reason we had to sell low.

Proof if you stick around long enough, everything possible in the universe happens.

I agree with penchief!!

Peters was an organizational failure. If you draft a malcontent with prodigious talent, it's then on you to either make him content or extract value back out of the decision.

If Peters were capable of being tamed, and they simply failed to do so. That's one kind of failure. If Peters were incapable of being tamed and they drafted him anyway, that's a different kind of failure. In either instance, the failure belongs to the franchise.

penchief
09-01-2018, 04:01 AM
Proof if you stick around long enough, everything possible in the universe happens.

LMAO

Nickhead
09-01-2018, 04:07 AM

FAX

this is a: we are going to get over dorsey's lack of salary cap management year ROFL :D

Chargem
09-01-2018, 04:51 AM
I think Dorian O' Daniel was known as a good coverage hybrid LB/Safety guy, would take some pressure off the safety group if that was the case, although I don't think his coverage has been amazing in the preseason.

Couch-Potato
09-01-2018, 07:55 AM
"A sixth-rounder in 2016, Lucas will net a seventh-round pick in 2019 for the Dolphins."

Skyy God
09-01-2018, 08:44 AM
Veach created his own problem when he traded Peters for nothing. THAT is on him. Signing Amerson was a stupid move that only made the problem worse. Literally no need to defend any of this idiocy.

Veach has marching orders, just as Dorsey did in re-signing Berry.

TEX
09-01-2018, 08:48 AM

FAX

Agreed. Except all the stackibg on offense will not matter with the unstacked OL. LG in particular is a huge problem, made worse by its proximity to our LT and to our Center who gets his _hit pushed in far to often... This year the OL needs to be better than serviceable b/c its protecting our QBOTF.

oldman
09-01-2018, 09:10 AM
"A sixth-rounder in 2016, Lucas will net a seventh-round pick in 2019 for the Dolphins."

If this is the case, I really don't have a problem with this trade. We need secondary help TODAY, not in 2019. I don't see a whole lot of difference in a 7th rounder versus an UDFA. At least you have some NFL film on Lucas.

Chris Meck
09-01-2018, 11:48 AM

Fuller is the direct replacement for Peters. If Peters is so great, why didn't anyone want to offer more for him? He's a great cover corner and an INT machine, but doesn't tackle and is a locker room cancer. I understand fully letting him go, especially when your second year QB is now the team leader. You don't need distractions like that.

If healthy-and that's a big IF- we have an excellent to star level player at each level of the defense. They should be at least "OKAY". Another stud CB and it could be elite. Health will be an issue, and I agree that signing Watkins was a head-scratcher, but let's see how it plays out.

Dante84
10-07-2018, 03:17 PM
Niiiiice

ChiefGator
10-07-2018, 03:17 PM
Man, I had to google this guy in the middle of the game.. I was like, "Damn.. who is this Lucas?"

carcosa
10-07-2018, 03:19 PM

GAMR CHAMGER????

Called it!

NJChiefsFan
10-07-2018, 04:28 PM
To the ship?

You called it!

Direckshun
01-13-2019, 10:44 AM

GAMR CHAMGER????

Turns out, it was a literal game changer.

Mark one down for Veach.

carcosa
01-13-2019, 10:46 AM
Turns out, it was a literal game changer.

Mark one down for Veach.

Hell yeah!!!!

Dr. Yu Weed Tard
01-13-2019, 10:49 AM
The Spirit is always strong with Lucas.

Iconic
01-13-2019, 10:49 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> safety and all-around good guy Jordan Lucas tells <a href="https://twitter.com/KCTVDani?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KCTVDani</a> he&#39;s having a baby soon. You&#39;ll never believe the due date: <a href="https://t.co/ee7lS3Aj6I">pic.twitter.com/ee7lS3Aj6I</a></p>&mdash; Tom Martin (@TomKCTV5) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomKCTV5/status/1083475352977051650?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 10, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

With this kind of commitment he legit deserves to start if we make it to the SB

Direckshun
01-13-2019, 10:53 AM
Dare I even suggest this team brings Berry back from the dead, our safety squad is going to be looking pretty good for 2019:

Berry
Lucas
Watts
Sorensen
Murray

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
01-13-2019, 10:55 AM
Sorensen is doing so much better

JakeF
01-13-2019, 11:20 AM
I'm not sure why it took so long to get Lucas on the field. He showed something the first time he hit the field but was left on the bench for weeks before getting a real shot.

In58men
01-13-2019, 11:24 AM
Something happened to this team this past week.

It’s like they played vanilla intentionally all season.

staylor26
01-13-2019, 11:33 AM
Something happened to this team this past week.

It’s like they played vanilla intentionally all season.

I think it’s what Houston talked about.

At the start of the year we had a lot of new players, some picked up during/after TC, and the communication wasn’t there. Now they’re communicating and everybody is on the same page.

Ward has been a big factor obviously.

Fuller is playing great.

Hitchens and even Ragland are both playing better.

Dirty Dan shook the rust off and is in mid season form.

The pass rush as a whole has gotten a little better too.

Iconic
01-13-2019, 11:59 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Eric Berry is missed on the field but Jordan Lucas has done well - and showed some leadership credentials after Steven Nelson&#39;s dropped INT: <a href="https://t.co/olEuToqOiz">pic.twitter.com/olEuToqOiz</a></p>&mdash; Tom Martin (@TomKCTV5) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomKCTV5/status/1084508105331929088?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 13, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RINGLEADER
01-13-2019, 12:04 PM
Sorensen is doing so much better

It’s like Sutton realized that he should get the players to do what they do best rather than what he thinks they should do but couldn’t...