PDA

View Full Version : Football Sack numbers

dlphg9
09-01-2018, 11:01 AM
With the stupid new rules that make hitting a QB too hard a penalty, what will it do to the number of sacks league wide? Will we see a massive decrease in the number sacks? I think the numbers will down significantly. I think numerous sacks will be taken away due to it being a penalty. I also think pass rushers will be hesitant to hit a QB out of fear of getting a drive extending penalty in addition to a possible fine. This is one of the worst rule changes in a long time. Also the new penalty about lowering your head. I have no doubt that this will be incorrectly and inconsistently called.

KChiefs1
09-01-2018, 11:29 AM
Soon QB’s will be wearing flags to avoid injuries.

We’ve entered the pussy era in football. Football is under attack & soon it will be much like flag football. Football is nothing like it was in the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s & 90’s.

If it wasn’t for Mahomes I could take it or leave it.

Best22
09-01-2018, 11:29 AM
Well, if the NFL actually makes this a new policy, I'll be done with the NFL

I assume they'll loosen up on it when the season starts...

WhiteWhale
09-01-2018, 11:31 AM
Players will adjust.

KChiefs1
09-01-2018, 11:43 AM
Well, if the NFL actually makes this a new policy, I'll be done with the NFL

I assume they'll loosen up on it when the season starts...

They’d better if they want to keep me interested. This preseason was god awful to watch. If the regular season is like that...I’m done.

I hope the XFL isn’t run by a bunch of pansy asses.

dlphg9
09-01-2018, 11:44 AM
Players will adjust.

I know this isn't the first time a rule has been added that decreases the physicality, but this rule is so far in the gray and the interpretation of it will be so different between refs. The players will have to adapt, but those adaptations are going to lead to a significant decrease in sack numbers.

KChiefs1
09-01-2018, 11:45 AM
Players will adjust.

15 yard penalties on QB sacks...they’ll have to.

Pointer19
09-01-2018, 01:37 PM
That Kpass sack that got taken away was beautiful. If we lose that kind of action, football is going to quickly get boring.

scho63
09-01-2018, 02:15 PM
That Kpass sack that got taken away was beautiful. If we lose that kind of action, football is going to quickly get boring.

Couldn't agree more. That was a PERFECT sack destroyed by today's PC NFL douchenozzles. :rolleyes:

dlphg9
09-01-2018, 02:26 PM
Couldn't agree more. That was a PERFECT sack destroyed by today's PC NFL douchenozzles. :rolleyes:

:drool:

GloryDayz
09-01-2018, 11:01 PM
Gee another anti-defense rule. Color me shocked!

I'll say again, the defense needs their own union.

Sent from my 9+ using Tapatalk

Kyle DeLexus
09-02-2018, 12:00 AM

I had to watch in slow motion at one specific angle to finally say "I guess I can see what they called."

QB should just be 2 hand touch below the waist and we are golden. We could also have games where if one team has a way better QB, he can just be all-time QB to even things out. Maybe we can do spaces or laces instead of a coin toss?

AssEaterChief
09-02-2018, 01:07 AM
With the stupid new rules that make hitting a QB too hard a penalty, what will it do to the number of sacks league wide? Will we see a massive decrease in the number sacks? I think the numbers will down significantly. I think numerous sacks will be taken away due to it being a penalty. I also think pass rushers will be hesitant to hit a QB out of fear of getting a drive extending penalty in addition to a possible fine. This is one of the worst rule changes in a long time. Also the new penalty about lowering your head. I have no doubt that this will be incorrectly and inconsistently called.

I don't think it will change much because overall offensive line play is bad. There will be plenty of opportunities in a league that loves to pass.

kccrow
09-02-2018, 01:27 AM
It's going to be alot harder to hit a QB. Defenders already cannot hit at or below the knee and can't hit up around the head or neck. The region they are left with leaves them to drive through the player to bring him down. Landing on the player is almost inevitable. I can see pile driving the guy, but hits like Kpass' should not be included. They basically want defenders to grab a QB around the waist and twist and roll him down. That's a tall task. I think the penalties are going to pile up this year and it's going to be an easy tool for refs to change outcomes. Not a fan.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-02-2018, 02:22 AM
I'd honestly be done if it wasn't for Mahomes. A few years ago I basically watched games noon till 10pm burning a hole in the controller flipping through on Sunday ticket.. Now I'll be watch the Chiefs and that's basically it other than laughing at Denver's pitiful roster a few times. Between practice time being limited causing horrible play, subjective officiating, and terrible new rules every year that are NEVER called consistently...my interest dwindles every year.