PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Gladiator 2018 - Round 4, Match 3 - cdcox versus wazu

Rain Man
09-05-2018, 11:04 AM
We're down to the Elite Eight - the toughest and/or luckiest warriors on the planet.

Vote for the person that you think would win this match in a battle to death or submission. As background, assume that prior to the tournament you received 10 minutes of training on every weapon. The time listed is the amount of time before the match where you learn what the weaponry and venue is. All participants are handed their weapons at t=0 unless stated otherwise.

Venue - 25 feet up two separate pine trees five feet apart with two agitated Grizzly Bears below, one looking up each tree from the base
Starting Distance - 5 feet

cdcox

Main Weapon - high-powered squirtgun filled with ammonia
Backup Weapon - high-powered squirtgun filled with ammonia

Prep Time - 12 Minutes
Special Factors - None

wazu

Main Weapon - Police baton
Backup Weapon - 2 boomerangs, one heavy and one bladed, and a handful of salt

Prep Time - 5 Minutes
Special Factors - None

kysirsoze
09-05-2018, 11:10 AM
My God. They're both dead. Thing is, if cdcox uses his ammonia I think it will either piss off or arouse both bears. Either way he's fucked. Also, can't grizzlies climb?

Wazu at least has actual weapons. If the bears climb, Wazu holds his off longer before dying, therefore becoming the winner. I say they wait it out, bears lose interest, they climb down, and Wazu commits murder.

TLO
09-05-2018, 11:10 AM
I really wish "pocket sand" was the weapon here instead of "a handful of salt"

TLO
09-05-2018, 11:11 AM
My God. They're both dead. Thing is, if cdcox uses his ammonia I think it will either piss off or arouse both bears. Either way he's ****ed. Also, can't grizzlies climb?

Wazu at least has actual weapons. If the bears climb, Wazu holds his off longer before dying, therefore becoming the winner. I say they wait it out, bears lose interest, they climb down, and Wazu commits murder.

cdcox is going double fisted with his ammonia blasters!

kysirsoze
09-05-2018, 11:12 AM
cdcox is going double fisted with his ammonia blasters!

He might as well be double fishing fresh caught salmon all the good it'll do him.

Rain Man
09-05-2018, 11:35 AM
He might as well be double fishing fresh caught salmon all the good it'll do him.

I presume that you hold the theory that ammonia won't dissuade the bear?

Renegade
09-05-2018, 11:44 AM
How are the combatants on the pine trees? Are they on branches? Do they have lumberjack gear on them? What is the diameter of the trees, I guessing at least 6 foot.

DJ's left nut
09-05-2018, 11:44 AM
Are the trunks somehow 5 feet apart or are the tips of the longest branches 5 feet apart?

Rain Man
09-05-2018, 11:50 AM
How are the combatants on the pine trees? Are they on branches? Do they have lumberjack gear on them? What is the diameter of the trees, I guessing at least 6 foot.

Are the trunks somehow 5 feet apart or are the tips of the longest branches 5 feet apart?

We may assume that they're standing on branches, and that the trunks are five feet apart. But they're those pine trees with relatively small branches so you can't just walk from one tree to the other. Perhaps you can jump and grab a branch, though.

DJ's left nut
09-05-2018, 11:51 AM
We may assume that they're standing on branches, and that the trunks are five feet apart. But they're those pine trees with relatively small branches so you can't just walk from one tree to the other. Perhaps you can jump and grab a branch, though.

So are they presently standing in the crotch of their respective trees, then?

How are they situated at T=0.

Buehler445
09-05-2018, 11:57 AM
Wazu. He can jump over the 5 feet and use his actual weapons.

If they aren’t bear bait first.

wazu
09-05-2018, 11:58 AM
He has irritants. I have weapons. The blades boomerang alone should shed enough blood to get the bear hustling up cdcox’s tree. I know he has the squirt gun and so will protect my face. His feeble squirting of Windex will at best douse my clothes and tree and ensure my bear has no interest.

DJ's left nut
09-05-2018, 12:04 PM
Concentrated ammonia will burn the shit out of you, Mr. Wazu. If you get doused in that stuff, you're pretty much going to go to ground screaming in agony as you crash through the branches.

You ever see Fight Club? That burn on the hand scene would likely be duplicated over a massive percentage of your body. That 'irritation' would probably put you into shock and kill you, even if the bears decide that you smell too vinegary...

kysirsoze
09-05-2018, 12:04 PM
I presume that you hold the theory that ammonia won't dissuade the bear?

They make special mace to deter bears. If regular mace won't do the trick, ammonia sure as hell won't.

kysirsoze
09-05-2018, 12:06 PM
Concentrated ammonia will burn the shit out of you, Mr. Wazu. If you get doused in that stuff, you're pretty much going to go to ground screaming in agony as you crash through the branches.

You ever see Fight Club? That burn on the hand scene would likely be duplicated over a massive percentage of your body. That 'irritation' would probably put you into shock and kill you, even if the bears decide that you smell too vinegary...

Pretty sure it's been established in earlier rounds that this is regular household ammonia.

Otter
09-05-2018, 12:25 PM
How are the combatants on the pine trees? Are they on branches? Do they have lumberjack gear on them? What is the diameter of the trees, I guessing at least 6 foot. Are you the guy I wanted to whip my pop corn at when watching Ant Man who wouldnt be quiet because it wasn't realistc enogh?

You're the reason people don't go to theaters.

Rain Man
09-05-2018, 01:26 PM
So are they presently standing in the crotch of their respective trees, then?

How are they situated at T=0.

I'm envisioning that they're standing on solid branches in these two trees, but the trees are closer together.

https://img.geocaching.com/cache/large/50e066f0-4a2c-47bd-8d80-00382894d06a.jpg

TLO
09-05-2018, 06:49 PM
Bump. Don't want this falling off the first page.

Renegade
09-05-2018, 08:14 PM
Are you the guy I wanted to whip my pop corn at when watching Ant Man who wouldnt be quiet because it wasn't realistc enogh?

You're the reason people don't go to theaters.

Not me. This will be a close battle. I wanted someone to swing my vote before I voted.

Rain Man
09-07-2018, 10:27 PM
Lesson learned: even double-barreled ammonia won't hold off an agitated grizzly bear. wazu moves to Round 5 and the final four.