PDA

View Full Version : Football Raiders are still having problems

Chief Roundup
09-05-2018, 08:48 PM
The Raiders continue to have issues. If they thought it would end after the historically bad cut down day that included the horrible trade of Mack, cutting a player that they had just gave up a 3rd round pick for, cutting both of their backup QBs only to give up a 5th round draft pick that doesn't know the system and had a horrible preseason.
Now the Raiders may have to find another venue to have their games in 2019.

https://clutchpoints.com/raiders-could-leave-oakland-for-las-vegas-earlier-than-expected/

The Raiders were all set to begin their first season in Vegas in 2020, but a lawsuit being filed by the city of Oakland may leave the team without a home for the entirety of the 2019 season. According to the San Francisco Chronicle, Oakland’s city council is working on filing an anti-trust lawsuit against both the team and the NFL that will go public in a few days.

The Raiders will become the second California-based NFL franchise to relocate in the past two seasons. The San Diego Chargers relocated to become the Los Angeles Chargers just last season.

The Raiders are currently on a year-to-year lease with the Oakland Alameda County Coliseum. Scott McKibben, the facility’s Executive Director, has reportedly agreed to not grant the Raiders a lease extension if this anti-trust lawsuit is filed.

From Curtis Crabtree of NBC Sports:

“They told me we might as well take the contract and rip it up,” McKibben said.

The city of Oakland will be working with three law firms to put together a case for this massive suit. The projected damages from losing their NFL team could be worth as much as $500 million. While the team deals with this conundrum and seeks out possible venues for the 2019 season, their $1.8 billion stadium will be being constructed in Paradise, Nevada. It will serve as a home for the Raiders and the UNLV football team.

kcpasco
09-05-2018, 08:53 PM
Let me try and muster up some sympathy. Nope, couldn’t have happened to a better franchise.

Sassy Squatch
09-05-2018, 08:55 PM
Fuck yeah. Might as well fuck them in the ass for 1 year after they went in dry on your city.

Mephistopheles Janx
09-05-2018, 08:59 PM
Worst case scenario the NFL houses them "rent free" at the recently renovated Tom Benson HoF stadium. Half the capacity/tickets to sell but they wouldn't have to seek outside stadiums/fields to host the team for the season.

Discuss Thrower
09-05-2018, 09:00 PM
Davis Family: Build us a new stadium or we leave.

City of Oakland: Nah fuck that shit.

Davis Family: Aight well, we're leaving.

City of Oakland: The fuck you are..

Chief Roundup
09-05-2018, 09:02 PM
Davis Family: Build us a new stadium or we leave.

City of Oakland: Nah fuck that shit.

Davis Family: Aight well, we're leaving.

City of Oakland: Get the fuck out and you are going to give us $500M on your way out biatch...

fyp

RealSNR
09-05-2018, 09:05 PM
Heard nobody's using San Diego's stadium these days...

rabblerouser
09-05-2018, 09:11 PM
Heard nobody's using San Diego's stadium these days...

**** that, they can just go to hell. Where they belong.

WhawhaWhat
09-05-2018, 09:15 PM
Maybe they end up in Vegas a year early then?

Discuss Thrower
09-05-2018, 09:18 PM
fyp

You're right, of course, but my way is funnier.

Chief Roundup
09-05-2018, 09:19 PM
Maybe they end up in Vegas a year early then?

Stadium will not be done in time for that.

threebag
09-05-2018, 09:24 PM
They should have to forfeit home games

GloucesterChief
09-05-2018, 09:33 PM
Not sure how anyone can be a fan of the Davis family run team. They have shown that they are more than willing to fuck over their fans if it means getting a bigger payday somewhere else.

ModSocks
09-05-2018, 09:46 PM
If there is a god, this will happen.

Rain Man
09-05-2018, 09:47 PM
They should barnstorm across the country, playing in local parks for free during their home games.

FAX
09-05-2018, 09:56 PM
Oakland's city fathers (and mamas) have had enough. Won't let them play in their sewer trench no mo unless they slap 500 bigs on them.

Can't say as I blame them, really.

FAX

Why Not?
09-06-2018, 04:09 AM
I guess they'd go to San Diego or go play in shitty Sam Boyd Stadium in Vegas a year early. The Vikings played a season on the Golden Gophers turf if I recall correctly.

rabblerouser
09-06-2018, 04:39 AM
They should have to forfeit home games

Agreed. Fuck them, make them forfeit the entire fucking franchise.

Send them to the CFL. FUCK THE RAIDERS.

rabblerouser
09-06-2018, 04:41 AM
Not sure how anyone can be a fan of the Davis family run team. They have shown that they are more than willing to **** over their fans if it means getting a bigger payday somewhere else.

I've come to the conclusion that Raider fans aren't actually 'football fans', per se...just mostly crackheads with a preference.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
09-06-2018, 06:09 AM
They could play all 8 of their home games in Mexico City, they'd fit right in with the banditos down there!

Monkey God
09-06-2018, 06:09 AM
Stadium will not be done in time for that.

Hey the Titans played at Vandy for one season while their stadium was being built a the whole Memphis thing didn't work. Chargers are playing at the Hub waiting for their stadium, and as mentioned the Vikings payed at the U of Minnesota for a season, so I could see them playing one year at UNLV's place if they had to. Oh yeah the Bears played at U of Illinois for two seasons when Soldier Field was being renovated.

smithandrew051
09-06-2018, 07:29 AM
Hey the Titans played at Vandy for one season while their stadium was being built a the whole Memphis thing didn't work. Chargers are playing at the Hub waiting for their stadium, and as mentioned the Vikings payed at the U of Minnesota for a season, so I could see them playing one year at UNLV's place if they had to. Oh yeah the Bears played at U of Illinois for two seasons when Soldier Field was being renovated.

Didn’t the Cardinals play at Arizona State while the giant toaster was being built?

KChiefs1
09-06-2018, 08:21 AM
I guess they'd go to San Diego or go play in shitty Sam Boyd Stadium in Vegas a year early. The Vikings played a season on the Golden Gophers turf if I recall correctly.

That would be interesting.

Why Not?
09-06-2018, 08:45 AM
Didn’t the Cardinals play at Arizona State while the giant toaster was being built?

Well yes, but for years Sun Devil Stadium was shared by ASU and the Cardinals. It wasn't a go play there for a year or two thing.

Chief Pagan
09-06-2018, 02:52 PM
I thought I had read somewhere where the NFL had said that the LV university stadium could not be used by the Raiders because of concerns over security or locker rooms or some such. I suppose the NFL could always change it's mind.

They could ask to play one season in Levi's stadium. That would be a hoot.

Buehler445
09-06-2018, 02:53 PM
They earned it.

Halfcan
09-06-2018, 02:56 PM
It is going to be fun beating them twice this year.

MTG#10
09-06-2018, 03:33 PM
The Raiders continue to have issues. If they thought it would end after the historically bad cut down day that included the horrible trade of Mack

That wasn't a horrible trade at all. They got two 1's and dont have to take an insane cap hit on a new contract only a QB is worth. I wish we would have done the same with Houston and Berry...and Berry is my 2nd all-time favorite Chief.

Chief Roundup
09-06-2018, 04:37 PM
That wasn't a horrible trade at all. They got two 1's and dont have to take an insane cap hit on a new contract only a QB is worth. I wish we would have done the same with Houston and Berry...and Berry is my 2nd all-time favorite Chief.

They also gave up a 2cd round pick and a conditional 5th or 6th.

MTG#10
09-06-2018, 04:42 PM
They also gave up a 2cd round pick and a conditional 5th or 6th.

I didn't hear about that.

Raiders are gonna Raider I guess...

rabblerouser
09-06-2018, 08:19 PM

Packers played games in Milwaukee while Lambeau was being renovated.

Discuss Thrower
09-06-2018, 09:27 PM
Packers played games in Milwaukee while Lambeau was being renovated.

They actually scheduled a handful of regular season games there in addition t Lambeau.

Flying High D
09-06-2018, 10:07 PM
It would be challenging to be a Raider fans during these unsettling times.