PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV What's your favorite Burt Reynolds movie?

Rain Man
09-07-2018, 12:19 AM
Poll coming soon, in a black Trans Am with a big eagle on it.

Rain Man
09-07-2018, 12:29 AM
I was pretty young when he was in his heyday, but liked his movies.

I pretty much have to vote for Smokey and the Bandit, because it was an iconic movie for the era, and very entertaining. However, Hooper had one of the all-time great movie lines in it. There was some scene where he and his buddies were surrounded by a bunch of thugs in a bar. Burt counted people up and said something like, "There's eight of you and three of us. This isn't fair. You should go back and get more people." That's a great line.

White Lightning also awakened my teenage soul with a semi-racy scene that I still vaguely remember. And Cannonball Run was a fun movie, mostly because of the women in the supercar. Rowr.

Boogie Nights was a very good movie, but it wasn't Burt's best role. The Longest Yard is also a classic.

But I have to go with Smokey and the Bandit.

suzzer99
09-07-2018, 12:36 AM
Gotta go with Smokey even though Boogie Nights is like my second favorite movie ever. Smokey was all Burt and was my favorite movie for many years as a kid. I watched it again recently and still was very entertained. Jackie Gleason as a Southern sheriff was genius casting.

eDave
09-07-2018, 12:36 AM
Every Which Way But Loose.

But seriously, Smokey. It and he personified the 70's right there. However, I'll watch Deliverance over Smokey if given the choice.

So, I dunno.

Demonpenz
09-07-2018, 12:37 AM
I like boogie nights and pulp fiction because him and travolta bounced back hard into fame.

Buns
09-07-2018, 12:56 AM
I voted for Boogie Nights. I've never seen Smokey, but I should. He was good in Longest Yard. No love for Rent-A-Cop?

Bugeater
09-07-2018, 01:11 AM
I voted for Boogie Nights. I've never seen Smokey, but I should. He was good in Longest Yard. No love for Rent-A-Cop?WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Bugeater
09-07-2018, 01:13 AM
Anyway, Smokey and the Bandit is my clear cut #1. Boogie Nights was a better movie, but he didn't really play a lead role in it.

Bugeater
09-07-2018, 01:23 AM
However, Cannonball Run had the greatest opening ever.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_2c2WUlEK0A" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sully1983
09-07-2018, 02:05 AM
Boogie Nights or Deliverance for me (went with Boogie Nights cause his character was such a pimp in that one) . RIP to Burt

SCTrojan
09-07-2018, 03:00 AM
For me, it’s a toss up between Smokey and the Bandit and Hooper. Gonna go with Hooper, but not by much.

RippedmyFlesh
09-07-2018, 03:12 AM
Come on no Longest yard love???

Police Officer: Why'd you drive her car into the bay?

Paul Crewe: Couldn't find a car wash.

My fav line in that movie was

Paul Crewe: The most important thing to remember is: to protect your quarterback - ME!

And only Bert Reynolds makes that line as funny as it is. No one else had the chops.

RIP

RippedmyFlesh
09-07-2018, 03:26 AM
One last thing about how cool Bert Reynolds was

Georgia State Penitentiary prisoner Harold Morris, who had been wrongly convicted of murder and was later given a full pardon, had a part in the film as an extra. In his book "Twice Pardoned", he recalled some moments with Burt Reynolds:

Although prison officials strongly discouraged it, Reynolds often sat with the prisoners during meal breaks and socialized with them.

A photographer on the set offered to take souvenir photographs of the prisoners individually posing with Reynolds. Many of the prisoners had no money, but Reynolds told the photographer to take all the pictures they prisoners wanted and he (Reynolds) would pay for them.

One of the prisoners asked Reynolds where he lived. Reynolds told him he had homes in Florida and California. The prisoner then asked for his address and when Reynolds asked why, the prisoner explained a) he was a career criminal about to finally get out of prison, and b) after a life spent stealing from people who didn't have money, he wanted to finally burglarize someone who had money.

Reynolds and Morris struck up a friendship during the filming, and at the end Reynolds sent personalized, autograph photos to several of Morris' relatives. He also gave Morris a Book of the Month club membership.

Deberg_1990
09-07-2018, 05:10 AM
Probably The Longest Yard...

but Deliverance, Sharkeys Machine, Smokey and the Bandit, Hooper get some votes too.

RedRaider56
09-07-2018, 05:21 AM
Had to vote for Sharkey's machine. Bandit is a close second followed by The Longest Yard for 3rd place.

Garcia Bronco
09-07-2018, 05:26 AM
I take this hat off for one thing and one thing only.

cooper barrett
09-07-2018, 05:30 AM
I never was that much of a BR fan but Hooper was probably the one that comes to mind as my favorite.

[IMG]https://i.pinimg.com/736x/07/56/78/075678abc6a1c67fb7ba18188e86958c--burt-reynolds-sally-fields.jpg/IMG]

I am in awe of the man just thinking of some of the pussy he got to tap over the years. ( Just imagine Sally Fields in 1978 which may have been her prime.)I wonder what he was plugging during the last few years of his life. Even looking frail and being broke, it was probably a couple of rungs above my best and I've tapped some fine pussy over my years.

Baby Lee
09-07-2018, 05:45 AM
However, Cannonball Run had the greatest opening ever.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_2c2WUlEK0A" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Even made Ray Stevens sound cool. All due to that sweet-assed V-12.

Best sounding street legal motor ever until the Pagani came along.

Hal Needham made always made the genius choice to use model accurate engine sounds for car scenes, and not monkey around with framing or film speed to make it artificially exciting. Let the performance of the machinery stand as its own art.

Old Dog
09-07-2018, 06:08 AM
Longest Yard narrowly over Smokey for me

Fishpicker
09-07-2018, 06:51 AM
Boogie Nights

it's a real film, Jack

Lzen
09-07-2018, 07:06 AM
I was pretty young when he was in his heyday, but liked his movies.

I pretty much have to vote for Smokey and the Bandit, because it was an iconic movie for the era, and very entertaining. However, Hooper had one of the all-time great movie lines in it. There was some scene where he and his buddies were surrounded by a bunch of thugs in a bar. Burt counted people up and said something like, "There's eight of you and three of us. This isn't fair. You should go back and get more people." That's a great line.

White Lightning also awakened my teenage soul with a semi-racy scene that I still vaguely remember. And Cannonball Run was a fun movie, mostly because of the women in the supercar. Rowr.

Boogie Nights was a very good movie, but it wasn't Burt's best role. The Longest Yard is also a classic.

But I have to go with Smokey and the Bandit.

Smokey And The Bandit and Hooper are my two favorite Burt Reynolds movies. I, too, loved lines like that in Hooper. Cannonball Run is not far behind.

redfan
09-07-2018, 07:10 AM
I saw Hooper at the Twin drive-in as a lad. I disliked Robert Klein for years because of that flick.

Baby Lee
09-07-2018, 07:30 AM
Used to get such joy from the end credit bloopers. This time I realized, . . . there is exactly ONE recognized person in the entire reel who is still alive, even counting Mad Dog. So many died suddenly and/or prematurely, starting clear back with Bert Convy dying of cancer as a young man. Even at 82, Burt was a shock.

Quick, before you peek - who can name the one living person in the bloopers.

EDIT: YT gave me the wrong clip initially

<iframe width="789" height="444" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jhTc3zCZoTc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nzoner
09-07-2018, 07:56 AM
Mine is not listed,it was the first movie of his I ever saw and it was made for tv.

Run Simon Run (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066317/reviews?ref_=tt_ql_3)

MahiMike
09-07-2018, 08:02 AM
Damn near tie between cannonball run and smokey. Farrah fawcett beats out Sally for the win.

SuperBowl4
09-07-2018, 08:03 AM
DRIVEN

burt
09-07-2018, 09:00 AM
Gator... I can NEVER forget...

"Y E L L O W....."

Easy 6
09-07-2018, 09:33 AM
Went with Smokey, but just as easily could've picked Deliverance

Simply Red
09-07-2018, 09:35 AM
I like boogie nights and pulp fiction because him and travolta bounced back hard into fame.

Travolta is a cuck.

KC_Lee
09-07-2018, 09:41 AM
Tough call but it's "The Longest Yard" over "Hooper" for me.

Bugeater
09-07-2018, 10:31 AM
Even made Ray Stevens sound cool. All due to that sweet-assed V-12.

Best sounding street legal motor ever until the Pagani came along.

Hal Needham made always made the genius choice to use model accurate engine sounds for car scenes, and not monkey around with framing or film speed to make it artificially exciting. Let the performance of the machinery stand as its own art.
Yep, that exhaust note is pure testosterone. And speaking of letting the performance of the machinery stand as its own art, he allows the demonstration of futility in pursuing it with a neutered early 80s Trans Am at the 2:00 mark.

What I don't understand is why they're driving on the wrong side of road at the end of the clip.

Frazod
09-07-2018, 10:34 AM
I picked Hooper. And just ordered the DVD.

Bugeater
09-07-2018, 10:37 AM
I picked Hooper. And just ordered the DVD.You chose poorly. :shake:

Frazod
09-07-2018, 10:40 AM
You chose poorly. :shake:

Meh.

scho63
09-07-2018, 10:46 AM
Deliverance was such a groundbreaking movie that I had to put that at #1 just ahead of Smokey and the Bandit.

A really good movie of his not on the list is Starting Over. It was more of a chick flick but he played well against Jill Clayburgh and Candice Bergen.

Bugeater
09-07-2018, 10:50 AM
Meh.
https://media1.giphy.com/media/VkRJJQalMdMAg/giphy.gif

Simply Red
09-07-2018, 10:57 AM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/VkRJJQalMdMAg/giphy.gif

he needed some paint correction on that TA - I see some holograms and spider webbing

gblowfish
09-07-2018, 11:07 AM
Very nice obit and overview of Burt's life is here:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/burt-reynolds-movie-star-who-played-it-for-grins-dies-at-82/ar-BBMY3KT?li=BBnb4R7

It's really amazing that "Smokey & the Bandit" was Alfred Hitchcock's favorite movie. Wow.

crayzkirk
09-07-2018, 11:14 AM
The Longest Yard... Original, not the terrible remake. Cars were so disappointing in the 70s.

KChiefs1
09-07-2018, 11:21 AM
Mine is not listed,it was the first movie of his I ever saw and it was made for tv.

Run Simon Run (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066317/reviews?ref_=tt_ql_3)

That's mine too!

Inger Stevens killed herself after her breakup with Burt.

jjchieffan
09-07-2018, 11:27 AM
I went with Bandit. But honestly, I can't think of one of his movies that I didn't like. One note on The Longest Yard. I've seen the original with him as Crewe and the remake with him as Nate Scarborough. I thought that they did a really good job sticking to the original script. Even had the he broke my nose scene. Lol. I thought that Adam Sandler pulled off the role pretty well. I would be interested to see him try another Reynolds movie.

Rain Man
09-07-2018, 11:30 AM
he needed some paint correction on that TA - I see some holograms and spider webbing

I am not open to any criticism of the Smokey Trans Am.

FAX
09-07-2018, 11:33 AM
It's Deliverance for me. That was the picture that made him a movie star. (Got him out of TV once and for all).

It's also cool that Deliverance became a classic. Great direction, great cast, great script, and great cinematography (for its era). The film has very few flaws. It's also somewhat of a rarity in that it was filmed in chronological order. There's a whole lot to like about this movie.

FAX

Graystoke
09-07-2018, 11:37 AM
I have to say Deliverance. There was some great acting in that film. When it came out I was just a kid and my Mom wouldn't let me see it. When I did see it I realized why.
RIP Mr. Reynolds

Nzoner
09-07-2018, 12:03 PM
That's mine too!

Inger Stevens killed herself after her breakup with Burt.

Nice to see someone knows wtf I was talking about

Bugeater
09-07-2018, 12:41 PM
I am not open to any criticism of the Smokey Trans Am.Neither am I. (Even though it probably came from the factory that way)

gblowfish
09-07-2018, 01:32 PM
It's Deliverance for me. That was the picture that made him a movie star. (Got him out of TV once and for all).

It's also cool that Deliverance became a classic. Great direction, great cast, great script, and great cinematography (for its era). The film has very few flaws. It's also somewhat of a rarity in that it was filmed in chronological order. There's a whole lot to like about this movie.

FAX

Here's some movie trivia: One of the hillbillies that was raping Ned Beatty was also the actor who played Capt. Terrell (Redlegs leader) in Outlaw Josey Wales. Talk about an actor playing bad, bad guys!

Also, my aunt Margaret had a black Trans Am with T-Tops just like the car Burt drove in Smokey & Bandit. It was a beauty. She kept it garaged as a fun car, and sold it in mint condition around 1990. Got big bucks for it.

cooper barrett
09-07-2018, 01:48 PM

You could correct the paint from the late 70's all you wanted (til smoke billowed from the polisher) "IT SUCKED"

Bugeater
09-07-2018, 01:53 PM
Here's some movie trivia: One of the hillbillies that was raping Ned Beatty was also the actor who played Capt. Terrell (Redlegs leader) in Outlaw Josey Wales. Talk about an actor playing bad, bad guys!

Also, my aunt Margaret had a black Trans Am with T-Tops just like the car Burt drove in Smokey & Bandit. It was a beauty. She kept it garaged as a fun car, and sold it in mint condition around 1990. Got big bucks for it.
I still want one. Badly. But nice ones go for straight up insane money these days.

BigRichard
09-07-2018, 02:02 PM
Used to get such joy from the end credit bloopers. This time I realized, . . . there is exactly ONE recognized person in the entire reel who is still alive, even counting Mad Dog. So many died suddenly and/or prematurely, starting clear back with Bert Convy dying of cancer as a young man. Even at 82, Burt was a shock.

Quick, before you peek - who can name the one living person in the bloopers.

EDIT: YT gave me the wrong clip initially

<iframe width="789" height="444" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jhTc3zCZoTc" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Terry Bradshaw?

Baby Lee
09-07-2018, 02:04 PM
Terry Bradshaw?

Good job [and football relevant!!]. Did you get it, or did you watch?

I should amend, after watching the clip. There was a brief glimpse of Adrienne Barbeau, and she's still alive as well.

Deberg_1990
09-07-2018, 02:05 PM
How does 'City Heat' hold up?

I remember it being a big deal at the time with both Eastwood and Reynolds at their height.

Stewie
09-07-2018, 02:05 PM
Deliverance and The Longest Yard.

After that it was Reynolds trying to be a movie star. Bad scripts, bad casts and just bad movies. How did Jerry Reed become so prominent in his movies? That guy was a horrible actor. I guess he made Burt look good.

BTW, Burt said his most forgettable and regrettable role was in Boogie Nights.

BigRichard
09-07-2018, 02:06 PM
Terry Bradshaw?

Damn... I got it right. I swear I didn't look.

BigRichard
09-07-2018, 02:08 PM
Good job [and football relevant!!]. Did you get it, or did you watch?

I should amend, after watching the clip. There was a brief glimpse of Adrienne Barbeau, and she's still alive as well.

I didn't watch that clip but I had just got thru watching Bug's intro video. I saw his name in the credits and I had one of those "Holy shit, I forgot he was even in it." moments. When you asked the question I was guessing he showed up in there somewhere.

Baby Lee
09-07-2018, 02:08 PM
How does 'City Heat' hold up?

I remember it being a big deal at the time with both Eastwood and Reynolds at their height.

Curious as well, I remember seeing it at the cinema and me and my sis LOVING IT, giggling about scenes for days afterwards.

But then, I had the same recollection of Johnny Dangerously, and oofah. That one does NOT hold up.

Rain Man
09-07-2018, 02:16 PM
Here's a weird connection I never knew. Former NY Jets DT Joe Klecko appeared in Cannonball Run, Heat, Smokey and the Bandit, and Smokey and the Bandit II.

Baby Lee
09-07-2018, 02:35 PM
Here's a weird connection I never knew. Former NY Jets DT Joe Klecko appeared in Cannonball Run, Heat, Smokey and the Bandit, and Smokey and the Bandit II.

Cannonball II is an underrated romp.

It's a cash grab, and it's silly in places, but it's a ton of fun.

More stars, more cars, more slapstick, more more more.

And it might be my favorite role for Shirley MacLaine.

Baby Lee
09-07-2018, 02:53 PM
I remember when this first came on Speed Channel

<iframe width="933" height="523" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/a7xi7OHzvIw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bob Dole
09-07-2018, 02:55 PM
Living in Texarkana, my vote is obvious. One of my watering holes is 2 blocks from the Coors distributor.

KChiefs1
09-07-2018, 02:57 PM
Nice to see someone knows wtf I was talking about

I assume we are about the same age.

I’d like to see it again.

FAX
09-07-2018, 03:03 PM
The stock '77 Trans Am featured 220 Horsepower? That's it?

I'm shocked and embarrassed. That's an all-flab muscle car.

FAX THE SHOCKED AND EMBARRASSED

RedRaider56
09-07-2018, 03:11 PM

That was a lot of stock horsepower back in the day

Bugeater
09-07-2018, 03:13 PM

By 1977 everything was smothered with emission controls. The fuel crisis didn't help either

Easy 6
09-07-2018, 03:13 PM
I thought some tv stations might put a few Burt movies on tonight, but I'm not seeing anything in the guide... thats a shame

Dayze
09-07-2018, 03:14 PM
weren't the mid-80's era Corvettes notorious dogs in terms of power?

I remember a friend of mine in HS, his dad let me drive his 86 Vette, he was the passenger. He was like "feel free to get into it"...and in my mind I was like "uh...I'm trying". I remember thanking him, then thinking......"WTF.....that had no power".

not sure if it was just that particular car, or what. But my memory was VERY unimpressed by it. I drove it in 1996 for comparison.

FAX
09-07-2018, 03:20 PM
That was a lot of stock horsepower back in the day

I'm not a huge disagreement guy, but I mean ... there were Buicks in those days that had more HP.

I'm still shocked and embarrassed. This is America, man. The land of Thunder Road and Born To Run and Heavy Metal Smoke and Lightning. This ain't Sweden, dude.

FAX THE STILL SHOCKED AND EMBARRASSED

crayzkirk
09-07-2018, 03:21 PM
Actually, my favorite show that Bert was in was Archer...

Baby Lee
09-07-2018, 03:24 PM

I remember a friend of mine in HS, his dad let me drive his 86 Vette, he was the passenger. He was like "feel free to get into it"...and in my mind I was like "uh...I'm trying". I remember thanking him, then thinking......"WTF.....that had no power".

not sure if it was just that particular car, or what. But my memory was VERY unimpressed by it. I drove it in 1996 for comparison.

In the early 70s you were carbureted with leaded gas and no Cat.

HP was only limited by how many CI you wanted to pay for.
The top of the line from the Big 3 were in the range of 375-500 HP.

The fuel crunch and emissions standards were imposed way before the tech was there. HP went way down, in the 125-150 range even in the big V8s. Plus, everything was winding through inefficient analog sensors and reservoirs, so engines couldn't breathe.

Early 80s, they were making first steps with more and more cars goin to fuel injection. But Chevy's Crossfire FI [which was probably what you were driving in that Corvette] was a dog.

Nowadays we're getting power levels back with electronic tuning and boost. So we're getting every bit of power out of a drop of fuel, and we're not bogging the engine down with flow restrictions.

Frazod
09-07-2018, 03:30 PM
Mid-late 70s and early 80s cars in general were pretty awful; underpowered rust buckets that tried to replace speed and quality with gadgets and body trim.

Baby Lee
09-07-2018, 03:30 PM
I'm not a huge disagreement guy, but I mean ... there were Buicks in those days that had more HP.

I'm still shocked and embarrassed. This is America, man. The land of Thunder Road and Born To Run and Heavy Metal Smoke and Lightning. This ain't Sweden, dude.

FAX THE STILL SHOCKED AND EMBARRASSED

Nah, in 77, most powerful was the Corvette with the 350V8 making 210

Lincoln bucked the standards and stayed with CIs and their 460 put out 208.

Olds and Pontiac had 400and403 at 200hp, and the hood scoop on the Firebird let it breathe enough for 20 extra.

cooper barrett
09-07-2018, 03:31 PM

In about 87 I had a 1987 Mitsubishi Colt GTi-16V Turbo ( 158HP) and my work buddy had a pristine low mileage Trans Am and my Colt made him look stupid. In the corners it was Richard Pryor stand up comedy material.

I have seen a couple of those cars with modern day GM crate engines and 6 speeds stuffed into them and it is a night and day difference.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/T-kKYJCvOIk/maxresdefault.jpg

FAX
09-07-2018, 03:36 PM
Nah, in 77, most powerful was the Corvette with the 350V8 making 210

Lincoln bucked the standards and stayed with CIs and their 460 put out 208.

Olds and Pontiac had 400and403 at 200hp, and the hood scoop on the Firebird let it breathe enough for 20 extra.

Which explains, of course, why I'm not a huge disagreement guy.

FAX

Baby Lee
09-07-2018, 03:39 PM
In about 87 I had a 1987 Mitsubishi Colt GTi-16V Turbo ( 158HP) and my work buddy had a pristine low mileage Trans Am and my Colt made him look stupid. In the corners it was Richard Pryor stand up comedy material.

I have seen a couple of those cars with modern day GM crate engines and 6 speeds stuffed into them and it is a night and day difference.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/T-kKYJCvOIk/maxresdefault.jpg

Had a buddy at work when I was security guard in college who had an Omni GLH Turbo that would cold stone smoke a ton of 'muscle' cars.

Shelby finessed a lot of power out of that Chrysler 2.2. But this kid also did a lot with aftermarket boost and suspension mods.

https://barnfinds.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/110716-Barn-Finds-1986-Dodge-Omni-GLH-Turbo-1-e1478709488314.jpg

cooper barrett
09-07-2018, 03:42 PM

My 91 Vette ragtop (C4) was a whopping 245HP from a 5.7 engine. A 1991 inline 6 (3.0) Mercedes E class put out 217 and was 2.5 liters smaller.... I bought the 92.

Baby Lee
09-07-2018, 03:54 PM
Which explains, of course, why I'm not a huge disagreement guy.

FAX

When you mentioned Buicks, were you thinking of this.

http://st.hotrod.com/uploads/sites/21/2016/11/1987-buick-gnx-cs-cover-37.jpg

It was truly a huffin' mutha, but it came out a decade later in 87.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-07-2018, 04:00 PM
Cop and a Half.

FAX
09-07-2018, 04:01 PM
Is that the GSX or something similar? (Can't read the emblem sig.)

If so, yes. That was the sort of thing I had in mind.

FAX THE FEELING SOMEWHAT REDEEMED

cooper barrett
09-07-2018, 04:05 PM

When the Grand National first appeared it was 177HP,10 years later the GNX reached 277HP and was a non GM build (ASC McLaren).. Note the front tag.

Deberg_1990
09-07-2018, 04:06 PM
I need to revisit 'Best Little Whorehouse in Texas' sometime. I was a little too young at the time.

Recently ive seen and heard people say its pretty damn good.

Baby Lee
09-07-2018, 04:17 PM
I need to revisit 'Best Little Whorehouse in Texas' sometime. I was a little too young at the time.

Recently ive seen and heard people say its pretty damn good.

It's not The Godfather, but it's more fun than you might expect.

It already had a stage musical behind it, so it's kind of like wondering 'is LesMis or Annie any good at all.'

If you like quality musicals, sure. If not, probably not.

srvy
09-07-2018, 05:06 PM
Deliverance and The Longest Yard.

After that it was Reynolds trying to be a movie star. Bad scripts, bad casts and just bad movies. How did Jerry Reed become so prominent in his movies? That guy was a horrible actor. I guess he made Burt look good.

BTW, Burt said his most forgettable and regrettable role was in Boogie Nights.

How dare you:harumph:

srvy
09-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Jerry Reed wrote the theme song "East Bound and Down" nearly overnight I suppose Burt threw him a bone.
I actually thought he was perfect for that role.

JD10367
09-07-2018, 08:04 PM
"Hooper". Sally Field, Brian West, Jan-Michael Vincent, Adam Ward, Terry Bradshaw, lots of amazing stunt work, an actual fucking rocket car... what more could you ask for.

Rasputin
09-07-2018, 08:11 PM
Stroker Ace

Loni Anderson :drool:

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9bRrhldHyfo" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Deberg_1990
09-07-2018, 08:37 PM
Stroker Ace

Loni Anderson :drool:

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9bRrhldHyfo" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow

Absolutely no way that scene would you play today

Bugeater
09-07-2018, 08:41 PM
Is that the GSX or something similar? (Can't read the emblem sig.)

If so, yes. That was the sort of thing I had in mind.

FAX THE FEELING SOMEWHAT REDEEMED
GNX, an even more grand Grand National.

Bugeater
09-07-2018, 08:51 PM
Jerry Reed wrote the theme song "East Bound and Down" nearly overnight I suppose Burt threw him a bone.
I actually thought he was perfect for that role.
Absolutely. The movie wouldn't have been the same without him. Also liked him in the role of a hit man trying to kill Robin Williams in The Survivors.

Molitoth
09-07-2018, 09:01 PM

My dad had purchased one of these right before he died.
I sold it on eBay for $70k to a guy named Ford out of Detroit to pay off mom's house.

Would be cool to see it again sometime. Was a badass machine. I still have a grand national.

Molitoth
09-07-2018, 09:03 PM
Watching Smokey and the bandit now, Sally field is hot.
That trans am is so hot too...

Deberg_1990
09-07-2018, 09:04 PM
Absolutely. The movie wouldn't have been the same without him. Also liked him in the role of a hit man trying to kill Robin Williams in The Survivors.

Jerry Reed was perfect for that role.

Hell, they all we’re. Jackie Gleeson was the true MVP though.

Bugeater
09-07-2018, 09:11 PM
Jerry Reed was perfect for that role.

Hell, they all we’re. Jackie Gleeson was the true MVP though.
Yeah he had some great one liners.

"Nobody....I MEAN NOBODY....makes Buford T Justice look like a possum's pecker"

"My hat blew off Daddy"
"I hope your goddamn head was in it"

Flying High D
09-07-2018, 10:13 PM
Burt was a big Chiefs fan.

Deberg_1990
09-07-2018, 10:20 PM
Yeah he had some great one liners.

"Nobody....I MEAN NOBODY....makes Buford T Justice look like a possum's pecker"

"My hat blew off Daddy"
"I hope your goddamn head was in it"

ROFL

Gonna queue it up this weekend. Noticed it’s on Amazon Prime movies now.

Delaney37
09-07-2018, 10:31 PM
My favorite from Jackie..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Sn9-nNLzcWE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bugeater
09-07-2018, 10:42 PM
LMAO There's too many to list. SOM BITCH

Nickhead
09-08-2018, 01:47 AM
Poll coming soon, in a black Trans Am with a big eagle on it.

that fucking movie where demi moore was a stripper? :thumb:

cooper barrett
09-08-2018, 03:51 AM
It was STRIPTEASE.

I recall this set of tits were in the same movie.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51GLEpITV3L._SY445_.jpg

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0668859/mediaviewer/rm2738015232

KChiefs1
09-08-2018, 04:45 AM
"Hooper". Sally Field, Brian West, Jan-Michael Vincent, Adam Ward, Terry Bradshaw, lots of amazing stunt work, an actual fucking rocket car... what more could you ask for.

One of my guilty pleasures.

cooper barrett
09-08-2018, 04:58 AM
https://youtu.be/xDaPc0dPEdM

KChiefs1
09-08-2018, 07:18 AM
https://youtu.be/xDaPc0dPEdM

I think that would have been a great movie to have worked on.

Frazod
09-08-2018, 10:00 AM
The Terry Bradshaw bar fight scene from Hooper. Poor quality video, but still fun as hell. :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kEMJk39km6c" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

stevieray
09-08-2018, 10:03 AM
My dad had purchased one of these right before he died.
I sold it on eBay for $70k to a guy named Ford out of Detroit to pay off mom's house.

Would be cool to see it again sometime. Was a badass machine. I still have a grand national.

:clap:

Love GBodys

the steam
09-10-2018, 10:44 AM
Nobody really likes it but I thought Stick wasn't bad.