PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Kelce: "Preseason was a little off, but this week, we've found our mojo"

UChieffyBugger
09-07-2018, 06:16 PM
Our stud TE had an interview with First Take today and talked about the season ahead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd6pVJyK6jA

Pasta Little Brioni
09-07-2018, 06:28 PM
This offense is going to be something else, fellas. I can assure you they showed nothing this off season.

Sassy Squatch
09-07-2018, 06:44 PM
That seems to be the excuse for this season. "Guys, I know *insert here* was not very good, but we'll get better at it soon. I mean it."

New World Order
09-07-2018, 06:45 PM
We'll see on Sunday

MTG#10
09-07-2018, 06:46 PM
I expect great things from this offense...but as we learned from the Trent Green years a great offense cannot overcome an atrocious defense.

Hammock Parties
09-07-2018, 06:47 PM
This offense is going to be something else, fellas. I can assure you they showed nothing this off season.

We saw 2 of 13 installs in the preseason.

Hammock Parties
09-07-2018, 06:49 PM
I expect great things from this offense...but as we learned from the Trent Green years a great offense cannot overcome an atrocious defense.

This defense won't be "atrocious."

It will be at least as good as last year's defense, which was good enough to get into the playoffs and completely dominate every AFC West opponent.

And the run defense should be markedly improved, forcing opponents into more passing situations against Houston, Jones and Tanoh. Shit, maybe Ford will unfuck himself.

We are not going to see the 32 D rear it's ugly head again in this town.

#HomerClayRises

MTG#10
09-07-2018, 06:51 PM

It will be at least as good as last year's defense, which was good enough to get into the playoffs and completely dominate every AFC West opponent.

And the run defense should be markedly improved, forcing opponents into more passing situations against Houston, Jones and Tanoh. Shit, maybe Ford will un**** himself.

#HomerClayRises

I hope you're right. And this new personality is a lot more fun than the others.

:toast:

ping2000
09-07-2018, 06:56 PM
Bob Sutton is still here. Fuck you Bob Sutton.

staylor26
09-07-2018, 07:33 PM

And the run defense should be markedly improved, forcing opponents into more passing situations against Houston, Jones and Tanoh. Shit, maybe Ford will un**** himself.

#HomerClayRises

#CPisGayForHomerClay

TwistedChief
09-07-2018, 07:33 PM
#HomerClayRises

Welcome to the light, Clay. The sun shines brighter when you can unreservedly pull for your favorite team with an occasional pair of rose-colored glasses.

I'm SO excited for the first couple (scripted) series. Reid is at his best during that sequence and I can't wait to see what he's been planning.

Hammock Parties
09-07-2018, 07:36 PM
Welcome to the light, Clay. The sun shines brighter when you can unreservedly pull for your favorite team with an occasional pair of rose-colored glasses.

#CPisGayForHomerClay

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/11/768x411/gallery-1457975540-battlecry.gif

FAX
09-07-2018, 07:37 PM
This is good to hear. It's about time for Kelce to start demonstrating some freaking enthusiasm.

FAX

Pasta Little Brioni
09-07-2018, 07:47 PM
This is good to hear. It's about time for Kelce to start demonstrating some freaking enthusiasm.

FAX

FAX the draftabulator!

Buckweath
09-07-2018, 08:09 PM
Just show it! Every team says oh how special they will be that new upcoming season.

I'm pretty sure the Falcons were saying they would be lights out this season but well, look what happened that first game.

And I still maintain that this defense could arguably be a top 10 unit of Veach acquired a good CB.

Tribal Warfare
09-07-2018, 08:37 PM
Seeing is believing

I don't like hearing bullshit hype

Nickhead
09-07-2018, 09:19 PM
has kelce become less white since entering the league, i happened to notice some ebonics in his vowels? :D

plus, dood looks stoooooooooooooned as hell ROFL

Flying High D
09-07-2018, 10:11 PM
Win it this week for the Burt.

ModSocks
09-07-2018, 11:40 PM
Kelce knows this defense is shit. LMAO

You can pick up on it based on how he answers the questions.

He even starts smirking when they mention the D being shit.

ModSocks
09-07-2018, 11:57 PM
Hopefully they'll be alright. They have the talent.

GloryDayz
09-08-2018, 12:00 AM

And the run defense should be markedly improved, forcing opponents into more passing situations against Houston, Jones and Tanoh. Shit, maybe Ford will unfuck himself.

#HomerClayRises#SuttonLovesYou

Sent from my 9+ using Tapatalk

kysirsoze
09-08-2018, 12:50 AM
That seems to be the excuse for this season. "Guys, I know *insert here* was not very good, but we'll get better at it soon. I mean it."

Jesus. It's just a bullshit player quote. How are people on here this sour? Some of you guys act like we're not about to watch our first round drafted, badass QBOTF start a meaningful game for the first time in our lives. Cheer the fuck up. I mean I'm usually all for fair criticism, but embrace the fucking moment.

Titty Meat
09-08-2018, 01:07 AM
Offense will ball but man that make shift secondary worries the fuck out of me. If our pass rush can be like 2013-2014 well be ok. If its like the last few years were in trouble. I don't think shit teams like the Titans are going to be able to line up and beat us anymore as long as Jones remains healthy. William's is a nice rotational player and Nawty (that's how you pronounce it) looks to be a great find. It's nice to have a rotation finally at the NT position. Havent had that since 2015 when Poe was ok at best and Howard could step in and did a good job.

My biggest beef is the secondary and were 1 offensive lineman injury away from being in trouble. Sure you can say that about most teams but in years past Fulton was able to step in years past and did a great job. We dont have that now.

Nickhead
09-08-2018, 01:14 AM
Jesus. It's just a bullshit player quote. How are people on here this sour? Some of you guys act like we're not about to watch our first round drafted, badass QBOTF start a meaningful game for the first time in our lives. Cheer the fuck up. I mean I'm usually all for fair criticism, but embrace the fucking moment.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/61674424/amen-brother-amen.jpg

MMXcalibur
09-08-2018, 01:29 AM
I expect jack and shit.
I expect Mahomes to have a stat line of 11-37, 170 yds, 1 TD, 3 INT.

This way, I can't be disappointed and can only be surprised.

Titty Meat
09-08-2018, 01:33 AM
Hopefully they'll be alright. They have the talent.

If Houston is healthy and Tanoh plays like he did in the pre season thats as good of a starting front 7 as youll get around the league minus Philly and Jacksonville.

Chargem
09-08-2018, 02:32 AM
I watched the full game of the win vs the patriots week 1 2017 last night.

That defense featured Phillip Gaines getting shat on play after play in the first half, Zombo on the field when the Patriots punched in their first touch down, Ramik Wilson as the starting Mike line backer.

I don't think years defense is really that much worse than last years, if at all.

Nickhead
09-08-2018, 02:53 AM
I watched the full game of the win vs the patriots week 1 2017 last night.

That defense featured Phillip Gaines getting shat on play after play in the first half, Zombo on the field when the Patriots punched in their first touch down, Ramik Wilson as the starting Mike line backer.

I don't think years defense is really that much worse than last years, if at all.

thats the problem and fans are in panic mode, regardless of how well the defense does this year, it will still be an improvement from last :thumb:

Chiefs4TheWin
09-08-2018, 03:01 AM
Believe it when I see it.

RippedmyFlesh
09-08-2018, 04:25 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hd6pVJyK6jA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KChiefs1
09-08-2018, 04:27 AM
Did the defense find it's mojo?

Tribal Warfare
09-08-2018, 06:07 AM
Did the defense find it's mojo?

It's like a fat man's dick he knows it's, but the motherfucker is difficult to find

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-08-2018, 06:07 AM

#HomerClayRises

I agree with this. Last year week 1 we had Peters and a bunch of shit. This year we've got fuller and less shit.

ptlyon
09-08-2018, 06:14 AM
We'll see on Sunday

We will see every Sunday. Or Monday. Or Thursday.

ping2000
09-08-2018, 06:36 AM

#HomerClayRisesHave a Snickers Bob Sutton.

GloryDayz
09-08-2018, 08:00 AM
It's like a fat man's dick he knows it's, but the motherfucker is difficult to find

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-VBt2h0TjUeg/T1WeUmRaZ-I/AAAAAAAAAC4/0_-LcVRkAqs/s1600/Ron+Jeremy.jpg

By that measure LMAO....maybe Ron would be a better DC than Sutton.

Baby Lee
09-08-2018, 08:34 AM
How are people on here this sour?

How can someone ask that question here?

kysirsoze
09-08-2018, 08:37 AM
How can someone ask that question here?

For most of my time here I would say it's because the Chiefs never drafted and developed a QB. Now that it's happened... :shrug:

TwistedChief
09-08-2018, 08:43 AM
For most of my time here I would say it's because the Chiefs never drafted and developed a QB. Now that it's happened... :shrug:

Because we all secretly think he’s going to have an alligator bite off his throwing arm before the game tomorrow.

kysirsoze
09-08-2018, 08:47 AM
Because we all secretly think he’s going to have an alligator bite off his throwing arm before the game tomorrow.

Well sure. We all know, deep down, Mahomes will be a tragedy. Somehow. It's the Chiefs. But dammit, get joy where you can find it with this franchise.

ROYC75
09-08-2018, 09:07 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-VBt2h0TjUeg/T1WeUmRaZ-I/AAAAAAAAAC4/0_-LcVRkAqs/s1600/Ron+Jeremy.jpg

By that measure LMAO....maybe Ron would be a better DC than Sutton.

Would he make them a stiff D or a stud D?

BTA, either is better than a swiss cheese D we have now.

GloryDayz
09-08-2018, 09:31 AM

Have you been watching for the last 17,772 days? That's how many days since our last appearance in any Super Bowl, that's 48.69 years my friend. Our franchise, and we're all Chiefs fans equally (even if we're mad), always finds a way to have a missing piece each year, and ownership that keeps people who are committed to something that's not a balanced enough for a return appearance in a SB (much less a win). This year it looks like the D, for sure, will screw us over (again). And Keeping Bob Sutton was a real kick in the dick, no matter what excuses they make for him.

And considering the fan-base's support of the team, the "loud" at Arrowhead, the fear coming into Arrowhead puts into other teams (supposedly), you'd think the 12th man we've always given them would have amounted to us, the fans, doing our part to help the team get back to a SB. But alas...

I guess we're conditioned by the franchise, its ownership and its leadership, to brace for adding at least another 365 to the running tally of days.

And I'd LOVE to eat crow cookie while watching the Chiefs play in this year's SB.

GloryDayz
09-08-2018, 09:36 AM
Would he make them a stiff D or a stud D?

BTA, either is better than a swiss cheese D we have now.

Not sure, but we'd have to practice safe fandom...

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.kag66Hyc-UqSkgLjaS_h-AHaLW&pid=Api

Summer games would suck... (or blow)

TEX
09-08-2018, 09:48 AM
Have you been watching for the last 17,772 days? That's how many days since our last appearance in any Super Bowl, that's 48.69 years my friend. Our franchise, and we're all Chiefs fans equally (even if we're mad), always finds a way to have a missing piece each year, and ownership that keeps people who are committed to something that's not a balanced enough for a return appearance in a SB (much less a win). This year it looks like the D, for sure, will screw us over (again). And Keeping Bob Sutton was a real kick in the dick, no matter what excuses they make for him.

And considering the fan-base's support of the team, the "loud" at Arrowhead, the fear coming into Arrowhead puts into other teams (supposedly), you'd think the 12th man we've always given them would have amounted to us, the fans, doing our part to help the team get back to a SB. But alas...

I guess we're conditioned by the franchise, its ownership and its leadership, to brace for adding at least another 365 to the running tally of days.

And I'd LOVE to eat crow cookie while watching the Chiefs play in this year's SB.

A-FKN-MEN! :clap:

Coogs
09-08-2018, 09:50 AM
Jesus. It's just a bullshit player quote. How are people on here this sour? Some of you guys act like we're not about to watch our first round drafted, badass QBOTF start a meaningful game for the first time in our lives. Cheer the **** up. I mean I'm usually all for fair criticism, but embrace the ****ing moment.

He's already started a meaningful game for the first time in our lives. He passed it with flying colors. It played a huge role in why he is now starting his second meaningful game.

billyreynolds
09-08-2018, 10:15 AM
Kelce one of the few players in the league whose attitude causes more penalties that his plays should. He rubs the refs the wrong way. He could be one of the greats if he went about things another way.

MahiMike
09-08-2018, 10:17 AM
Vermeil 2.0

MahiMike
09-08-2018, 10:18 AM
Kelce one of the few players in the league whose attitude causes more penalties that his plays should. He rubs the refs the wrong way. He could be one of the greats if he went about things another way.

I dunno. Would McEnroe been as good without all the fussing? Don't think so.

FAX
09-08-2018, 10:43 AM
I dunno. Would McEnroe been as good without all the fussing? Don't think so.

Great parallel, Mr. MahiMike. Spot on.

And no ... he wouldn't have. McEnroe fueled his intensity, focus (and probably his adrenalin levels) through discontent and rage.

I don't think Kelce "rages" quite as much as Mac, but he certainly channels his ire as a form of passion.

I also know for a fact that he is often targeted by opponents who make every effort to tip him off his teetering emotional balance. That's the bad part. Once he demonstrated the tendency to "go off", our enemies tried to light the fuse. It appears to me that it's hard for him to back down when challenged.

FAX

Halfcan
09-08-2018, 11:53 AM
Kelce already IS the Best Tight End in the NFL.

Gronk is living off his past stats.

tmax63
09-08-2018, 12:55 PM
If Houston is healthy and Tanoh plays like he did in the pre season thats as good of a starting front 7 as youll get around the league minus Philly and Jacksonville.

If the queen had balls she'd be the king. So you're saying that 2 big if's and they'll be top 5. If not then middle of the pack??????? Secondary is going to be bottom 5. The Chiefs looked like they had good defense against the run a few years ago also but when the other team was throwing for 400 yards/game they don't look at running the ball until the 4th qtr.

WhiteWhale
09-08-2018, 06:23 PM
Kelce already IS the Best Tight End in the NFL.

Gronk is living off his past stats.

He put up over 1,000 yards and 8 TD's LAST YEAR while averaging over 15 yards per catch as a tight end.

Everyone is living on past stats by that standard, because only 2 teams have played a game THIS year.