PDA

View Full Version : Football Where was Kelce???

tmax63
09-09-2018, 06:03 PM
Did the Chargers just take him away or did PMIII forget to look that way? He only had a couple of targets. If he doesn't see more action than that, how long before he get pissed?

Rasputin
09-09-2018, 06:03 PM
He was home washing his tights

New World Order
09-09-2018, 06:04 PM
He'll show up week 4.

Guaranteed.

Mecca
09-09-2018, 06:05 PM
He'll get his, today Hill was just so much better than everyone else it didn't make sense to not feed him. He was on another level out there.

eDave
He had a great game. Don't need to catch the ball and score TD's to have a great game.

Rasputin
Kelce will get his. They covered him and he had a droppsy

He will be fine looking forward to all our weapons this year some game we will ask where was Tyreek (doubtful)

RealSNR
You mean like when Travis Kelce said, "There are a ton of weapons, and we all understand you have to just wait your turn"

He's not going to get pissed, chode-eater. He's probably one of the best teammates in the entire locker room.

BWillie
09-09-2018, 06:06 PM
Appears to struggle catching bullets.

Mahomes wants to go deep.

Kelce is Alex Smith's wet dream.

Rasputin
09-09-2018, 06:06 PM
He'll get his, today Hill was just so much better than everyone else it didn't make sense to not feed him. He was on another level out there.

Fucking scores before the offense even runs a play from a punt return.

Coochie liquor
09-09-2018, 06:07 PM
Who cares. Guarantee there’s gonna be weeks where every receiver takes turns being the covered one and the rest get theirs! Tyreek is the one that makes the offense flow it seems though!

CupidStunt
09-09-2018, 06:08 PM
Yeah I'm sure Mahomes "forgot" as he marched up and down the field.

What a dumbass thread. You can't give every guy on the team targets. There will be a week real soon when Kelce goes 7-100+ and Hill has 4 targets... are you gonna post the same thread in reverse?

Rasputin
09-09-2018, 06:08 PM
He also stayed into block not selfish

Easy 6
09-09-2018, 06:09 PM
Just one of those days every player has, he'll get over it

Deberg_1990
09-09-2018, 06:10 PM
I wouldn’t be surprised if his stats dip some this season. Mahomes targets the WRs more than Alex did.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-09-2018, 06:10 PM
Winning cures everything. Can’t bitch if the offense is putting up points and winning games.

This was Tyreek’s week. Kelce’s might be next, or it might not be. Doesn’t matter if they’re winning.

Mecca
09-09-2018, 06:12 PM
He may see some of his stats drop a bit but there are going to be games where a team decides they want Tyreek Hill taken away...that's why even though people are bitching about Watkins he matters, you can't take everyone away.

Rasputin
Chiefs score 38 points and we're worried about where was Kelce.

I can say this offense is potent watch out NFL

New World Order
We have 4 offensive weapons around Mahomes who can takeover games.

It's incredible.

Mecca
09-09-2018, 06:13 PM
You know your offense is good when Anthony Sherman has a 40 yard TD catch.

TLO
09-09-2018, 06:14 PM

That was a BEAUTIFUL pass, BTW.

rabblerouser
09-09-2018, 06:15 PM
What do you mean, 'where was Kelce?'

He was watching Reek go up and down the field like anyone else.

And winning cures everything.

Rasputin
09-09-2018, 06:15 PM
He may see some of his stats drop a bit but there are going to be games where a team decides they want Tyreek Hill taken away...that's why even though people are bitching about Watkins he matters, you can't take everyone away.

Richard Sherman scored a TD pass teams don't wont' know what the fuck to do. I'm pretty sure Kelce is happy for Sherman as much as if he caught the td we win that'ts what matters.

Richard Sherman Fullback BAMF

WhiteWhale
09-09-2018, 06:16 PM
Richard Sherman scored a TD pass teams don't wont' know what the **** to do. I'm pretty sure Kelce is happy for Sherman as much as if he caught the td we win that'ts what matters.

Anthony Sherman.

Richard Sherman is a different guy you goofball.

rabblerouser
09-09-2018, 06:18 PM
Richard Sherman scored a TD pass teams don't wont' know what the **** to do. I'm pretty sure Kelce is happy for Sherman as much as if he caught the td we win that'ts what matters.

Richard Sherman plays DB for 49ers.

Dayze
09-09-2018, 06:18 PM
He was too busy figuring out how to drop some routine passes.

Or, maybe grooming his beard.

RippedmyFlesh
09-09-2018, 06:19 PM

And when the defending rushing leader has only 49 yards and you still put up 38.
Kelce 1 catch
Houston 1 more tackle than I had
Hunt 49 yards
and we still beat the favorite to win the division according to the "experts" to win the division.
Time to go all homer if you aren't you just can't be happy in life.

Pablo
09-09-2018, 06:20 PM
I wouldn’t be surprised if his stats dip some this season. Mahomes targets eligible receivers more than Alex did.FYP.

siberian khatru
09-09-2018, 06:22 PM
Anthony Sherman.

Richard Sherman is a different guy you goofball.

ROFL

Simply Red
You mean like when Travis Kelce said, "There are a ton of weapons, and we all understand you have to just wait your turn"

He's not going to get pissed, chode-eater. He's probably one of the best teammates in the entire locker room.

What is 'chode?' sounds delicious!

eDave
https://media.giphy.com/media/I6GKMFiL0H8Wc/giphy.gif

Nickhead
09-09-2018, 06:32 PM
andy is just clearing the middle of the field. gotta get those secondaries on their heels early :thumb:

KC Hawks
09-09-2018, 06:33 PM
Chargers do a pretty good job on Kelce. He didn't do anything against them last year either.

Raiderhater
09-09-2018, 06:33 PM

This.

Demonpenz
09-09-2018, 06:38 PM
TE need to block a shit ton

Bewbies
09-09-2018, 06:38 PM
Alex Smith is a TE's best friend.

When you have an actual NFL QB they get the WR's involved.

KChiefs1
09-09-2018, 06:39 PM
He was missing last year in LA too.

Beef Supreme
09-09-2018, 06:42 PM
What is 'chode?' sounds delicious!

ROFL

WhiteWhale
09-09-2018, 06:42 PM

TE's are a QB's best friend.

Kelce will get his. He had a bad game. There weren't a lot of opportunities and he didn't capitalize enough on the ones he had.

That's not a pattern I expect to remain stable.

ROYC75
09-09-2018, 06:45 PM
Yep, the Mahomes carousel will be most likely different targeted receivers each week if Andy is smart! They all are good enough to carry the load with a few other throws here and there to keep the D honest.

IMHO, Andy really did not open up the offense, showed just enough to keep the Chargers guessing.

Pablo
09-09-2018, 06:47 PM
He was on the field.

Raiderhater
09-09-2018, 06:47 PM

I wouldn’t go that far. Green and Gonzalez, Rivers and Gates, Romo and Witten. Some times you have a tight end that is just that good. And some times your WRs are shitty enough that your TE is your best WR.

dj56dt58
09-09-2018, 07:06 PM
I wouldn’t go that far. Green and Gonzalez, Rivers and Gates, Romo and Witten. Some times you have a tight end that is just that good. And some times your WRs are shitty enough that your TE is your best WR.

Tonys stats actually dipped with Trent if I remember correctly because he looked more to wide receivers..or maybe it was just the system

rabblerouser
09-09-2018, 07:10 PM
Tonys stats actually dipped with Trent if I remember correctly because he looked more to wide receivers..or maybe it was just the system

Ummm...I don't think we ever had a WR top 75 catches with Trent here.

Priest got lots of carries and lots of screens...the screen play was a work of art with that oline.

rabblerouser
09-09-2018, 07:12 PM

I just looked it up :

From 2003 to 2006, Gonzalez was the most productive tight end in the NFL.

He caught 102 balls in 2004.

Pitt Gorilla
09-09-2018, 07:15 PM
Safety blanket not needed.

FAX
09-09-2018, 07:15 PM
Have to see the All-22 (because the broadcast angles and replays are the suck) to confirm, but I'm guessing he was doubled all day. They figured it would be a good idea to take away one of our weapons ...

BTW, where's the angst regarding Hunt? Did he go blind again? Does EB need to smack his ass around? Do they need to present him with a seeing-eye opossum?

I was once again unimpressed by his vision behind the line.

Spencer, on the other hand, looked pretty solid considering what he's been through (on limited opportunities, of course). If this keeps up, it's possible that he takes his old job back.

FAX THE LIKES HUNT BUT DAMN DUDE

rabblerouser
09-09-2018, 07:17 PM
Have to see the All-22 (because the broadcast angles and replays are the suck) to confirm, but I'm guessing he was doubled all day. They figured it would be a good idea to take away one of our weapons ...

BTW, where's the angst regarding Hunt? Did he go blind again? Does EB need to smack his ass around? Do they need to present him with a seeing-eye opossum?

Spencer, on the other hand, looked pretty solid considering what he's been through (on limited opportunities, of course). If this keeps up, it's possible that he takes his old job back.

Cosign.

dannybcaitlyn
09-09-2018, 07:20 PM
He looked flat hell as if he was partying all night at the hills. Just no fire from him like we usually see.

dj56dt58
09-09-2018, 07:21 PM
I just looked it up :

From 2003 to 2006, Gonzalez was the most productive tight end in the NFL.

He caught 102 balls in 2004.

well yeah he was still Tony G..the best TE ever..Trent just didnt seem to force feed him like guys like Huard did because it's all they could do. Trent spread the ball around a lot too

Hammock Parties
09-09-2018, 07:25 PM
Chargers watched preseason. Phatdick went to him a lot.

Their gameplan was to make Mahomes throw to everyone else.

He did.

LMAO

Raiderhater
09-09-2018, 07:30 PM

My only major complaint with Green at the time is that he didn’t put the ball in play for Tony like Grbac did; allowing him to go up for the ball to make a play. But the stats show that Gonzo had every bit the career with Green that he did with Grbac if not better.

FAX
09-09-2018, 07:33 PM
Tony G was a fan favorite (one of mine, actually). But I fear he was also a whiny bitch when he didn't get enough balls.

Kelce strikes me as a completely different sort of teammate person.

FAX THE STRUCK BY STUFF SOMETIMES

rabblerouser
09-09-2018, 07:35 PM
well yeah he was still Tony G..the best TE ever..Trent just didnt seem to force feed him like guys like Huard did because it's all they could do. Trent spread the ball around a lot too

Right. And TG still set the record (at the time) for the most catches by a TE in one season with Trent throwing the ball.

In other words, his numbers didn't 'dip' during the Green era.

It was his most productive period.

rabblerouser
09-09-2018, 07:40 PM
Chargers watched preseason. Phatdick went to him a lot.

Their gameplan was to make Mahomes throw to everyone else.

He did.

LMAO

Yes, he did.

My only major complaint with Green at the time is that he didn’t put the ball in play for Tony like Grbac did; allowing him to go up for the ball to make a play. But the stats show that Gonzo had every bit the career with Green that he did with Grbac if not better.

Green was more methodical. Cerebral.

Grbac would lock on to Gonzalez and not look anywhere else a lot of the time...

Tony G was a fan favorite (one of mine, actually). But I fear he was also a whiny bitch when he didn't get enough balls.

Kelce strikes me as a completely different sort of teammate person.

FAX THE STRUCK BY STUFF SOMETIMES
In 2008, Tony worked with Thigpen after practice to ensure that they were on the same page....

Didn't help them win at all, but Tony's numbers didn't drop...you do the math.

Titty Meat
09-09-2018, 07:42 PM
Chargers used the old gameplan you would use against Smith. Take away Kelce try to make the WRs beat you.

They did.

GloryDayz
09-09-2018, 07:45 PM
He prolly told the officials he was going to do something really crazy to get back at the Chargers at some point in the game so they'd focus on throwing another bullshit flag on him (to keep that tradition alive) thus allowing some of our other players to get away with some debauchery.

Sent from my 9+ using Tapatalk

rabblerouser
09-09-2018, 07:45 PM
Chargers used the old gameplan you would use against Smith. Take away Kelce try to make the WRs beat you.

They did.

Yeah, don't know if they heard, it's a new era in KC.

The days of the TE being the best arial weapon on offense are finally over.

Thank God

pugsnotdrugs19
09-09-2018, 07:47 PM

They did.

Very likely

Titty Meat
09-09-2018, 08:14 PM
Yeah, don't know if they heard, it's a new era in KC.

The days of the TE being the best arial weapon on offense are finally over.

Thank God

I think the Steelers will try and take away Hill. Dunno if you can do that regardless I think Kelce will have a nice game next week. Man if we can win next week...

carcosa
09-09-2018, 08:18 PM

I dunno, I thought Kareem looked solid most of his touches. The man knows how to get an extra yard or two.

Rasputin
09-09-2018, 08:43 PM
I dunno, I thought Kareem looked solid most of his touches. The man knows how to get an extra yard or two.

Yes and i heard Andy Reid wants to limit his touches because he had a lot last year. That's been our problem with running backs staying healthy for the playoffs but we do have solid depth ad running back this year.

Hunts going have a solid year but again we have plenty of weapons it's not going be on one person to win games.

I do think running it a bit more will help open up the deep pass teams wont have an answer what to do.

Beef Supreme
09-09-2018, 08:48 PM

They did.

That and stop our run game. And they did both of those things pretty successfully. Now teams will try to stop the reek, and we will go somewhere else. It's a lot more fun when we use the whole field and all of our players.

Hammock Parties
09-09-2018, 09:43 PM

He looks like he hit the weights this offseason. Dude is strong as an ox.

Terrell Davis II coming.

NJChiefsFan
09-09-2018, 09:50 PM
I have literally zero concerns about his future impact in this offense or his attitude about games like this.

crazycoffey
09-09-2018, 10:13 PM
I have literally zero concerns about his future impact in this offense or his attitude about games like this.

I kinda agree. But when we’re on 1st and goal on the 1, we still should be able to say/show run and still run for a TD; is my only caveat to the zero concerns Hunt may or may not have

NJChiefsFan
09-09-2018, 10:15 PM
I kinda agree. But when we’re on 1st and goal on the 1, we still should be able to say/show run and still run for a TD; is my only caveat to the zero concerns Hunt may or may not have

I agree but who knows if we could since they tried to be tricky. My comment was about Kelce though.

BlackOp
09-09-2018, 10:24 PM
The fact KC only had two TE probably played into the game-planing too...

crazycoffey
09-10-2018, 04:18 AM
I agree but who knows if we could since they tried to be tricky. My comment was about Kelce though.

Sorry. It was right after a comment about Hunt. Take away everything I said in my last post, after the first two words

Mecca
09-10-2018, 04:43 AM
Putting all of those trick plays on film at the goal line does nothing but help the run game long term as teams will have to expect those plays.

crazycoffey
09-10-2018, 06:27 AM
Putting all of those trick plays on film at the goal line does nothing but help the run game long term as teams will have to expect those plays.

I understand that is the theory. But Reid has a decent history of not using it to open the run later on.

Remember the days of lineing up a run play, running a run play, and still getting a few yards? I know we don’t have shields, roaf, etc. but 1st and goal, on the 1, come on. I’d rather prove we can run it in now, and open up the bag of tricks in the playoffs

Mecca
09-10-2018, 06:29 AM
I understand that is the theory. But Reid has a decent history of not using it to open the run later on.

Remember the days of lineing up a run play, running a run play, and still getting a few yards? I know we don’t have shields, roaf, etc. but 1st and goal, on the 1, come on. I’d rather prove we can run it in now, and open up the bag of tricks in the playoffs

It is a bit frustrating that they can't just hand off and gain 4 yards in a league that is geared to passing. But this is what happens when you have a offense that is basically built on small mobile lineman.

Mitch Morse being undersized is always going to be an issue against 3-4 teams with big ass NT's.

Chargem
09-10-2018, 06:36 AM
I like Hunt, but I think he probably regresses a lot this year. Last year will prove to be an outlier, he will be solid and do the required job but he is not a superstar, in my opinion.

GloryDayz
09-10-2018, 06:42 AM
I like Hunt, but I think he probably regresses a lot this year. Last year will prove to be an outlier, he will be solid and do the required job but he is not a superstar, in my opinion.

https://media.giphy.com/media/nfJ6fUSt9wHVm/giphy.gif

Buckweath
09-10-2018, 06:47 AM

I think he regresses just a bit. I think he is arguably a top 10 RB in this league but not a surefire top 5 or top 10 like some would say.

He is just real solid.

Sassy Squatch
09-10-2018, 06:48 AM
He'll destroy the Broncos in weeks 4 and 8, so he has that going for him.

Couch-Potato
09-10-2018, 07:41 AM
Just like the GS Warriors, whoevers open gets the shot. Who cares about stats? This is about wins!

notorious
09-10-2018, 07:43 AM
Kelce will be fine.

Mecca
09-10-2018, 07:43 AM
Also Kelce usually doesn't have good games against the Chargers. Their whole defensive game plan for 4 years now has been take away Kelce and make the WR's beat you.

That seems dumb against Mahomes but they may have thought "It's Reid's offense it's still going through Kelce."

Molitoth
09-10-2018, 07:47 AM
Also Kelce usually doesn't have good games against the Chargers. Their whole defensive game plan for 4 years now has been take away Kelce and make the WR's beat you.

That seems dumb against Mahomes but they may have thought "It's Reid's offense it's still going through Kelce."

Yep. To game plan against Alex Smith it was basically this easy.
Teams are going to get burnt now.

notorious
09-10-2018, 07:49 AM
LMAO

Mecca nailed it. Look at the Chargers coaches. They are holding that team back.

Chargem
09-10-2018, 08:52 AM
In 2017, the Chiefs were a team that gave their tackles the least support (TE chips etc) in the league.

With Mahomes at the helm, it makes sense that they are going to put a bit more into protecting him and that might negatively affect TE and RB production, but I can live with it if it keeps Pat upright and healthy.

cmh6476
09-10-2018, 08:53 AM
These fantasy sites I frequent p1ss me off b1tching about kelce and hunt not getting theirs. Did you not notice the gameplant worked well enough to put up 38 and beat your likely toughest challenge to a repeat division crown, on the road? And now we have to listen to that sh1t here too?

:yawn:

stevieray
09-10-2018, 08:54 AM
Kelce's demeanor has been pretty demure so far.

No fire.

Guess we will see.

notorious
09-10-2018, 08:56 AM
Kelce's demeanor has been pretty demure so far.

No fire.

Guess we will see.

Didn’t he get married recently?

That will blunt any man’s spirit.

stevieray
09-10-2018, 09:05 AM

Yesterday, he was on the bench and an excited Mahomes (Sherman TD)came up to him, and he was just meh...

oldman
09-10-2018, 09:08 AM

ROFLROFLROFL

I'm not too concerned about Kelce. He didn't have the best day, but he was doubled a lot. When other teams shift their focus to Hill, that will make a difference for both Kelce and Hunt. They can't double everybody or put 8 in the box too often.

tmax63
09-10-2018, 09:21 AM
These fantasy sites I frequent p1ss me off b1tching about kelce and hunt not getting theirs. Did you not notice the gameplant worked well enough to put up 38 and beat your likely toughest challenge to a repeat division crown, on the road? And now we have to listen to that sh1t here too?

:yawn:

I have never played fantasy football. I just know how competitive Kelce is and when Gronk puts up 125 and he's Kelce's main competition in the NFL for being the top TE and Kelce puts up 6 that's got to burn a little.

Chiefnj2
09-10-2018, 09:26 AM
He was targeted 6 times. It's not like he was completely ignored.

O.city
09-10-2018, 09:27 AM
Yesterday, he was on the bench and an excited Mahomes (Sherman TD)came up to him, and he was just meh...

He ran all the way to the endzone to celebrate Shermans TD. He chased Hill down the sideline on the long punt return TD.

Maybe don't look for things that aren't there?

IowaHawkeyeChief
09-10-2018, 09:28 AM

ROFLROFL TROOF

Gravedigger
09-10-2018, 09:46 AM
My fantasy team was wondering the same thing yesterday.

stevieray
09-10-2018, 09:48 AM
He ran all the way to the endzone to celebrate Shermans TD. He chased Hill down the sideline on the long punt return TD.

Maybe don't look for things that aren't there?

I'm talking about body language in general.

Who knows? maybe he's grown up and focused.

notorious
09-10-2018, 10:31 AM
I'm talking about body language in general.

Who knows? maybe he's grown up and focused.

Probably this.

He did mention that preseason was a little off. I hope he isn’t jealous of the attention Mahomes is getting.

Kelce loves the spotlight.

FAX
09-10-2018, 10:35 AM
I never worry about Kelce's attitude, his desire, or his commitment to the team.

I even like the fact that he's a little nuts.

FAX

BlackOp
09-10-2018, 10:53 AM
Chiefs are going to rotate game plans depending on which team they are playing...Chargers just landed a top safety. Donks cant stop a TE....Kelce will get his.

ModSocks
09-10-2018, 10:54 AM
Not worried about Kelce at all.

It's clear that the game plan when playing SD....errrr i mean LAC, is to feed the WR's. They can't keep up with him.

In two games at Stubhub Kelce has a combined two catches.

oldman
09-10-2018, 10:58 AM
I never worry about Kelce's attitude, his desire, or his commitment to the team.

FAX

There's nothing wrong with that entire post. He dropped at least 1 and he had another one that was broken up on an outstanding play by the safety. When you're used to catching balloons floating at you and you get nothing but fastballs now, it takes a little time to adjust.

Chargem
09-10-2018, 11:02 AM
The more I think about it, the more this thread is completely backwards. We saw what the offense was like without any contribution from Kelce in the 2nd half of the Titans game. That we can win without Kelce contributing is a massive positive.

By the way, my favourite Kelce play of the game was on the DAT touchdown, Kelce peels out to block and set an edge for DAT and the play fooled the Chargers so badly Kelce is stood there with no one to block.

stevieray
09-10-2018, 11:05 AM

FAX

Me neither, Mr. FAX....just an observation.

FAX
09-10-2018, 11:14 AM
Me neither, Mr. FAX....just an observation.

I think it is an excellent observation, Mr. stevieray.

Mood-wise, that was a strange game. Tyreek, DAT, and the Human Trebuchet appeared to be walking on air most of the day (some of the o-line dudes, as well). But several other guys seemed extremely subdued to the point of near torpid lethargy at times. I count Kelce in that group ... Houston also.

Very odd. People are saying it was the heat, and maybe it was. You could definitely pick up on the vibe, though.

FAX

tmax63
09-16-2018, 07:40 PM
So, I bagged on Kelce last week and he went for 100+ and 2 td's. Who should I bag on this week? I guess Harris didn't have anything his way.

GloryDayz
09-16-2018, 08:40 PM
The fumble in the 4th quarter is bag worthy. I love the motor, but man, you've got to understand that you can't fumble then/there. It's not worth an extra yard (after the 1st down was had).

Sent from my 9+ using Tapatalk

rabblerouser
09-23-2018, 12:57 PM
Mahomes found him.