PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The one stat that blows my simple mind away....Oline gives up ONE SACK!

Trivers
09-16-2018, 06:30 PM
Pregame, I would have taken the "over" on a under/over of 5 Pitt sacks.

Look forward to rewatching the game and focusing on line play.

What happened? How many holding penalities did we have?

Who started at LG?

What did you think of oline play?

Molitoth
09-16-2018, 06:31 PM
It’s crazy having a QB who has pocket presence and doesn’t fetal at phantom pressure.

Reerun_KC
09-16-2018, 06:32 PM
Well you have a Real QB. Not a jag back there like we had the last 5 years.

Makes a difference. Plus teams have to respect Mahomes. Our precious JAG not so much.

Hammock Parties
09-16-2018, 06:33 PM
Alex has been sacked six times in two games.

CupidStunt
09-16-2018, 06:33 PM
I don't watch OL, I don't pretend to either, but they dominated that game which was a big part of the success. HUGE surprise to me. TJ Who?

Deberg_1990
09-16-2018, 06:35 PM
Some of the throws Mahomes makes with guys in his face are just incredible

Pasta Little Brioni
09-16-2018, 06:38 PM
Erving was solid

smithandrew051
09-16-2018, 06:39 PM
Well you have a Real QB. Not a jag back there like we had the last 5 years.

Makes a difference. Plus teams have to respect Mahomes. Our precious JAG not so much.

We had a JAG or worse at QB a lot longer than just the last 5 years

Strongside
09-16-2018, 06:40 PM
Erving was solid

This.

I've been super-critical of this dude, but he held his own today.

Iconic
09-16-2018, 06:42 PM

Dude somehow managed to make Trent Williams look like shit lol.

There's just no hope for Smith.

R Clark
09-16-2018, 06:43 PM
The oline has been pretty damn good.The one sack almost looked like it could have drawn a flag ,It would have in preseason

RINGLEADER
09-16-2018, 06:44 PM
Erving was solid

There were a couple of plays where he expertly pulled out across the line and just steamrolled his guy. It was impressive.

dlphg9
09-16-2018, 06:45 PM
I brought that up in another thread. So many excuses every year from the Smithtards. Well how's he supposed to throw it deep when he doesn't have any time!? The Oline is garbage. I had that argument so many times with friends. I told them once we get Mahomes starting the Oline will look a ton different. The excuses that piled up for a veteran qb who has been in the league for more than 10 years is amazing. Hell you'd even hear those excuses in the media. It was always someone else's fault. All we had to do for him to surpass 3500 yds was surround him with the winner of the rushing title, the number 1 or 2 TE, and the best WR in the game.

Deberg_1990
09-16-2018, 06:46 PM
Is Mahomes making the line or the line making Mahomes?

Rasputin
09-16-2018, 06:49 PM

Alex is going get fisted in the NFC East

JohnnyHammersticks
09-16-2018, 06:51 PM
It’s crazy having a QB who has pocket presence and doesn’t fetal at phantom pressure.

This. One thousand times this.

We've been conditioned over the last decade to see QBs start dancing and fold like a cheap lawn chair at the first hint of pressure. Mahomes is the anti-Cassel/Smith.

petegz28
09-16-2018, 06:52 PM

Yes...I think they know if they block that extra second for him it's a big play.

I also think he doesn't wait for guys to get 10 yards open before he throws so that means they don't have to block as long

SAUTO
09-16-2018, 06:52 PM
And mahomes ran into that one unnecessarily

Hammock Parties
09-16-2018, 06:55 PM
And mahomes ran into that one unnecessarily

He was stepping up to throw and the rush was just about a yard too close to him.

Tough play. I'll take it every time if he's going for a deep ball though.

Demonpenz
09-16-2018, 07:18 PM
This. One thousand times this.

We've been conditioned over the last decade to see QBs start dancing and fold like a cheap lawn chair at the first hint of pressure. Mahomes is the anti-Cassel/Smith.

cheap lawn chairs don't fold easily.

rabblerouser
09-16-2018, 07:20 PM
I brought that up in another thread. So many excuses every year from the Smithtards. Well how's he supposed to throw it deep when he doesn't have any time!? The Oline is garbage. I had that argument so many times with friends. I told them once we get Mahomes starting the Oline will look a ton different. The excuses that piled up for a veteran qb who has been in the league for more than 10 years is amazing. Hell you'd even hear those excuses in the media. It was always someone else's fault. All we had to do for him to surpass 3500 yds was surround him with the winner of the rushing title, the number 1 or 2 TE, and the best WR in the game.

AND HE STILL COULDN'T SCORE A SINGLE POINT IN THE 2ND HALF OF THAT PLAYOFF GAME.

jspchief
09-16-2018, 07:21 PM
/thread

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ThaVirus
09-16-2018, 08:07 PM
They've played well.

I love attacking everything downfield.. and we haven't even bothered to change things up with any RB and TE screens. Hell, we've basically abandoned WR screens. I never thought I'd see the day.

Reerun_KC
09-16-2018, 08:10 PM
We had a JAG or worse at QB a lot longer than just the last 5 years

QFT

pugsnotdrugs19
09-16-2018, 08:12 PM
All of the sudden Eric Fisher looks like an actually good left tackle, Andy Heck looks like a good OL coach, etc...

Funny really.

htismaqe
09-16-2018, 08:12 PM
The ability of the QB to take the top off the defense at any time makes the offensive line's job easier in both the run and pass game. It cannot be understated how much pressure the dink and dunk puts on the offensive line to be perfect, which NO offensive line can be.

Easy 6
09-16-2018, 08:13 PM
They've played well.

I love attacking everything downfield.. and we haven't even bothered to change things up with any RB and TE screens. Hell, we've basically abandoned WR screens. I never thought I'd see the day.

Reid no longer has to run cover for his QB with those do nothing screens

Hammock Parties
09-16-2018, 08:13 PM
All of the sudden Eric Fisher looks like an actually good left tackle, Andy Heck looks like a good OL coach, etc...

Funny really.

Fisher doesn't look good. Mahomes is just getting rid of the ball.

htismaqe
09-16-2018, 08:14 PM

Fisher actually looks pretty bad most of the time. Horrible waste of a #1 overall pick.

Reerun_KC
09-16-2018, 08:15 PM
Fisher actually looks pretty bad most of the time. Horrible waste of a #1 overall pick.

Exactly

Deberg_1990
09-16-2018, 08:18 PM

Who would you have picked in that draft? He’s been ok compared to most of the other ‘alledged’ top talent in that draft.

CasselGotPeedOn
09-16-2018, 08:20 PM

You need to start putting all of your posts in NSFW tags. You're making everyone dumber by exposing them to your drivel.

htismaqe
09-16-2018, 08:21 PM
Who would you have picked in that draft? He’s been ok compared to most of the other ‘alledged’ top talent in that draft.

Hindsight is always 20/20. I wanted a QB and they all turned out to be awful. I still never would have taken Fisher. Taking offensive linemen that high in the draft is almost always anti-climatic.

srvy
09-16-2018, 08:27 PM
Mahomes has a quik release almost on par with Marino's.

Coach
09-16-2018, 08:56 PM
Hindsight is always 20/20. I wanted a QB and they all turned out to be awful. I still never would have taken Fisher. Taking offensive linemen that high in the draft is almost always anti-climatic.

It was a bad class all around, but hindsight, it was either Joeckel or Fisher. While Fisher will never live up to the #1 pick, it could have been worse.

Joeckel is a definition of a bust as he is currently a free agent, was rated one of the worst LT's by PFF ratings (subjective, I know), and no team has bothered to pick him up. Meanwhile, Fisher is still here in KC.

WhiteWhale
09-16-2018, 09:04 PM
Good god.

The only sack they gave up up was about 0.5 seconds away from being a touchdown.

Mahomes pulled it down because he knew he couldn't step in and get the needed mustard on the ball, but if he has that time it's another 50+ yard TD for Hill.

WhiteWhale
09-16-2018, 09:05 PM

Yeah, he didn't look good when he was killing drives in the 2nd quarter.

Hammock Parties
09-16-2018, 09:18 PM
"but the offensive line"

https://i.imgur.com/v1x6UuS.png

36-yard gain

Eleazar
09-16-2018, 09:25 PM
They had some laughable moments, but by and large the o-line was good enough today.

Mahomes slinging the ball the way he does takes a lot of pressure off them.

smithandrew051
09-16-2018, 09:28 PM

So much THIS!

I’ve had this argument a thousand times. People seem to swear that all of the elite QBs have these monster offensive lines. That’s just not true.

The blueprint was out on how to beat the Alex Smith Chiefs. Load the box. Bring the blitz. Dare him to beat you deep (ESPECIALLY Pre-Tyreek in 2017).

Only elite offensive lines can succeed without a QB that you fear.

We haven’t seen it quite yet, but the run game is about to explode. You can’t load the box against Mahomes. These teams are going to have to start laying back. That’s when the run game will really take off. I predict around week 6 or 7.

JakeF
09-16-2018, 10:31 PM
Erving was solid
He got owned several times that just didn't end up in a sack. Let's not get carried away, Erving still sucks.

Our run blocking is still terrible on the left side. We pretty much have to run to the right or we get nothing.

WhiteWhale
09-16-2018, 10:34 PM
"but the offensive line"

https://i.imgur.com/v1x6UuS.png

36-yard gain

"But look at his mechanics! " ROFL

dlphg9
09-16-2018, 10:39 PM
It's the same offensive line that it has always been. They aren't the best line in the league, but they are adequate enough for a qb who knows what they are doing. Mahomes makes the players around him better and I love it

Hammock Parties
09-16-2018, 10:42 PM
Mahomes makes the players around him better and I love it

they aren't better

they still suck, mahomes just doesn't give a shit

if he feels pressure he knows where to go with the ball to avoid a sack

as opposed to pissing down one's leg and entertaining the romper room on Chiefsplanet

lcarus
09-16-2018, 10:49 PM
they aren't better

they still suck, mahomes just doesn't give a shit

if he feels pressure he knows where to go with the ball to avoid a sack

as opposed to pissing down one's leg and entertaining the romper room on Chiefsplanet

I'll never forget all the "ghost pressures" on Smith where he just randomly freaked out and did an Assyrian folk dance and checked down, threw it away, or went fetal.

Hammock Parties
09-16-2018, 10:51 PM
Assyrian folk dance

ROFLROFLROFL

More like ASS11 Fuck Dance

FAX
09-17-2018, 01:49 AM
cheap lawn chairs don't fold easily.

ROFL

No.

No, they don't.

FAX

FAX
09-17-2018, 01:57 AM
As for the subject at hand, the Stoolers are pretty stout as far as the front 7 is concerned.

Even so, the o-line wasn't anything to write home about. There were some extreme breakdowns, in fact. Wally calls it "battling" and we did "battle". But so did King Porus and look what happened to him. He "battled" like a wild man then gave us the word, "porous" - the big pussy bastard.

If we want to keep the Human Trebuchet actually "human", we need to step it up.

FAX

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-17-2018, 02:49 AM
Yes...I think they know if they block that extra second for him it's a big play.

I also think he doesn't wait for guys to get 10 yards open before he throws so that means they don't have to block as long

I think it's more that he keeps his eyes downfield and sees the receivers. How many times did we see Alex tucking and running while receivers are wide ass open waving their arms.