PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs This team overcame two 14 point turnarounds today

Best22
09-16-2018, 10:14 PM
The first was late in the first quarter when Roethlisberger fumbled, and Chris Jones scooped and scored. It would've been 28-0, instead it was 21-7 in the blink of an eye. 14 point turnaround

The second was late in the 4th, KC led 42-30, was driving, but Conley fumbled. Pitt immediately scored a touchdown, and instead of a 49-30 or 45-30 game, it was 42-37.

Those types of mistakes and missed opportunities usually doom a team

What. A. Game

Halfcan
09-16-2018, 10:16 PM
Mahomes could have had 7 Td's today except for the fumble.

Crazy!

FloridaMan88
09-16-2018, 10:43 PM
Amazing what happens when the Chiefs finally bring the proper ammunition to a shootout, rather than a bubble (screen) gun.

kcxiv
09-16-2018, 10:46 PM
The whole time, i kept thinking, we are going to lose this, no fucking way. My brain is programmed to expect the team to embarrass its fan base, because to be honest, thats all i know from this team. Finally bringing an AK to a gun fight instead of a fucking BB Gun.

DRM08
09-16-2018, 10:46 PM
Mahomes could have had 7 Td's today except for the fumble.

Crazy!

That and the KC offense going into conservative mode to run the clock. Game was tied at halftime.

If the Steelers were able to keep better pace in the 2nd half, I think Mahomes would have gone for 8+ TD's if necessary. Steelers just weren't efficient enough to keep pace which gave the Chiefs a comfortable lead until Conley fumble.

lcarus
09-16-2018, 10:55 PM
1st and 10 from the Steelers 36 with 5:07 to go. Conley fumbled. I was so pissed because it seemed that was the perfect time to pound Kareem Hunt 2 plays in a row - maybe 3 - and at minimum get a FG. Then it would be all but over.

The perfect punt that led to a safety before that was a huge momentum swinger as well. Really there were about 5 or 6 times this game was tinkering on blowout territory. I'd love to see a replay of the Scandrick "holding" that took points off the board.

rabblerouser
09-16-2018, 10:56 PM
Amazing what happens when the Chiefs finally bring the proper ammunition to a shootout, rather than a bubble (screen) gun. I see what you did there.

:clap:

Gravedigger
09-16-2018, 10:58 PM
1st and 10 from the Steelers 36 with 5:07 to go. Conley fumbled. I was so pissed because it seemed that was the perfect time to pound Kareem Hunt 2 plays in a row - maybe 3 - and at minimum get a FG. Then it would be all but over.

The perfect punt that led to a safety before that was a huge momentum swinger as well. Really there were about 5 or 6 times this game was tinkering on blowout territory. I'd love to see a replay of the Scandrick "holding" that took points off the board.

That was just a bad playcalling on the run out of the endzone. Usually that's the plan is to pound it out of the endzone but PM could've easily done a short pass to get us out of there.

lcarus
09-16-2018, 11:01 PM
That was just a bad playcalling on the run out of the endzone. Usually that's the plan is to pound it out of the endzone but PM could've easily done a short pass to get us out of there.

Yeah it was. I was pleased they went for a 99 yard bomb to Tyreek on 1st down at least. The Steelers were lucky we didn't drop 3 or 4 more bombs on their asses. Just missed. That's ok. Keep slingin.

rabblerouser
09-16-2018, 11:02 PM

we all would.

In last year's @Oakland flagfest with Oall and getting like 4 or 5 untied downs to get the winning TD...there was a holding call on Murray that was the biggest bunch of bullshit...

Make no mistake, the refs TRIED to give this game to Pit. And in the past, we would've curled up in the Matt Cassel fetal position and choked.

Mahomes has already erased that.

With this guy behind these weapons, we are NEVER out of a game.

rabblerouser
09-16-2018, 11:05 PM

Agreed; I loved the 1st down call but the run seemed so slow developing after all those really fast plays, should have called something quick and short - one missed tackle and either Hill or Watkins will take it to the house.

But get some breathing room before calling the ISO.

Frazod
09-16-2018, 11:07 PM
The whole time, i kept thinking, we are going to lose this, no fucking way. My brain is programmed to expect the team to embarrass its fan base, because to be honest, thats all i know from this team. Finally bringing an AK to a gun fight instead of a fucking BB Gun.

Yep. After the $tealer$' ref-led comeback I just knew we were fucked. But we weren't. These are not Alice's Chiefs.

We're like battered wives who finally threw the bum out after years of abuse. It's hard to accept that things have really changed.

DRM08
09-16-2018, 11:10 PM

Or at least a QB sneak is better than going backwards 5 yards for a handoff in the end zone.

rabblerouser
09-16-2018, 11:11 PM
Yep. After the $tealer$' ref-led comeback I just knew we were ****ed. But we weren't. These are not Alice's Chiefs.

We're like battered wives who finally threw the bum out after years of abuse. It's hard to accept that things have really changed.

Believe it.

The kid has the moxie, the intangibles, the swag, the cannon, the smarts...he's the total package.

The really for real REAL DEAL.

Kid threw more TDs than incomplete passes.

And the best part :

He's going to only get better.

rabblerouser
09-16-2018, 11:12 PM
Or at least a QB sneak is better than going backwards 5 yards for a handoff in the end zone.

Yup.

Nickhead
09-16-2018, 11:20 PM

muscle memory is a terrible thing to retrain :D

farmerchief
09-17-2018, 06:34 AM
I'd love to see a replay of the Scandrick "holding" that took points off the board.
I have no doubt, he probably was holding, he has to at times, to make up for his lack of speed, as he's getting older. But, in his defense, he did seem to use his veteran savy to force WR's to the sidelines multiple times, making them change their routes a bit. He's probably doing all he can do, with the talent he has left. I would hope one of the late pickups during the preseason could develop quickly, as Im sure they have more speed to utilize. Just my opinion.:hmmm: