PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How to stop Mahomes from beating you.

jjjayb
09-17-2018, 12:04 PM
If you're a defensive coordinator looking to stop Mahomes and this Chiefs offense, my advice would be to lobby the NFL to make some sort of schedule change to push your matchup to 2023 or so. At the very least, try to get a November or December time slot so you'll at least get to see everything they're doing on tape. We still haven't really seen the Chiefs get their running game going for big chunks of yardage with Hunt or Mahomes. When that shows up, you may just want to resign and wait for your team to hire Bieniemy to take over as coach.

ROFL

From this article at ESPN:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24706442/the-nfl-return-fun-entertaining-football-2018-season-week-2

Simply Red
09-17-2018, 12:12 PM
nice

Ming the Merciless
09-17-2018, 12:13 PM
honestly i would just let it happen

http://images.wildammo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/jjZnE.gif

hotrod
09-17-2018, 12:28 PM
it will take more than paying off Jerome boger.

mschiefs1984
09-17-2018, 12:34 PM
You don't

Hammock Parties
09-17-2018, 12:34 PM
Go back in time and prevent his parents from meeting.

T-post Tom
09-17-2018, 12:37 PM
nice. from the same article...

When teams don't bother the second-year quarterback, he has posted a league-best passer rating of 151.9 while completing 78.9 percent of his passes, averaging 11 yards per attempt, and throwing nine touchdown passes. When teams do get pressure, Mahomes' passer rating falls to 101.6 percent

ROFL Life is good for Chiefs' fans.

rabblerouser
09-17-2018, 01:00 PM
honestly i would just let it happen

http://images.wildammo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/jjZnE.gif

I mean...if it's inevitable, ya may as well lay back and enjoy it...right?!

Sassy Squatch
09-17-2018, 01:03 PM
Bieniemy very well could get a head coaching job out of this. That's fucking hilarious.

Couch-Potato
09-17-2018, 01:06 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24703762/overreact-nfl-2018-week-2-patrick-mahomes-break-records

Patrick Mahomes will break Peyton Manning's record of 55 touchdown passes in a season
Mahomes is off to a nuclear start, with 10 touchdown passes in two games putting him on pace for an 80-touchdown season. Twenty-six percent of his completions and 18 percent of his attempts have resulted in touchdowns. And the Chargers and Steelers, the teams he has beaten, profiled as two of the tougher games on Kansas City's schedule.

Graziano's verdict: NOT AN OVERREACTION. Simple math, folks. The kid has to average only 3.2 touchdowns a game the rest of the way. Sure, Monday is just his 23rd birthday, he has started only three games and he's bound to throw at least one interception at some point this year. But is it crazy to think that a player with Mahomes' talent, his creative head coach and his array of dazzling passing-game options could keep putting up big numbers? The way the Chiefs' defense looks, this won't be his last shootout.

Halfcan
09-17-2018, 01:46 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24703762/overreact-nfl-2018-week-2-patrick-mahomes-break-records

Patrick Mahomes will break Peyton Manning's record of 55 touchdown passes in a season
Mahomes is off to a nuclear start, with 10 touchdown passes in two games putting him on pace for an 80-touchdown season. Twenty-six percent of his completions and 18 percent of his attempts have resulted in touchdowns. And the Chargers and Steelers, the teams he has beaten, profiled as two of the tougher games on Kansas City's schedule.

Graziano's verdict: NOT AN OVERREACTION. Simple math, folks. The kid has to average only 3.2 touchdowns a game the rest of the way. Sure, Monday is just his 23rd birthday, he has started only three games and he's bound to throw at least one interception at some point this year. But is it crazy to think that a player with Mahomes' talent, his creative head coach and his array of dazzling passing-game options could keep putting up big numbers? The way the Chiefs' defense looks, this won't be his last shootout.

Wouldn't be awesome to sweep Manning and Brady completely off the Tds / Games record book in his first full season? Turn the record book red and banish fucking Cheating ass Manning!!

Hoover
09-17-2018, 01:54 PM
Seriously, do I bench Brandy on my Fantasy Football league and put in Mahomes?

kysirsoze
09-17-2018, 01:57 PM

How are you possibly asking this question?

Pitt Gorilla
09-17-2018, 02:00 PM
Bieniemy very well could get a head coaching job out of this. That's fucking hilarious.

Still recalling fans on this board worrying about Bienemy, although they couldn’t articulate why. It was a special kind of stupid.

suzzer99
09-17-2018, 02:04 PM

Well if Nagy keeps crapping the bed that could slow down demand.

Molitoth
09-17-2018, 02:10 PM

duh, and you trade Brady.

kysirsoze
09-17-2018, 02:11 PM
Still recalling fans on this board worrying about Bienemy, although they couldn’t articulate why. It was a special kind of stupid.

I think the worry was his background. Never bothered me, though. I figure if there's two things I trust Andy for it's developing a QB and identifying offensive coaching talent.

smithandrew051
09-17-2018, 02:17 PM
You know what I just realized?

We’ve barely thrown any screen passes this year. Imagine what Conley and Hill will be able to do on screens once other teams start over committing to stoping the vertical passing game.

FAX
09-17-2018, 02:39 PM
You know what I just realized?

We’ve barely thrown any screen passes this year. Imagine what Conley and Hill will be able to do on screens once other teams start over committing to stoping the vertical passing game.

They'll come (the screens, I mean).

The thing I like most about Mahomes (well ... maybe the most) is that the enemy has to defend every square inch of grass. No area is off-limits with these skill players and the Human Trebuchet.

DCs on our schedule have to be wetting themselves ... and probably everybody in their proximity.

FAX

Talisman
09-17-2018, 02:43 PM
I have a coworker (claims to be a Chiefs fan) who has both Mahomes and Smith on his FFB team. And he started Smith. :shake:

Johnny Vegas
09-17-2018, 02:44 PM

Bench Brady and keep him for week 12 then bench his ass again

Frazod
09-17-2018, 02:53 PM
I have a coworker (claims to be a Chiefs fan) who has both Mahomes and Smith on his FFB team. And he started Smith. :shake:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/24aa510ef850121848adcf45e1a7be09/tenor.gif?itemid=5540011

Beef Supreme
09-17-2018, 03:17 PM
You can't stop him. You can't even hope to contain him.