PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ANOTHER missed hold.....

BlackOp
09-18-2018, 09:21 PM
Found another one..holy shit!

This was on the long pass to the TE...Dude has BOTH of Jones jersey sleeves and is pulling straight up like they are handles...unbelievable. It's RIGHT THERE in the open.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm264/defiant68/Untitled%203_zpsqecswo2a.jpg

Jewish Rabbi
09-18-2018, 09:23 PM
Isn’t this getting a little redundant? Who still cares?

Simply Red
09-18-2018, 09:24 PM
re dick

Fish
OMG y'all!

Simply Red

not really - our defense was held 70% of that game - it's ridiculous.

BlackOp
09-18-2018, 09:25 PM

Umm, we all should. There is a chance KC gets this crew in the post season.

This kind of bullshit can end your season....like it did 2 years ago.

I'm sick of KC getting hosed when playing the Steelers...that comeback should never have happened.

Got to spread the word...raise awareness.

These two photo grabs arent even the one that Mellinger pointed out on the scramble TD..

Third Eye
09-18-2018, 09:33 PM
This will never get called at any level, and shouldn’t for that matter.

BlackOp
09-18-2018, 09:35 PM
This will never get called at any level, and shouldn’t for that matter.

You cant just grab a guys jersey, hang onto it and pull him out of the play...re-watch it. What do you think the term "holding" means?

He doesnt have his hands under his pads...he has two fists of jersey and is pulling on it.

New World Order
09-18-2018, 09:38 PM
They’re just not going to call offensive holding this year.

Third Eye
09-18-2018, 09:40 PM
You cant just grab a guys jersey and hang onto it...watch the play. What do you think the term "holding" means?

Guessing you never played football. If you keep your hands within the frame, it’s not going to get called. Hell, proper technique, TAUGHT technique, is to grab right below where the shoulder straps attach and push the pads up. Totally eliminates a defender’s leverage.

BlackOp
09-18-2018, 09:42 PM
Guessing you never played football. If you keep your hands within the frame, it’s not going to get called. Hell, proper technique, TAUGHT technique, is to grab right below where the shoulder straps attach and push the pads up. Totally eliminates a defender’s leverage.

Dude..look at that picture. He's not pushing up on his pads...he's hanging on for dear life.

Go watch the play...there is link in the other thread.

wasi
09-18-2018, 09:44 PM
This week we get all the calls

DRM08
09-18-2018, 09:47 PM
Not much you can do. Just hope the offense drops 40-50 every week.

Shaid
09-18-2018, 09:51 PM
Noone's calling a jersey pull when the lineman is between the defender and the qb. If they did, we'd see calls nearly every play. There were bad holds, this doesn't look like one of them.

BlackOp
09-18-2018, 09:55 PM
Noone's calling a jersey pull when the lineman is between the defender and the qb. If they did, we'd see calls nearly every play. There were bad holds, this doesn't look like one of them.

OK...so when you're about to get beat, just grab the guys jersey and hang on to it and pull him out of the play.

KC should do this every play....

beach tribe
09-18-2018, 09:55 PM

They will if we play Pitt in the POs.

L.A. Chieffan
09-18-2018, 09:56 PM

I'm ok with this as long as it goes both ways.

BlackOp
09-18-2018, 09:58 PM

This shit has me worried and it's only week 2...must be nice to be NE/ Pittsburgh and the thought of having your season stolen, in the playoffs, never enters your mind.

Rasputin
09-18-2018, 10:00 PM
It's just something we are going have to overcome . That shit happened to Tamba Hali all the time but we didn't have a quarterback that could score at will.

No excuses just fucking overcome all obstetrical's and when we are SB Champions it's just going be that much sweeter.

wasi
09-18-2018, 10:00 PM
OK...so when you're about to get beat, just grab the guys jersey and hang on to it and pull him out of the play.

The Oline isn't getting beat on this play and hanging on. I agree with your arguement but this is a bad exampel

BlackOp
09-18-2018, 10:04 PM
The Oline isn't getting beat on this play and hanging on. I agree with your arguement but this is a bad exampel

So..maybe I'm confused here. If the defender is in front of you..you can grab both sleeves of his jersey, pull up and not let go? Just two fists of jersey...nothing else.

Rasputin
09-18-2018, 10:04 PM

Steelers are fucking done for not going make the post season.

This maybe Rapist last year he has been contemplating retire (spelled rape) for several years now.

Things arn't going his way and the team is in shambles bickering and being drama queens.

Shaid
09-18-2018, 10:05 PM

Just telling you, it happens all the time. If you are between the defender and the QB, no call, if they get to your edge or the QB scrambles past you and you don't let go, that's when they'll call it. Of course we know some teams are allowed to hold even then but in general the pic you are posting isn't getting called.

Nickhead
09-18-2018, 11:30 PM
offenses should not be allowed to wear the same color gloves as their defensive counterparts jersey :thumb:

wasi
09-19-2018, 12:00 AM
So..maybe I'm confused here. If the defender is in front of you..you can grab both sleeves of his jersey, pull up and not let go? Just two fists of jersey...nothing else.

It is hard to agrue a still image. post a gif or something and it is much easier to judge.
If the QB rolls, the hold continues... it is a flag.

Hard to judge since I don't recall this particular play

BlackOp
09-19-2018, 03:27 AM
It is hard to agrue a still image. post a gif or something and it is much easier to judge.
If the QB rolls, the hold continues... it is a flag.

Hard to judge since I don't recall this particular play

16:20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-Ozpt0XIFs

farmerchief
09-19-2018, 05:05 AM
Just telling you, it happens all the time. If you are between the defender and the QB, no call, if they get to your edge or the QB scrambles past you and you don't let go, that's when they'll call it. Of course we know some teams are allowed to hold even then but in general the pic you are posting isn't getting called.

Yep, your description sounds the way, Ive interpreted holding. Ive heard announcers say if you hold, keep your hands between the shoulder pads, and the refs deem that acceptable. But it the defender beats you to one side or the other, you need to release, or you may be called for holding at that point.

Mile High Mania
09-19-2018, 05:09 AM
This is BlackOp watching footage looking for repeated infractions... I don't even want to know what would be happening had KC lost.

https://gifer.com/i/HtDp.gif

MotherfuckerJones
09-19-2018, 05:21 AM
This is BlackOp watching footage looking for repeated infractions... I don't even want to know what would be happening had KC lost.

https://gifer.com/i/HtDp.gif

The refs did their best to try and make that happen

Mile High Mania
09-19-2018, 05:26 AM
The refs did their best to try and make that happen

Well, now that KC has a QBotF badass... hopefully the refs will now start calling things in your favor. It's tough listening to ref commentary after losses, it's miserable after the wins. :D

stevieray
09-19-2018, 05:27 AM
I don't even want to know what would be happening had KC lost.

pffft, you'd be on the front row.

IowaHawkeyeChief
09-19-2018, 05:34 AM

QFT

Mile High Mania
09-19-2018, 05:41 AM
pffft, you'd be on the front row.

Meh... quite the contrary. I enjoyed watching the game this past week, it was fun watching Mahomes. I've said it a dozen times - I really enjoy pass happy offenses. I won't enjoy watching the games where KC explodes in victory over Denver.

I've talked a lot of noise in my time here, but I've been pretty straight forward...

And, my comment that you responded to was more towards BlackOp and I'd hate to know what would be happening had KC lost. Seems he has a quota of things to complain about and at 2-0, he's struggling to be happy and just enjoy the ride.