PDA

View Full Version : Football Chris Simms roasts Matt Nagy

Mecca
09-20-2018, 12:39 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GCYojctb-e4?start=2250" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you watch through that, he starts by saying that the announcers put out shit the coaches tell them, ok I knew that. They talk about all the negative shit that's out there about Trubisky and the graphic that was up during the MNF game where it shows Trubisky 7 TDs 7 INTs second year etc..

Under it says from Matt Nagy "I have to pull back what I am as a playcaller"

To which Chris Simms says "what a cheapshot chickenshit move"

Suffice to say that isn't going over very well for Nagy eh.

DRM08
09-20-2018, 12:45 PM
I saw Nagy said it’s an unfair comparison because Mahomes has an extra year in the Reid/Nagy system. That’s true to an extent, but it’s also true that Trubisky has an extra year of game reps against 1st string NFL defenses.

It’s also true that Mahomes has a much higher ceiling. The college tape shows it. Nagy would agree if you gave him truth serum.

Rasputin
09-20-2018, 12:45 PM
Patrick Mahomes II leads the league in Touchdowns/0int to boot without Nagy nagging him.

Killer Mack makes the Bears without him they would be 0/2 not 1/1.

I'm really just glad we don't face KillerBearManPigMack.

FAX
09-20-2018, 12:49 PM
I really like these guys.

FAX

Mecca
09-20-2018, 12:50 PM
I actually enjoy that show just because of how much Simms doesn't hold back at all.

Shaid
09-20-2018, 12:50 PM
I really like Chris Simms, that's who should be the commentator on MNF.

Mecca
09-20-2018, 12:51 PM

He won't get to swear all the time on there though which is one of his appeals...

Shaid
09-20-2018, 12:54 PM
He won't get to swear all the time on there though which is one of his appeals...

True but he can still get his point across without it.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-20-2018, 12:55 PM
Chris Simms has been a favorite of mine for awhile. Very real.

Mecca
09-20-2018, 12:57 PM
Also in that video is completely discusses some offensive concepts Jon Gruden is using that the NFL moved away from years ago...

Hoover
09-20-2018, 01:01 PM
I think what Nagy said is probably true. I don't think that means he's down or sour on Mitch.

Mecca
09-20-2018, 01:02 PM
I think what Nagy said is probably true. I don't think that means he's down or sour on Mitch.

Maybe it is, but saying that, and then feeding McFarland lines about his footwork etc etc, makes Nagy look bush league.

You keep that shit in house instead of basically calling him out publicly through other people.

RunKC
09-20-2018, 01:04 PM
Nagy realized how limited Trubisky is.

Trey Burton, Jordan Howard, Tarik Cohen, Taylor Gabriel, Allen Robinson, Anthony Miller. And they have Kevin White as their last resort.

How the **** can a QB look so bad with that much talent? It’s not like Nagy is calling bad plays.

I don’t blame Nagy for being pissed. He went from Mahomes being unlimited to Trubisky being Alex Smith.

Mecca
09-20-2018, 01:05 PM
Trubisky started like 8 games in college, that's the biggest issue there he is so damn raw.

He does look kinda like Alex Smith though that's for sure.

staylor26
09-20-2018, 01:06 PM
If he wanted a QB like Mahomes he should’ve stayed. He could’ve had his choice at a QB situation year by year till the right one popped up.

Dayze
09-20-2018, 01:07 PM
love his comparison of the situation of Nagy calling out Trubisky's footwork issues to McFarland to a picture of McCarthy's Record with a quote from Rodgers "I've been proppign up that MF for years"

LMAO

DRM08
09-20-2018, 01:08 PM
Nagy realized how limited Trubisky is.

Trey Burton, Jordan Howard, Tarik Cohen, Taylor Gabriel, Allen Robinson, Anthony Miller. And they have Kevin White as their last resort.

How the **** can a QB look so bad with that much talent? It’s not like Nagy is calling bad plays.

I don’t blame Nagy for being pissed. He went from Mahomes being unlimited to Trubisky being Alex Smith.

He can’t be mad. Could have stayed in KC and took over for Andy when he retires. Nobody forced him to take the Bears job.

FAX
09-20-2018, 01:10 PM
Trublindski is a project with a low ceiling and (maybe) a high floor.

Nags wants to play chess like his esteemed mentor and Da Bears handed him 1 checker and a box of wet wipes.

Simms is right, though. Nagy knew full well what he was walking into ... and if he didn't know, he should have.

FAX

chiefforlife
09-20-2018, 01:13 PM

Nags wants to play chess like his esteemed mentor and Da Bears handed him 1 checker and a box of wet wipes.

Simms is right, though. Nagy knew full well what he was walking into ... and if he didn't know, he should have.

FAX

Agreed, Nagy was in on evaluating the QBs from that draft. He surely did research on Trubisky, Mahomes and Watson.
I told a friend of mine during that Bears game, Imagine trading up to 2, drafting Trubisky and leaving Mahomes and Watson on the board? Wow thats gotta suck!

chinaski
09-20-2018, 01:18 PM
Perhaps that's why Nagy threw down on the Mack trade knowing that shoring up the defense could at least keep them somewhat competitive.

Frazod
09-20-2018, 01:40 PM
Also keep in mind, one of the first things Nagy did was bring in Daniel.

Like they said, maybe he got all the playing time in the preseason for a reason.

FAX
09-20-2018, 01:49 PM
Perhaps that's why Nagy threw down on the Mack trade knowing that shoring up the defense could at least keep them somewhat competitive.

If that's what happened, it makes perfect sense.

(Not that I would know perfect sense if it crapped in my Mallorcas.)

FAX

JakeF
09-20-2018, 01:55 PM
Chris Simms is a young Skip Bayless. Mike Florio hired him and made Chris his little attention whore. Now Simms says whatever will get him attention. It's only going to get worse the further down the Skip Bayless Road he goes.

Mecca
09-20-2018, 01:56 PM
Chris Simms is a young Skip Bayless. Mike Florio hired him and made Chris his little attention whore. Now Simms says whatever will get him attention. It's only going to get worse the further down the Skip Bayless Road he goes.

That is a really bad comparison, I don't think Skip Bayless sits around watching all 22 game tape, or has playing experience.

I couldn't disagree more with this comment, everything Simms says has merit and he backs it up.

Shoes
09-20-2018, 02:01 PM

This is such a bad take- Chris Simms is nowhere near Skip Bayless.

staylor26
09-20-2018, 02:03 PM

:facepalm:

JakeF
09-20-2018, 02:09 PM
That is a really bad comparison, I don't think Skip Bayless sits around watching all 22 game tape, or has playing experience.

I couldn't disagree more with this comment, everything Simms says has merit and he backs it up.You can listen to that rag Florio guide Simms to say things in a way that will get him the most attention. He is the ultimate 'throw shit against the wall to see if it sticks' type guy. He makes me want to puke. I want to punch him in his smug little face. Ugh.

Mecca
09-20-2018, 02:12 PM
Really well his youtube show with Lefkoe is basically must watch stuff, he gives more no bullshit takes than anyone else out there.

Chiefnj2
09-20-2018, 02:12 PM
For anyone who didn't actually listen, Simms talks about head coaches being weasels in general. They will tell players to keep things in house and then after a game they'll call Schefter and guys like that and leak info. They will tell announcers things to talk about to either make themselves look better and/or use against players coming up for contracts to try and drive down their price.

Beef Supreme
09-20-2018, 02:15 PM
Chase Daniel probably gives the Bears a better chance than Trublindsky

DRM08
09-20-2018, 02:41 PM

That’s bound to be true. Both game managers but Chase has a million times more experience with the offensive system. But when you spend a #2 draft pick, you gotta play him.

Frazod
09-20-2018, 02:45 PM

I'd still like to know what the fuck the Bears saw in Trubisky to not only draft him so high, but actually trade up a spot to get him. Not to mention why the hell they thought somebody else would take him at #2.

And so would every Bears fan in Chicago.

Along with their new coach, apparently.

T-post Tom
09-20-2018, 03:27 PM
All that bile and no spleen. Impressive. :)

ModSocks
09-20-2018, 03:40 PM
I get the feels like Chris Simms does not like coaches in general.

Nickhead
09-20-2018, 04:49 PM

cause none of the coaches liked simms? i like his takes, but there is a reason he wasn't all that successful :thumb:

FAX
09-20-2018, 04:57 PM

LOL ... ya think?

Honestly, I'd rather hear that perspective than the usual Teicheresque or Schefteresque parroting we hear everywhere else.

To me, it's refreshing to hear somebody speak their personal truth to coaching power. Because I, for one, am tired of being manipulated by the NFL Deep State.

BTW, have you ever seen that NFL Films thing where Gruden and Simms are practicing with the team (Bucs, maybe?) and Gruden is flat bitching down on Simms during practice? If I could find it and figure out a way to post it, I would ... it's both interesting and very amusing. Makes you feel sorry for Simms, though.

FAX THE BELIEVER IN SPORTS LIBERTY

RedRaider56
09-20-2018, 04:59 PM
cause none of the coaches liked simms? i like his takes, but there is a reason he wasn't all that successful :thumb:

If I remember correctly, his daddy really pressured the UT coaches for Chris to become the starter at UT

WhiteWhale
09-20-2018, 08:08 PM
I mean... is Nagy wrong to do this?

He might see that Trubisky sucks, and wants to cut the chord as fast as possible so he doesn't end up fired because a QB he didn't want plays like hog shit.

WhiteWhale
09-20-2018, 08:13 PM
LOL ... ya think?

Honestly, I'd rather hear that perspective than the usual Teicheresque or Schefteresque parroting we hear everywhere else.

To me, it's refreshing to hear somebody speak their personal truth to coaching power. Because I, for one, am tired of being manipulated by the NFL Deep State.

BTW, have you ever seen that NFL Films thing where Gruden and Simms are practicing with the team (Bucs, maybe?) and Gruden is flat bitching down on Simms during practice? If I could find it and figure out a way to post it, I would ... it's both interesting and very amusing. Makes you feel sorry for Simms, though.

I have seen this video FAX the esoteric.

It was because Chris Simms was struggling to learn the play calls.

"My seven year old daughter knows these calls."

Or something to that effect.

KChiefs1
09-20-2018, 08:34 PM
I really like these guys.

FAX

One of the best podcasts out there.

KChiefs1
09-20-2018, 08:35 PM
Chris Simms has been a favorite of mine for awhile. Very real.

He’s a Mahomo too, so he has that going for him too.

alpha_omega
09-20-2018, 08:54 PM
Simms is kind of goofy, but good (except for that Aaron Rodgers song bit he does).

Buehler445
09-20-2018, 08:58 PM
I actually enjoy that show just because of how much Simms doesn't hold back at all.

I'm down. As long as he says shit like, "I've been propping this motherfucker up for 10 years" ROFL

FAX

That's funny shit. I'm stealing this. Just a heads up :D

I'd still like to know what the fuck the Bears saw in Trubisky to not only draft him so high, but actually trade up a spot to get him. Not to mention why the hell they thought somebody else would take him at #2.

And so would every Bears fan in Chicago.

Along with their new coach, apparently.

HE WAS REALLY ACCURATE For 8 games

Just spitballing here, but it could be. I emphasize could be because Gruden kept calling slow developing pass plays with a shit OL and got his spleen exploded and ruined his fucking career.

Aside -

Jesus fucking tapdancing Christ I still can't believe motherfuckers wanted him here before we hired Reid. Good fuck. Jeff Fisher too.
I'd have been done with football for awhile if this happened. It's only true symmetric beauty that this fuck is with the Faid.

NJChiefsFan
09-20-2018, 09:44 PM
I mean... is Nagy wrong to do this?

He might see that Trubisky sucks, and wants to cut the chord as fast as possible so he doesn't end up fired because a QB he didn't want plays like hog shit.

What is the value of him saying it publicly other than helping his own image?

Buehler445
09-20-2018, 09:51 PM

Prolly trying to get his next job.

KS Smitty
09-20-2018, 10:10 PM
Maybe Nagy isn't the offensive genious (CP spelling) that people were lead to believe he was. He should have known what he was getting at QB if he was such a great offensive guru. He also didn't learn much from Reid if he's "throwing his QB under the bus". Andy takes the blame not passes if off.

Buehler445
09-20-2018, 11:09 PM
Maybe Nagy isn't the offensive genious (CP spelling) that people were lead to believe he was. He should have known what he was getting at QB if he was such a great offensive guru. He also didn't learn much from Reid if he's "throwing his QB under the bus". Andy takes the blame not passes if off.

Right.

Precursor here: I’m not convinced his comment is that big of a deal.

That being said, there is no way you take that Chicago job if you haven’t scouted the fuck out of Mitch. Either that or you have the hard talk that he might not be the guy and the organization might have to eat shit on the pick. I have a hard time believing you get hired if that’s the case.

Nagy should get no passes for Mitch being dog shit for tools because there is no way he doesn’t know that going in. Unless of course he shitcans him in short order.

suzzer99
09-20-2018, 11:20 PM
Scalding hot take: Nagy was the product of our insane offensive skill players. He'll struggle with league average players.

WhiteWhale
09-20-2018, 11:31 PM

Honestly I don't think there's anything here.

Was there some expectation that a 2nd year QB would master the playbook in a few months? Nagy's playcalling looks fine. Trublindsky looks like garbage.

Nagy is probably sandbagging for himself but it's a far cry from throwing his QB under the bus. It's something kinda obvious one would assume to be true.

Chief Pagan
09-21-2018, 12:40 AM
He can’t be mad. Could have stayed in KC and took over for Andy when he retires. Nobody forced him to take the Bears job.

Nah, he needs some head coaching experience first if he is going to audition to be in charge of the best offense in the NFL.

:D

FAX
09-21-2018, 12:45 AM
Scalding hot take: Nagy was the product of our insane offensive skill players. He'll struggle with league average players.

This could very well be the case, Mr. suzzer99.

FAX

BlackOp
09-21-2018, 01:10 AM
Nagy did what any coach would do....Bieniemy will bolt too if someone offers him a HC gig with a #1 pick QB.

Nagy isn't on the hook for Trubisky...he didn't draft him.

Mecca
09-21-2018, 04:05 AM

He had a segment recently where he was discussing his career and he said who knows why things happen they way they do. He said everyone knows about my spleen injury but before I threw 3 picks in the BIG 12 championship game I was told I was a top 10 pick, after that no one wanted to talk to me anymore.

rabblerouser
09-21-2018, 05:07 AM
LOL ... ya think?

YES.

WhiteWhale
09-21-2018, 10:10 AM
He had a segment recently where he was discussing his career and he said who knows why things happen they way they do. He said everyone knows about my spleen injury but before I threw 3 picks in the BIG 12 championship game I was told I was a top 10 pick, after that no one wanted to talk to me anymore.

Yeah, and those teams were so wrong for passing him up as a top 10 pick huh?

Does anyone remember watching Simms? Because I do and at no point did he look like an NFL QB. From what I saw I wouldn't have been comfortable with him as the top back up.

Mecca
09-21-2018, 10:12 AM
In reality he went to a bad spot. Gruden was going through QB's like a meat grinder.

Buehler445
09-21-2018, 11:22 AM
In reality he went to a bad spot. Gruden was going through QB's like a meat grinder.

In that time, he was calling super long developing plays. That play he got dead on seemed to take an hour and he was still holding the ball when he got deaded.

WhiteWhale
09-21-2018, 11:23 AM

Brodie Croyle went to a bad spot too.

Doesn't change that I don't think either guy was going to hack it anyway.

Doesn't mean anything about him as a personality or analyst FWIW (I like him in those capacities), but I never saw anything in the guy that made me think "Wow, if only he was in another situation he could have been great." Might as well be Brian Griese. Jeesh, now that I think about it, that might be a bit flattering.

DRM08
09-21-2018, 11:29 AM
Mayfield’s performance last night is doing no favors for Trubisky.

B_Ambuehl
09-21-2018, 09:23 PM
That entire show is worth watching. He also annihilated Gruden. Said Carr just went 29-32 and only scored 19 pts. Blamed it on Gruden's outdated offense it only reads 1 side of the field and doesn't generate explosive plays.

Said Case Keenum is as good as Derek Carr. He does turn it over but stays aggressive and generates tons of big plays.