PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Whitlock: Chiefs...NFL's best offense since 1999 Rams.

CoMoChief
09-24-2018, 03:49 PM
Whitlock continues to drink up the Mahomes kool-aid. Can you blame him? Pretty strong statement.

I'll admit, there's plenty to frown over when it comes to Whitlock's history here in KC. But he truly at heart loves the Chiefs and wants to see this city get a SB trophy. And it's nice to see him show some love to flyover country on a national level. (Guess you could argue Mahomes is forcing the national media to). But IIRC didn't he donate a nice chunk of $ to the "Save Our Chiefs" airplane banner fund?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Oz6Lt8Pi7hg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Molitoth
09-24-2018, 03:52 PM
Whitlock continues to drink up the Mahomes kool-aid. Can you blame him? Pretty strong statement.

I'll admit, there's plenty to frown over when it comes to Whitlock's history here in KC. But he truly at heart loves the Chiefs and wants to see this city get a SB trophy. And it's nice to see him show some love to flyover country on a national level. (Guess you could argue Mahomes is forcing the national media to). But IIRC didn't he donate a nice chunk of $ to the "Save Our Chiefs" airplane banner fund?

What's to frown over Whitlock? He's basically been spouting the same shit that CP has been bitching about over the last decade.
Yes, he was on the Save our Chiefs bus.

Beef Supreme
09-24-2018, 03:53 PM
Less than two weeks ago Whitlock was still on the "were going to regret trading Alex Smith" train. Now he is trying to lead the parade.

Molitoth
09-24-2018, 03:55 PM
Holy shit, Whitlock went all in.

Hammock Parties
09-24-2018, 03:56 PM
i called it first Whitlock...

ROFL

This dude is so the anti-smorgasboard of robotic limpdick QBs we have had for the last 20 years.

He is going to be the Steph Curry of the NFL.

Molitoth
09-24-2018, 03:57 PM
Less than two weeks ago Whitlock was still on the "were going to regret trading Alex Smith" train. Now he is trying to lead the parade.

Week 1 didn't have him convinced.
Week 2 did.
Week 3 made him a full on homer.

Deberg_1990
09-24-2018, 04:20 PM
He is right about Mahomes and the Chiefs offense being our best defense. They put so much pressure on the opposing teams offense to keep pace. Forces them into mistakes

Rasputin
09-24-2018, 04:39 PM
Goff can't

make chicken salad out of chicken scratch,

make chicken salad out of chicken shit,

make chicken salad out of chicken stank,

make chicken salad out of chicken skank,

make chicken salad out of chicken stuff,

make chicken salad out of chicken shart,

make chicken salad out of chicken slunk,

make chicken salad out of chicken smack,

make chicken salad out of chicken stinker,

make chicken salad out of chicken shite,

but Patrick Mahomes II can.

Best22
09-24-2018, 04:42 PM
Goff can't

make chicken salad out of chicken scratch,

make chicken salad out of chicken shit,

make chicken salad out of chicken stank,

make chicken salad out of chicken skank,

make chicken salad out of chicken stuff,

make chicken salad out of chicken shart,

make chicken salad out of chicken slunk,

make chicken salad out of chicken smack,

make chicken salad out of chicken stinker,

make chicken salad out of chicken shite,

but Patrick Mahomes II can.

I mean, both offenses are 5 star chicken salad.

But Mahomes is definitely better at improvisation

MahomesMagic
09-24-2018, 04:50 PM
Goff is not Patrick Mahomes. He's a good QB. Mahomes is generational talent.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-24-2018, 04:57 PM
Did I hear that right ????

The Chiefs Defense on 3rd down is best in the league??

BTW: JIZZ

Molitoth
09-24-2018, 04:59 PM
Did I hear that right ????

The Chiefs Defense on 3rd down is best in the league??

Yes but that's only because teams are converting on 2nd and 4th downs, lol.
Retarded stat and I can't believe Whitlock even used it in a debate.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-24-2018, 05:01 PM
Yes but that's only because teams are converting on 2nd and 4th downs, lol.
Retarded stat and I can't believe Whitlock even used it in a debate.

Doesn't matter WE"RE #1 We'RE #1

ptlyon
09-24-2018, 05:36 PM
F twit. Sorry if Q.

Reerun_KC
09-24-2018, 05:44 PM
Anything Whitlock says is

MahiMike
09-24-2018, 05:54 PM
Defense does not win championships anymore. QBs do.

Coogs
09-24-2018, 05:58 PM

He was also on Watson over Mahomes.

KChiefs1
09-24-2018, 06:00 PM

He reads CP?

KChiefs1
09-24-2018, 06:03 PM

Can’t fault him for that because 99.9% were...there’s only very few of us who were on the Mahomes train before the 2017 draft.

Chiefshrink
09-24-2018, 06:06 PM
Stating the obvious.:rolleyes:

Coogs
09-24-2018, 06:20 PM
Can’t fault him for that because 99.9% were...there’s only very few of us who were on the Mahomes train before the 2017 draft.
This was 2 weeks ago.

Reerun_KC
09-24-2018, 06:22 PM
Defense does not win championships anymore. QBs do.

Yep. Chiefs fans need to live in the now and let 1989 go. Fail b-ball is s thing if the past.

JakeF
09-24-2018, 06:25 PM
I don't think our offensive line is good enough yet. I get the feeling that later in the year it's going to become an issue. I'm surprised it wasn't a problem against the Steelers.

KChiefs1
09-24-2018, 06:26 PM
I don't think our offensive line is good enough yet. I get the feeling that later in the year it's going to become an issue. I'm surprised it wasn't a problem against the Steelers.

On Kelce’s one-handed catch, Fisher completely whiffed his block.

Kiimo
09-24-2018, 06:33 PM
As an old school Catholic watching Whitlock is like seeing someone who is born again.

It's like hey I'm glad you "saw the light" but you probably don't need to be proselytizing at the top of your lungs outside Trader Joe's.

DRM08
09-24-2018, 06:35 PM

Yep, OL still a big question mark. Broncos will be a good test with their pass rush. Then the Jaguars will be a huge test.

WhiteWhale
09-24-2018, 06:45 PM

Well hell man, he admitted he was wrong and publicly apologized for ever doubting Mahomes.

What else do you want? Hari Kari?

Kiimo
09-24-2018, 06:47 PM
I want an apology for Trezelle Jenkins

SAUTO
09-24-2018, 06:55 PM
He reads CP?

He posts on CP

T-post Tom
09-24-2018, 08:31 PM
That segment would have been incredible if it had ended with Whitlock challenging his Co-host to a cage match. By the way, I can't believe Whitlock didn't throw Jeff George in with his list of quarterbacks that could have made that play.:)

kccrow
09-24-2018, 09:16 PM

You mean when you said this?

The only people who believe Mahomes is a first rounder are desperate fans.

Hammock Parties
09-24-2018, 09:20 PM
Oh fuck off. Opinions before he had even taken a snap in his first camp are irrelevant.

dlphg9
09-24-2018, 09:46 PM
So QBs are much more important in winning championships, but let's not forget the lowest ranked defense to win a super bowl was 27th and that is an outlier. Patrick Mahomes is good enough to win it. It is just gonna be tough. Knowing that our savior can't have even a mediocre game kinda sucks. I kinda wanna see him in a 2 minute drill or have a game winning drive. I want to have a little anxiety while watching the game, because right now I have none. I feel like we can't lose.

wazu
09-24-2018, 10:09 PM
So QBs are much more important in winning championships, but let's not forget the lowest ranked defense to win a super bowl was 27th and that is an outlier. Patrick Mahomes is good enough to win it. It is just gonna be tough. Knowing that our savior can't have even a mediocre game kinda sucks. I kinda wanna see him in a 2 minute drill or have a game winning drive. I want to have a little anxiety while watching the game, because right now I have none. I feel like we can't lose.

He did this in his very first game. On the road. In Denver.

I have plenty of anxiety, but it's all completely related to Mahomes protecting himself and not getting hurt. Because if he stays healthy, he's Superman.

mr. tegu
09-24-2018, 10:13 PM

The 49ers game was his mediocre game. That’s just something we are going to have to accept.

dlphg9
09-24-2018, 10:25 PM
He did this in his very first game. On the road. In Denver.

I have plenty of anxiety, but it's all completely related to Mahomes protecting himself and not getting hurt. Because if he stays healthy, he's Superman.

I mean this year. In a game that matters for us.

dlphg9
09-24-2018, 10:26 PM
The 49ers game was his mediocre game. That’s just something we are going to have to except.

I hope to God that is true. Because if so he will go down as the best to ever play the game and no one will ever come close to him. He also will probably never lose a game.

Nzoner
09-24-2018, 10:29 PM
The tougher schedule comment was dead on,the Rams first two games were against Oakland and Arizona.

Cornstock
09-24-2018, 10:31 PM
JWhit dropping the chicken salad line...

It never gets old, television gold

wazu
09-24-2018, 11:06 PM

Okay, well eventually we will trail at some point in a game. For now, be patient.

JakeF
09-24-2018, 11:07 PM
The 49ers game was his mediocre game. That’s just something we are going to have to accept.
Oh yea, the 49ers game was by far his worst game yet. His accuracy was way off compared to his first 2 games. I just hope it wasn't him reverting to bad footwork or something. Throws were sailing on Mahomes all game long.

Footwork, footwork, footwork ...

I think I remember reading somewhere about Mahomes having inconsistent footwork leading up to the draft.

DRM08
09-24-2018, 11:15 PM
Oh yea, the 49ers game was by far his worst game yet. His accuracy was way off compared to his first 2 games. I just hope it wasn't him reverting to bad footwork or something. Throws were sailing on Mahomes all game long.

Footwork, footwork, footwork ...

I think I remember reading somewhere about Mahomes having inconsistent footwork leading up to the draft.

I think it was adrenaline for his first home game as a starter. Too amped up.

WhiteWhale
09-24-2018, 11:20 PM
I mean... if you guys think 24/38 for 300+ and 3 TD's is the worst Mahomes can do, you're going to be disappointed.

Expectations guys. Geez. The guy is gonna have a stretch where he throws 8 TD"s and 2 INT's and y'all are gonna freak out at this rate.

dlphg9
09-25-2018, 12:07 AM
I mean... if you guys think 24/38 for 300+ and 3 TD's is the worst Mahomes can do, you're going to be disappointed.

Expectations guys. Geez. The guy is gonna have a stretch where he throws 8 TD"s and 2 INT's and y'all are gonna freak out at this rate.

If this was his worst game we may never lose a game and he's going to shatter every single QB record. I keep wanting to say every QB has at least 1 bad game, but I don't think he's like any QB we have ever seen. I know my expectations are high, but who cares? Patrick doesn't care and it had no effect on him. Im not going to be disappointed if he has some bad games, but at this point I don't expect any bad games. He's just so incredibly good.

We have kicked 2 fgs in 3 games and have 9 punts and 5 of those occurred in the first game of the year. We are 14 points ahead of second place in points scored. We're on Pace to score 629 points which beats the old record by 23 points. Mahomes is also on pace to break the td record. It's so crazy what is happening that nothing will surprise me anymore.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-25-2018, 12:20 AM

Curry? He's fucking Jordan....and I called that first.

Hammock Parties
09-25-2018, 12:23 AM
Curry? He's fucking Jordan....and I called that first.

He's not Jordan.

Jordan was an asshole.

Steph brings a kind of joy to his game and Patrick has that same energy.

WhiteWhale
09-25-2018, 12:24 AM
He's not Jordan.

Jordan was an asshole.

Yeah, he's more like Magic.

Everyone loves him. Awesome guy. Totally confident competitor on the court.

Yanno, minus the AIDS

Hammock Parties
09-25-2018, 12:28 AM
Also when I think about Curry casually hitting 40-foot threes, it reminds me of the insane rollout passes Mahomes attempts.

Jordan did insane things too but it was usually closer to the basket.

Cam Newton reminds me a lot more of Michael Jordan.

Rasputin
09-25-2018, 01:18 AM
How about Pistol Pete he did things nobody did at his time and was creative and could do anything he wanted with a basketball. Teams had no answer for him.

Or Wilt Chamberlain 100 point game.

Coogs
09-25-2018, 04:28 AM
Well hell man, he admitted he was wrong and publicly apologized for ever doubting Mahomes.

What else do you want? Hari Kari?

:shrug:

I didn't watch the clip. I just saw a show a couple of weeks ago, between Chargers and Steelers game, where he was on a panel of 3 or 4 guys, and the question was Mahomes or Watson. He was first to respond, and went heavy on Watson, and the other 3 went with Mahomes. The look on his face each time was one of surprise.

DRM08
09-25-2018, 06:38 AM
Yeah, he's more like Magic.

Everyone loves him. Awesome guy. Totally confident competitor on the court.

Yanno, minus the AIDS

Larry Bird is the other one. Larry had incredible passing skills with amazing vision on the court. Mahomes’ vision is off the charts. He’s a lot more than just a big arm.

Nzoner
09-25-2018, 06:44 AM
Here's another comparison to the '99 Rams,the Vegas over/under in Denver is at 56.5

Brooklyn
09-25-2018, 07:09 AM
I feel like the impact of Todd Gurley vs the Chiefs D is flying a little under the radar. The analysis of a KC/LA matchup. It’s not Goff vs Mahomes, it’s Gurley that will pretty much put up 6 on every drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lzen
09-25-2018, 07:18 AM
That segment would have been incredible if it had ended with Whitlock challenging his Co-host to a cage match. By the way, I can't believe Whitlock didn't throw Jeff George in with his list of quarterbacks that could have made that play.:)

ROFL
Marcellus would destroy Jason.

I like Jason, even when he was in KC. Yeah, he had some takes at times that annoyed me, but at least he was entertaining. Whether you agree or not, he's good at what he does.

Lzen
09-25-2018, 07:22 AM
Oh **** off. Opinions before he had even taken a snap in his first camp are irrelevant.

Clay, just own up to it. It's okay to see overwhelming evidence and be convinced to change your opinion on something. We know you are a Chiefs fan through and through so you get some leeway. Just admit that you were wrong initially and move on. It's not a big deal unless you try to be one of those bandwagoners.

Lzen
09-25-2018, 07:24 AM

Don't you think the Steelers game when they tied it up at halftime counts for that?

WhiteWhale
09-25-2018, 09:40 AM
ROFL
Marcellus would destroy Jason.

I like Jason, even when he was in KC. Yeah, he had some takes at times that annoyed me, but at least he was entertaining. Whether you agree or not, he's good at what he does.

Jason is a good writer. Good command of the language and strong wit to turn a phrase.

He's a better writer than bobble head though.

Chiefs4TheWin
09-25-2018, 09:44 AM
He is right about Mahomes and the Chiefs offense being our best defense. They put so much pressure on the opposing teams offense to keep pace. Forces them into mistakes

What mistake has any offense made against us?

Hammock Parties
09-25-2018, 09:55 AM
Clay, just own up to it. It's okay to see overwhelming evidence and be convinced to change your opinion on something. We know you are a Chiefs fan through and through so you get some leeway. Just admit that you were wrong initially and move on. It's not a big deal unless you try to be one of those bandwagoners.

I've already admitted several times that before the draft I didn't see him as a first round pick.

That changed the instant the Chiefs picked him.

Therefore, people can blow me.

ModSocks
09-25-2018, 09:58 AM

You didn't call anything first. You didn't even think he was a first round pick.

Hammock Parties
09-25-2018, 09:59 AM
You didn't call anything first. You didn't even think he was a first round pick.

I was the first person on this board to call him the Steph Curry of the NFL.

Blow. Me.

ModSocks
09-25-2018, 10:00 AM
I've already admitted several times that before the draft I didn't see him as a first round pick.

That changed the instant the Chiefs picked him.

Therefore, people can blow me.

Just because the Chiefs picked him and you went all in full homer doesn't mean you knew dick about what you were seeing. You were a hater. An imbecile, really.

His talent popped off the screen even in college.

ModSocks
09-25-2018, 10:01 AM

Blow. Me.

And you were the last of CP's core membership to get on board because, well....you're not good at evaluating football.

DRM08
09-25-2018, 10:03 AM

Blow. Me.

Pugs was comparing him to Aaron Rodgers while you trashed him. lol

Hammock Parties
09-25-2018, 10:08 AM
Just because the Chiefs picked him and you went all in full homer doesn't mean you knew dick about what you were seeing. You were a hater. An imbecile, really.

His talent popped off the screen even in college.

I was never a "hater." A true hater would have poo-pooed the pick for months.

I got on board when he was drafted because that's what fans do.

And when I saw him in camp I fell in love.

Feel free to lick my sweaty balls.

My choice to be a fan.

kccrow
09-25-2018, 07:00 PM

My choice to be a fan.

Also your choice to act like you were championing him all along throughout the process as if you knew he'd be the greatest thing since sliced bread. You didn't even want the Chiefs to draft the kid at any point in the process, but then you act like you knew he'd be great. Give me a fucking break kid.

Imon Yourside
09-25-2018, 07:30 PM

My choice to be a fan.

You're one of the Chiefs biggest Cheerleaders so I'll give you a pass. We're all on the same team people :D

I work with very few Chief fans and everyone to a man was saying Oh Air raid offense..never will work in the NFL your guy is a bust..uh huh

Deberg_1990
09-25-2018, 07:33 PM

My choice to be a fan.

How is your boi Geno Smith doing these days?

SAUTO
09-25-2018, 07:47 PM

Blow. Me.

Tribal warfare called it first.

January before he was drafted

SAUTO
09-25-2018, 07:47 PM
Well, I thought he was Steph Curry with a helmet on so got him on the horn he said "No Bro, my dad played MLB"./sarcasm

Tribal warfare called it first.

January before he was drafted

Now show us a link to yours...

Chiefs Pantalones
09-25-2018, 10:51 PM
I’d pick the Chiefs over the Rams. In game like that where it’s likely gonna be up and down I’m taking the team with the better QB.

CoMoChief
09-26-2018, 12:11 AM
I’d pick the Chiefs over the Rams. In game like that where it’s likely gonna be up and down I’m taking the team with the better QB.

Rams offense isn't that far off from Chiefs offense.

Their offense would score at will vs this Chiefs D.

The difference is they run the ball better and play much better defense.

If I were the Rams, I'd run all over the Chiefs, control the clock and keep the ball out of the hands of Mahomes/Hill/Kelce/Hunt/Watkins.