PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs No Wonder The Niners Lost!

gblowfish
09-25-2018, 08:55 AM
On Saturday they held practice on my old high school field. I played my football on this same field. Van Horn has been awful in football for 35 years! This is about a quarter mile from my house.

https://www.facebook.com/ISDSchools/videos/1120187954805792/UzpfSTEwMDAwNTE4NDM5ODY1NzoxMDEyNTI2MzQ4OTMwMTY5/

Mecca
09-25-2018, 08:56 AM
Holy balls that isn't super far from me either...I didn't realize you lived down there blowfish. I'm not a huge fan of that area even though I live in Independence.

gblowfish
09-25-2018, 09:00 AM
I live in the house I grew up in. The neighborhood is old. Because of the KC School disaster, many families moved south and east to Blue Springs, Grain Valley, Lee's Summit, etc. Now that VH is in the Independence Schools, many families are moving back in, buying up old houses and fixing them up. I've been encouraged by the progress.

Halfcan
09-25-2018, 09:22 AM
They should have practiced at Chrisman. Everyone knows they are the best school in Independence.

Chrisman 85

Mecca
09-25-2018, 01:16 PM
I live in the house I grew up in. The neighborhood is old. Because of the KC School disaster, many families moved south and east to Blue Springs, Grain Valley, Lee's Summit, etc. Now that VH is in the Independence Schools, many families are moving back in, buying up old houses and fixing them up. I've been encouraged by the progress.

Ah that's cool...I live the other way right off Salisbury.

gblowfish
09-25-2018, 01:24 PM
They should have practiced at Chrisman. Everyone knows they are the best school in Independence.

Chrisman 85

Indep School District has done a great job on refurbing all three High Schools. Truman, Chrisman and VH have all had new construction. They all look like actual real modern High Schools now!

Mecca
09-25-2018, 01:26 PM
Indep School District has done a great job on refurbing all three High Schools. Truman, Chrisman and VH have all had new construction. They all look like actual real modern High Schools now!

And of course my kids go to Fort Osage...guess they missed on that stuff lol.

Halfcan
09-25-2018, 01:43 PM

Yep, especially Van Horn. My Mother, Aunt, and Uncle graduated from there. They have done a really nice job inside and out.

Truman, they just put up some lame signs on the side and called it good. :rolleyes: Patriots are lame-lol

I am not sure what they have done for the country bumpkins out at Fort Osage?

Halfcan
09-25-2018, 01:46 PM
And of course my kids go to Fort Osage...guess they missed on that stuff lol.

Fort had a heck of a Football Team last year. Chrisman was pretty good the year before. Truman :shake: Van Horn :shake:

It is tough competing with the bigger high schools in the area, but Fort kicked their asses last year.

Mecca
09-25-2018, 01:49 PM
Yep, especially Van Horn. My Mother, Aunt, and Uncle graduated from there. They have done a really nice job inside and out.

Truman, they just put up some lame signs on the side and called it good. :rolleyes: Patriots are lame-lol

I am not sure what they have done for the country bumpkins out at Fort Osage?

They got a new football field.

Rasputin
09-25-2018, 01:51 PM
We were on the verge of losing but forgotten MVP Colquitt got the call to punt in the second half and we won because of him.

Halfcan
09-25-2018, 01:52 PM
They got a new football field.

They were definitely due for one. Wasn't that the original field built with the school?

Mecca
09-25-2018, 01:54 PM
They were definitely due for one. Wasn't that the original field built with the school?

I dunno...but they are Fort of perpetual shakedown. All they do is ask for money it's annoying as fuck.

gblowfish
09-25-2018, 02:05 PM
Fort Osage is outside the ISD. They are their own district. My wife taught there for many years. Retired a few years ago. And yeah, they've been great at football.

Mecca
09-25-2018, 02:16 PM
Fort Osage is outside the ISD. They are their own district. My wife taught there for many years. Retired a few years ago. And yeah, they've been great at football.

It'd be funny if one of my kids had her as a teacher...

gblowfish
09-26-2018, 11:02 AM
It'd be funny if one of my kids had her as a teacher...

May well have been. She taught at Fire Prairie from the day it opened until she retired two years ago.

Mecca
09-26-2018, 12:27 PM
May well have been. She taught at Fire Prairie from the day it opened until she retired two years ago.

Oh damn all my kids went through there before 2 years ago...