PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Stephen St. John: Issues between Mahomes and Peters

Pages : [1] 2

wazu
09-27-2018, 07:49 AM
On 810 this morning SSJ was talking about the Rams and Peters, when he dropped a bombshell that was new to me. Talked about how in addition to all of his other issues, Peters had a problem with Mahomes. He didn’t cite first hand info, but just said that was the vibe that Chadiha and others covering the team had conveyed. It matches up with the trash talk from Peters after he left, praising Alex and predicting turnovers when we play them in Mexico.

Maybe I missed the hubbub about this, but it seemed to be new information to SSJ’s co-hosts so maybe I didn’t. If true it erases any lingering doubt that Peters had to go immediately.

Skyy God
09-27-2018, 07:51 AM
Well then, f that guy sideways.

Sassy Squatch
09-27-2018, 07:52 AM
Pretty odd to have a problem with a guy like Mahomes if that was indeed what happened. Peters doesn't seem like the most mentally sound guy, though, so I can believe it.

TambaBerry
09-27-2018, 07:59 AM
I thought this was common knowledge? Peters wanted to be THE guy in KC and Mahomes came here and he couldn't handle the hype around him.

WhiteWhale
09-27-2018, 08:02 AM
Pretty odd to have a problem with a guy like Mahomes if that was indeed what happened. Peters doesn't seem like the most mentally sound guy, though, so I can believe it.

Guys 'like mahomes' frequently have animosity in NFL locker rooms for BS reasons.

Mahomes... light skinned black guy, son of an athlete, stable family, comes from wealth.

Peters... from Oakland.

Same reason so many NBA players hate Curry. Same reason Seattle players would bash Wilson behind his back. Young black kids from rough backgrounds tend to resent guys with Mahomes background.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-27-2018, 08:06 AM
Paylor basically said the same thing in simple terms months back. Veach said that they wanted to build the team around Mahomes, he being the leader with zero questions about it.

**** Peters.

Marcellus
09-27-2018, 08:07 AM
There is your reason they shipped his punk ass out, makes perfect sense.

He was a pain in the ass for everyone and he had a beef with the future star of the franchise.

Said before and I will say it again, Fuck Marcus Peters.

Sassy Squatch
09-27-2018, 08:07 AM
Guys 'like mahomes' frequently have animosity in NFL locker rooms for BS reasons.

Mahomes... light skinned black guy, son of an athlete, stable family, comes from wealth.

Peters... from Oakland.

Same reason so many NBA players hate Curry. Same reason Seattle players would bash Wilson behind his back. Young black kids from rough backgrounds tend to resent guys with Mahomes background.
I was just talking about how he's a hard working, genuinely good person by all accounts, but sure.

rabblerouser
09-27-2018, 08:09 AM
Not news, this was posted about back during the says after the trade, that Peters and Mahomes were oil and water, Mahomes doesn't like Peters and vice versa.

Fuck, not hard to see why...Peters is a fuckup.

RunKC
09-27-2018, 08:10 AM
Mahomes was raping Peters in practice all the time and he got pissy.

rabblerouser
09-27-2018, 08:10 AM
I thought this was common knowledge? Peters wanted to be THE guy in KC and Mahomes came here and he couldn't handle the hype around him.

True.

rabblerouser
09-27-2018, 08:11 AM

This is also true.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-27-2018, 08:12 AM
Peters doesn't like QBs that make him look stupid in practice.

BigRedChief
09-27-2018, 08:16 AM

Peters... from Oakland.

Same reason so many NBA players hate Curry. Same reason Seattle players would bash Wilson behind his back. Young black kids from rough backgrounds tend to resent guys with Mahomes background.Correct. There is a cultural thing there between light and dark skinned blacks. I obviously don’t participate and wisely keep my mouth shut, but, I’ve seen and heard the comments myself. Both ways.

It would make sense that it would be in an NFL locker room too.

DRM08
09-27-2018, 08:16 AM

Seem to remember it was reported that he did have a lot of success against Peters' coverage. Maybe old Marcus got pissed about that, lol

Baby Lee
09-27-2018, 08:19 AM

Peters... from Oakland.

And then Mahomes went and signed that exclusive contract with the Converse velcro line. ;)

WhiteWhale
09-27-2018, 08:19 AM
I was just talking about how he's a hard working, genuinely good person by all accounts, but sure.

I know what you were talking about.

I'm bringing up something that nobody else will talk about, but there's a reason I could predict it.

DRM08
09-27-2018, 08:20 AM

So is Russell Wilson and yet the Seattle locker room apparently had (or still has) resentment towards him.

rabblerouser
09-27-2018, 08:20 AM
And truly hateful dickheads that get by on tenacity and athletic ability (like Peters) can't stand those hard-working, genuinely good people.

Fuck Marcus Peters.

TLO
09-27-2018, 08:21 AM
I want to see Hill/Mahomes roast Peters in Mexico. I have nothing against Peters, I just think it'll be a fantastic matchup.

rabblerouser
09-27-2018, 08:21 AM
Seem to remember it was reported that he did have a lot of success against Peters' coverage. Maybe old Marcus got pissed about that, lol

He did, and he did.

Mecca
09-27-2018, 08:23 AM

Peters... from Oakland.

I read that whole thing on Seattle and I'm not sure how much of that was about Wilsons upbringing as they thought he was being treated differently than them..like they'd all be called out for mistakes then he'd throw 5 INT's and nothing...

If your team has a certain culture has been cultivated by everyone there and then 1 player is given special treatment which includes them thinking he was a snitch to the coach...that is going to do a lot of damage.

TLO
And honestly, I'm tired of the Marcus Peters talk in general. He was a great player here. Now he's gone. Can we not move on and stop the discussion about him?

Best22

Doesn't matter to some people.

Being a "hard working, high character guy" won't make everyone respect you

dirk digler
09-27-2018, 08:24 AM

Peters... from Oakland.

Probably alot of truth in that but Wilson's resentment also stems from the fact that he is perceived as coddled by Carroll and not held to the same standard as everyone else.

WhiteWhale
09-27-2018, 08:25 AM
Correct. There is a cultural thing there between light and dark skinned blacks. I obviously don’t participate and wisely keep my mouth shut, but, I’ve seen and heard the comments myself. Both ways.

It certainly goes both ways in the world and everyday life, but in pro sports it's a one way thing because light skinned black guys who come from wealth are a tiny minority of pro athletes.

This is something I first noticed going all the way back to Larry Johnson.

-King-

Peters... from Oakland.

Dude it's not that smfh.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
A TON of those Seattle guys were thought of as never would be's that made it by thriving in that culture of cutthroat hard ass practice and play...

I don't think they resented his upbringing they resented that he was the favored child never made to go through what they did.

WhiteWhale
Probably alot of truth in that but Wilson's resentment also stems from the fact that he is perceived as coddled by Carroll and not held to the same standard as everyone else.

I know how it's rationalized in public.

I don't buy it.

WhiteWhale
09-27-2018, 08:26 AM
A TON of those Seattle guys were thought of as never would be's that made it by thriving in that culture of cutthroat hard ass practice and play...

I don't think they resented his upbringing they resented that he was the favored child never made to go through what they did.

This statement is self contradictory.

He didn't go through what they went through BECAUSE of his background.

Oh, you mean with the team?

Yeah, I don't believe it.

Sassy Squatch
09-27-2018, 08:26 AM
I know what you were talking about.

I'm bringing up something that nobody else will talk about, but there's a reason I could predict it.
I feel you. I've seen a bit of that myself in high school. Utterly pathetic that Peters couldn't keep it out of a professional locker room.

-King-
09-27-2018, 08:27 AM

In Wilson's case it's moreso because he was being coddled by Carroll and he was getting all the hype and attention despite the fact he was just a game manager at best their 2 Superbowl runs while their defense was great.
Posted via Mobile Device

TLO
This thread is slowly creeping its way towards DC

Mecca
I know how it's rationalized in public.

I don't buy it.

Some of that coddling has been in public...whatever it was it fractured their locker room.

You had a defense that was built on being trash talking hard working bad asses and a QB they are perceiving as being treated better than them when he hasn't accomplished anything close, that causes problems.

WhiteWhale
09-27-2018, 08:28 AM
Dude it's not that smfh.
Posted via Mobile Device

It factors in, and you know it.

Mecca
09-27-2018, 08:29 AM
This statement is self contradictory.

He didn't go through what they went through BECAUSE of his background.

Oh, you mean with the team?

Yeah, I don't believe it.

I mean with the team.

Like I don't think they would resent a player like Mahomes who is showing up on the field, I think they resented that the coaches were easier on Wilson. A lot of that article is about how he wasn't held to the same standard and how that favortism moved on to other players when it never use to be that way there.

-King-
If this was an actual thing, the chiefs would have leaked it themselves following the trade if only to save face. It wouldn't just now be coming out from a 3rd hand report.
Posted via Mobile Device

DRM08
He did, and he did.

Gonna be fun to watch Mahomes and Tyreek torch that jackass in a real game, lol

Mecca
09-27-2018, 08:30 AM
The light skinned dark skinned thing does matter, Terrell Owens got made fun of by other black kids growing up because he was darker than them...there are people that know him that truly believe that is the way he is. That he has never gotten over all the things that happened to him when he was a kid.

Sassy Squatch
09-27-2018, 08:30 AM
Sounds like most of the defense didn't/doesn't like Wilson. Here it's just 1 player that had the problem. Bit different.

Iowanian
09-27-2018, 08:31 AM
Cool.

Mahomes will go after him and probably put 120 yards and 2TDs on Peters side in Mexico.

That should bust Peters open like a pinata.

Mecca
09-27-2018, 08:31 AM
Sounds like most of the defense didn't/doesn't like Wilson. Here it's just 1 player that had the problem. Bit different.

Richard Sherman really didn't like him...

The only guy that comes off level headed that's named is Avril and he's retired so it's easy to look back and think about it objectively.

Eleazar
09-27-2018, 08:32 AM
Peters talked his way off his college team and did the same thing with the Chiefs. The guy obviously has a problem being a teammate.

WhiteWhale
09-27-2018, 08:33 AM
Some of that coddling has been in public...whatever it was it fractured their locker room.

You had a defense that was built on being trash talking hard working bad asses and a QB they are perceiving as being treated better than them when he hasn't accomplished anything close, that causes problems.

Yup. This is the narrative the defense constantly put into the media to undermine their QB.

Gravedigger
09-27-2018, 08:34 AM
It's a fair assumption; Peters or QBOTF, easy decision on who to get rid of.

Eleazar
In Wilson's case it's moreso because he was being coddled by Carroll and he was getting all the hype and attention despite the fact he was just a game manager at best their 2 Superbowl runs while their defense was great.
Posted via Mobile Device

Carroll was supposedly telling players to take it easy on Wilson and not hold him accountable for poor play, when the locker room culture was that it was ruthlessly competitive and everyone was called onto the carpet publicly for accountability.

When you have a team that has a culture that expects excellence and nobody is immune to criticism, everyone is equal and that poor play will have consequences - and then you have a coach telling people the QB is exempt because he's too emotionally fragile or whatever - that's a problem. The whole system breaks down if not everyone is held to the same standard.

-King-
The light skinned dark skinned thing does matter, Terrell Owens got made fun of by other black kids growing up because he was darker than them...there are people that know him that truly believe that is the way he is. That he has never gotten over all the things that happened to him when he was a kid.

Of course it exists. But throwing that out there now is like if a black and white player got into it for some reason and for some reason I just assumed one of them was being racist without any facts.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
09-27-2018, 08:36 AM
Yup. This is the narrative the defense constantly put into the media to undermine their QB.

In reality, Pete Carroll didn't handle it very well, you can't make your defensive stars feel like they are being pushed aside for this guy. He probably should have been harder on Wilson in game evals and practice when he deserved it because honestly that is the culture he built there.

KCUnited
09-27-2018, 08:36 AM
I'm sure he's more comfortable playing in Goff's shadow.

BigCatDaddy
09-27-2018, 08:37 AM
I called this early on and some dumbass here blew it off. Don't remember which dumbass....

Marcellus
If this was an actual thing, the chiefs would have leaked it themselves following the trade if only to save face. It wouldn't just now be coming out from a 3rd hand report.
Posted via Mobile Device

No idea where you get this idea. Teams don't usually say a damn thing about ex players.

Mecca
Carroll was supposedly telling players to take it easy on Wilson and not hold him accountable for poor play, when the locker room culture was that it was ruthlessly competitive and everyone was called onto the carpet publicly for accountability.

When you have a team that has a culture that expects excellence and nobody is immune to criticism, everyone is equal and that poor play will have consequences - and then you have a coach telling people the QB is exempt because he's too emotionally fragile or whatever - that's a problem. The whole system breaks down if not everyone is held to the same standard.

Bingo, a culture was created there and then Wilson was spared from it so they got pissed.

It's understandable.

-King-
09-27-2018, 08:38 AM
Like you see Peters on the sideline celebrating his ass off during the preseason game against the Titans when Mahomes threw that insane pass to Robinson
Did Peters not realize that Mahomes was a light skinned rich kid at that point?
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
09-27-2018, 08:38 AM
No idea where you get this idea. Teams don't usually say a damn thing about ex players.

Teams leak shit to make themselves look better in public all the time.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief
09-27-2018, 08:40 AM
It certainly goes both ways in the world and everyday life, but in pro sports it's a one way thing because light skinned black guys who come from wealth are a tiny minority of pro athletes.

This is something I first noticed going all the way back to Larry Johnson.its just working stiffs in my neighborhood. Some have a lot of money but they made it. All have good jobs. It’s a weird thing. They don’t say these things to each other. They are made when the other is not around but not about them but some sports figure or politician.

It happens enough that we, us white guys, know not to comment. Since it comes up in my little part of the world, I could see alpha males in a locker room getting into this topic.

WhiteWhale
09-27-2018, 08:41 AM
Of course it exists. But throwing that out there now is like if a black and white player got into it for some reason and for some reason I just assumed one of them was being racist without any facts.
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh you're right. It's ENTIRELY speculation on my part.

So is "He was mad because Mahomes was going to be a bigger star than him!"

Irresponsible speculation? Maybe. I've seen it so many times it seems reasonable to me.

Best22
09-27-2018, 08:42 AM
Like you see Peters on the sideline celebrating his ass off during the preseason game against the Titans when Mahomes threw that insane pass to Robinson
Posted via Mobile Device

First, Alex was the starter. He had no idea Mahomes would start

Secondly, if you actually look at their reactions, you'll notice the players were actually cheering for the receiver, Demarcus Robinson. Robinson made a spectacular catch, and since his future with the team was in doubt, the players were happy to see him earn the job because they all saw his potential

I always wondered why fans thought they were cheering Mahomes, while looking and smiling at Robinson...

stevieray
09-27-2018, 08:44 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

...he was celebrating that incredible catch with Robinson.

WhiteWhale
09-27-2018, 08:45 AM
Bingo, a culture was created there and then Wilson was spared from it so they got pissed.

It's understandable.

Again, this is the narrative the defense put out to the media to undermine the QB, which begs questions itself.

There was no pushback against it, because that's not how Wilson does things. He's a goody-two shoes nerd.

MIAdragon
09-27-2018, 08:45 AM
Didn’t Russell Wilson have similar issues due to his light skin?

-King-
09-27-2018, 08:46 AM
Oh you're right. It's ENTIRELY speculation on my part.

So is "He was mad because Mahomes was going to be a bigger star than him!"

Or or Peters is just a piece of shit in general and that's why he's gone. I don't think (I have no facts either) that he hated Mahomes or was delusional enough to think he would be a bigger star than the QB. I think he's just a headcase overall and is just a pain in the ass to deal with.
Posted via Mobile Device

DRM08
09-27-2018, 08:47 AM
Or or Peters is just a piece of shit in general and that's why he's gone. I don't think (I have no facts either) that he hated Mahomes or was delusional enough to think he would be a bigger star than the QB. I think he's just a headcase overall and is just a pain in the ass to deal with.
Posted via Mobile Device

If he's a piece of shit as you say, then it wouldn't be that surprising if he got mad at Mahomes for having success in practice against Peters coverage on a bunch of scrub receivers (scout team).

WhiteWhale
09-27-2018, 08:49 AM
In reality, Pete Carroll didn't handle it very well, you can't make your defensive stars feel like they are being pushed aside for this guy. He probably should have been harder on Wilson in game evals and practice when he deserved it because honestly that is the culture he built there.

In reality, when a bunch of players push out a narrative to smear their QB and coach while THEIR PLAY is declining, a reasonable person approaches with skepticism.

Especially since they were pissy that Wison started getting more headlines than the 'legion of boom'.

There's a lot there, but I don't buy the story they put out to make themselves look better.

Luke Atamadong
09-27-2018, 08:49 AM

Mahomes probably lit his ass up in practice. Peters loved to jump routes and I bet it didn't work too well with the velocity Mahomes throws at.

WhiteWhale
09-27-2018, 08:50 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

I think this is most likely.

I was just riding the speculation that Peters and Mahomes were not getting along. I don't even know if THAT is true.

Eleazar
09-27-2018, 08:50 AM
If he's a piece of shit as you say, then it wouldn't be that surprising if he got mad at Mahomes for having success in practice against Peters coverage on a bunch of scrub receivers (scout team).

Peters is a "me" player and has the type of personality that eventually develops problems with a lot of people.

DRM08
09-27-2018, 08:51 AM
Peters is a "me" player and has the type of personality that eventually develops problems with a lot of people.

I hope he causes problems in the Rams locker room. At the moment they look pretty unbeatable. Ton of talent on both sides of the ball.

MahiMike
09-27-2018, 08:53 AM
Well then, f that guy sideways.

Chuckle

BigCatDaddy
09-27-2018, 08:55 AM
But but I was told he was traded because Clark was a Grand Wizard in the clan!

RealSNR
09-27-2018, 08:58 AM
Peters is dead to me. I liked how he pissed some fans off, and I of course loved him coming out of college for his talent and ability. When the trade happened I was pissed about the compensation, but I moved on.

Now he's on my shit list. Officially.

Go after the fucking QB who's going to win you a fucking Super Bowl? You're too fucking stupid to deserve to be alive.

I hope he breaks both of his legs and gets AIDS.

htismaqe
Bring on Mexico City. They know Peters' every weakness but he's never seen this offense before. Andy Reid got this.

Grim
Posted via Mobile Device
Third-hand reports are great fodder for discussion boards.
What's sad is that there are many people who will accept it as an indisputable statement of fact.

TwistedChief
09-27-2018, 09:00 AM
Was it Veach?
Was it Reid?
Was it Hunt?
Was it the anthem?
Was it the attitude?
Was it the (lack of) tackling?
Was it the (lack of) socks?

At last. A reason that closes the book on Marcus Peters and that no Chiefs fan would need to question.

PROTECT MAHOMES AT ALL COSTS.

FloridaMan88
09-27-2018, 09:01 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

810 is an official radio partner of the Chiefs, so maybe this is their way of doing that.

ChiefGator
09-27-2018, 09:04 AM
Everyone in the locker room should have had a problem with Peters. Dude would literally run away from tackles so he wouldn't break a nail.

Fuck him.. he is dead to me.

MahiMike
09-27-2018, 09:05 AM
Andy already has a play for Peter's drawn up...pump fake followed by over the top baby!

RunKC
09-27-2018, 09:06 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

"He protected him," one Seahawk told SI.com. "And we hated that. Any time he f----- up, Pete would never say anything. Not in a team meeting, not publicly, never. If Russ had a terrible game, he would always talk about how resilient he was. We're like, what the f--- are you talking about?"
Things got worse from there. In the NFC Championship Game victory over the Packers in January 2015, Wilson was 14 of 29 for 209 yards with 4 interceptions. Wilson also completed consecutive 35-yard passes to win the game in overtime, but was undeserving of all the credit heap upon him afterwards by Carroll, according to some players.
"That's when guys really started to notice the lack of accountability," a one former player said. "Before that, if guys made mistakes or we lost games, guys took responsibility for it, for good or for bad. We started losing that."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pete-carroll-reportedly-coddled-russell-wilson-dooming-the-seahawks-dynasty-chances/amp/

wazu
09-27-2018, 09:07 AM
I can see the Chiefs not leaking this because they don’t want to invite controversy like the crazed speculation in this thread. Better to take a few hits for a seemingly bad trade.

Mecca
09-27-2018, 09:09 AM
In reality, when a bunch of players push out a narrative to smear their QB and coach while THEIR PLAY is declining, a reasonable person approaches with skepticism.

Especially since they were pissy that Wison started getting more headlines than the 'legion of boom'.

There's a lot there, but I don't buy the story they put out to make themselves look better.

Without that defense, we'll see how good he is because I don't think Wilson is an elite player.

I also do think Sherman who was really the leader of that team did have a lot of issues with Wilson from personal to just how he didn't fit the team culture.

htismaqe
09-27-2018, 09:11 AM
How ironic. Today's ESPN headline...

Mecca
09-27-2018, 09:14 AM

Simms was talking about this the other day, about how many good young QB's there are and how so many teams have them and they keep coming every year so you may see teams look to move on from QB's to save money

GayFrogs
09-27-2018, 09:16 AM
So mahomes isn't "black" enough for peters...yeah, I'm glad we traded him. What a pathetic mentality.

Molitoth
09-27-2018, 09:19 AM
So mahomes isn't "black" enough for peters...yeah, I'm glad we traded him. What a pathetic mentality.

Crap... I didn't see that part mentioned.
It's a good thing Alex Smith was black enough though. Peters raved about Alex Smith.

FAX
09-27-2018, 09:20 AM
Doesn't matter to some people.

Being a "hard working, high character guy" won't make everyone respect you

I know ...

FAX

DRM08
09-27-2018, 09:20 AM

Goff is probably the perfect guy to attempt that kind of move. McVay is a very good QB coach. Goff is pretty much a game manager. They can keep finding similar game managers in the draft and they can do it without the #1 overall pick they spent on Goff to begin with.

-King-
09-27-2018, 09:22 AM

Who said men can't gossip. A rumor is about to take off right here in this very thread.
Posted via Mobile Device

GayFrogs
09-27-2018, 09:22 AM
Crap... I didn't see that part mentioned.
It's a good thing Alex Smith was black enough though. Peters raved about Alex Smith.

:rolleyes:

Luke Atamadong
09-27-2018, 09:24 AM
Without that defense, we'll see how good he is because I don't think Wilson is an elite player.

I also do think Sherman who was really the leader of that team did have a lot of issues with Wilson from personal to just how he didn't fit the team culture.
Yeah I've always thought RW was overrated.

Spott
09-27-2018, 09:26 AM
I can overlook all the other things that fans here gave him crap about, but he can go drink a bucket of antifreeze for being a fucking Alexsexual.

FAX
09-27-2018, 09:27 AM
Uh ... I've been away, of course, but I thought everybody knew this. Once they decided that Mahomes was going to be the "face" and leader of the Chiefs, Peters was adios. They didn't want or need the headaches. Ergo, "business decision".

I don't know if (and honestly don't believe) it was a problem associated with physiognomy, but more an issue of personalities and team cohesion. Several people commented on this at the time.

FAX

CoMoChief
09-27-2018, 09:29 AM
Mahomes probably isn't "black enough" for Peters

bdj23
09-27-2018, 09:30 AM
If this is true then F Peters

htismaqe
09-27-2018, 09:32 AM
Peters knew that with Alex Smith, the spotlight would always be shared and in some ways, he'd get the lion's share of it.

With Mahomes, he wasn't going to get noticed near as much, and sometimes not at all. When you have a QB like that, he's not just the face of the team, he IS the team. No way could a guy like Peters handle that.

Chris Meck
09-27-2018, 09:33 AM
I think it's distasteful for a bunch of white guys to speculate on the particular hue of skin tone being at issue. It's none of our business, it's not something we know fuck-all about, and doesn't need to become a 'reason' for Peters' trade.

As a white guy, that's between them and ain't none of my business.

Rasputin
09-27-2018, 09:34 AM
All this tells me is that Mahomes POWNED Peters and got the best of him during last years camp and i was there last year when Albert Wilson got a TD pass from Mahomes with Peters covering.

Peters is butthurt as hell I love it.

The Franchise
09-27-2018, 09:34 AM
Peters knew that with Alex Smith, the spotlight would always be shared and in some ways, he'd get the lion's share of it.

With Mahomes, he wasn't going to get noticed near as much, and sometimes not at all. When you have a QB like that, he's not just the face of the team, he IS the team. No way could a guy like Peters handle that.

Maybe he didn't want to get thrown at 60+ times a game.

Baby Lee
09-27-2018, 09:36 AM
I think it's distasteful for a bunch of white guys to speculate on the particular hue of skin tone being at issue. It's none of our business, it's not something we know fuck-all about, and doesn't need to become a 'reason' for Peters' trade.

Thanks for being so vocal when the contingent was out in force insisting that the Hee-Haw yokels in the stands with their overalls and Converse sneakers ran poor Marcus out of town. :rolleyes:

CaliforniaChief
09-27-2018, 09:36 AM
That Chiefs/Rams game is going to be must-watch TV.

The Franchise
09-27-2018, 09:37 AM
That Chiefs/Rams game is going to be must-watch TV.

It already was without the Peters drama.

ModSocks
09-27-2018, 09:38 AM
Meh.

Peters was practically jumping out of his shoes with excitement on Mahomes' preseason bomb to Robinson.

This is all purely speculation.

It's hard to imagine someone not getting along with Mahomes. Dude is about as inoffensive as it gets.

The Franchise
09-27-2018, 09:39 AM
Meh.

Peters was practically jumping out of his shoes with excitement on Mahomes' preseason bomb to Robinson.

It's hard to imagine someone not getting along with Mahomes. Dude is about as inoffensive as it gets.

And it's been brought up that he could have just been celebrating the catch of Demarcus Robinson. Obviously we'll never know.

Beef Supreme

How PC of you.

Don't get me wrong. I think all of the speculation is a little distasteful. Even the speculation that doesn't have anything to do with skin tone. But AS A WHITE GUY, I really don't give too much of a fuck if someone wants to spout off crazy theories on a message board.

Best22
Meh.

Didn't you notice, the players were cheering for Robinson (who made a spectacular catch) not Mahomes. You will notice, nobody looked back at Mahomes, everyone wasn't looking at Robinson and cheering. Thy wanted Robinson to earn a roster spot because they all saw his talent. That's why thy were cheering D-Rob.

And just because someone is hard-working, competent, humble, and easy to get along with, well, that's not enough for some people. Some guys would prefer Mahomes to be more "street". Yes, there are guys like that.

notorious
09-27-2018, 09:40 AM
Peters is a Truefan?

Molitoth
09-27-2018, 09:41 AM
Meh.

Get out of here with that reason... we are trying to tear a man down for being racist against people who aren't black enough.

Chris Meck
09-27-2018, 09:42 AM
Thanks for being so vocal when the contingent was out in force insisting that the Hee-Haw yokels in the stands with their overalls and Converse sneakers ran poor Marcus out of town. :rolleyes:

I dislike Peters. It has nothing to do with race, for me. For a lot of the hee-haw yocals, I suppose it might, but that's also none of my business, and I've no desire to get into a pissing match about it.

I dislike his meltdowns, I dislike his refusal to tackle, I dislike his me-first attitude that includes freelancing and not running the coverages that were called, screaming at coaches on the sidelines, etc., etc. I think people put too much emphasis on his INTs without realizing how much the other things negatively affect a team defense.

I don't find kneeling during the special song an issue. I'm sure the magic sky cloth can freedom just fine regardless.

And I don't think a bunch of white guys should be weighing in on light skinned/dark skinned issues. It's nunya, and we don't know shit about it.

GayFrogs
09-27-2018, 09:47 AM
Mahomes probably isn't "black enough" for Peters

Great minds think alike

ModSocks
09-27-2018, 09:48 AM

Peters... from Oakland.

I read that whole thing on Seattle and I'm not sure how much of that was about Wilsons upbringing as they thought he was being treated differently than them..like they'd all be called out for mistakes then he'd throw 5 INT's and nothing...

If your team has a certain culture has been cultivated by everyone there and then 1 player is given special treatment which includes them thinking he was a snitch to the coach...that is going to do a lot of damage.

Pretty sure you're both right.

Yes, black kids who struggled in 'da hood can sometimes have resentment for black kids who had life easy. I'd imagine Mahomes' upbringing, his "oreo" genes, and the vast amount of praise heaped onto him can harbor a lot of resentment among certain personalities.

And while yes, Wilson's fall out with the Seahawks was cited due to preferential treatment, those feelings of animosity likely stem from, or are aided by, the fact that Russel wasn't "black enough". Most QB's do in fact receive preferential treatment, and that's something these guys aren't unfamiliar with. So what's different with Russel?

So you take not "black enough" Oreo Russel Wilson (remember, there WERE early reports that of teammates claiming Wilson wasn't black enough, which express exactly what Whitewhale is saying) and then coddle him? Now he's REALLY not "one of us".

Yeah, those two things feed off each other and further push the resentment Seattle's locker had.

notorious
09-27-2018, 09:49 AM
Meh.

Heh

-King-
09-27-2018, 09:55 AM
Heh

ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

Pablo
09-27-2018, 10:09 AM
I can overlook all the other things that fans here gave him crap about, but he can go drink a bucket of antifreeze for being a ****ing Alexsexual.

Yeah, that's one step too far. Supporting that sack of dogshit.

saphojunkie
09-27-2018, 10:17 AM
White guys playing the race card... fascinating.

Maybe Seattle defenders don't like Russell Wilson, because they had a legendary defense that crushed opponents, won the postseason, and all praise went onto a guy who consistently put the ball in the other team's hands, then talked about Godwater and got an insane contract while the Legion of Boom was systematically disbanded to pay for it.

But yeah, I'm sure it's racially motivated.

KChiefs1
09-27-2018, 10:19 AM
Paylor basically said the same thing in simple terms months back. Veach said that they wanted to build the team around Mahomes, he being the leader with zero questions about it.

**** Peters.

Exactly

ModSocks
09-27-2018, 10:22 AM

Maybe Seattle defenders don't like Russell Wilson, because they had a legendary defense that crushed opponents, won the postseason, and all praise went onto a guy who consistently put the ball in the other team's hands, then talked about Godwater and got an insane contract while the Legion of Boom was systematically disbanded to pay for it.

Considering the rumors spilling out of that place long before the infamous interception....

And it started, iirc, with Percy Harvin. Not the defense.

saphojunkie
09-27-2018, 10:23 AM
Pretty sure you're both right.

Yes, black kids who struggled in 'da hood can sometimes have resentment for black kids who had life easy. I'd imagine Mahomes' upbringing, his "oreo" genes, and the vast amount of praise heaped onto him can harbor a lot of resentment among certain personalities.

And while yes, Wilson's fall out with the Seahawks was cited due to preferential treatment, those feelings of animosity likely stem from, or are aided by, the fact that Russel wasn't "black enough". Most QB's do in fact receive preferential treatment, and that's something these guys aren't unfamiliar with. So what's different with Russel?

So you take not "black enough" Oreo Russel Wilson (remember, there WERE early reports that of teammates claiming Wilson wasn't black enough, which express exactly what Whitewhale is saying) and then coddle him? Now he's REALLY not "one of us".

Yeah, those two things feed off each other and further push the resentment Seattle's locker had.

No good quarterback is ever going to be black enough. Nor will a good quarterback ever be white enough (they'd say "country boy" or "good ol' boy".)

Great quarterbacks should be unicorns. You should feel slightly awkward and out of place talking to them. You WANT them to be a breed apart - no pun intended.

saphojunkie
09-27-2018, 10:25 AM
Considering the rumors spilling out of that place long before the infamous interception....

And it started, iirc, with Percy Harvin. Not the defense.

Copy that - I think you're likely right that it started there and grew exponentially based on other factors.

But I do believe that if Russell Wilson were an absolute killer on offense, this wouldn't be a problem. If he put up 35 points and let the defense play with a lead, there wouldn't be the resentment (or at least, not as much).

But I think you make great points.

CasselGotPeedOn
09-27-2018, 10:25 AM

This guy wishes he was black so much

Beef Supreme
09-27-2018, 10:36 AM
This guy wishes he was black so much

If he was, he probably wouldn't be black enough.:D

FloridaMan88
09-27-2018, 10:38 AM
JFC who cares... the obsession that some on this board still have with Alex Smith and Marcus Peters is pathetic.

Marcus Peters' only remaining relevance with this franchise is the fact that Veach did a terrible job in replacing him.

Couch-Potato
09-27-2018, 10:41 AM
Move that 2nd we got for Peters + another in return for E Thomas and Chief's kingdom be like "Peters who?"

TLO
09-27-2018, 10:44 AM
JFC who cares... the obsession that some on this board still have with Alex Smith and Marcus Peters is pathetic.

Marcus Peters' only remaining relevance with this franchise is the fact that Veach did a terrible job in replacing him.

Wasn't Fuller essentially Peters replacement?

Fuller has done a decent job. So has Scandrick for that matter.

FloridaMan88
09-27-2018, 10:51 AM
Wasn't Fuller essentially Peters replacement?

Fuller has done a decent job. So has Scandrick for that matter.

David Amerson was Veach’s failed Marcus Peters replacement.

Eleazar
09-27-2018, 11:26 AM

Or maybe the feelings that Wilson was given VIP status on the team over and above everyone else had been building for some time. And when Carroll allowed him to give the Super Bowl away instead of letting Lynch win it, ostensibly to give Wilson a way to blunt criticism that he hadn't been doing his fair share on the team, and in response to having a big moment served up to him Wilson blew it - it all boiled over.

Lynch himself discussed in interviews that when the call came into the huddle all 10 guys were like "WTF?". That moment was the end of what could have been a dynasty.

Best22
09-27-2018, 11:48 AM
David Amerson was Veach’s failed Marcus Peters replacement.

More like a Mitchell replacement

Red Dawg
09-27-2018, 11:56 AM
This was brought up before. You have a young QB taking over a leadership role so you don't want a hot head player with a big mouth making it hard for him to do. I said from the start getting his ass gone was the right move. The vibe has always been he wanted out and wouldn't stay. He's a jerkoffs that won't tackle.

FloridaMan88
09-27-2018, 12:00 PM
He's a jerkoffs that won't tackle.

Reggie Ragland and Eric Murray among other current Chiefs defenders can't tackle worth shit either thus far this season.

dls6501
09-27-2018, 12:00 PM
I dont believe this report at all.

kysirsoze
09-27-2018, 12:02 PM
Me waking up to Chiefsplanet expertly discussing the the black community's racial dynamic.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/168/794/d1d.gif

rabblerouser
09-27-2018, 12:05 PM

Should've traded him to Tampa Bay, because Goff definitely ain't black enough for Peters.

saphojunkie
09-27-2018, 12:16 PM
Or maybe the feelings that Wilson was given VIP status on the team over and above everyone else had been building for some time. And when Carroll allowed him to give the Super Bowl away instead of letting Lynch win it, ostensibly to give Wilson a way to blunt criticism that he hadn't been doing his fair share on the team, and in response to having a big moment served up to him Wilson blew it - it all boiled over.

Lynch himself discussed in interviews that when the call came into the huddle all 10 guys were like "WTF?". That moment was the end of what could have been a dynasty.

Great point

saphojunkie
09-27-2018, 12:17 PM
So, is Peters black enough for Earl Thomas?

sully1983
09-27-2018, 12:19 PM
Should've traded him to Tampa Bay, because Goff definitely ain't black enough for Peters.

ROFL haha I love this place .

And Peters is definitely a cancer . Not worth the hassle or paying him a shit ton of money . If he indeed had issues with Mahomes then he needed to GTFO asap.

The current KC roster is all in on Mahomes and are always giving him love & high fives from the things I've seen . Kelce was just on The Herd the other day raving about the young guy .

In conclusion , Peters can eat a bag of dicks

Best22
09-27-2018, 12:21 PM
Reggie Ragland and Eric Murray among other current Chiefs defenders can't tackle worth shit either thus far this season.

Atleast Ragland isn't scared to tackle

It's about effort. Missed tackles are expected from a corner, but lack of effort, or "fear" is unacceptable

ModSocks
09-27-2018, 12:22 PM
So, is Peters black enough for Earl Thomas?

I guess that would depend on the peter.

Best22
09-27-2018, 12:23 PM

Goff is a boring white guy. Nobody cares that he "acts white."

But, in some people's minds, black guys aren't supposed to "act white."

Believe me I've seen this in real life

rabblerouser
09-27-2018, 12:29 PM

Millions of people went "WTF?" when the play was ran, too.

rabblerouser
09-27-2018, 12:34 PM

I know what you're getting at :

This is CP, where everything is raysussed.

Even Marcus Peters.

Dunerdr
09-27-2018, 12:35 PM
There was some chatter here on cp about Peters wanting to be the hotshot and Mahomes coming in and stealing the show, all while probably unintentionally burning Peters in practice.

Dunerdr
09-27-2018, 12:38 PM
Coincidently his cousin Marshawn had an issue with Russell Wilson.

ModSocks
09-27-2018, 12:38 PM

Fosho.

rabblerouser
09-27-2018, 12:41 PM
Coincidently his cousin Marshawn had an issue with Russell Wilson.

Well, Beastmode found his rightful home in Faidville, where even Randy Moss couldn't make it happen.

JakeF
09-27-2018, 12:59 PM
He didn’t cite first hand info, but just said that was the vibe that Chadiha and others covering the team had conveyed. It matches up with the trash talk from Peters after he left, praising Alex and predicting turnovers when we play them in Mexico.
Vibes? A cornerback trash talking ... predicting turnovers.

These things are just shocking. I can't imagine that any cornerback has ever talked crap to a quarterback.

:spock:

People desperately trying to validate the cutting of our best cornerback when while our secondary is getting torched.

htismaqe
09-27-2018, 01:03 PM

These things are just shocking. I can't imagine that any cornerback has ever talked crap to a quarterback.

People desperately trying to validate the cutting of our best cornerback when while our secondary is getting torched.

There's no need to validate anything - they were justified in trading him.

And it's not the CB's that are the big issue anyway...

eDave
09-27-2018, 01:04 PM
For real, who gives a shit about where Mahomes came from. Dude can ball and could have taken you to a Superbowl. Idiot.

I hope Mahomes goes right at him.

suzzer99
09-27-2018, 01:12 PM
I'm glad Peters is gone. But this still feels like the idea that Peters was a general cancer and it needed to be Mahomes' team - spun through a game of telephone. Is there one credible source that isn't 3rd hand information that says they had a specific beef?

Buehler445
09-27-2018, 01:29 PM
FWIW this thread is hilarious.

I took A TON of heat for suggesting that if there is any inkling that some assface is going to fuck up the development of a franchise QB, the guy goes. No matter who they are. Motherfuckers were all like “PETERZ TOO GOOD YO YOU CANT TRADEZ HIM!!1”

Oddly that narrative isn’t prevalant anymore.

wazu
09-27-2018, 01:33 PM

I took A TON of heat for suggesting that if there is any inkling that some assface is going to fuck up the development of a franchise QB, the guy goes. No matter who they are. Motherfuckers were all like “PETERZ TOO GOOD YO YOU CANT TRADEZ HIM!!1”

They needed to hear it from me.

Best22
09-27-2018, 01:54 PM

We got torched by Terrell Pryor and Derek Carr with Peters on the team last year

ROFL

Reerun_KC
09-27-2018, 02:03 PM

I took A TON of heat for suggesting that if there is any inkling that some assface is going to **** up the development of a franchise QB, the guy goes. No matter who they are. Mother****ers were all like “PETERZ TOO GOOD YO YOU CANT TRADEZ HIM!!1”

This is a classic CP thread. So much irony.

FAX
09-27-2018, 02:13 PM
I'm glad Peters is gone. But this still feels like the idea that Peters was a general cancer and it needed to be Mahomes' team - spun through a game of telephone. Is there one credible source that isn't 3rd hand information that says they had a specific beef?

Sadly, I cannot cite the source (it has been too long to remember). I can, however, honestly report that someone close to the team ... maybe a local reporter ... more likely an ex-player or somebody like Brooks said exactly that.

Whoever it was didn't use the term "cancer" or anything of the sort, however. What they did say was that Veach wanted to remove distractions that could impede Mahomes' development. Take it for what it's worth.

FAX

Chiefnj2
09-27-2018, 03:19 PM
There's no need to validate anything - they were justified in trading him.

And it's not the CB's that are the big issue anyway...

They should have kept him this year. Dirt cheap. Top 5 corner. They still could have brought in Fuller on the other side.

And no, I'm not buying into the new "vibe" story. Backup QB's receive virtually no snaps during practice once the season starts, especially against complete first team defenses. All this talk about Mahomes continually beating Peters is either bunk or completely exaggerated.

I hope Mahomes shreds the entire Rams secondary including Peters in Mexico, but all this spin coming out of Arrowhead the last 7 months is PR bullshit.

Nickhead
09-27-2018, 03:40 PM
if the story is true, we will know by the end of the first quarter of that game on monday night ROFL

13and3
09-27-2018, 03:41 PM
I am a lighter skinned black man, and can corroborate the fact that occasionally there comes a dark skinned, low self esteem, ignorant, dick head of a person to challenge me on my blackness. They generally harbor lots of self hate, but ironically have stronger preferences for whiter women, even the real big fat ones. I was a staunch Peters supporter for his play on the field and tenacity. Admittedly, and now ashamedly, I like most black people, slightly appreciate middle fingers to authority so i understood his nature. But now I am confronted with my own self reflected, intolerance of reverse racism and now I hate him because he is ugly and stupid on the inside and he hates me for being beautiful and intelligent, just like "the main man Patrick Mahomes" or who i like to call "the main man Patman". I am telling all my fellow brudren about this, he is well on his way to being universally hated in this town by both blacks and whites. I suspect in years to come we will also see a Raiders uniform on this looser.

Beef Supreme
09-27-2018, 03:44 PM
They should have kept him this year. Dirt cheap. Top 5 corner. They still could have brought in Fuller on the other side.

And no, I'm not buying into the new "vibe" story. Backup QB's receive virtually no snaps during practice once the season starts, especially against complete first team defenses. All this talk about Mahomes continually beating Peters is either bunk or completely exaggerated.

I hope Mahomes shreds the entire Rams secondary including Peters in Mexico, but all this spin coming out of Arrowhead the last 7 months is PR bullshit.

uhhhh .... scout team offense practices against first team defense. That doesn't make the story true, but your take that he was traded for kneeling isn't any more valid.

SAUTO
09-27-2018, 03:51 PM

Scout team. There was talk of him burning Peters in practice and peters being too aggressive and falling for the eye

MahiMike
09-27-2018, 03:54 PM

Actually we'd prefer they did act white. You know, like the 60's.

Sassy Squatch
09-27-2018, 03:55 PM
Scout team. There was talk of him burning Peters in practice and peters being too aggressive and falling for the eye
Weren't you the one with the Rams source for some of the shit we heard?

Naptown Chief
09-27-2018, 03:59 PM
Correct. There is a cultural thing there between light and dark skinned blacks. I obviously don’t participate and wisely keep my mouth shut, but, I’ve seen and heard the comments myself. Both ways.

2 of my best friends are a light skinned guy and a really dark skinned guy. They give each other shit about it all the time, though it is clearly light-hearted and fun natured. Funny enough, they both despise Africans. Anyway.

13and3
09-27-2018, 04:06 PM
2 of my best friends are a light skinned guy and a really dark skinned guy. They give each other shit about it all the time, though it is clearly light-hearted and fun natured. Funny enough, they both despise Africans. Anyway.

Its always a joke but its real.

ModSocks
09-27-2018, 04:16 PM

One of my closest friends in HS always got shit from other black dudes for not being "black enough".

He didn't dress hood, listened to rock music, played the guitar and didn't talk hood.

So of course they would say things like "you aint even black", despite him being dark skinned.

-King-
09-27-2018, 04:27 PM
This is the dumbest shit ever. See what you started WhiteWhale!
Posted via Mobile Device

DaKernal
09-27-2018, 04:36 PM

I also have seen this first hand. I hung out with a few black dudes in high school, still friends to this day. Two of them were "hood", and the other was adopted and raised by a white family. This dude got constantly fucked with by the hood guys, and would tell him that I was blacker than he was. They even made each of us say the N word, to see if I (the white guy) could say it better than him ( and I did). Anyway, he constantly got picked on all through high school for not being "black enough". He also had a bit of a speech impediment which made it worse.

Deberg_1990
09-27-2018, 04:38 PM
So Mahomes is a cornball brother?

13and3
09-27-2018, 04:53 PM

Not at all, Peters is just a thug. Thugs hate. I would take Mahomies in a street fight every day over that punk as long as it didn't involve guns.

Hammock Parties
09-27-2018, 05:13 PM
This doesn't surprise me in the least.

Also, if Mahomes had struggled this year and thrown a few picks, you know Peters would be first in line complaining about it.

The Chiefs wanted Mahomes to be the unquestioned leader in that locker room.

With Peters around that probably wasn't going to happen.

Hammock Parties
09-27-2018, 05:15 PM

For sure, and we already have an Uncle Tom...

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/qhoqax/picture82573842/alternates/FREE_640/DAT

Hammock Parties
09-27-2018, 05:21 PM
Great quarterbacks should be unicorns. You should feel slightly awkward and out of place talking to them. You WANT them to be a breed apart - no pun intended.

True.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/m2CiTnmqjHE/maxresdefault.jpg

dj56dt58
09-27-2018, 05:39 PM
There was some chatter here on cp about Peters wanting to be the hotshot and Mahomes coming in and stealing the show, all while probably unintentionally burning Peters in practice.

Oh it was definitely intentional

SAUTO
09-27-2018, 05:50 PM
Weren't you the one with the Rams source for some of the shit we heard?

I know a guy.

FloridaMan88
09-27-2018, 05:52 PM
Someone more credible than a fatass morning show hack on the Kevin Kietzman radio station needs to verify the validity of this rumor.

And no, Terez Paylor has not previously verified any issues between Mahomes and Peters... Perez’s previous reporting just indicated that there were issues in the locker room/behind the scenes with Peters, but nothing specifically with Mahomes.

FAX
09-27-2018, 05:54 PM
IMHO, this is a classic case where we should not judge by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I don't know either of these guys personally. Neither Mahomes nor Peters. But based on the behavior I've personally seen on the field and on the sideline, I have little doubt whom I would choose (if I had to choose) to play on my team and/or lead my locker room. I surmise it probably and ultimately came down to that.

FAX

htismaqe
09-27-2018, 05:55 PM

Dude, he was a huge head case. He attacked a family member. There's no PR BS. He HAD to go. He was toxic.

rabblerouser
09-27-2018, 06:04 PM
Dude, he was a huge head case. He attacked a family member. There's no PR BS. He HAD to go. He was toxic.

He also attacked Dave Toub and also to threatened to kill the team bus driver; all three incidents happened on the trip to NY Jets last year, and that's why Peters was suspended for 'conduct detrimental' the following week vs Raiders.

I think the fact the defense played their most complete game of the season vs Oakland without Peters had a lot to do with immediately punching his ticket out of KC

Oregon chief
09-27-2018, 06:07 PM
I imagine Mahomes made Peters look bad every day in practice and he just couldn’t handle it.

Sassy Squatch
09-27-2018, 06:09 PM
He also attacked Dave Toub and also to threatened to kill the team bus driver; all three incidents happened on the trip to NY Jets last year, and that's why Peters was suspended for 'conduct detrimental' the following week vs Raiders.

I think the fact the defense played their most complete game of the season vs Oakland without Peters had a lot to do with immediately punching his ticket out of KC
Last time I checked, those were just rumors.

rabblerouser
09-27-2018, 06:10 PM
I imagine Mahomes made Peters look bad every day in practice and he just couldn’t handle it.

This is accurate.

FAX
09-27-2018, 06:11 PM
Attacking Dave Toub is real bad. Threatening to kill a bus driver? I'd need to see some context on that one.

FAX

htismaqe
09-27-2018, 06:12 PM

The altercation with a family member wasn't a rumor unless you think the eyewitness made it up.

rabblerouser
09-27-2018, 06:13 PM

Sure, substantiated by several employees of the organization to several different people during 'off-the-record' conversations.

When I hear the same thing come from more than one source within the organization, then look at what they traded him for...well, there's a reason why he wears his welcome out after about 3 years everywhere he goes.

rabblerouser
09-27-2018, 06:14 PM
The altercation with a family member wasn't a rumor unless you think the eyewitness made it up.

Oh, you mean the member of NFL Security who saw Peters slap his momma.

Hammock Parties
09-27-2018, 06:15 PM
Mahomes family member. Report is bullshit.

https://i.imgur.com/T6nO6lr.png

Sassy Squatch
09-27-2018, 06:16 PM
I'm talking about Dave Toub and the bus driver. If those 2 are true as well as the story about his mom, then dude shouldn't be in a professional league.

rabblerouser
09-27-2018, 06:18 PM
Attacking Dave Toub is real bad. Threatening to kill a bus driver? I'd need to see some context on that one.

FAX
It was after the game, on the team bus during the drive to the airport in NY; the altercation with Toub also happened on the drive to the airport after his game.

He either slapped his momma in front of NFL Security either right before the game, or right before he went back out of the locker room in the 4th qtr...

Either way, **** Marcus Peters.

rabblerouser
09-27-2018, 06:19 PM
I'm talking about Dave Toub and the bus driver. If those 2 are true as well as the story about his mom, then dude shouldn't be in a professional league.

https://thefootballfeed.com/nfl-news/report-all-pro-cb-got-in-fight-with-coach-on-team-bus

FAX
09-27-2018, 06:21 PM
It was after the game, on the team bus during the drive to the airport in NY; the altercation with Toub also happened on the drive to the airport after his game.

He either slapped his momma in front of NFL Security either right before the game, or right before he went back out of the locker room in the 4th qtr...

Either way, **** Marcus Peters.

I'm just saying that I've seen some bus drivers who could benefit from a death threat or two.

There are some bus drivers who take human life very lightly.

FAX

Sassy Squatch
09-27-2018, 06:21 PM
https://thefootballfeed.com/nfl-news/report-all-pro-cb-got-in-fight-with-coach-on-team-bus
Argument =/= Physical fight.

rabblerouser
09-27-2018, 06:24 PM
Mahomes family member. Report is bullshit.

https://i.imgur.com/T6nO6lr.png

There was no beef because Mahomes don't play that shit. Marcus Peters was just another hood rat with great change of direction and decent ball awareness who got burned by the Majestic Arm of Mahomes.

Peters got pissed, and Mahomes got ready to take the league over.

I'll bet Patrick Mahomes never mentioned Marcus Peters to a single family member, ever. Because Marcus Peters is just another scorched CB to Mahomes.

Crispy.

Fuck Marcus Peters.

SAUTO
09-27-2018, 06:25 PM

None of that was a rumor.

SAUTO
09-27-2018, 06:27 PM

Either way, **** Marcus Peters. after the game from what I understand. She was flipping out on him for his behavior. Being loud, calling him crazy etc. And he lost it.

rabblerouser
09-27-2018, 06:29 PM
Argument =/= Physical fight.

No shit, but it was a PHYSICAL altercation.

The Chiefs PR wouldn't dare let it out that Peters is a head case that (still) attacks his coaches...you think a 2nd and a 4th is bad?

We wouldn't have got dick in a trade.

You're not one of those gullible people who won't believe anything until the AP has published an article, are ya?

rabblerouser
09-27-2018, 06:30 PM
after the game from what I understand. She was flipping out on him for his behavior. Being loud, calling him crazy etc. And he lost it.

That sounds right.

Sassy Squatch
09-27-2018, 06:31 PM
LMAO For someone who has such an apparent propensity for physical violence, he sure plays football like a pussy.

rabblerouser
09-27-2018, 06:31 PM

Not at all. More than one source, all with the exact same story.

FloridaMan88
09-27-2018, 06:32 PM
There was no beef because Mahomes don't play that shit. Marcus Peters was just another hood rat with great change of direction and decent ball awareness who got burned by the Majestic Arm of Mahomes.

Peters got pissed, and Mahomes got ready to take the league over.

I'll bet Patrick Mahomes never mentioned Marcus Peters to a single family member, ever. Because Marcus Peters is just another scorched CB to Mahomes.

Crispy.

**** Marcus Peters.

JFC there is no verified beef between Mahomes and Peters.

Steven St. John is a fat dumpster fire of fail.

rabblerouser
09-27-2018, 06:32 PM
LMAO For someone who has such an apparent propensity for physical violence, he sure plays football like a pussy.

He just had to tackle Adam Thelein.

Peters just got BURNED by Cousins > Robinson ROFL

SAUTO
09-27-2018, 06:33 PM

When he wants to.

SAUTO
09-27-2018, 06:34 PM
JFC there is no verified beef between Mahomes and Peters.

Steven St. John is a fat dumpster fire of fail.

I've seen nothing that's convinced me of that.

Only thing is that peters got a jab in on his way out

rabblerouser
09-27-2018, 06:35 PM
I've seen nothing that's convinced me of that.

Only thing is that peters got a jab in on his way out

Exactly.

The only reason there's 'no beef' is because Mahomes is above that shit.

13and3
09-27-2018, 06:44 PM
Who would win a fist fight, peters or mahomie?

rabblerouser
09-27-2018, 06:48 PM

Texas Mahomes vs Cali Peters?

As long as Peters doesn't bring a gun or his fellow gangmembers, Mahomes beats that ass just like he did in practice every day.

The only person Marcus Peters can push around is his mom.

KChiefs1
09-27-2018, 06:49 PM

Have you seen the size difference?

Hammock Parties
09-27-2018, 06:54 PM
the Majestic Arm of Mahomes.

"The Majestic"

Another great nickname

"The Mahjestic"

"Majestic Mahomes"

rabblerouser
09-27-2018, 06:54 PM
Have you seen the size difference?

*cue "Tiny Hulk" .gif*

Peters would get beat to a pulp.

rabblerouser
09-27-2018, 06:55 PM
"The Majestic"

Another great nickname

"The Mahjestic"

"Majestic Mahomes"

Majestic Texas!!

PS...Theilan just schooled Peters.

scho63
09-27-2018, 06:58 PM
I don't have time to read all the comments so I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed but I bet Peters was jealous from all the hoopla and felt he deserved better from the fans, club and community for his on field performance.
Mahomes shows up and everyone praised him from the moment the Chiefs traded up to get him.
Just my opinion.

rabblerouser
09-27-2018, 07:01 PM
I don't have time to read all the comments so I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed but I bet Peters was jealous from all the hoopla and felt he deserved better from the fans, club and community for his on field performance.
Mahomes shows up and everyone praised him from the moment the Chiefs traded up to get him.
Just my opinion.
Fuck Marcus Peters.

Just my opinion.

ThaVirus
09-27-2018, 07:04 PM
Didn’t Russell Wilson have similar issues due to his light skin?

Russell Wilson isn't light skinned.

In fact he's pretty much the same shade or even darker than other Seahawks stars like Earl Thomas, Richard Sherman, Doug Baldwin, Golden Tate, Percy Hardin, etc.

Yeah I've always thought RW was overrated.

When was that? When he was throwing more TDs in his first two seasons than Andrew Luck while making clutch plays to help his team win a Super Bowl? Or was it those two seasons where he threw 34 TDs?

Molitoth
09-27-2018, 07:19 PM
This has to be one of the stupidest threads on CP.

rabblerouser
09-27-2018, 07:20 PM

In fact he's pretty much the same shade or even darker than other Seahawks stars like Earl Thomas, Richard Sherman, Doug Baldwin, Golden Tate, Percy Hardin, etc.

Russell Wilson has a black daddy, and his mom is half white, half Samoan.

You may not see the difference, but his teammates did.

When was that? When he was throwing more TDs in his first two seasons than Andrew Luck while making clutch plays to help his team win a Super Bowl? Or was it those two seasons where he threw 34 TDs?
Yeah.

Marcellus
09-27-2018, 07:35 PM
You have to laugh at anyone who saw Peters actions on film questioning the "rumors" of his behavior behind closed doors.

BryanBusby
09-27-2018, 07:52 PM
Not buying it. The Chiefs would have been leaking word about this in the Spring to quiet all the hysteria over the trade.

rabblerouser
09-27-2018, 08:04 PM
Not buying it. The Chiefs would have been leaking word about this in the Spring to quiet all the hysteria over the trade.

So...maybe that's why some of us knew about it before the trade?

Iconic
09-27-2018, 08:05 PM
I feel like Peters is the type of guy to say things like "Whatsup kermit" to Mahomes. Don't really think it has anything to do with his skin color. Russel is a different story, he got shit from the locker room because he was a literal cuck who pretended to be a goodie two shoes jesus freak.

If there was any animosity I bet it's Peters making a lot of bitch remarks about Mahomes voice as funny as that sounds.

KChiefs1
09-27-2018, 08:09 PM

The size of his cock?

rabblerouser
09-27-2018, 08:11 PM
The size of his cock?

<shrugs>
Maybe that's where he wasn't "black enough", idk how that shit's supposed to work.

WhiteWhale
09-27-2018, 08:12 PM
This is the dumbest shit ever. See what you started WhiteWhale!
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL

I haven't even read it yet. I was like "Man, I should have just left it alone".

This is why careless speculation is dangerous. Learn from my mistakes!

lewdog
09-27-2018, 08:22 PM
I also wish Mahomes was more thug and ghetto.

But I guess I'll live with his current state.

rabblerouser
09-27-2018, 08:27 PM
You have to laugh at anyone who saw Peters actions on film questioning the "rumors" of his behavior behind closed doors.

So much this.

And beyond all that, here's the real crux of the situation :

For his faults at game management and being conservative, Andy Reid does do a couple things better than most - his 'X's and O's' are second to none, especially on the offensive side of the ball, but more than that...his players genuinely like him and play hard for him, and for that, he never gives up on them. And he's a notorious 'second-chancer' - he signed Mike Vick right out of prison, he drafted Reek after "the incident", Trotter left Philly for a free agent deal in Washington, Reid brought him back...Ron Parker got cut by Baltimore, Reid brings him back...

It says an awful lot about Marcus Peters, as a person, if Andy Reid washed his hands of him and gave up on him, as a person...because Andy Reid don't give up on NOBODY.

Because, make no mistake, Reid didn't give up on Peters as a player...he gave up on Peters AS A PERSON.

SAUTO
09-27-2018, 08:33 PM
I also wish Mahomes was more thug and ghetto.

But I guess I'll live with his current state.

I'm from the ghetto and i don't

rabblerouser
09-27-2018, 08:35 PM
I'm from the ghetto and i don't

Let's just assume lewdog was being facetious; if there's one thing that unites us all, it's that we all agree that Patrick Mahomes is awesome as he is, both on and off the field.

BryanBusby
09-27-2018, 08:38 PM
So...maybe that's why some of us knew about it before the trade?
Beyond theory crafting and twitter bullshit, nobody really knew anything.

Like if Peters was fucking with the franchise, they would of got a lot of slack dumping Peters the fuck off. "Secret sources" would of been singing that shit from the top of Arrowheads press box.

SAUTO
09-27-2018, 08:39 PM
Beyond theory crafting and twitter bullshit, nobody really knew anything.

Like if Peters was fucking with the franchise, they would of got a lot of slack dumping Peters the fuck off. "Secret aources" would of been singing that shit from the top of Arrowheads press box.

ROFL :rolleyes:

lewdog
09-27-2018, 08:43 PM
Sounds like a good article to print so the fans feel good about getting rid of a good cornerback, when our current secondary blows goats.

BryanBusby
09-27-2018, 08:43 PM
Well I mean if you want to believe some radio guy I've never even fucking heard of before, go ahead.

SAUTO
09-27-2018, 08:49 PM
Well I mean if you want to believe some radio guy I've never even fucking heard of before, go ahead.

About this situation? No way.

About the other stuff? I definitely didn't hear it from a radio guy

BryanBusby
09-27-2018, 08:52 PM
About this situation? No way.

About the other stuff? I definitely didn't hear it from a radio guy
So you don't believe this guy about Peters fucking with Mahomes, but other sources that Peters was fucking with Mahomes?

htismaqe
09-27-2018, 08:54 PM
It's got nothing to do with Mahomes.

It's got everything to do with Peters fighting with coaches and physically assaulting a family member at Arrowhead.

SAUTO
09-27-2018, 08:54 PM
So you don't believe this guy about Peters fucking with Mahomes, but other sources that Peters was fucking with Mahomes?

No. I'm talking about the other stuff peters did.

I have no idea whether or not Peters fucked with mahomes.

I just know he talked shit on the way out

SAUTO
09-27-2018, 08:56 PM

It's got everything to do with Peters fighting with coaches and physically assaulting a family member at Arrowhead.

That's what I'm talking about

Which is what I didn't hear from a radio guy.

BryanBusby
09-27-2018, 08:56 PM
No. I'm talking about the other stuff peters did.

I have no idea whether or not Peters fucked with mahomes.

I just know he talked shit on the way out
I'm purely talking about Mahomes in that post.

The franchise = the MVP = Mahomes

SAUTO
09-27-2018, 08:58 PM
I'm purely talking about Mahomes in that post.

The franchise = the MVP = Mahomes

Ok . You said other than Twitter bs and theory crafting no one knew anything.

I know something. But not about mahomes.

BryanBusby
09-27-2018, 09:00 PM
Ok . You said other than Twitter bs and theory crafting no one knew anything.

I know something. But not about mahomes.
There has been no official word, yeah?

I think I'm just super skeptical anymore although yeah I'm sure we can all reasonably say he was being a dick in general.

SAUTO
09-27-2018, 09:05 PM
There has been no official word, yeah?

I think I'm just super skeptical anymore although yeah I'm sure we can all reasonably say he was being a dick in general.

I understand your take.

I heard this from someone that would and definitely should know exactly what happened and they aren't affiliated with the chiefs in any way.

Sannyasi
09-27-2018, 09:44 PM
How have you guys turned this into a race thing? Peters was a dick to literally everyone.

suzzer99
09-27-2018, 09:51 PM
It's only a race thing with morons. Anyone who understands football can see Peters was a cancer.

You can't go to war with someone whose attitude is: "Well I'm a great shot so I don't have to do the dirty work". It doesn't work.

ThaVirus
09-27-2018, 09:53 PM

You may not see the difference, but his teammates did

First of all, I'm not sure the bold is even accurate, and second, you're clearly just throwing shit at the wall.

ChiefsFanatic
09-28-2018, 12:15 AM

It's got everything to do with Peters fighting with coaches and physically assaulting a family member at Arrowhead.I didn't like sending Peters away, but I think what you are saying here is true, but I also think that cHunt didn't want vocal opposition and criticism of his political views.

But, ok, he was a problem, and we got rid of him. But come on, a 4th round pick, and then a 2nd round pick next year? Not only was Peters a Pro Bowler, but he was also named to the All-Pro team and was Defensive Rookie of the Year in 2016. He reached 18 career picks faster than every Hall of Fame DB. I think a 4th and a 2nd was just bad negotiating, and something that the Browns would do. And he was still on his rookie contract.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

-King-
09-28-2018, 12:40 AM

When did he make those clutch plays to help his team win the Superbowl? I missed that. Was it his 100 yard game, his 196 yard game or his 200 yard game?
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
09-28-2018, 12:43 AM
First of all, I'm not sure the bold is even accurate, and second, you're clearly just throwing shit at the wall.

The people who hate people who turn everything into a race issue are sure trying their hardest to turn this into a race issue.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
09-28-2018, 01:02 AM

Yeah.

You're projecting a lot.
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990
09-28-2018, 05:50 AM
I didn't like sending Peters away, but I think what you are saying here is true, but I also think that cHunt didn't want vocal opposition and criticism of his political views.

But, ok, he was a problem, and we got rid of him. But come on, a 4th round pick, and then a 2nd round pick next year? Not only was Peters a Pro Bowler, but he was also named to the All-Pro team and was Defensive Rookie of the Year in 2016. He reached 18 career picks faster than every Hall of Fame DB. I think a 4th and a 2nd was just bad negotiating, and something that the Browns would do. And he was still on his rookie contract.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

We will never know the negotiations. But I think Peters was worth what he’s worth as far as trade value goes. Someone would have coughed up a higher pick if they felt he was truly worth it. As far as value, we will likely never get true on the field equal value. The likelihood of a a 2nd and 4th round pick being as talented and impactful as Peters is low.

The Chiefs Are not dumb. They know this. But they didn’t ship him out because his play sucked.

ThaVirus
09-28-2018, 06:12 AM
When did he make those clutch plays to help his team win the Superbowl? I missed that. Was it his 100 yard game, his 196 yard game or his 200 yard game?
Posted via Mobile Device

When he threw 2 TDs with no INTs, averaged over 8 YPA, and led his offense to a 60% 3rd down conversion rate despite the RBs averaging <4 YPC.

You're talking to the wrong dude about passing yards. Absolutely the most overrated statistic in sports.

-King-
09-28-2018, 06:24 AM
When he threw 2 TDs with no INTs, averaged over 8 YPA, and led his offense to a 60% 3rd down conversion rate despite the RBs averaging <4 YPC.

You're talking to the wrong dude about passing yards. Absolutely the most overrated statistic in sports.

I hope you're not talking about the Superbowl. He was clutch in a game they won 43-8 and literally had the lead for 59 minutes and 48 seconds?

In what way isn't that game the very definition of game manager?

Wilson has had 1 franchise QB level playoff game, a bunch of game manager level games and a few bad games. Overall he's been a good game manager at best in the postseason. Shit, Alex Smith is better than him in the playoffs. He just didn't have a defense that can bail him out when he threw 4 picks in a game or a running back like Marshawn behind him. We really got robbed of seeing Jamaal in the playoffs in Smiths years here.
Posted via Mobile Device

TEX
09-28-2018, 06:30 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

:facepalm:

Like I said in another post : "What's it like to be on the wrong side of every issue?"

I bet I can literally go from thread to thread, and cut and paste my question as a response, without even reading your posts...

Marcellus
09-28-2018, 07:12 AM
The people who hate people who turn everything into a race issue are sure trying their hardest to turn this into a race issue.
Posted via Mobile Device

Now I am confused, 2 black dudes who don't like each other because of their differences in upbringing is a race thing?

Shit I butt heads with all kinds of white dudes here. I doubt you can get any more cracker white than me and Dane.

Lzen
09-28-2018, 07:16 AM

Do you have proof of this? I'm genuinely curious about that.

Lzen
09-28-2018, 07:36 AM
I dislike Peters. It has nothing to do with race, for me. For a lot of the hee-haw yocals, I suppose it might, but that's also none of my business, and I've no desire to get into a pissing match about it.

I dislike his meltdowns, I dislike his refusal to tackle, I dislike his me-first attitude that includes freelancing and not running the coverages that were called, screaming at coaches on the sidelines, etc., etc. I think people put too much emphasis on his INTs without realizing how much the other things negatively affect a team defense....

Lots of truth in this post.
:clap:

Lzen
09-28-2018, 07:44 AM
We got torched by Terrell Pryor and Derek Carr with Peters on the team last year

ROFL

Didn't Peters, specifically get torched by Denver's JAG QB last year at Arrowhead?

ThaVirus
09-28-2018, 10:33 AM
I hope you're not talking about the Superbowl. He was clutch in a game they won 43-8 and literally had the lead for 59 minutes and 48 seconds?

In what way isn't that game the very definition of game manager?

Wilson has had 1 franchise QB level playoff game, a bunch of game manager level games and a few bad games. Overall he's been a good game manager at best in the postseason. Shit, Alex Smith is better than him in the playoffs. He just didn't have a defense that can bail him out when he threw 4 picks in a game or a running back like Marshawn behind him. We really got robbed of seeing Jamaal in the playoffs in Smiths years here.
Posted via Mobile Device

Absolutely.

When you’re facing the greatest offense the league has ever seen, every third down converted is a clutch play made.

Deberg_1990
09-28-2018, 11:34 AM
ROFL

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">McVay says Marcus Peters fight &amp; toughness to play tonight is something that resonates with his teammates, ultimate team guy.</p>&mdash; Omar Ruiz (@OmarDRuiz) <a href="https://twitter.com/OmarDRuiz/status/1045520867458002944?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 28, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>