PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Where are the rookie mistakes?

Rausch
10-02-2018, 01:02 AM
He perhaps wasn't mature enough to lead a team. Perhaps not ready to face a shoot-out. Perhaps not ready for pressure. CAN'T BEAT THE BLITZ!

This is the thread for those willing to admit they were wrong.

He can dump while pressured.

He can accurately throw on the run.

He can direct traffic and not rely on the scramble.

Oh, hell. Damn. He might just be the real deal...:)

Rasputin
10-02-2018, 01:04 AM
I've never doubted him and believed when we drafted him.

Hammock Parties
10-02-2018, 01:07 AM
He's not a rookie.

This dude lives, eats, breathes and sleeps football.

He got all that rookie shit out of him last year.

He's about 1/2 year ahead of where he should be.

Ming the Merciless
10-02-2018, 01:11 AM
I believed he'd have some picks by now

No way in hell I thought he'd be 15 td 0 int

This is absolutely bonkers

WhiteWhale
10-02-2018, 01:13 AM
Perhaps Rausch is as loaded as I am on booze and Mahomes magical intoxicant.

I can't sleep... fuck.

ChiefGator
10-02-2018, 03:31 AM
He is going to score more touchdowns than Alex Smith, but we are going to have to expect an interception a game or so as he gets his feet under him.

There is just no other way with a rookie.

RealSNR
10-02-2018, 06:01 AM
He is going to score more touchdowns than Alex Smith, but we are going to have to expect an interception a game or so as he gets his feet under him.

There is just no other way with a rookie.

"The bad games will come..."

We've seen the bad games. They involve him throwing 300 yards and no picks.

MIAdragon
10-02-2018, 07:28 AM
Brees is the only other starter to not throw a pick so far. Truly unreal.

Great Expectations
10-02-2018, 07:31 AM
The left handed throw was a “rookie” mistake. He is just so talented that he turns the mistakes into amazing plays.

htismaqe
10-02-2018, 07:33 AM
He's not a rookie.

This dude lives, eats, breathes and sleeps football.

He got all that rookie shit out of him last year.

He's about 1/2 year ahead of where he should be.

More than a half.

htismaqe
10-02-2018, 07:33 AM
The left handed throw was a “rookie” mistake. He is just so talented that he turns the mistakes into amazing plays.

yup

O.city
10-02-2018, 07:35 AM
He did struggle last night. They had him and the whole offense confused a lot. We needed to get the Alex Smith man beating short crossers going earlier, but we did late and Pat went Captain America.

I'm doing dentistry left handed this morning in honor of hinm.

Great Expectations
10-02-2018, 07:43 AM
The throw across his body to the middle of the field when he almost crossed the line of scrimmage is also a “rookie” mistake. His arm strength is soooooo good that he can “get away” with it. What an amazing play that was, and every QB coach in the world teaches QB’s to not make that throw. Those balls are usually picked off, but Pat is too good.

htismaqe
10-02-2018, 07:43 AM

ROFL

bowener
10-02-2018, 07:48 AM
I've never doubted him and believed when we drafted him.

Same. My friends were all over Alex's nuts and spouted the same bullshit about protecting the ball and being a reliable starter. I told them to expect 40TDs from this kid with 10 INTs or fewer. Now I feel bad for accidentally shorting the talents of Mahomes with my plebeian stats.

ChiTown
10-02-2018, 07:48 AM
Rookie? He's a cyborg. There is NO other explanation.............

Halfcan
10-02-2018, 08:55 AM
"The bad games will come..."

We've seen the bad games. They involve him throwing 300 yards and no picks.

The O-line had its hands full all night and guys were blitzing with a free shot at Mahomes, but he just skipped away like it was nothing!

Bearcat
10-02-2018, 09:07 AM
People are slow to accept change.

QBs need 3 years, defense wins championships, football is won in the trenches...

The Chiefs are fun again though, for the first time in 15 years.... they've finally caught up to the rest of the NFL.

bobbything
10-02-2018, 09:10 AM
He made one really bad throw last night where he forced a ball to Kelce that should have been picked off. I can only think of one other pass all season where I thought, "He got away with one there." Other than that, he's really not making any errors.

58-4ever
10-02-2018, 09:12 AM
He had a few wtf passes last night that could've been picked and called a rookie mistake. Luckily they did not. I am not sure we will see the drastic stuff that we've seen with others... pretty amazing when you think about it.

Reerun_KC
10-02-2018, 09:14 AM
People are slow to accept change.

QBs need 3 years, defense wins championships, football is won in the trenches...

The Chiefs are fun again though, for the first time in 15 years.... they've finally caught up to the rest of the NFL.

Yep. Gonna take chiefs fans a long time still to accept it.

Randallflagg
10-02-2018, 09:34 AM
He perhaps wasn't mature enough to lead a team. Perhaps not ready to face a shoot-out. Perhaps not ready for pressure. CAN'T BEAT THE BLITZ!

This is the thread for those willing to admit they were wrong.

He can dump while pressured.

He can accurately throw on the run.

He can direct traffic and not rely on the scramble.

Oh, hell. Damn. He might just be the real deal...:)

I truly believe that the kid is the real deal. However, we (the fans) still have to temper our joy just a little. He WILL make some boneheaded mistakes. It's inevitable. But yeah - he is the real deal....and it feels GREAT! :thumb:

OKchiefs
10-02-2018, 09:38 AM
Not a rookie, ergo no rookie mistakes.

Now our incredibly horrible 2018 draft class on the other hand...

Lzen
10-02-2018, 09:50 AM
He did struggle last night. They had him and the whole offense confused a lot. We needed to get the Alex Smith man beating short crossers going earlier, but we did late and Pat went Captain America.

I'll pray for your patients. :shake:

Lzen
10-02-2018, 09:51 AM
Not a rookie, ergo no rookie mistakes.

Now our incredibly horrible 2018 draft class on the other hand...

You can't evaluate a draft class barely into year 1.

Lzen
10-02-2018, 09:52 AM
I truly believe that the kid is the real deal. However, we (the fans) still have to temper our joy just a little. He WILL make some boneheaded mistakes. It's inevitable. But yeah - he is the real deal....and it feels GREAT! :thumb:

Yep. I'm feeling pretty confident in this kid. I can't wait until we see what he will do in the playoffs. :drool:

Deberg_1990
10-02-2018, 10:28 AM
Mahomes makes plenty of mistakes. But he has the natural athletic talent to overcome them.

He needs to get better at reading and throwing from the pocket. Most of his great passes last night were made on rollouts.

I'm very impressed he has yet to throw an INT.

MIAdragon
10-02-2018, 10:30 AM
Mahomes makes plenty of mistakes. But he has the natural athletic talent to overcome them.

He needs to get better at reading and throwing from the pocket. Most of his great passes last night were made on rollouts.

An OL that could block worth a shit would go a long way for the pocket passing.

DRM08
10-02-2018, 10:33 AM
The O-line had its hands full all night and guys were blitzing with a free shot at Mahomes, but he just skipped away like it was nothing!

He has really good natural sense of pressure in the pocket and knows how to escape. That’s a scary thing for defenses when you combine it with his downfield vision and rocket arm.

Basileus777
10-02-2018, 10:38 AM

It was the first game where he wasn't doing most of his damage from the pocket though.