PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Kelce

T-post Tom
10-02-2018, 01:38 AM
Kelce was not Kelce. Maybe the first time he didn't do a TD celebration? He looked very slow and sluggish by his normal standards. Wonder if he was under the weather...or maybe hit the Denver bars a little too hard? Up too late with the "imported" women? :) Hope it was a one-time thing & that his ribs are ok after that hit he took in the endzone. All that said, his statline was good & we needed his production tonight. Kudos to thw best TE in football.

What we're used to seeing:

https://media.giphy.com/media/3ov9jWLbdZISvS7RCM/giphy.gif
https://media1.giphy.com/media/3o7TKE0PAvVMbcTPRS/giphy.gif
https://media0.giphy.com/media/26vIfr90OHXBQi3M4/giphy.gif
https://media0.giphy.com/media/3o7TKqHm6TM9BosuhG/giphy.gif

Naptown Chief
10-02-2018, 01:42 AM
Kelce was not Kelce. Maybe the first time he didn't do a TD celebration? He looked very slow and sluggish by his normal standards. Wonder if he was under the weather...or maybe hit the Denver bars a little too hard? Up too late with the "imported" women? :) Hope it was a one-time thing & that his ribs are ok after that hit he took in the endzone. All that said, his statline was good & we needed his production tonight. Kudos to thw best TE in football.

Other than the Hunt TD celebration he was very quiet tonight. His eyes did look as if he felt like shit when they showed his face

Hammock Parties
altitude

dude gutted it out and had a pro bowl game

he's a fucking stud

Naptown Chief
Wonder if he took advantage of Colorado's legalization?

Naptown Chief
10-02-2018, 01:44 AM
altitude

he's a ****ing stud

Could very well be it.

I'm from San Diego. Every summer we went camping in the Sierra Nevadas and every fucking year I would get sick as a dog for the first 24 hours. It would rival any flu I'd ever had

DTVietnam
10-02-2018, 02:04 AM
Kelce was getting hit al night and running up and down the field. .

thats not an easy place to play and he had a great game..

T-post Tom
10-02-2018, 02:48 AM
Other than the Hunt TD celebration he was very quiet tonight. His eyes did look as if he felt like shit when they showed his face

I thought so too. Could have been altitude, but he's not looked that sluggish in prior games at Dungover, IIRC. Have a couple of friends that have partied with him at P&L. He parties like he plays football, max effort. And dungover has great nightlife. Who knows? Good news is he stepped it up when needed & we got to see the donks (and their fans) get their hearts ripped out. Lovin it!

Red Dawg
10-02-2018, 03:02 AM
7 catches in the second half is quiet?

T-post Tom
10-02-2018, 03:09 AM
7 catches in the second half is quiet?

He stepped up when he needed to, to be sure. Just saying that he looked sluggish and like he did not feel well. Several people have mentioned the same thing in multiple threads. He looked a little slower than normal and didn't break tackles like he usually does. And the real telltale sign, no touchdown celebration. So if he was not feeling well, that's an even bigger tribute to him for the effort he made to contribute. The offense really needed him and the other playmakers to step up after Watkins pulled his hammy in the 1st quarter. And they did.

Nickhead
10-02-2018, 03:16 AM
altitude

he's a fucking stud

he's had his licks for sure, but he looked the same way the last two games as well, demeanor wise. i just think he is being low profile with everything. maybe he's making defenses think he's still woozy from the titans game? :thumb:

Danguardace
10-02-2018, 03:19 AM
When he scored we they still losing, I think it's a good sign just wanted to get on with it.

cabletech94
10-02-2018, 03:55 AM
he did seem very sluggish. like not having the quickness he usually has. but to go in to devner and give an all out performance like he did? i'll take it. hope those ribs are okay.

MeaTy The Pimp
10-02-2018, 04:49 AM
At times he looked like he was trying to run under water. Not typical Kelce for sure.

Eleazar
10-02-2018, 04:54 AM
I thought he looked like he had the flu or something. But he showed up in the second half when we needed him.

ChiefRocka
10-02-2018, 04:55 AM
“Sorry Gronk....Best TE in the league”

Red Dawg
10-02-2018, 05:35 AM

I agree. He's gone past Gronk. Gronks body is starting to betray him.

Chiefs=Champions
10-02-2018, 05:36 AM
He was just exhausted. Its so hard to play up there, let alone with the amount of snaps he takes while taking hits basically every play. Look how often the broncos rotate Von Miller. He was just gassed, but kept fighting.

Chiefnj2
10-02-2018, 06:01 AM
I thought he must have taken a shot earlier in the game that hurt him (Before the shot to the ribs in the end zone). He looked slow getting up off the ground most of the second half.

Dunerdr
10-02-2018, 06:40 AM

I'd love to see the pats fans squirm everyone the announcer said best tight end in the league.

Sure-Oz
10-02-2018, 07:14 AM
He definitely looked slow after the catch on a few plays. Hope he's not hurt.

CaliforniaChief
10-02-2018, 07:17 AM
Same thought here. Got it done, but yeah looked off. Hopefully all those f's he put in his pocket help.

luv
10-02-2018, 07:19 AM
Eh, I'd say he's in good form.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1046960560900849671

htismaqe
10-02-2018, 07:20 AM
Altitude sickness, injury, whatever it was, he looked like he was hurting and slow.

Yet, he gutted it out and contributed to the win.

CupidStunt
10-02-2018, 07:23 AM
It was the air. Our defenders were in and out all game, Hill banged up, Hunt in and out for Ware. That place is a goddamn ridiculous advantage for the home team. Glad we got that out of the way and can look forward to wrecking them at Arrowhead.

redfan
10-02-2018, 07:32 AM
Prolly just feeling that 'ol Mile High. It oughta be against the rules to play at altitude.

Rasputin
10-02-2018, 08:10 AM
Credit for Patrick for keep feeding him the ball. Other quarterbacks stay clear of guys who drops balls Patrick goes out of his way to make them better and get back in it. Fucking A

gblowfish
10-02-2018, 09:19 AM
Prolly just feeling that 'ol Mile High. It oughta be against the rules to play at altitude.

It'll be worse in Mexico City vs. Rams

FAX
10-02-2018, 09:25 AM
Kelce's been different all year long (at least, it seems that way to me). More subdued, more focused, more ... I don't know ... mature?

I'm beginning to wonder if seeing his brother win the SB has altered his priorities somewhat. He seems to be all business all the time.

FAX