PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 1/4th Season Done: How many of you thought we would be 4-0 after 3 road games?

Trivers
10-02-2018, 11:28 AM
If so, please PM me so I can spend big $$$ on lottery tickets and we'll split the winnings.

I thought 2-2 at best! And 1-3 was not out of reason.

Based, on what you seen so far, what do you predict for the 2nd quarter?

5 Oct 07 JAX @ KC Arrowhead Stadium
6 Oct 14 KC @ NE Gillette Stadium
7 Oct 21 CIN @ KC Arrowhead Stadium
8 Oct 28 DEN @ KC Arrowhead Stadium

Predictions?

Which games will we win and lose?

The Franchise
10-02-2018, 11:28 AM
I would say either 6-2 or 7-1.

Clyde Frog
10-02-2018, 11:29 AM
2-2 out of this stretch and were sitting pretty.

Trivers
10-02-2018, 11:31 AM
Heart says win all four!

Brain says lose next two; win last two.

TLO
10-02-2018, 11:32 AM
HOW OF YOU !?!!

TLO
10-02-2018, 11:33 AM
I say 4-0 because Patrick Mahomes

Trivers
10-02-2018, 11:33 AM
HOW OF YOU !?!!

ADHD strikes again. Fixed!

Naptown Chief
10-02-2018, 11:34 AM
I would say either 6-2 or 7-1.

That's my line of thought as well. Likely 6-2 or 7-1 but, if somehow the D can step up these next 2 games, I could see us 8-0 and really competing for the #1 seed.

TLO
10-02-2018, 11:34 AM
ADHD strikes again. Fixed!

LMAO

Naptown Chief
10-02-2018, 11:35 AM
That's my line of thought as well. Likely 6-2 or 7-1 but, if somehow the D can step up these next 2 games, I could see us 8-0 and really competing for the #1 seed.

If we pull these next two games, we'll have a 2 game lead (at worst) on Jacksonville and 3 on the Pats. That's huge.

Molitoth
10-02-2018, 11:36 AM
This years schedule looks brutal, then again the Chiefs typically win games they shouldn't and lose games they should dominate.

I suppose I'm glad we haven't faced the Bills or Browns at home yet, because those are the stupid games that usually end up pissing me off the most.

ChiefsCountry
10-02-2018, 11:36 AM
Win the next 3 at Arrowhead, lose to New England in Foxboro.

O.city
10-02-2018, 11:40 AM
Fuck it, win them all.

New England's defense sucks. They can't do what Denver did last night. Fuck them.

Cincy is a damn good team and so is Jax.

Naptown Chief
10-02-2018, 11:47 AM
**** it, win them all.

New England's defense sucks. They can't do what Denver did last night. **** them.

Yeah. Coming into the season I'd thought Cincinnati and Baltimore were wins where Pittsburgh and NE were losses. I'm now more concerned with those two than the Pats

RippedmyFlesh
10-02-2018, 11:47 AM
**** it, win them all.

New England's defense sucks. They can't do what Denver did last night. **** them.

I know we may not go undefeated but unlike the past there is nobody who I think we can't beat. Even when the Chiefs were good there was always a couple of teams that were matchup nightmares. Not anymore pitt ne jax bring them on no one scares me.

Naptown Chief
10-02-2018, 11:54 AM
I know we may not go undefeated but unlike the past there is nobody who I think we can't beat. Even when the Chiefs were good there was always a couple of teams that were matchup nightmares. Not anymore pitt ne jax bring them on no one scares me.

The only team that scares me against us is.. us, our D specifically.

Baby Lee
10-02-2018, 11:59 AM
I thought Mahomes was good enough to take a lot of teams to 4-0, even as a rookie.
I was wrong in thinking that the O-line would have him running for his life and it would lead to confusion and more errant passes.
He's running for his life a bit, but he's not errant, so I mildly underestimated his lock on the scheme and his accuracy while mobile. He's 'everything we have to hope for.' I hoped for it but was uncomfortable relying on it as a given. It didn't seem fair to him, to ask any franchise QB to be better than anyone ever before because we can't put a complete team around him.
The defense is about where I figured it would be, though the absence of Berry has hurt their progress even more than I feared. Luckily it hasn't mattered.
The skills of the core of Mahomes, Hill, Hunt, Kelce, and Watkins is everything I anticipated, but my concern is and has been the rest of the team negating the potential, and the deficiencies in the o-line getting Mahomes injured.
Berry is disappointing [not his fault, but still a big factor as an impediment to achieving greatness as a team], and Watkins we'll have to wait and see how long the hammy hamstrings him [npi].
The 'foot off the gas' syndrome in Reid's game-planning is still a concern as well. Fortunately, Mahomes appears to be as able to ramp back up as Reid is to ramp things down.

Baby Lee
10-02-2018, 12:03 PM

Luckily for us at the end, Keenum was incapable of even guiding a hot knife to butter. Our D was bad enough to lose at the end, but their O wasn't good enough to take advantage.

JohnnyHammersticks
10-02-2018, 12:11 PM
It's amazing how much better a really good QB can make an offensive line look.

Who knows, maybe Trezelle Jenkins would've made the HOF with a QB like Mahomes behind him. :shake:

Naptown Chief
10-02-2018, 12:19 PM
Luckily for us at the end, Keenum was incapable of even guiding a hot knife to butter. Our D was bad enough to lose at the end, but their O wasn't good enough to take advantage.

Until they do something about it, that'll be a narrative time and time again.

KC_Lee
10-02-2018, 12:22 PM
I thought we'd be 2-2 at this point and we're 4-0.
Applying the same logic and hopping for the same result, I think we'll go 2-2 over the next 4 games and hope we end up 4-0 over the next 4 games.

FAX
10-02-2018, 12:45 PM
Me. I thought they would run the table early in the year.

It's Wally, after all. After the rule changes and the NFL's emphasis on offense ... combined with Mahomes and the addition of Sammy, I honestly had no doubt.

I didn't expect the secondary to be this ... iffy. We really need to tighten that up a little there.

FAX

TEX
10-02-2018, 01:00 PM
I thought 2 - 2. I had us losing the first two and winning the last two.

Also hoped to be 3 - 3 after 6 and figured if we were, that we would be in pretty good shape. Thought if we were 4 - 2 that we would be in great shape. Now that we're 4 - 0, if we end up 4 - 2, Ill be disappointed. Funny how that works.

oldman
10-02-2018, 02:09 PM
I had us at 3-1 for the 1st quarter and I see us at 3-1 for this one. Our weak spot on the O-line is still at LG.

displacedinMN
10-02-2018, 02:59 PM
I had not really paid attention that 3 were on the road. Winning must do that.
But the one in LA was really a home game.

Frazod
10-02-2018, 03:03 PM
I'm quite sure the schedule makers didn't think we would be. :D

KC Dan
10-02-2018, 03:04 PM
I'm quite sure the schedule makers didn't think we would be. :DYup! They were banking on the Chargers getting out fast and winning the division for LA. hahahahaha

FAX
10-02-2018, 03:07 PM
I had us at 3-1 for the 1st quarter and I see us at 3-1 for this one. Our weak spot on the O-line is still at LG.

Cam can't pass protect to save his (or anyone else's) ass.

However, he can push the pile about 10 yards downfield on a run play and his TD celebration game is real strong. Strange skill set with that guy.

FAX

dlphg9
10-02-2018, 03:10 PM
Patrick Mahomes is on pace for 4800 yds 56 tds and 0 ints. Thatd be a pretty good season.

Ming the Merciless
10-02-2018, 03:15 PM
We are never losing again

Rasputin
10-02-2018, 03:18 PM
No matter if our defense sucks all we have to do is outscore the opponent and we have Patrick Mahomes II at quarterback.

This is MFL Mahomes Football League

Chiefer8989
10-02-2018, 03:20 PM
Honestly, its nice to be 4-0. But they need to do it in December and January or the season is a waste. We've all seen this movie before.

dlphg9
10-02-2018, 03:21 PM
We are never losing again

I honestly feel like that now. Last night I thought it was over, not because of our offense, but I didn't feel like our D could stop them to give us a chance, but they did! I just knew Mahomes would bring us back if the D gave him the chance to. Last night was perfect. It was so much better than a blow out. It makes it even sweeter that it was at pile high and the donk tears we're flowing. We let them think they had a chance and rippedout their hearts.

Chiefer8989
10-02-2018, 03:21 PM
No matter if our defense sucks all we have to do is outscore the opponent and we have Patrick Mahomes II at quarterback.

This is MFL Mahomes Football League

Love Mahomes, but I wanna see him do this in weeks 10 onward. I want to see what he does when he faces better defenses and coordinators.

dlphg9
10-02-2018, 03:22 PM
Honestly, its nice to be 4-0. But they need to do it in December and January or the season is a waste. We've all seen this movie before.

Glad you made an account to post this. No we haven't seen this before. We have our Savior and he won't let anything bad happen to us.

Rasputin
10-02-2018, 03:23 PM

No we haven't. We haven't seen it with Mahomes

New era in Chiefs football this is not the old Chiefs

we'll get it done in February.

Rasputin
10-02-2018, 03:26 PM
Love Mahomes, but I wanna see him do this in weeks 10 onward. I want to see what he does when he faces better defenses and coordinators.

Um it's week 5 not week 10 i don't give a fuck about week 10 until week 10.

If he hasn't impressed you yet then you are a complete imbecile that wants to pretend he knows better than the rest of us.

jaa1025
10-02-2018, 03:28 PM
I thought 2-2 or 3-1 with wins against the Chargers (never buy into that hype), 49ers and Denver was a toss up for me. Figured the Steelers domination may have continued.

The next 4 games, I have them 3-1 with a loss at NE. I think we smoke the Jags and the Bengals are better than I thought they would be but it's a home game. We will dominate Denver at home. NE should be better than they have been and that's a road game. I think they have a better chance at 4-0 here than 2-2, but i'll stay at 3-1.

BryanBusby
10-02-2018, 03:32 PM
I see 3-1 over the next quarter of the season. Defense is going to cost us a win with AJ Green, Tyler Boyd and John Ross torching them and Andy Dalton not getting touched the entire game.

Chiefer8989
10-02-2018, 03:33 PM
Um it's week 5 not week 10 i don't give a **** about week 10 until week 10.

If he hasn't impressed you yet then you are a complete imbecile that wants to pretend he knows better than the rest of us.

He's definitely impressed me. But again, I wanna see him do this against great defenses and see how he adjusts. I have faith he will adjust just fine. But here's the bigger question: what's this team gonna do when a stoud D shuts the offense down? This D isn't championship caliber. Anyone remember watching SB 48 & 50 when the top offense and top defense went head to head?

I've also been a fan for many years. Call me a bad fan. Don't care. The point is I want to see this franchise win when it counts most.

Frazod
10-02-2018, 03:34 PM
Yup! They were banking on the Chargers getting out fast and winning the division for LA. hahahahaha

From a preseason standpoint, it really seems like our schedule was tailor made to fuck us.

Week 1 on the road against the division favorite.
Week 2 on the road against Pittsburgh, where we always lose.
Week 3 at home against last year's late season darling Garappolo
Week 4 on the road against Denver
Week 5 at home against AFCCG loser Jacksonville
Week 6 on the road against AFC Champion New England

Four tough road games, and no gimmes. I'd say we were intended to start 1-5 at best.

Oops.

Pitt Gorilla
10-02-2018, 03:34 PM
I'm quite sure the schedule makers didn't think we would be. :DAnd, somehow, the donx started with 3 of 4 at home.

BTW, I love that donx autocorrects to "done." LMAO

Pitt Gorilla
10-02-2018, 03:36 PM
Honestly, its nice to be 4-0. But they need to do it in December and January or the season is a waste. We've all seen this movie before.Jesus, just enjoy the ride. Control what you can control.

Pitt Gorilla
10-02-2018, 03:36 PM
I honestly thought we'd lose on the road in Denver. That was a big win, IMO.

Rasputin
10-02-2018, 03:47 PM
He's definitely impressed me. But again, I wanna see him do this against great defenses and see how he adjusts. I have faith he will adjust just fine. But here's the bigger question: what's this team gonna do when a stoud D shuts the offense down? This D isn't championship caliber. Anyone remember watching SB 48 & 50 when the top offense and top defense went head to head?

I've also been a fan for many years. Call me a bad fan. Don't care. The point is I want to see this franchise win when it counts most.

Jesus Christ Denver has a great defense and they brought the heat all night long. He can only play against who is on the schedule and lookey there we face another team with a great defense.

Everybody knows Chiefs have shitty defense you are not saying anything in-lightning. Last night counted most as a devision rival game on MNF now onto the next task a heavy weight team that will be another in your face defense let's worry about them now and enjoy the games and the ride as it comes and not get worked up about week 10 that isn't here yet.

I don't think you are a bad fan probably a great fan i don't know you so please keep posting it's going be a fun ride but please relax. Mahomes got's this.

BleedingRed
10-02-2018, 03:49 PM
I said 13-3

Pat Mahomes
4600 yards
38 TDs
12 Ints I believe

ModSocks
10-02-2018, 04:08 PM

You are a goddamn moron.

Thanks for your input though.

Chiefer8989
10-02-2018, 04:09 PM
You are a goddamn moron.

Thanks for your input though.

How am I a moron? Because you don't like what I say?

dlphg9
10-02-2018, 04:21 PM

Because what you say is something a moron would say and if this is your first account on here, doubt it, we have very little evidence to go off of and it all points to you being a moron.

FAX
10-02-2018, 04:47 PM

Hmmm ... this response may indicate a slight degree of non-moronity.

But I wouldn't say you're out of the woods just yet.

FAX

Easy 6
10-02-2018, 04:54 PM

Isnt it such a new, exhilarating feeling to have?

The feeling that we dont give a damn about the next opponent, because we have a once every 20 year QB

Pittsburgh on the road :eek:

Mile High and that defense will be krazy :eek:

Yet here we are, shitting in high cotton at 4-0

But nowadays?

Jacksonville, New England?... those guys are f*gs!

Chief Roundup
10-02-2018, 05:10 PM
This is definitely the hardest 4 team stretch of the season. This may also be the most important 1/4 of the season since all 4 teams are AFC with all possibly having playoff implications within our conference.
The Jaguars have a top defense that could frustrate our Offense. Their offense might be missing Fournette. Their passing game depends on which Bortles shows up.
The Patriots are not looking like the Patriots of old, but they still have Brady and Belichick so it is hard to imagine this being an easy game, especially with it being on the road.
These Bengals haven't looked like the Bungles of old. They look pretty good.
The Donkos will be looking for payback. I doubt they get it though.
I picked 3-1 through this stretch, although it could be 2-2.

Pablo
10-02-2018, 05:16 PM
I think we lose to the Bengals after a couple of big wins; and then come back and absolutely thrash the Broncos the next week. Like a 56-17 drubbing.

Bump
10-02-2018, 05:29 PM
I didn't expect Mahomes to be the clear front runner for MVP after 4 games, still a long long way to go for that, but no I didn't see us being 4-0. But Mahomes is just that good. We'd probably be 0-4 if we didn't draft him and still had Alex.

Pitt Gorilla
10-03-2018, 02:12 PM
Jesus Christ Denver has a great defense and they brought the heat all night long. He can only play against who is on the schedule and lookey there we face another team with a great defense.

Everybody knows Chiefs have shitty defense you are not saying anything in-lightning. Last night counted most as a devision rival game on MNF now onto the next task a heavy weight team that will be another in your face defense let's worry about them now and enjoy the games and the ride as it comes and not get worked up about week 10 that isn't here yet.

I don't think you are a bad fan probably a great fan i don't know you so please keep posting it's going be a fun ride but please relax. Mahomes got's this.Expect a negative rep from stevie ray for your post.

WhawhaWhat
10-03-2018, 02:16 PM
I think the Jags will be the team that challenges them the most. I voted 3-1 but could see the Chiefs going 4-0 so...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJz_BqoUIAAOgEQ.jpg:large

Imon Yourside
10-03-2018, 02:20 PM
3-1 with a most probable loss being at New England. Beat the fighting 40 year olds and we're 4-0.

Imon Yourside
10-03-2018, 02:22 PM
From a preseason standpoint, it really seems like our schedule was tailor made to **** us.

Week 1 on the road against the division favorite.
Week 2 on the road against Pittsburgh, where we always lose.
Week 3 at home against last year's late season darling Garappolo
Week 4 on the road against Denver
Week 5 at home against AFCCG loser Jacksonville
Week 6 on the road against AFC Champion New England

Four tough road games, and no gimmes. I'd say we were intended to start 1-5 at best.

Oops.

I've been hearing all year how we had the easiest schedule of anyone, sorry it's the exact opposite.

ChiefsCountry
10-03-2018, 02:24 PM
13-3 is my prediction on the year.

New England, Rams, and a WTF game TBD.

Naptown Chief
10-03-2018, 02:28 PM
I've been hearing all year how we had the easiest schedule of anyone, sorry it's the exact opposite.

In the off-season they said it was one of the hardest. Since Pat is doing as well as he is that no longer fits their narrative. No Bosa, No Le'veon, haven't faced a real D, etc. If we win the next 3 games (Jags, Pats, Bengals) and they still spout that shit, well.. They can go fuck themselves with a broken beer bottle.

In fact, they can do that anyway.

lcarus
10-03-2018, 02:31 PM

I agree with that sentiment. Penalties, missing easy tackles, missing assignments that leave receivers wide open. Those are the only things that can really beat us.

As bad as our defense is, if they can just get their assignments down and make the majority of the tackles they're in position to make, they'll be good enough for us to win. But I guess those things are why they aren't a good defense lol.

Red Dawg
10-03-2018, 02:34 PM
I was hoping 3-3 after 6 but Showtime has been better than we thought he would be. Defense is so bad at tackling it's much than I thought. They can't tackle worth a shit. Wussies at LB and in the secondary.