PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Reem.......Trucking & Crushing fools!

T-post Tom
10-02-2018, 01:56 PM
https://i.imgur.com/tnltSAY.jpg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kareem Hunt was 🔥🔥🔥tonight.<br><br>See the action at Arrowhead on Sunday. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/JAXvsKC?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#JAXvsKC</a> Tickets 🎟 <a href="https://t.co/zwYFzdTlyG">https://t.co/zwYFzdTlyG</a> <a href="https://t.co/OvPHiduN41">pic.twitter.com/OvPHiduN41</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1046975796450156544?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 2, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

CaliforniaChief
10-02-2018, 01:58 PM
Mahomes got all the attention for obvious reasons. He was amazing. But Kareem Hunt made it happen, man. He runs with power and control. The way he can stay in bounds and make more yards is great...and I don't know who #31 on the Broncos is, but he may still be rolling backwards.

oldman
10-02-2018, 01:58 PM
Run to the right, Kareem. LDTMD and Schwartz have a freeway for you. The left side, not so much.

Simply Red
10-02-2018, 02:00 PM
http://i68.tinypic.com/im30b9.jpg

T-post Tom
10-02-2018, 02:05 PM
Mahomes got all the attention for obvious reasons. He was amazing. But Kareem Hunt made it happen, man. He runs with power and control. The way he can stay in bounds and make more yards is great...and I don't know who #31 on the Broncos is, but he may still be rolling backwards.

Yep. 31 wasn't rolling backwards alone. A few other donks were headed in the same direction. :) Hunt's got a little T-Rich in him. Luv it!

WhiteWhale
10-02-2018, 02:05 PM
Dude puts up 175 yards from scrimmage and he's an afterthought.

T-post Tom
10-02-2018, 02:11 PM
Dude puts up 175 yards from scrimmage and he's an afterthought.

Not at CP! :thumb:

Pitt Gorilla
10-02-2018, 02:15 PM
I will admit that I was pretty disappointed that Hunt's postgame interview centered on how great Mahomes was. The guy didn't even acknowledge that Hunt was a badass all night that made the offense happen. I love Mahomes, but Kareem deserved accolades as well, especially to his face.

FAX
10-02-2018, 02:19 PM
LOL

I think our o-line prefers run blocking to pass-pro. Hunt played tough and strong. One his most impressive runs was that 7/8 yarder on 1st down (I think it was 1st). That was a hard, damn run right into the teeth of their vaunted defense.

Wally said that Hunt told his o-line that he was going to give it everything he had and asked them to do the same. I think they did. (Kelce also had a couple of nice blocks.)

I have to believe that Hunt and the run game helped us when it came to the 4th quarter because the donk defense was getting a little tired and off-balance.

Good on Hunt. Good on the o-line. And good on Wally and EB for mixing it up.

FAX

MahiMike
10-02-2018, 02:39 PM
I love Hunt but I have to say this offense cranks out the points when Pat is winging it. I was glad in the final minutes to see the offense throw more than it ran.

T-post Tom
10-02-2018, 02:44 PM
I haven't seen that many donk3ys get defiled in one place since my last visit to Tijuana.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/05/03/16/33C2BFB900000578-3571066-Tug_of_war_As_two_men_pull_a_drunk_donkey_by_just_its_fur_anothe-a-2_1462291033068.jpg

WhiteWhale
10-02-2018, 04:58 PM
I love Hunt but I have to say this offense cranks out the points when Pat is winging it. I was glad in the final minutes to see the offense throw more than it ran.

At one point Hunt had 110 yards on like 16 carries and the passing offense had 151 yards on 29 attempts.

50 of which also came from Hunt.

srvy
10-02-2018, 05:36 PM

Some J ass on ESPN sports reporter which I though was long gone was bitching about Hunt. This J ass homer was saying Hunt was lowering his head that the league says was going to be a point of interest this year as offensive leading with head. If they ever try to enforce that this game is done.

Deberg_1990
10-02-2018, 05:44 PM
Why wasn’t Hunt flagged when he lowered his helmet?

Hammock Parties
10-02-2018, 05:49 PM
If the OL was 15% better at run blocking he would be putting up Terrell Davis numbers.

stevieray
10-02-2018, 05:56 PM

dude put up 170 plus all purpose yards.

that last rushing TD? with authority!

He's a big part of our success.

He's gonna pound people in the fourth qtr. He's just too strong.

Rain Man
10-02-2018, 07:21 PM

We all love Patrick Mahomes II, but I could make a legitimate argument that Kareem Hunt was the player of the game last night. He was an unstoppable force last night.

Of course, the truth is that they make each other better. You can't sell out to stop one or the other one will destroy. I love it.

wazu
10-02-2018, 07:30 PM

Wondered the same thing. If they don't call it on that play, it appears they really don't intend on calling it much at all.

Dayze
10-02-2018, 07:32 PM
http://i68.tinypic.com/im30b9.jpg

LMAO

JakeF
10-02-2018, 08:52 PM
Hunt needs to be more careful about delivering a blow with his helmet. If the league notices he'll start getting flagged for it.

FAX
10-02-2018, 09:00 PM
dude put up 170 plus all purpose yards.

that last rushing TD? with authority!

He's a big part of our success.

He's gonna pound people in the fourth qtr. He's just too strong.

According to BJ, 93 of his rushing yards Monday night were AFTER contact.

That is studly.

FAX

Marcellus
10-02-2018, 09:01 PM

He didn't hit the guy in the head, Jesus man did you watch the game?

Deberg_1990
10-02-2018, 09:25 PM

True. But the rule states you can’t lower your head to strike anywhere.

It’s the NFL being selective again.

The Rule: As approved by NFL clubs in March, it is a foul if a player lowers his head to initiate and make contact with his helmet against an opponent. Contact does not have to be to an opponent's head or neck area — lowering the head and initiating contact to an opponent's torso, hips, and lower body, is also a foul. Violations of the rule will be easier to see and officiate when they occur in open space — as opposed to close line play — but this rule applies anywhere on the field at any time.​
Penalties for Violation: Loss of 15 yards. If the foul is by the defense, it is also an automatic first down. The player may also be ejected. Ejection standards:

►Player lowers his helmet to establish a linear body posture prior to initiating and making contact with the helmet
►Unobstructed path to his opponent
►Contact clearly avoidable and player delivering the blow had other options"

Baby Lee
10-03-2018, 03:07 AM
Hunt needs to be more careful about delivering a blow with his helmet. If the league notices he'll start getting flagged for it.

Yeah, I was going to point out that Deadspin was trying to turn this into an issue. They posted an article saying 'if this doesn't violate the rule, what does?' Commentors point out that, although he lowered his helmet, he struck the opponent's shoulder.

In a rare bit of journalistic restraint, it does not appear that the article is posted there any more.

I dunno. I don't support the rule. And as Deberg pointed out, the new rule doesn't limit WHERE you aim your head as a projectile. The purpose was to protect the runner from himself.

I'm conflicted because I don't support the rule and I applaud Hunt's effort. But the rule exists, and he's pushing the edge.

ChiefsFanatic
10-03-2018, 04:24 AM
True. But the rule states you can’t lower your head to strike anywhere.

It’s the NFL being selective again.

The Rule: As approved by NFL clubs in March, it is a foul if a player lowers his head to initiate and make contact with his helmet against an opponent. Contact does not have to be to an opponent's head or neck area — lowering the head and initiating contact to an opponent's torso, hips, and lower body, is also a foul. Violations of the rule will be easier to see and officiate when they occur in open space — as opposed to close line play — but this rule applies anywhere on the field at any time.​
Penalties for Violation: Loss of 15 yards. If the foul is by the defense, it is also an automatic first down. The player may also be ejected. Ejection standards:

►Player lowers his helmet to establish a linear body posture prior to initiating and making contact with the helmet
►Unobstructed path to his opponent
►Contact clearly avoidable and player delivering the blow had other options"

For the tl;dr crowd please scroll down to the bottom of this reply. Thank you.

To me, the literal purpose of offense is to advance the ball up the field with the goal of crossing the goal line. So where the rule states "lowering the head and initiating contact to an opponent's torso, hips, and lower body, is also a foul" cannot really be applied to runners possessing the football.

I know announcers like to say running backs lower their head to deliver punishment to the tacklers, but I think what the runners are doing is bracing themselves for impact created and initiated by the tackler, all in an attempt to avoid being tackled, which is also the purpose and goal of the offense, while also protecting their bodies.

And if the tackler takes as much of the impact as the runner, or more of the impact, it's just a byproduct of the collision, which again is initiated by the tackler.

When a tackler lowers his head in anticipation of impacting the runner, and leads with his helmet in an attempt to tackle that runner, not only is he using improper techniques, but he has effectively turned his helmet into a weapon.

But when a runner lowers his shoulder level, and thereby his head as well, in order to brace for impact, all in an attempt to not be tackled, he is doing what he is supposed to do.

The goal of the rule is to increase player safety, but if runners did not lower their pad level, instead staying upright to avoid having their helmet impact the tackler, they would be exposing a higher percentage of their body to possible injury, and staying upright would reduce the resistance applied to the force of the collision, and this would increase the risk of injury to the runner.

I do believe that this is a good rule when applied to the defensive player attempting to make a tackle, because it forces the player to use proper technique. I have seen way more defensive players severely injured when leading with the helmet to make a tackle, than I have seen ball carriers injured because the tackler led with his helmet.

How does an official differentiate between a runner bracing for impact, attempting to break a tackle to gain more yardage, and a runner lowering his head to initiate contact with his helmet?

tl;dr = The rule states "it is a foul if a player lowers his head to initiate and make contact with his helmet against an opponent..........lowering the head and initiating contact to an opponent's torso, hips, and lower body, is also a foul." The most important word in the way this is written is INITIATE/INITIATING.

The player attempting to make a tackle is the player initiating the contact 100% of the time. A player running with the football has a goal of crossing the goal line to score. This is best accomplished by avoiding contact. But the goal of the tackler is to tackle the runner preventing him from scoring, and that goal cannot be accomplished without creating contact between himself and the runner.

So, in my mind, this rule simply cannot apply to a player running with the ball.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

-King-
10-03-2018, 04:37 AM
For the tl;dr crowd please scroll down to the bottom of this reply. Thank you.

To me, the literal purpose of offense is to advance the ball up the field with the goal of crossing the goal line. So where the rule states "lowering the head and initiating contact to an opponent's torso, hips, and lower body, is also a foul" cannot really be applied to runners possessing the football.

I know announcers like to say running backs lower their head to deliver punishment to the tacklers, but I think what the runners are doing is bracing themselves for impact created and initiated by the tackler, all in an attempt to avoid being tackled, which is also the purpose and goal of the offense, while also protecting their bodies.

And if the tackler takes as much of the impact as the runner, or more of the impact, it's just a byproduct of the collision, which again is initiated by the tackler.

When a tackler lowers his head in anticipation of impacting the runner, and leads with his helmet in an attempt to tackle that runner, not only is he using improper techniques, but he has effectively turned his helmet into a weapon.

But when a runner lowers his shoulder level, and thereby his head as well, in order to brace for impact, all in an attempt to not be tackled, he is doing what he is supposed to do.

The goal of the rule is to increase player safety, but if runners did not lower their pad level, instead staying upright to avoid having their helmet impact the tackler, they would be exposing a higher percentage of their body to possible injury, and staying upright would reduce the resistance applied to the force of the collision, and this would increase the risk of injury to the runner.

I do believe that this is a good rule when applied to the defensive player attempting to make a tackle, because it forces the player to use proper technique. I have seen way more defensive players severely injured when leading with the helmet to make a tackle, than I have seen ball carriers injured because the tackler led with his helmet.

How does an official differentiate between a runner bracing for impact, attempting to break a tackle to gain more yardage, and a runner lowering his head to initiate contact with his helmet?

tl;dr = The rule states "it is a foul if a player lowers his head to initiate and make contact with his helmet against an opponent..........lowering the head and initiating contact to an opponent's torso, hips, and lower body, is also a foul." The most important word in the way this is written is INITIATE/INITIATING.

The player attempting to make a tackle is the player initiating the contact 100% of the time. A player running with the football has a goal of crossing the goal line to score. This is best accomplished by avoiding contact. But the goal of the tackler is to tackle the runner preventing him from scoring, and that goal cannot be accomplished without creating contact between himself and the runner.

So, in my mind, this rule simply cannot apply to a player running with the ball.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Be honest, Hunt initiates contact way more than he tries to avoid it. I remember game 1 talking to my uncle about it and how Hunt probably won't last long with his playstyle and literally on his next run, instead of going out of bounds when he had nowhere to run, he lowered his shoulder to hit a DB for no reason at all. He gained 0 more yards from it and did it just to do it.
Posted via Mobile Device

R Clark
10-03-2018, 07:56 AM
Be honest, Hunt initiates contact way more than he tries to avoid it. I remember game 1 talking to my uncle about it and how Hunt probably won't last long with his playstyle and literally on his next run, instead of going out of bounds when he had nowhere to run, he lowered his shoulder to hit a DB for no reason at all. He gained 0 more yards from it and did it just to do it.
Posted via Mobile Device

What a dumbass

R Clark
10-03-2018, 07:57 AM
So is your uncle