PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports ***Official 2018-19 NHL Season Thread***

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Rams Fan
06-03-2019, 01:43 PM
And? That makes it even worse...

Again, not justifying it, just adding more context.

Jake Allen is the Alex Smith of goaltenders.

Alex Smith is at least able to, in a full season, take a team to the playoffs and not have to be pushed by his backup to play adequately.

Allen has to be pushed by a backup and since being in STL full time(2014-2015 to now) has only had any PO success in 1 series in 2017.

In 2015, Allen outplayed Elliott near the end of the season and the performed average/slightly below average in the POs.

In 2016, Elliott played out of his mind from January through the POs, leaving no room for Allen to really play.

In 2017, Allen played well when Brodeur acted as goalie coach and played really well vs Minnesota in the first round as well as being fine vs Nashville.

In 2018, Allen's BS led to the team missing the POs while he was outplayed by Hutton.

DJ's left nut
06-03-2019, 01:44 PM
Jake Allen is the Alex Smith of goaltenders.

Brian Elliott was the Alex Smith of goaltenders.

Jake Allen is more akin to Matt Cassel.

Rams Fan
06-03-2019, 01:59 PM
Brian Elliott was the Alex Smith of goaltenders.

Jake Allen is more akin to Matt Cassel.

I was going to say Blake Bortles.

Discuss Thrower
06-03-2019, 01:59 PM
I guess I'm just memeing on the amount of undying white knighting Allen got from the Blues' faithful this year and thus likening him to Smith mostly in that regard.

They also look alike in the face.

DJ's left nut
06-03-2019, 02:05 PM
I was going to say Blake Bortles.

That's probably fair.

Allen had more pedigree and brief moments of spectacular success that Cassel couldn't point to. For brief spells Allen looked like a potential superstar who just needed to find some consistency.

And then when the Jags tossed him the keys and committed resources long-term to him, he was exposed as a hack and the biggest weakness on an otherwise contending team.

Yeah, Bortles is a pretty apt comparison.

Megatron96
06-03-2019, 02:09 PM
The line up for tonight's game for the Blues has Binnington as goalie.

Rams Fan
06-03-2019, 02:22 PM
I guess I'm just memeing on the amount of undying white knighting Allen got from the Blues' faithful this year and thus likening him to Smith mostly in that regard.

They also look alike in the face.

I don't think you can really evaluate Allen's play in October and November due to how bad the team was defensively.

Now, with that being said, Armstrong deserves all the criticism for white knighting Allen as the chosen one over Halak, Elliott, Bishop, Hutton, Binnington, etc.

Discuss Thrower
06-03-2019, 02:34 PM
I don't think you can really evaluate Allen's play in October and November due to how bad the team was defensively.

Now, with that being said, Armstrong deserves all the criticism for white knighting Allen as the chosen one over Halak, Elliott, Bishop, Hutton, Binnington, etc.

I mean there people in the brain trust of the "Blues Lounge" FB users who were calling for Allen to start games in the semifinals and finals.

DeepPurple
06-03-2019, 03:18 PM
I watched every Lightning game since the beginning of 2019, and even though Andrei Vasilevskiy was 39-10-4, there were times he looked awful. The sweep by the Columbus Bluejackets he looked just like Binnington, no confidence and the crowd in Columbus was loud. I believe Vasi lost to Boston twice and the Blues once or maybe twice in that stretch. A couple of those wins the Lightning were down 3 goals and they came back.

Louie Dominque his backup was 21-5, not bad. He had a winning streak of 11 in row until he lost late February. If he hadn't been injured, I'm sure Coach Cooper would of started him in the playoffs when they were down 0-3.

Sometimes drastic times require drastic measures. Just like pitchers, some teams can have a goalies number and Binnington doesn't look confident. He's missing too many through the 5-hole. I would think the coach has him on a short leash in tonight's game. As far as the future, Binny is a rookie, he'll get over it a lot quicker if the team wins, with or without him in net.

Shoes
06-03-2019, 03:23 PM
Dance with the girl that brought you there- Binnington will bounce back, kid is unflappable.......... unless he gets torched tonight then he is very flappable and I'll change my opinion- but game 3 you start Binny.

DJ's left nut
06-03-2019, 03:39 PM
I agree that you probably just ride him out; Allen's not winning you anything.

I also agree that the 5-hole shit is REAL problematic. It has to be mechanics because it's not something we've seen from him at all. He's just way out of rhythm and he's opening that spot up for no good reason.

CaliforniaChief
06-03-2019, 03:45 PM
I know Mahomes and Kelce love going to games together, but I wouldn't be shocked if the Chiefs suggested it.

How brilliant to endear the fans of St. Louis to the Chiefs by having the face of the Chiefs wearing a Blues jersey, chugging on the cam, and waving the towel?

Discuss Thrower
06-03-2019, 03:51 PM
I know Mahomes and Kelce love going to games together, but I wouldn't be shocked if the Chiefs suggested it.

How brilliant to endear the fans of St. Louis to the Chiefs by having the face of the Chiefs wearing a Blues jersey, chugging on the cam, and waving the towel?

It wouldn't be the Chiefs pushing that. The companies who have paid them for endorsements would be the more logical reason why we're seeing them out and about at sporting events -especially considering that MLB/NBA/NHL are all indirect competitors to the Chiefs.

Simpler explanation is both of them are just bros who have the capital to bandy about with their ladyfriends to high profile sporting events when they have the time to go.

CaliforniaChief
06-03-2019, 03:54 PM
It probably was just them on their own, but the Chiefs aren't competing with the Blues for attention...they're competing in a recently vacated metropolitan area with the Bears for fans looking for a new team.

Discuss Thrower
06-03-2019, 06:24 PM
That better not be the last time Glenn performs the anthem.

Discuss Thrower
06-03-2019, 06:25 PM
GOOD.

GloryDayz
06-03-2019, 06:28 PM
I know we scored first, but I'm not sure I'm up for watching another beat-down because the Blues PP is an utter joke.

Discuss Thrower
06-03-2019, 06:34 PM
Linesman interferes with the play in the offensive zone.

Imagine that.

Discuss Thrower
06-03-2019, 06:36 PM
... nice pass, Perron.

GloryDayz
06-03-2019, 07:31 PM
Ouch. That fucking hurts...

Discuss Thrower
06-03-2019, 07:31 PM
Bloody mess.

mlyonsd
06-03-2019, 07:32 PM
Ouch. That ****ing hurts...
Yeah no shit. Bleeding pretty good. That's going to smart if he eats a pretzel after the game.

Discuss Thrower
06-03-2019, 07:35 PM
Bruins fans apoplectic that St. Louis is the first to go on the PP.

chiefzilla1501
06-03-2019, 07:38 PM
With Chara out, all those dirty Bruins players may need to keep their head on a swivel.

GloryDayz
06-03-2019, 07:41 PM
Bruins fans apoplectic that St. Louis is the first to go on the PP.

Honestly, I'm not sure why the Bruins are afraid of doing things that would put them in the box, the Blues PP is as bad as you'll find in the NHL.

GloryDayz
06-03-2019, 07:42 PM
Welp. here we go.. Fuck!

GloryDayz
06-03-2019, 07:48 PM
THAT WAS ENTERTAINING!!!

mlyonsd
06-03-2019, 07:48 PM
That was some exciting hockey for about 4 minutes. Emrick is such a great play by play guy. None better in any sport.

MMXcalibur
06-03-2019, 07:49 PM
Blues were absolutely dominating, yet have nothing to show for it.

MMXcalibur
06-03-2019, 07:51 PM
Fuck, the Blues just need to start declining penalties at this point.

GloryDayz
That's how bad the Blues PP is. It's totally pathetic... Wow, just wow..

Discuss Thrower
O'Reilly fucked that up. Holy christ.

GloryDayz
06-03-2019, 07:52 PM
I swear to God, that's just pathetic. Jesus fucking Christ...

GloryDayz
06-03-2019, 07:53 PM
How can a team in the finals be this bad in both aspects of the PP game? I mean seriously, wow!

GloryDayz
06-03-2019, 07:55 PM
And here they go again, fucking playing catch while the seconds of the PP burn away. You'd really think these guys would get it. SHOOT THE FUCKING PUCK!

Dinny Bossa Nova
06-03-2019, 07:59 PM
SHOOT DA PUCK!!!!already.

Dinny

MMXcalibur
06-03-2019, 08:01 PM
WTF is a superfan?

Superfan = be a fan + be a celebrity?

CaliforniaChief
06-03-2019, 08:17 PM
Fuck, the Blues just need to start declining penalties at this point.

LMAO Can you even imagine?

mlyonsd
06-03-2019, 08:19 PM
Gut check time.

Discuss Thrower
06-03-2019, 08:20 PM
Chara coming out looking like one of the host techs from Westworld.

GloryDayz
06-03-2019, 08:22 PM
Chara coming out looking like one of the host techs from Westworld.

Meh, they all wore them growing up, it's not half the issue they're droning on about. But I'm shocked he's not in a cage..

GloryDayz
06-03-2019, 08:24 PM
Oh shit, PP time is never good for our Blues. They don't get the whole SHOOT THE FUCKING PUCK thing...

mlyonsd
06-03-2019, 08:25 PM
I wish someone would take a full swing at marchand's smug little face.

Discuss Thrower
06-03-2019, 08:25 PM
Bruins are nigh perfect on the PK

GloryDayz
06-03-2019, 08:26 PM
Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, fears the Blues PP... They've made Rask look like a great goalie...

GloryDayz
06-03-2019, 08:30 PM
Welp, here we go... :rolleyes:

CaliforniaChief
06-03-2019, 08:35 PM
Nice job killing that PP and nice hit by Krejcki or whatever his name is.

C'MON BLUES

CaliforniaChief
06-03-2019, 08:36 PM
Schwartz...wow!

mlyonsd
06-03-2019, 08:37 PM
There you go!

CaliforniaChief
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
Great rebound O Reilly!!

CaliforniaChief
06-03-2019, 08:38 PM
Let's finish this thing.

CaliforniaChief
06-03-2019, 08:39 PM
Too bad they couldn't cash that 2 on 1. Keep pushing.

CaliforniaChief
06-03-2019, 08:42 PM
Blues are winning every battle to the puck right now. Effort is strong.

Discuss Thrower
06-03-2019, 08:43 PM
Blues have to score in the next three minutes. Absolutely have to.

MarkDavis'Haircut
06-03-2019, 08:47 PM
Hold on, Blues.

Discuss Thrower
06-03-2019, 08:49 PM
fucking Col-ton Torpedo right at Rask

CaliforniaChief
06-03-2019, 08:50 PM
Watching this game makes me realize how much I really hate Boston. I'm nervous!

Discuss Thrower
06-03-2019, 08:52 PM
YES

mlyonsd
06-03-2019, 08:52 PM
BAM.

fuck boston.

GloryDayz
06-03-2019, 08:53 PM
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Otter
06-03-2019, 08:53 PM
w00t! </br></br> Series tied up.

CaliforniaChief
06-03-2019, 08:54 PM
Beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful.

Jerm
06-03-2019, 08:55 PM
I wish someone would run that little cunt Krug...

CaliforniaChief
06-03-2019, 08:58 PM
A well-deserved win. Congrats, Blues fans. Gotta find one more win on the road and hold home ice.

MarkDavis'Haircut
06-03-2019, 08:58 PM
Finish the job, boys.

Tired of Boston teams.

ChiefsCountry
06-03-2019, 08:59 PM
Play Gloria.

DaFace
06-03-2019, 09:02 PM
3 game series.

Discuss Thrower
06-03-2019, 09:03 PM
WAS IT SOMETHING THAT THEY SAID
ALL THE VOICES IN YOUR HEAD?
CALLING GLORIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAA

Pasta Little Brioni
06-03-2019, 10:05 PM
What? They aren't some super team.

Don't give them a million cheap power plays and...

Pasta Little Brioni
06-03-2019, 10:11 PM
Gloria....Dayz

Matrix
06-04-2019, 03:14 PM
Nice to see Mahomes and Kelce at Kiel/Savvis/Scottrade/Enterprise Center.

It's a shame STL and KC can't get along.

Discuss Thrower
06-04-2019, 03:17 PM
Nice to see Mahomes and Kelce at Kiel/Savvis/Scottrade/Enterprise Center.

It's a shame STL and KC can't get along.

Meh. It's not so much KC vs STL but STL vs "out state" Missouri.

Third Eye
06-04-2019, 03:24 PM
Meh. It's not so much KC vs STL but STL vs "out state" Missouri.

As someone who’s lived in KC for 23 and St. Louis for 17, I completely disagree with this. KC, for whatever reason, has always had the little brother syndrome. It’s fucking stupid and makes no sense. It’s even more ridiculous when you factor in the fact that KC is an ascending city and St. Louis is a descending one, but many locals here still suffer from some inherent inferiority complex and have to overcompensate.

GloryDayz
06-04-2019, 03:32 PM
As someone who’s lived in KC for 23 and St. Louis for 17, I completely disagree with this. KC, for whatever reason, has always had the little brother syndrome. It’s fucking stupid and makes no sense. It’s even more ridiculous when you factor in the fact that KC is an ascending city and St. Louis is a descending one, but many locals here still suffer from some inherent inferiority complex and have to overcompensate.

Jefferson City is a deep part of the problem, they seem to take care of STL first. Change that and a lot of other things change.

Third Eye
06-04-2019, 03:37 PM
Jefferson City is a deep part of the problem, they seem to take care of STL first. Change that and a lot of other things change.

Yeah, with KC having a good chunk of their population on the KS side, it’s going to take a long while for that to level out.

Matrix
06-04-2019, 03:58 PM
Yeah, with KC having a good chunk of their population on the KS side, it’s going to take a long while for that to level out.

Yep. Damn Beakers.

Matrix
06-04-2019, 04:00 PM
As someone who’s lived in KC for 23 and St. Louis for 17, I completely disagree with this. KC, for whatever reason, has always had the little brother syndrome. It’s ****ing stupid and makes no sense. It’s even more ridiculous when you factor in the fact that KC is an ascending city and St. Louis is a descending one, but many locals here still suffer from some inherent inferiority complex and have to overcompensate.

It'll never change, although I think STL is slowly making a comeback towards respectability.

DJ's left nut
06-04-2019, 04:02 PM

I haven't worked in the STL area nearly as much over the last several years, but I used to spend several days a month down there and yeah, this is a KC thing.

Just as the Chicago/STL rivalry is an STL thing. And for the same reasons.

Why KC worries about STL is just beyond me. You're absolutely right - KC is BETTER than STL virtually across the board at this point. Yet they still act like the picked on little brother that was routinely dismissed. Fellas - the tables have turned in a big way since 1995 or so (when STL was absolutely better than KC); civic development in the Kansas City area has been exceptional while STL still can't settle their city/county squabbles from a century ago.

Y'all have lapped 'em. It's time to let this shit go.

GloryDayz
06-04-2019, 04:03 PM
Yeah, with KC having a good chunk of their population on the KS side, it’s going to take a long while for that to level out.Yyyyyyyyyyyup.

DJ's left nut
06-04-2019, 04:04 PM

You think the vast majority of the 'FUCK SAINT LOUIS!!!!' crowd knows thing 1 about state politics?

C'mon - you're giving people far too much credit. For a very small subset there may be something to that, but the vast majority of people who still engage in this rivalry couldn't tell you who the damn governor is, let alone how policy decisions impact the respective major metro areas.

OnTheWarpath15
06-04-2019, 04:09 PM
About to place a $1200 bet on the Blues to win Game 5.

Well, basically.

Was given the green light by Mrs. OTW to go to Game 6. If I wait until they win Thursday night, the ticket might cost $2k. Or, if I wait and they lose - I save $1200.

Or, I buy now and if they win G5 I'm in the door at the cheapest price to see a potential Cup Skate...

DaFace
06-04-2019, 04:10 PM
I haven't worked in the STL area nearly as much over the last several years, but I used to spend several days a month down there and yeah, this is a KC thing.

Why KC worries about STL is just beyond me. You're absolutely right - KC is BETTER than STL virtually across the board at this point. Yet they still act like the picked on little brother that was routinely dismissed. Fellas - the tables have turned in a big way since 1995 or so (when STL was absolutely better than KC); civic development in the Kansas City area has been exceptional while STL still can't settle their city/county squabbles from a century ago.

With no offense intended to the KC folks, the mentality seems to be present in general to me beyond any rivalry with St Louis. Granted, I'm mainly going off of CP posts, so that may be skewed dramatically, but people really have an inferiority complex when it comes to perceptions of KC among outsiders.

Discuss Thrower
06-04-2019, 04:20 PM
With no offense intended to the KC folks, the mentality seems to be present in general to me beyond any rivalry with St Louis. Granted, I'm mainly going off of CP posts, so that may be skewed dramatically, but people really have an inferiority complex when it comes to perceptions of KC among outsiders.

I've met Bostonians who hadn't the faintest fucking clue people actually live between the Atlantic and Pacific coasts.

GloryDayz
06-04-2019, 04:32 PM
You think the vast majority of the 'FUCK SAINT LOUIS!!!!' crowd knows thing 1 about state politics?

C'mon - you're giving people far too much credit. For a very small subset there may be something to that, but the vast majority of people who still engage in this rivalry couldn't tell you who the damn governor is, let alone how policy decisions impact the respective major metro areas.

I think more people get it than you think. Last time the MO side of KC needed some approval from JeffCity to help retain some business from moving to the KS side, approval STL would have easily got (gotta save STL from Illinois' grand city of East St. Louis... LMAO), they didn't get the help.

I think people remember that. Maybe not...

GloryDayz
06-04-2019, 04:44 PM

Meh, none taken.

Don't get me wrong, St. Louis has some nice parts, very nice, but they have a lot of very much worse parts. The west 'burbs of St. Louis are like being in Jonson County, KS, it's kind of upscale. If you lived here you'd probably understand that St. Louis, within the state, "get the calls" - kind of like the Patriots do.

The good news is that it might be changing. The MO side of KC might have some leverage to help speed that up (might...), but right now it's not just imagination that St. Louis is the favored child.

Now that my son's out of college and took a job with a firm in St. Louis (so he could have a somewhat quick commute back to see the SO who's still in school), he lives on the west side of St. Louis now (Manchester), and he's pretty happy, so that's good..

Matrix
06-04-2019, 05:20 PM
Well done, KC.

https://twitter.com/fangsbites/status/1135946406487908353

KC_Connection
06-04-2019, 07:52 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A Boston sports team losing just makes your day better. Like a giant shit you take when you get home from work, or a nice sloppy blowjob.</p>&mdash; Barry McCockiner (@SportsTalkBarry) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsTalkBarry/status/1135741871093948417?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 4, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rams Fan
06-04-2019, 08:04 PM

This is an inaccurate statement.

Downtown St. Louis has really developed in the past 10 years or so. Not at the pace of the suburbs, but it has developed.

The city/county divide is a big problem, but to act as if St. Louis and the area isn't developing is inaccurate.

Meh, none taken.

Don't get me wrong, St. Louis has some nice parts, very nice, but they have a lot of very much worse parts. The west 'burbs of St. Louis are like being in Jonson County, KS, it's kind of upscale. If you lived here you'd probably understand that St. Louis, within the state, "get the calls" - kind of like the Patriots do.

The good news is that it might be changing. The MO side of KC might have some leverage to help speed that up (might...), but right now it's not just imagination that St. Louis is the favored child.

Now that my son's out of college and took a job with a firm in St. Louis (so he could have a somewhat quick commute back to see the SO who's still in school), he lives on the west side of St. Louis now (Manchester), and he's pretty happy, so that's good..

Please explain. There are bad parts to the city as there are nice parts.

The Missouri side(I don't count the metro east) is really nice for the most part.

DJ's left nut
06-04-2019, 08:14 PM
This is an inaccurate statement.

Downtown St. Louis has really developed in the past 10 years or so. Not at the pace of the suburbs, but it has developed.

The city/county divide is a big problem, but to act as if St. Louis and the area isn't developing is inaccurate.

KC is far outpacing STL in downtown growth.

STL can point to ballpark village but that's been largely parasitic; a great deal many businesses are hurting pretty badly.

Rams Fan
06-04-2019, 08:15 PM
KC is far outpacing STL in downtown growth.

STL can point to ballpark village but that's been largely parasitic; a great deal many businesses are hurting pretty badly.

I was not referring to BPV. I don't like going there at all. The only thing that BPV may offer that I think could be something that doesn't hurt the city is the high rises that are being built.

I was referring to the development in Midtown and on Washington Avenue.

Union Station is also being re-developed as well.

DJ's left nut
06-04-2019, 08:27 PM
I was not referring to BPV. I don't like going there at all. The only thing that BPV may offer that I think could be something that doesn't hurt the city is the high rises that are being built.

I was referring to the development in Midtown and on Washington Avenue.

Union Station is also being re-developed as well.

I've been impressed by some of the efforts at Union Station for sure.

They're still lagging behind KC in terms of development, especially in STL proper. When the core of the city can't seem to get out of its own way, you're building on top of a 3-legged stool; it's just an awful lot to ask of the outlying areas.

If they want to hang with the big dogs (or even get back in front of KC), they need to get the City squared away and that's not gonna happen until the respective leaders swallow some pride and come together.

Rams Fan
06-04-2019, 08:32 PM
I've been impressed by some of the efforts at Union Station for sure.

They're still lagging behind KC in terms of development, especially in STL proper. When the core of the city can't seem to get out of its own way, you're building on top of a 3-legged stool; it's just an awful lot to ask of the outlying areas.

If they want to hang with the big dogs (or even get back in front of KC), they need to get the City squared away and that's not gonna happen until the respective leaders swallow some pride and come together.

Well, Rex Sinquefield almost single handedly financially backed a proposal for area voters to vote on a city-county merger, but that didn't go anywhere.

Right now, there won't be anything on the horizon as the former county executive pled guilty to 3 felonies involving corruption. The city maybe a mess, but the county is a mess as well, just a slight less of a mess.

Discuss Thrower
06-06-2019, 06:04 PM
God, NBC really is going to suck off Chara tonight aren't they?

ChiefsCountry
06-06-2019, 06:27 PM
I have no clue why on hockey I struggle with knowing the players on the other team. I know all the Blues players but I just can't ever get the other team players right. Baseball, NFL, and NBA it's like I know all the players on all the teams.

kcpasco
06-06-2019, 06:36 PM
Ugh, dumb penalty by the Blues there.

GloryDayz
06-06-2019, 06:43 PM
Fuck Boston, fuck the people of Boston, and fuck all things Boston.

GloryDayz
06-06-2019, 06:57 PM
The Blues really suck at the PP.

kcpasco
06-06-2019, 07:00 PM
The Blues really suck at the PP.

Yes. Buts it’s amazing we are 2 games away from a cup with it being that bad. LOL

GloryDayz
06-06-2019, 07:01 PM
Yes. Buts it’s amazing we are 2 games away from a cup with it being that bad. LOL

It's beyond shocking that you can suck so badly in both aspects of the PP and be in Stanley Cup...

kcpasco
06-06-2019, 07:01 PM
Beat these Boston bitches 5 on 5 and an ok PK. Having a horrible PP just makes it amusing.

kcpasco
06-06-2019, 07:03 PM
The PK hasn’t been that bad. Game 3 was just one of those games nothing went right.

GloryDayz
06-06-2019, 07:19 PM
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!!!

mlyonsd
06-06-2019, 07:20 PM
Yeah baby.

fuck boston.

GloryDayz
06-06-2019, 07:44 PM
The Blues need to pound Chara...

ChiefsCountry
06-06-2019, 07:58 PM
Blues about had a golden opportunity. Hell of a play by Boston though.

GloryDayz
06-06-2019, 08:22 PM
Blues playing with fire..

Discuss Thrower
06-06-2019, 08:25 PM
Hoooleee fuck

kcpasco
06-06-2019, 08:28 PM
3-1 penalties in favor of Boston. But Massholes still crying about penalties.

GloryDayz
06-06-2019, 08:28 PM
Coach needs to pull them aside on the TV timeout and feed them a mental Red Bull... They can't keep playing from their heels. Not with as good as the Bruins are...

Baby Lee
06-06-2019, 08:32 PM
ROFL ROFL - Oooooh-oh, livin' on a prayer!!!

Discuss Thrower
06-06-2019, 08:32 PM
welp

GloryDayz
06-06-2019, 08:33 PM
The Blues are out of luck now, they need to play offense now too..

Discuss Thrower
06-06-2019, 08:35 PM
NOOOOOOOOO

GloryDayz
06-06-2019, 08:38 PM
FUCK BOSTON!!!

Frazod
06-06-2019, 08:39 PM
Beautiful. Fuck all things Boston. 4321

Discuss Thrower
PA calls for civility: Boston responds in kind.

ChiefsCountry
Stay classy Boston cunts

kcpasco
lol massholes crying about physical hockey even though the Bruins have a 3-1 PP advantage in this game.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
06-06-2019, 08:40 PM
Haha fuck you Boston!!

MMXcalibur
That's a definite penalty, but fuck Boston.

kcpasco
How may PP’s do you want Boston. 100?

GloryDayz
06-06-2019, 08:41 PM
Wait for the makeup call....

But yeah, that was a penalty...

kcpasco
06-06-2019, 08:42 PM
Wait for the makeup call....

But yeah, that was a penalty...

Yep. It’s coming.

KC_Connection
06-06-2019, 08:42 PM
Bruins fans upset? That's a shame.

Refs will call some bogus nonsense within a minute or two.

Baby Lee
06-06-2019, 08:43 PM
Cam Neely? More like Goin'Ham Neely

ChiefsCountry
06-06-2019, 08:48 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Noel Acciari is tripped. St. Louis scores. Unbelievable.</p>&mdash; Boston Bruins (@NHLBruins) <a href="https://twitter.com/NHLBruins/status/1136824757138202624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 7, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fuck Boston

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
06-06-2019, 08:49 PM
Fuck!!

MMXcalibur
06-06-2019, 08:49 PM
There will be another makeup call to give Boston a chance to tie.

mlyonsd
06-06-2019, 08:50 PM
Shits getting real.

fuck boston.

KC_Connection
I fucking hate this shit. They'll get another call.

GloryDayz
Shit... Now the makeup call is going to be all the worse.

GloryDayz
06-06-2019, 08:52 PM
St. Louis back to playing scared.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
06-06-2019, 08:53 PM
Perron come on

GloryDayz
06-06-2019, 08:54 PM
There's your makeup no-call, VT was interfered with there...

Discuss Thrower
06-06-2019, 08:58 PM
Rather not see STL win on a no-call so I'd just as sure love to see them score even handed.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
06-06-2019, 08:59 PM
Gunnarson saving the season

Baby Lee
06-06-2019, 09:02 PM
Quite the tenses!!!

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
06-06-2019, 09:02 PM
1 more to go!!

GloryDayz
06-06-2019, 09:03 PM
Yay...

Frazod
I don't even like hockey, but EAT SHIT YOU COCKSUCKING BOSTON SCUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mlyonsd
Awesome. 2 to win 1.

Fuck boston.

MMXcalibur
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Boston.

Jerm
06-06-2019, 09:04 PM
YESSSSS!!! PLAY GLORIA!!!!

GET FUCKED BOSTON!!!!

Baby Lee
Bring a series lead home, . . . nice.

GloryDayz
Hey that useless fucking shithead asshole Boston motherfucking kid was letting the Blues know they're #1..

kcpasco
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss Thrower
06-06-2019, 09:05 PM
That no call ruined the game. Holy shit.

Frazod
06-06-2019, 09:06 PM

Did Boston lose? Yes? Then GAME. NOT. RUINED.

GloryDayz
06-06-2019, 09:07 PM

You mean the no-call when VT was taken out and interfered with?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
06-06-2019, 09:08 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Stay classy, Boston. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/STLvsBOS?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#STLvsBOS</a> <a href="https://t.co/oqhL9bxT1U">pic.twitter.com/oqhL9bxT1U</a></p>&mdash; Jake VanWormer (@JakeVanWormer) <a href="https://twitter.com/JakeVanWormer/status/1136831556616634368?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 7, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

GloryDayz
06-06-2019, 09:09 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Stay classy, Boston. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/STLvsBOS?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#STLvsBOS</a> <a href="https://t.co/oqhL9bxT1U">pic.twitter.com/oqhL9bxT1U</a></p>&mdash; Jake VanWormer (@JakeVanWormer) <a href="https://twitter.com/JakeVanWormer/status/1136831556616634368?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 7, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Boston is a dump with America's shittiest people.

Jerm
06-06-2019, 09:10 PM
Fuck Marchand....fucking dirty ass cunt.

kcpasco
06-06-2019, 09:11 PM
Boston has had an advantage on PP’s in 4 of 5. But Massholes will still cry.

kcpasco
06-06-2019, 09:32 PM
OMG the Bruins are crying about penalties. If they don’t get 60 minutes of PP time they feel like they got shafted. You can’t make this shit up.

Amnorix
06-06-2019, 09:32 PM
Boston has had an advantage on PP’s in 4 of 5. But Massholes will still cry.

Right, cuz the Blues definitely don't play an old style beat-'em'-up type of hockey. :rolleyes:

Amnorix
06-06-2019, 09:33 PM
OMG the Bruins are crying about penalties. If they don’t get 60 minutes of PP time they feel like they got shafted. You can’t make this shit up.

Right, cuz that obvious tripping no call had no effect on the game. :rolleyes:

I hate complaining about refs, and the Bruins have had their issues, especially 5 on 5, but that was a rough no-call.

kcpasco
06-06-2019, 09:35 PM

I hate complaining about refs, and the Bruins have had their issues, especially 5 on 5, but that was a rough no-call.

Blues are better 5 on 5. Don’t be a crying bitch and want a 5-4 for 60 minutes you stupid bitch.

KC_Connection
06-06-2019, 09:35 PM
Best part of the game, I think you mean. 1 more until the Bruins go down.

kcpasco
06-06-2019, 09:36 PM
Blues are better 5 on 5 but a crying Masshole wants a 5-4 game for 60 minutes.

Amnorix
06-06-2019, 09:36 PM
Blues are better 5 on 5. Don’t be a crying bitch and want a 5-4 for 60 minutes you stupid bitch.

Meh. Hockey is like my 3rd favorite sport, barely ahead of baseball, which I never watch.

Meanwhile, it was Patriots ring ceremony night, so, you know. :shrug:

THE LORD OF THE RINGS:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D8bbSrIVUAU848Y.jpg

:D

New World Order
06-06-2019, 09:38 PM
I hate St Louis but I hate Boston even more

Win it Blues

New World Order
06-06-2019, 09:39 PM
Meh. Hockey is like my 3rd favorite sport, barely ahead of baseball, which I never watch.

THE LORD OF THE RINGS:

Enjoy the Dee Ford gifted SB ring.

That's not happening this year.

kcpasco
06-06-2019, 09:40 PM

THE LORD OF THE RINGS:

Nice jab at Chiefs fans you insufferable Masshole fan.

Amnorix
06-06-2019, 09:46 PM
Enjoy the Dee Ford gifted SB ring.

That's not happening this year.

Certainly not that way. Suspect we'll see you in the AFCCG and looking forward to it!

Amnorix
06-06-2019, 09:47 PM
Nice jab at Chiefs fans you insufferable Masshole fan.

Just at you, really. :p

kcpasco
06-06-2019, 09:51 PM
Just at you, really. :p

How much 5-4 time do you want to feel like not crying?

kcpasco
06-06-2019, 10:01 PM
Bruins suck without a 1 man advantage. What a bunch of pussies.

Chief Northman
06-06-2019, 10:09 PM

THE LORD OF THE RINGS:

Handjob ceremony.

Rams Fan
06-06-2019, 10:16 PM

THE LORD OF THE RINGS:

It's still hockey season.

Bearcat
06-06-2019, 10:23 PM
I had no idea there was a "ring ceremony night" for the NFL in June.... seems weird.

Do people pay to watch that?

I mean... I soaked up all I could of the Royals' WS win, went to the parade, etc.... but, revisiting it with a ring thing 5 months later without at least getting an opening day game or something seems... odd. :shrug:

Simply Red
06-06-2019, 10:29 PM
calling a team cheaters, that's rich Boston.

OnTheWarpath15
06-06-2019, 10:34 PM
About to place a $1200 bet on the Blues to win Game 5.

Well, basically.

Was given the green light by Mrs. OTW to go to Game 6. If I wait until they win Thursday night, the ticket might cost $2k. Or, if I wait and they lose - I save $1200.

Or, I buy now and if they win G5 I'm in the door at the cheapest price to see a potential Cup Skate...

Pulled the trigger today before puck drop for $1250.

Cheapest ticket after fees is currently $2100 on Vivid Seats.

HOLY FUCK THE BLUES ARE 60 MINUTES FROM WINNING THE STANLEY CUP

Rams Fan
06-06-2019, 11:02 PM
I'm making the drive to be back in STL for Sunday.

I'll be at Wheelhouse.

Please don't pull a 1967-2018 St. Louis Blues, Blues.

Amnorix
06-07-2019, 05:57 AM
I had no idea there was a "ring ceremony night" for the NFL in June.... seems weird.

Do people pay to watch that?

I mean... I soaked up all I could of the Royals' WS win, went to the parade, etc.... but, revisiting it with a ring thing 5 months later without at least getting an opening day game or something seems... odd. :shrug:

No idea. Patriots have done it every year they've won. The problem is I think that it takes months to get all those rings designed and made. Kraft has hosted a party right around minicamp/OTAs after the draft to give them out. I have no idea what other organizations do, or what they do in other sports. I admit to never hearing about it in other sports, or other Boston teams. :shrug:

kcpasco
06-07-2019, 06:56 AM
Acciari is a crying pussy and so is his coach.

KChiefs1
06-07-2019, 07:02 AM

Patriot fan complaining about the refs. LMAO

kcpasco
06-07-2019, 07:16 AM
Blues are just a better team 5 on 5. Why are the Bruins, their fans and the media so salty about it?

I expect about 10 PP’s for massholes in game 6. I hope the PK is up for it.

GloryDayz
06-07-2019, 07:40 AM
Blues are just a better team 5 on 5. Why are the Bruins, their fans and the media so salty about it?

I expect about 10 PP’s for massholes in game 6. I hope the PK is up for it.

That's what I fear, and I'm just as concerned about their PK as anybody.

kcpasco
06-07-2019, 07:46 AM
That's what I fear, and I'm just as concerned about their PK as anybody.

Blues win the cup on a shorty. Only thing better would be a Chiefs Super Bowl win. :)

kcpasco
06-07-2019, 08:01 AM
Barbashev is getting a hearing from the league on his check. You can’t make this shit up. Bruins have notoriously been a dirty franchise but can’t stand another team punching them in the mouth.

Jerm
06-07-2019, 08:28 AM
Barbashev is getting a hearing from the league on his check. You can’t make this shit up. Bruins have notoriously been a dirty franchise but can’t stand another team punching them in the mouth.

Marchand should get one on his attempted low bridge of Tarasenko late in the 3rd but we know that won't happen....God I hate that guy.

RickObie
06-07-2019, 09:28 AM
Marchand should get one on his attempted low bridge of Tarasenko late in the 3rd but we know that won't happen....God I hate that guy.

Marchand is the dirtiest player in the NHL...that stick to the balls of Binny was pure crap!!

Discuss Thrower
06-07-2019, 09:29 AM
Barbashev might miss both games of the series as the makeup for the trip.

RickObie
06-07-2019, 09:30 AM
Acciari is a crying pussy and so is his coach.

Acciari should have been called for a dive, it was a trip by Bozak, but you can see Acciari use his right leg to push off to embellish the call...

No proof of this, but that's why I think the ref didn't call it, he saw the dive and assumed it was Acciari flopping...

kcpasco
06-07-2019, 09:52 AM
Barbie will get a game because massholes are crying. But the league doesn’t care that Tarasenko took a cheap shot to his head. Fuck Boston.

Rams Fan
06-07-2019, 05:30 PM
Is anyone else going to downtown before 3 or so Sunday?

BigRedChief
06-07-2019, 05:36 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Prices went up $500 during the game. The CHEAPEST ticket on StubHub to get into Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final in St Louis, where the Blues can win it all for the first time, is now $2,377.11!</p>&mdash; Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) <a href="https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1136832056640659458?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 7, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

GloryDayz
06-07-2019, 07:39 PM
The NHL suspends IB for game six. I'm sure the cunt-ass Boston fans will find a way to whine about how that's not fair.

LMAO at the NHL..

Jerm
06-07-2019, 08:41 PM
No penalty yet a suspension...what a joke.

...and nothing for scumbag Marchand, fuck off NHL.

Jerm
06-07-2019, 08:47 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/32we0h.gif

Yeah like I said, fuck you NHL.

Third Eye
06-07-2019, 08:59 PM
The NHL suspends IB for six games. I'm sure the cunt-ass Boston fans will find a way to whine about how that's not fair.

LMAO at the NHL..

Game 6, not 6 games.

GloryDayz
06-07-2019, 09:08 PM
Game 6, not 6 games.

Fixed.. LMAO

GloryDayz
06-07-2019, 09:11 PM

Yeah like I said, fuck you NHL.

If the Blues didn't make a big deal of it and pressure the NHL into an equal review, that's on the Blues...

Minimally they could make some kind of public suggestion about being confused and request an explanation. In asking, publicly, for an explanation, they'd get all they're going to get in terms of putting the NHL on notice for have double standards.

Anyway, the Blues just need to pound the living shit out of Marchand and Chara in the first period.

DeepPurple
06-08-2019, 09:40 AM
Congrats Blues on the Great Win!! I really like the way their hitting. On TV they said after the first period the Bruins out hit the Blues 23 -18, I don't know who was counting the hits, maybe if a Bruin player skated by a Blues player, they counted as hit. From what I saw, the Blues were smashing the Bruins all over the boards, that's the key and Binny playing better, but that's because the defense is playing better. Go get the Cup tomorrow Night!!

PS, I liked the non-call, make Boston scream, inflate gate, Belicheat, they're all cheaters in Boston.

Discuss Thrower
06-08-2019, 10:04 AM

Yeah like I said, **** you NHL.

Some of the fuckin soyboys on reddit r/hockey should spam that gif

kcpasco
06-08-2019, 10:21 AM
I would love for the Blues to have a comfortable goal lead late into the 3rd and than watch someone just beat the living shit out of Marchand.

Discuss Thrower
06-08-2019, 10:22 AM
I would love for the Blues to have a comfortable goal lead late into the 3rd and than watch someone just beat the living shit out of Marchand.

Line brawl after a Pat Maroon goal to go up 5-1 with three minutes remaining in regulation.

kcpasco
06-08-2019, 10:33 AM
Line brawl after a Pat Maroon goal to go up 5-1 with three minutes remaining in regulation.

Binnington body slams Marchand. Allen could finish up with a 4 goal lead and 3 minutes left.

kcpasco
06-08-2019, 11:36 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In case you missed Coach Bruce Cassidy’s presser last night. Here’s an excerpt. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/stlblues?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#stlblues</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/bluesrantscom?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@bluesrantscom</a> Thought you might like this one <a href="https://twitter.com/danhullmnu92?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@danhullmnu92</a> <a href="https://t.co/dEUZu2Mfvz">pic.twitter.com/dEUZu2Mfvz</a></p>&mdash; Tim Hirsch (@timhirsch64) <a href="https://twitter.com/timhirsch64/status/1137172015696289792?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 8, 2019</a></blockquote>

Megatron96
06-08-2019, 11:59 AM
Bruins have always been whiners; not gonna stop now.

Part of what I really like about this Blues team/Berube is their refusal to whine about the officiating. They just keep on keepin' on. That attitude brought them from worst to the Cup Finals, and will carry them right over the class-less Bruins.

DeepPurple
06-08-2019, 12:22 PM
I'm glad they don't have Mike Milbury doing the game telecast, but even when talking during intermission, he is such a boston homer. During the playoffs they had Milbury doing the games, and he never gave other teams any credit, he had already crowned the bruins. He said that official that didn't make the call shouldn't do anymore games.

Megatron96
06-08-2019, 06:18 PM
Well here we are, or as the Golden one would say, "hey buddy, we're still here."

So without further ado, the preview for Game 6 of the 2019 Stanley Cup Finals:

https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/preview-game-6-vs-boston/c-307762852?tid=282288828

Rams Fan
06-08-2019, 09:07 PM
Going to try getting downtown around 5 pm tomorrow and probably watch it at Wheelhouse or BPV.

Traffic's going to fucking suck but I don't have to pay for my parking-which is across from BPV.

kcpasco
06-08-2019, 09:11 PM
Going to try getting downtown around 5 pm tomorrow and probably watch it at Wheelhouse or BPV.

Traffic's going to ****ing suck but I don't have to pay for my parking-which is across from BPV.

I hope you get to party hard after the game.

Baby Lee
06-09-2019, 06:04 PM
LGB!!

GloryDayz
06-09-2019, 06:35 PM
Do this...

GloryDayz
06-09-2019, 06:36 PM
Fuck

GloryDayz
06-09-2019, 06:37 PM
Not good boys.. Not good!

GloryDayz
06-09-2019, 06:38 PM
This will calm the Blues down a bit, let's pray they start putting some of those shots actually on the net.

GloryDayz
06-09-2019, 06:39 PM
At least they should have put Marchand into the boards..

tredadda
06-09-2019, 06:41 PM
LGB!!

Forgot some letters.

GloryDayz
06-09-2019, 06:47 PM
I don't know if the Blues are playing a pick-up game of pipes, but they need to start hitting the net.

mlyonsd
06-09-2019, 07:38 PM
Jeebus. That was pretty good defensive hockey. But fuck boston.

mlyonsd
06-09-2019, 07:47 PM
Not a good PP effort.

GloryDayz
06-09-2019, 07:47 PM
JFC, this PP sucks! Wow!

kcpasco
06-09-2019, 07:53 PM
Wow what a hockey game. Rask trying to steal this game like Binny did game 5. Sucks the only goal is a 5-3.

GloryDayz
06-09-2019, 07:53 PM
Rask has indeed been stud tonight... Wow!

KChiefs1
06-09-2019, 08:11 PM
KC needs an NHL team.

GloryDayz
06-09-2019, 08:12 PM
KC needs an NHL team.

Rep applied...

C3HIEF3S
06-09-2019, 08:13 PM
KC needs an NHL team.

Yup.

mlyonsd
06-09-2019, 08:20 PM
fuck

kcpasco
06-09-2019, 08:21 PM
Ugh that was a soft one.

Jerm
06-09-2019, 08:21 PM
Jesus fucking Christ Binnington...2 soft as Charmin goals...

siberian khatru
06-09-2019, 08:22 PM
See you in Boston. Ugh.

GloryDayz
06-09-2019, 08:22 PM
Poop... Ugh!!

Reerun_KC
06-09-2019, 08:25 PM
Series over now. Boston will cruise.

Jerm
06-09-2019, 08:36 PM
https://i.redd.it/pvhx1x4r8isz.gif

GloryDayz
06-09-2019, 08:38 PM
https://i.redd.it/pvhx1x4r8isz.gif

It looks like the Blues might "Chiefs" us...

But that's a goal.

ChiefsCountry
06-09-2019, 08:40 PM
O'Reilly has been a damn good trade.

MarkDavis'Haircut
06-09-2019, 08:46 PM
Damn Boston teams.

GloryDayz
06-09-2019, 08:46 PM
JFC... Wow, how bad can you suck when you had the chance to win the cup on home ice?

Baby Lee
06-09-2019, 08:48 PM
Why root for good things in life?

kcpasco
06-09-2019, 08:51 PM
Fans booing this team is lame. They have been a much better road team anyways.

KC_Connection
06-09-2019, 08:52 PM
Leafs wilted in game 6 against these guys too. Ugh. They’re really going to win another one.

kcpasco
06-09-2019, 08:52 PM
I’m glad Boston won in a blowout. It means absolute nothing next game.

Baby Lee
06-09-2019, 08:53 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Another dick cleaning on StL's curtains.

GloryDayz
06-09-2019, 08:58 PM
Embarrassing loss..

Discuss Thrower
06-09-2019, 08:58 PM
Go ahead and put your next mortgage payment on Boston winning game 7.

kcpasco
06-09-2019, 08:59 PM
Leafs wilted in game 6 against these guys too. Ugh. They’re really going to win another one.

They didn’t fucking wilt. They got a 5-3 goal and Binny let in a softy. Shit happens.

Discuss Thrower
06-09-2019, 09:00 PM
They didn’t ****ing wilt. They got a 5-3 goal and Binny let in a softy. Shit happens.

This was a total chokejob.

kcpasco
06-09-2019, 09:01 PM
Don’t take dumb penalties that lead to 5-3 PP’s and the Blues still have a 50% chance of winning this thing.

kcpasco
06-09-2019, 09:02 PM
This was a total chokejob.

That 2nd goal was bad but how did the rest of the team choke. Rask was playing good.

Discuss Thrower
06-09-2019, 09:02 PM
Don’t take dumb penalties that lead to 5-3 PP’s and the Blues still have a 50% chance of winning this thing.

Well they took dumb penalties and lost the cup because of it.

Same shit; different year.

GloryDayz
06-09-2019, 09:03 PM

That's exactly where it went south. It's like the Bruins just wait for them to do something stupid knowing the officials know there's a size difference.

kcpasco
06-09-2019, 09:04 PM
They haven’t lost the cup yet. But whatever.

Discuss Thrower
06-09-2019, 09:05 PM
They haven’t lost the cup yet. But whatever.

A Chiefs and Blues fan should know just how dumb this post is.

kcpasco
06-09-2019, 09:05 PM
They lost game 6 because of a bad 3rd period. If you guys want to cry and give up that’s on you n

kcpasco
06-09-2019, 09:06 PM
A Chiefs and Blues fan should know just how dumb this post is.

I like this group of Blues player. I didn’t see a choke job.

kcpasco
06-09-2019, 09:06 PM
They played 1 bad period of hockey. They still have 3 more.