PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Supersong Tournament: Round 1, Heat 7. (PICK TWO)

Rain Man
10-05-2018, 06:55 PM
In Round One, I'll put the nominees up in random clumps of five, and you'll pick the TWO musical acts that you would most like, or least hate, to see on the world's biggest stage as the Chiefs face some NFC team next year. In subsequent rounds this system may evolve.

The rules are more or less non-existent. Lobby for anyone you like, post videos for us, and make any arguments against totally insipid groups and rappers. Convince us one way or the other.

(As a note on this thread, remember that the musical acts are as they stand today, not at their peaks.)

Second note: Wait, is that XXX guy dead? It seems like he might be dead. If he's dead, you probably shouldn't vote for him because that would be a really morbid show. And as an aside, that's the second rapper that we've had to kick out because he's dead.

jjchieffan
10-05-2018, 07:12 PM
Well, that was easy. Two great choices, 3 that I never even heard of. Billy Joel and Lynard Skynard can just go ahead and advance now.

Pitt Gorilla
10-05-2018, 07:22 PM
None.

dilligaf
10-05-2018, 07:56 PM
Skynyrd or Billy Joel would be awesome.

Rain Man
10-05-2018, 07:58 PM
Well, that was easy. Two great choices, 3 that I never even heard of. Billy Joel and Lynard Skynard can just go ahead and advance now.

Skynyrd or Billy Joel would be awesome.

Do we know if the modern skynyrd is any good? I can't pull up a video at the moment, but it seems like there's only one guitarist from the original band who's still with them.

MahiMike
10-05-2018, 08:14 PM
I cant find 2 to pick.

wazu
10-05-2018, 08:17 PM
Yes, the XXX guy is dead.

TLO
10-05-2018, 08:58 PM
Joel Skynyrd.

Rain Man
10-06-2018, 12:55 AM
My votes.

#1 - Billy Joel. If you haven't heard of this guy, check him out. He's got some really good songs.

#2 - Lindsey Stirling. I like violins, and I like attractive dancing women. She checks all of the boxes.

My non-winners.

#3 - Oasis. It's okay, I guess.

#4 - Lynyrd Skynyrd. Hey, I like a lot of their music. It's great music. But the modern Lynyrd Skynyrd is not Lynyrd Skynyrd. They're a cover band with one of the original guys. I can't vote for them on pure principal.

#5 - The dead rapper guy.

eDave
10-06-2018, 02:02 AM
My votes.

#1 - Billy Joel. If you haven't heard of this guy, check him out. He's got some really good songs.

#2 - Lindsey Stirling. I like violins, and I like attractive dancing women. She checks all of the boxes.

My non-winners.

#3 - Oasis. It's okay, I guess.

#4 - Lynyrd Skynyrd. Hey, I like a lot of their music. It's great music. But the modern Lynyrd Skynyrd is not Lynyrd Skynyrd. They're a cover band with one of the original guys. I can't vote for them on pure principal.

#5 - The dead rapper guy.

lmao

You are just about the only reason I stick around this shit-hole.

WhawhaWhat
10-06-2018, 10:01 AM
The Oasis bros fighting each other might be the best action all night. How could anyone not want to see that?

Coochie liquor
10-06-2018, 10:13 AM
I went Oasis because they’re good. Went XXX because zombies!

htismaqe
10-06-2018, 11:07 AM
These polls need a Gaz option, seriously.

I'd rather see Gaz at halftime.

manu sharma
10-08-2018, 06:34 AM
loved all but favourite one i voted

Rain Man
10-09-2018, 06:54 PM
In a tribute to the classics, Billy Joel and Lynyrd Skynyrd move to Round 2. Nice try, Oasis.