PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Buying a Chiefs jersey in 2018

wazu
10-06-2018, 02:50 PM
Been shopping for a Mahomes jersey. I'm sort of a jersey snob in that I want it to have stitched on letters. This doesn't appear to exist in KC stores for Mahomes. Can find for Hunt, Hill, Kelce, etc, but not Mahomes. So I went online. Searched and searched, but I'm not finding anything that specifically calls out stitched numbers/names. Even the top of the line $350 jerseys that you have to custom order promise nothing more than "Quality Kansas City Chiefs graphics."

Anybody know the drill on this? I'm assuming that the actually jerseys worn by players are still stitched-on numbers, correct?

Sassy Squatch
10-06-2018, 02:51 PM
They're just sold out. If you REALLY have to have one just have it custom made.

wazu
10-06-2018, 02:55 PM
They're just sold out. If you REALLY have to have one just have it custom made.

Okay, but even custom made doesn't promise sewn on numbers.

https://www.nflshop.com/kansas-city-chiefs/mens-kansas-city-chiefs-nike-red-vapor-untouchable-custom-elite-jersey/t-14150303+p-3587048073530+z-9-3322024475

Spott
10-06-2018, 02:56 PM
My wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I said a Mahomes jersey, even though I don’t really wear jerseys. She replied and said “what if he catches Alex Smith disease and then you are stuck with a jersey you’ll hate.” It seemed funny at the time, especially because she doesn’t follow sports. But it did leave me wondering if that disease was actually contagious.

Buns
10-06-2018, 02:57 PM
Ali Baba Express?

WhawhaWhat
10-06-2018, 02:58 PM
Maybe go for a Laurent Duvernay-Tardif jersey instead.

bigjosh
10-06-2018, 03:00 PM
I grabbed a Chinese knock off last week for 35 bucks on amazon. It’s not bad

suzzer99
10-06-2018, 03:05 PM
My wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I said a Mahomes jersey, even though I don’t really wear jerseys. She replied and said “what if he catches Alex Smith disease and then you are stuck with a jersey you’ll hate.” It seemed funny at the time, especially because she doesn’t follow sports. But it did leave me wondering if that disease was actually contagious.

Pretty sure it's non-transferable.

Shottenheimeritis on the other hand - EXTREMELY contagious. Every city associated with Shottenheimer loses their ability to do well in playoffs for decades to come. It's near fatal in football, but even mutates to other sports and lasts about 15 years. Took the Royals almost 20 years to shake it off. Cleveland eked out a basketball win finally. DC got a hockey win. San Diego - still screwed.

wazu
10-06-2018, 03:05 PM

My last Chinese knock-off the yellow on the sleeves turned orange after washing. Was hoping to just find a legit quality jersey.

Sassy Squatch
10-06-2018, 03:06 PM

https://www.nflshop.com/kansas-city-chiefs/mens-kansas-city-chiefs-nike-red-vapor-untouchable-custom-elite-jersey/t-14150303+p-3587048073530+z-9-3322024475
Give them a call and make sure, but those are sewn on.

sd4chiefs
10-06-2018, 03:15 PM
I was thinking of buying a Mohomes Jersey but these are the Chief jersey that I have worn in the passed.

Neil Smith - Was released and played for the Broncos two years later.

Derrick Thomas - Well you know.

Donnie Edwards - Signed with the Chargers the next year.

Priest Homes - The next game he suffered an injury that ended his season.
He was never the same.

Sassy Squatch
10-06-2018, 03:19 PM
I was thinking of buying a Mohomes Jersey but these are the Chief jersey that I have worn in the passed.

Neil Smith - Was released and played for the Broncos two years later.

Derrick Thomas - Well you know.

Donnie Edwards - Signed with the Chargers the next year.

Priest Homes - The next game he suffered an injury that ended his season.
He was never the same.
Don't you dare.

Bwana
10-06-2018, 03:35 PM

Yeah I have one in the mail from China from this outfit and I paid $17.64 for the thing.

https://www.dhgate.com/?f=DM%7CEDM%7CShipping_en_pc%7Cseries%7CEN%7CPC%7C2018-09-19

I have had really good luck going that direction. My days of paying $350 for a Jersey are long gone.

wazu
10-06-2018, 04:13 PM
Give them a call and make sure, but those are sewn on.

Just did this. They stated every jersey sold on NFL shop is screen print. There are no stitched/sewn-on jersey sold anymore.

Sassy Squatch
10-06-2018, 04:16 PM
Just did this. They stated every jersey sold on NFL shop is screen print. There are no stitched/sewn-on jersey sold anymore.
Jesus, and they want $350 for that shit?

NJChiefsFan
10-06-2018, 04:17 PM
I used to buy Youth jerseys. They fit me fine. I like it to fit more like a t-shirt anyway.

Now with the new company making the jerseys the youth doesn't work. Oh well.

wazu
10-06-2018, 04:21 PM

I know. Crazy town. The $20 Chinese knock-off Bwana linked appears to be stitched on. Guess I'll have to go that route.

LoneWolf
10-06-2018, 04:32 PM
I used to buy Youth jerseys. They fit me fine. I like it to fit more like a t-shirt anyway.

Now with the new company making the jerseys the youth doesn't work. Oh well.

Do you even lift, bro?

Eleazar
10-06-2018, 04:35 PM
They don't sell the authentic ones anymore? It's all screen print? That sucks.

TribalElder
10-06-2018, 04:38 PM

sewn on numbers were pressed on at the stadium store

they look sewn on but it was some kind of heat press

wazu
10-06-2018, 04:41 PM
sewn on numbers were pressed on at the stadium store

they look sewn on but it was some kind of heat press

Okay, fine. But do they even "look" sewn on? As opposed to clearly screen-print?

Jimkcchief88
10-06-2018, 05:29 PM
Got my Nike Vapor Elite Marcus Peters jersey(with the stitched on letters and numbers) for $70 shipped from the NFL shop:)

TinyEvel
10-06-2018, 05:38 PM
If you order a China jersey order XXXL if you normally wear a men’s 42 suit jacket

TexasChief
07-26-2019, 11:04 AM
Anyone have any luck on dhgate with a seller selling a proper chiefs red jersey?

The away jersey is perfect but the red is too dark.

Anyone order recently with the new “60th” patch and had any luck with a color fix this year?

Thanks!

ThyKingdomCome15
07-26-2019, 02:14 PM

I bought mine thirteen months ago. Much cheaper.

God of Thunder
07-26-2019, 02:16 PM
Anyone have any luck on dhgate with a seller selling a proper chiefs red jersey?

The away jersey is perfect but the red is too dark.

Anyone order recently with the new “60th” patch and had any luck with a color fix this year?

Thanks!

I believe this depends on the size you order. My dad ordered an XL and the Red was too dark. I ordered a small and the red was spot on to my 'real' Eric Berry jersey.

Clyde Frog
07-26-2019, 02:26 PM
I use these guys: http://www.cheapnflnewjerseys.com/ They send you tracking numbers so you can follow the package(s) online. They come in on point every year. The URL changes a bit, periodically, as they get shut down but they pop back up again within a few weeks. Order one size up from what you wear and you're golden.

SupDock
07-26-2019, 02:37 PM
I use these guys: http://www.cheapnflnewjerseys.com/ They send you tracking numbers so you can follow the package(s) online. They come in on point every year. The URL changes a bit, periodically, as they get shut down but they pop back up again within a few weeks. Order one size up from what you wear and you're golden.

Damn, good deal on the Javier Arenas jersey ROFL

Clyde Frog
07-26-2019, 02:43 PM
Damn, good deal on the Javier Arenas jersey ROFL

Daaaamn, I might corner the market and flip em on eBay.

TexasChief
07-26-2019, 07:24 PM
I believe this depends on the size you order. My dad ordered an XL and the Red was too dark. I ordered a small and the red was spot on to my 'real' Eric Berry jersey.

Awesome. Makes sense. I’ve done xl and l and they were too dark. The White is money. I’m going to order this gold with the 60th patch and see how it turns out.

TexasChief
07-26-2019, 07:26 PM
I They send you tracking numbers so you can follow the package(s) online. They come in on point every year. The URL changes a bit, periodically, as they get shut down but they pop back up again within a few weeks. Order one size up from what you wear and you're golden.

Thanks, man. Their price is pretty close to dhgate so I’ll give them a try.

Line Judge
07-26-2019, 08:28 PM
They are Nike. I will never buy one.

carcosa
07-26-2019, 10:19 PM
They are Nike. I will never buy one.

Lol

MMXcalibur
07-26-2019, 10:34 PM
I don't wear jerseys anymore except on the rare occasion I attend a Chiefs game in person. In that case, I wear my stitched Montana jersey as he's the reason I became a Chiefs fan and well, he's not getting traded or injured anytime soon.

I did buy a t-shirt with Mahomes name on the front, but that's as far as I'm willing to go anymore on present players and fan-gear.