PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ten Things About Today's Game Week 5: KC 30 Jax 14

gblowfish
10-07-2018, 05:36 PM
Ten Things About Today’s Game: Week 5: KC 30 Jax 14

10. I’m sorry to say I must apologize in advance, because you’re not going to get my best this week. I’ve been really seriously down because I lost one of my best pals Friday Night. I know a lot of you will think this is stupid, but I’ve had a buddy named Neighbor Cat for 18 years, who is a little Gray Tabby, and he has been my sports watching pal for all those years. He’s watched a lot of Royals and Chiefs games in my La-Z-Boy'ed lap. Neighbor passed away in his sleep Friday night, and I’ve been really a mess for a couple days. I didn’t think I would be, but it really hit me hard Friday. Yesterday I basically did nothing but wander around the house doing little chores, and hiding reminders of Neighbor from Mrs. B, who had been nursing him the last couple weeks trying to get him to eat something. It was just his time to check out, but its hard to admit he’s gone now. With the rain this morning I thought about not going to the game today, but Mrs. B. said “Look, you need to get out of the house and do something today.” So we packed up the ponchos and headed out for Arrowhead around 9am. God Bless Mrs. B. She’s sat with me in all kinds of weather since we got married in 1994. She’s a great Chiefs fan, and is always the offset to my pessimistic nature. So I dedicate this week’s Top Ten to Neighbor and Mrs. B, two of the great loves of my life.

9. Today’s word was MOIST. Word to the wise: On a noon kick, best be getting to Arrowhead by around 9:15. If you wait much later, you won’t be able to tailgate at all. Because of the rain and the early start, I got a great parking spot in Lot G. It rained and rained during tailgate time, and it was raining hard at kickoff. The Jags first series was in driving rain. Then when the Chiefs Offense got the ball, the rain just stopped. It was great. I thought at that point it was going to be our day.

8. In the pregame, the Jacksonville pundits were saying the way to beat the Chiefs was to run the ball 30 times, and run right at our outside linebackers. That may be true, but nobody’s been able to stick to that script this year so far, because everybody (except Denver) has been playing catch the Mahomes train out of the station. Chiefs were the first team this year to score a TD on the Jax defense on an opening drive. Mahomes went all Elway on them with a beautiful roll out to score.
View My Video (http://tinypic.com/r/257n52b/9)
Mahomes is going to routinely throw for at least 300 yards a week. This week he had no TD passes and two picks, but we knew he was going to have picks eventually. Throwing two against the Jags secondary is no crime, as on both picks he was under an intense rush. The first he chucked into triple coverage, and the second one was simply a good play by the D-back breaking on the ball.

7. Bortles, on the other hand, threw the ball 61 freaking times! Sure he had over 400 yards passing, but he also had four picks -including a pick six which really changed the game momentum- and he lost a fumble on a strip sack. Jax only ran the ball 17 total times. You can say it was because Fournette was out hurt, and they lost a couple other backs during the game to injury. But the truth is, once KC gets an opponent into catch up mode, they are forced to throw the ball all over the lot to try to get back into the game. That’s what happened today, and Bortles doesn’t have the skill position players to win in a shoot out. And as John Madden once said, "I love it when a fat guy scores!" Note: Chris Jones isn't fat, but you know what I mean...

6. Mahomes continues to spread the ball around, nine different guys caught a ball. That’s the key to our offense. Who are you going to stop? Jags focused on stopping Tyreek. OK, fine. Watkins has six catches for 78 yards and Kelce had five for a Benjamin. Just too many options for Mahomes out there. Hunt continues to kill teams in the second half. He hasn’t had a breakout game where he goes crazy, but his yards have been all tough running yards - 87 today- and he had an important TD that put the game out of reach.
View My Video (http://tinypic.com/r/28ahjx5/9)
The balance between run and pass has been excellent all year, and that makes this offense hard to handle.

5. Today was the defense’s day. They were the first defense to shut out the Jags in the first half so far this season. Chris Jones got his pick six before getting booted from the game for dropping an elbow on a dude during a PAT (major stupid and bad sportsmanship). And the defense had injuries galore: Houston, Watts, Murray, all out with no return. Ford and K-Pass got dinged up. Defense had five sacks on Bortles and chased him relentlessly all day long.

4. Shout out to Buttkicker for being money again this season. We take him for granted. He’s been excellent. Three for three on both field goals and PATs today. Colquitt averaged 52 yards per punt, and took a soccer style flop inside of two minutes to ice the game. Jags did the same stupid shit that the Steelers did a few weeks back - running into the punter to give KC a first down and certain victory formation. It bothered me a lot that Dave Toub gave up an onside kick in the fourth quarter, but it turned out that it didn’t matter, as the Jags came up a yard short on a fourth down pass near the goal line.
View My Video (http://tinypic.com/r/33opst0/9)

3. Things got exceptionally chippy in this one. These teams don’t like each other. It started when Jax D-Line roughed Mahomes in the first quarter. Then Jones got kicked out after the PAT after the first Jags TD.
View My Video (http://tinypic.com/r/308e4bl/9)
Then Ford got kicked out after chasing Bortles out of bounds in the fourth quarter.
View My Video (http://tinypic.com/r/28ahjx5/9)
After the game -don’t think they had this on TV- but #91 for the Jags -Yannick Nzakoue, had to be restrained by their coaches. Looked like he was going after Chiefs #26 Damien Williams. Dude looked like he wanted to go at it in the parking lot. Not sure what that was all about, but it was right in front of the Chiefs bench right at the end of the game. Very seldom do you see stuff like that after the game is over. Once the game ends, these guys are usually all buddy-buddy; trading jerseys and praying at midfield. This was not that... AT ALL. As far as Jones and Ford go, they need to keep their emotions in check. Getting kicked out when the team is already short handed on defensive players is not smart. And we certainly don’t want to be a team with dirty players. That’s reserved for the Donks and Faiders.

2. The Canadian Doc had a bad injury in the last couple minutes of the game. Andy said in the post game presser he may have a fractured leg. That really sucks, because the Doc has been playing at a Pro Bowl Level. I hope it’s not a season ender, we need him for the long haul. He's our best O Lineman.

1. So 5-0 is an amazing start, and way beyond what any of us had reasonably hoped for. I had predicted a 8-8 or 9-7 year. Donks lost, Faiders lost, and we’ve already beat the Bolts in their yard. So we’re sitting pretty in the AFC West. Next Sunday Night it’ll be another National TV game against Tommy Boy and the Hoodie. You know they’re going to be wanting some payback for us spoiling their Super Bowl Ring Night last year. I’m dreading what Brady will do to our secondary, especially since Watts and Murray both got hurt this week. This is the week we really need Eric Berry to come back to cover Gronk. Of course, that was the last real game he played in when he blew out his tendon last season. Even if we go in and lose there, if we were told that after six games we’d be five and one, with the only loss at Foxboro, we’d all take that gladly. I’m not saying that’s going to happen. If we can manage to win that game, it could have major playoff implications, to make the road to the Super Bowl run through Arrowhead in January instead of Gillette Stadium. And Brady’s never played well in Arrowhead. We’ve always had his number here. Let’s enjoy this five an zero start, thanks for reading the Ten Things, and I hope next week is a great week for all of us on the CP.

Spott
In

Barbell
good as always george

Flying High D
10-07-2018, 05:40 PM
Good write up.

TLO
Thanks for the writeup! 5-0 PBJ

Hammock Parties
neighbor cat is sitting in DT's lap bud

Dinny Bossa Nova
10-07-2018, 05:41 PM
In

good as always george

You anal fornicational intellectual incompacitants didn't read that and reply in less than a minute.

Shenanigans!

Dinny

Sassy Squatch
10-07-2018, 05:42 PM
RIP Neighbor Cat

Demonpenz
10-07-2018, 05:42 PM
Sorry about your loss with the cat. You know you are good people how you treat animals.

siberian khatru
10-07-2018, 05:44 PM
Sorry about the cat, George. We currently have the best cat we’ve ever had, and although he hopefully still has several years left, his passing will hit us hard. I respect him because he takes no shit from our two dogs — and they know it.

Anyway, go Chiefs!

ChiefsCountry
10-07-2018, 05:46 PM
Always hard to lose a pet.

PHOG
10-07-2018, 05:48 PM
Good read. RIP Neighbor Cat.

Easy 6
10-07-2018, 05:52 PM
On the contrary, this was one of your top breakdowns

First team to score an opening drive 7 on them this year, you just gotta love it... we're breaking new boundaries

Mr. Wizard
You don't pick cats, they pick you. So sorry for your loss, we live on a farm and my daughter gets one indoor cat. (I am allergic to them) but I still have a soft spot for them. Now get down to the pound, there is one down there who would love the royals, chiefs and the two of you!

SAUTO
Sorry about neighbor George.

Thanks for the write up

JohnnyHammersticks
10-07-2018, 05:54 PM
Only one bad thing about pets. Losing them. RIP Neighbor Cat.

Trivers
10-07-2018, 05:56 PM
Sorry about Neighbor Cat!!! :(

There will always be a place in your heart reserved for him.

But there is more room....when you are ready...there will be another sports watching pal!

bricks
10-07-2018, 06:00 PM
Good write up. Sorry to hear about your neighbor cat. I hope this season makes up for that loss. Go Chiefs!

MahiMike
10-07-2018, 06:06 PM
Sweet

Barbell
10-07-2018, 06:08 PM
Sorry to hear about your neighbor's cat

TIED5573
10-07-2018, 06:27 PM
You're a good egg, George. Glad your wife made you go.

Rainbow bridge

DJJasonp
10-07-2018, 06:38 PM
I actually like the fact that their was some hatred/emotions shown today.

'bout time our defense's balls dropped!

jimidollar
10-07-2018, 06:48 PM
Thanks for a great read. RIP to your little buddy.

REDHOTGTO
10-07-2018, 06:52 PM
hate to hear bout the buddy George, I know how it goes.
game report spot on as always, thx

Otter
10-07-2018, 06:54 PM
Hey GB,</br></br> What's your take on Kendall Fuller? That guy seems to be all but invisible out there after coming in as the top rated slot CB in the league.</br></br> That had to be one of the cooler games to attend. I loved how it poured on the Jags then cleared up as soon as the Chiefs hit field and there were plenty of great O & D plays to go around.</br></br> Wish I could have been at that one! Great write up as always. Thank you!

KChiefs1
10-07-2018, 06:59 PM
Great read. Sorry for your loss of your game watching buddy.

Here’s mine:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181008/9fe3a74962988ce0afa66bc426252e28.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181008/49d876d2d2ddc81fd27c8484099b5863.jpg

stumppy
10-07-2018, 07:03 PM
Good write up George. Sorry you lost your buddy. RIP Neighbor Cat.

scho63
10-07-2018, 07:03 PM
Sorry for your loss GBlowfish.

One thing that needs to be talked about is penalties. We are now 2nd in the league in number of penalties to the Steelers, 6th in total yards, and we seem to be getting them as really inopportune times. Nothing as piss poor in the NFL than losing a game with a drive ending or DPI call or something even worse like an unsportsmanlike conduct on a 3rd and 20 to give a team new life. We need to keep these in check and play smarter.

Chris Jones could be suspended a game for that punch and that would be bad.

Dee Ford on the other hand got the second UC penalty for complete bullshit and the refs just had it out so quickly. Unless he spit at Bortles and only the ref could see it, that was NOT taunting and total garbage. Dee Ford is playing lights out and our pass defense looked a little less lost this week, even though they let up over 400 but Bortles threw a god damn 61 times!

To have Mahomes have a crap game and win by 16 is perfect. I don't see Mahomes having back-to-back bad games so next week he should be fired up and ready to go! With Mahomes, I think we have the ability to win ANY game against ANY team in ANY stadium, something I've never felt before except briefly with Joe Montana and it's only this kids first full year at the helm.

Injuries really killed us this game and what a beating we took. Hopefully these guys will find a way back next week, especially Justin Houston.

I pray for less injuries, no slumps and the ability to get stronger and better into each game including the playoffs and Super Bowl!

That Rams game in Mexico is shaping up to be something pretty special!

'Thanks again GB and have a great victory Monday and week. :clap:

Molitoth
10-07-2018, 07:07 PM
3 things bothered me today... which is actually a good thing that it was only 3. I'll take it.

1) Kelce dropped an easy catch that he could of walked into the End zone. This cost the team 4 points as they kicked a field goal.

2) The amount of unnecessary penalties was stupid. WTF was Chris Jones giving the peoples elbow to some dudes leg? WTF was Hunt thinking when he ran up and headbutted a guy right in front of a ref? The Jags shit talking was too much for some of players and they need to be more disciplined. This was the kind of stupid shit that changes momentum and loses games when you aren't playing shit QB's like Bortles.
Note: Big props to Tyreek Hill for just turning around and heading right back to the huddle after he had the ball.

3) Special Teams looked completely unprepared for the on-side kick. I think everyone in the stadium knew an on-side kick was coming...

InChiefsHeaven
10-07-2018, 07:12 PM
I had to put mine down last year. His name was Rascal, but I always called him "Fat Kitteh". He was awesome, and I admit, I was surprised at how it affected me. Awesome write up as always though...you sir are the man.

cooper barrett
10-07-2018, 07:14 PM
Coach should have given "neighbor" the game ball.

Great read as always and sorry about the pussy.

gblowfish
10-07-2018, 07:22 PM
Hey GB,</br></br> What's your take on Kendall Fuller? That guy seems to be all but invisible out there after coming in as the top rated slot CB in the league.</br></br> That had to be one of the cooler games to attend. I loved how it poured on the Jags then cleared up as soon as the Chiefs hit field and there were plenty of great O & D plays to go around.</br></br> Wish I could have been at that one! Great write up as always. Thank you!

Fuller is the best guy we've got back there until Berry can play again. They picked on Nelson the most today. He got his first NFL pick. Felt happy for him.

suzzer99
10-07-2018, 07:28 PM
Thanks George. RIP Neighbor Cat :(

Buehler445
10-07-2018, 07:28 PM
Sorry for your loss George. I'm not much of a cat guy, but I have a dog that I've instructed to live forever because I won't be able to handle his loss.

Good read.

The chippiness got to me. It really pissed me off. They were running their mouths like bitches down 20-0. And our team let it get to us and kept getting rung up. Pretty low class all the way around. HOWEVER, how long has it been since we've had a team that had fight? I gotta give Reid credit there. I was sick and tired of a decade of soft ass teams that didn't care if they got punked.

Lucas played really well after Murray went out. I wasn't watching consistently to determine his role in the fuckery that happened on the bad plays. Hopefully we've got a good player in the works.

We need to figure something out on the corner blitz. That was very effective for them. Maybe they just executed it really well (they did) but that's on film now. Time to get to work.

Appreciate the time. I'm glad you ended up going.

big nasty kcnut
10-07-2018, 07:29 PM
Great read george and r.i.p neighborhood cat. Thou that jones toss was after the jags cheap shotted him. They caught him in attack back mode.

Prison Bitch
10-07-2018, 07:34 PM
Buttkicker is really good but again, missed the only FG that mattered in his time here vs Tenn

I like him fine but he has to deliver in Hanury. Yeah, I'm already penciling us in for olayoffs

Buehler445
One thing that seemed to be of national interest, Hill v Ramsey: Ramsey played Hill as well as anyone, but I'd say Hill got the best of him. Several times Hill was open, but their pass rush was good enough to keep Mahomes from sticking it on him. The one he did down the sidelines, it was nasty.

Everyone has said it, but I can't go without saying it. Mahomes is disgusting. Hill is a freak.

gblowfish
YNow get down to the pound, there is one down there who would love the royals, chiefs and the two of you!

I still have Meesh Meesh and Ginger Cat. But we had Neighbor the longest.

Rain Man
10-07-2018, 07:39 PM
STOP MAKING COMPARISONS TO THAT MEDIOCRE COLTS/BRONCOS JOURNEYMAN! I MEAN IT! STOP IT NOW!

Compare him to somebody who had a career passer rating over 80. I shouldn't have to keep explaining this.

Oh, and I'm sorry to hear about Neighbor Cat. I'll pour a milk bottle out for him. I still miss my cats every day.

cdcox
10-07-2018, 07:39 PM
RIP Neighbor Cat. Good write up as always, George.

Hammock Parties
10-07-2018, 07:40 PM
STOP MAKING COMPARISONS TO THAT MEDIOCRE COLTS/BRONCOS JOURNEYMAN! I MEAN IT! STOP IT NOW!

ROFLROFLROFL

Comically arrogant Rain Man is entertaining in this new era of franchise QB play.

cdcox
10-07-2018, 07:42 PM
I still have Meesh Meesh and Ginger Cat. But we had Neighbor the longest.

Wow, never thought I would see the day when we had more cats than the Blowfishes.

RedRaider56
10-07-2018, 07:43 PM
Nice write up. Very sorry to hear about your cat. Always tough to lose a pet

cdcox
10-07-2018, 07:44 PM
ROFLROFLROFL

Comically arrogant Rain Man is entertaining in this new era of franchise QB play.

Elway was a bad QB through 3 quarters and a great QB in the fourth. It averages out to average.

TinyEvel
10-07-2018, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the write-up, G-BLow. And I feel ya on the feline buddy. We lost our little gal Figaro this year after 16 years and it does hurt. Remember the good times.

mnchiefsguy
10-07-2018, 07:47 PM
Sorry for your loss George. Great write-up as always.

stevieray
10-07-2018, 07:49 PM
Thank you and condolences.

Spott
10-07-2018, 07:53 PM
You anal fornicational intellectual incompacitants didn't read that and reply in less than a minute.

Shenanigans!

Dinny

I was reading it with your Mom. :)

Spott
10-07-2018, 07:56 PM
I'm glad the Jags players hate us. Even if we got a bunch of bogus penalties, it was worth every yard to see the defense show some life.

srvy
10-07-2018, 08:10 PM
Sorry about your neighbor George but you powered through with a very good 10 things.

Rain Man
10-07-2018, 08:12 PM
I only got to see the second half, which means that I didn't see a good performance. I think maybe we should all just watch the first half of Chiefs games this year.

But one thing that continues to worry me is ILB, even more than the safeties. For a while, it looked like they were specifically targeting Terrance Smith on every play and it was working. Terrance looks like a fast guy, so I can't figure out why he consistently gets beaten in coverage.

KS Smitty
10-07-2018, 08:34 PM
Sorry to hear about Neighbor Cat. We lost Alley Cat after 18 years too, still expect to see her.

Great write up as usual, I don't always comment but I do read and enjoy your 10 things.

KCChiefsFan88
10-07-2018, 08:37 PM
If you are a Jagwads player, not sure how you can think you are in a position to talk smack when your QB is a flaming pile of shit.

Sassy Squatch
10-07-2018, 08:37 PM
I only got to see the second half, which means that I didn't see a good performance. I think maybe we should all just watch the first half of Chiefs games this year.

But one thing that continues to worry me is ILB, even more than the safeties. For a while, it looked like they were specifically targeting Terrance Smith on every play and it was working. Terrance looks like a fast guy, so I can't figure out why he consistently gets beaten in coverage.
I have a hypothesis; he fucking sucks.

Jewish Rabbi
10-07-2018, 08:57 PM
George, first off, sorry for the loss of your cat. I know how pets become part of the family.

I also wondered what your thoughts were on the crowd today? I only make one or two games per year due to travel distance, but this was as loud as I have heard it since the grand reopening game against the Chargers. Some of those 3rd and 4th downs were deafening, and that was a huge sustained wall of sound after the refs missed a late hit against the Jags then called Kareem for unsportsmanlike the next play.

I guess what I'm getting at is how did the crowd compare to the days of old? The stadium was as full as I've seen it in a while as well, which surprised me considering the weather.

Kman34
10-07-2018, 09:07 PM
Sorry for your loss...Don't care about Mahomes 2 ints...still was the best QB on the field...

KCTitus
10-07-2018, 09:08 PM
Something should have been said about the numerous stupid personal foul penalties in the second half. There was no reason for any of that to occur given the fact KC had the game in hand.

A SB caliber team doesnt do this and it was disheartening to see that some of our guys fell into that bullshit and retaliated.

Ford's taunting, Hunt's hit to the helmet, were absolutely stupid...they were winning the game going away. No need for it at all.

I trust that Andy will get them focused, but that's the kind of shit that will allow the NFL to fuck KC in the playoffs...the refs were itching to help Jax and at the slightest provocation were giving Jax a free 15 yards at every turn.

KC doesnt need to do this...they were clearly better and I hope it was an aberration and not a sign of things to come.

BigRedChief
10-07-2018, 09:16 PM
Ten Things About Today’s Game: Week 5: KC 30 Jax 14

10. I’m sorry to say I must apologize in advance, because you’re not going to get my best this week. I’ve been really seriously down because I lost one of my best pals Friday Night. I know a lot of you will think this is stupid, but I’ve had a buddy named Neighbor Cat for 18 years, who is a little Gray Tabby, and he has been my sports watching pal for all those years. He’s watched a lot of Royals and Chiefs games in my La-Z-Boy'ed lap. Neighbor passed away in his sleep Friday night, and I’ve been really a mess for a couple days. I didn’t think I would be, but it really hit me hard Friday. Yesterday I basically did nothing but wander around the house doing little chores, and hiding reminders of Neighbor from Mrs. B, who had been nursing him the last couple weeks trying to get him to eat something. It was just his time to check out, but its hard to admit he’s gone now. With the rain this morning I thought about not going to the game today, but Mrs. B. said “Look, you need to get out of the house and do something today.” So we packed up the ponchos and headed out for Arrowhead around 9am. God Bless Mrs. B. She’s sat with me in all kinds of weather since we got married in 1994. She’s a great Chiefs fan, and is always the offset to my pessimistic nature. So I dedicate this week’s Top Ten to Neighbor and Mrs. B, two of the great loves of my life.

9. Today’s word was MOIST. Word to the wise: On a noon kick, best be getting to Arrowhead by around 9:15. If you wait much later, you won’t be able to tailgate at all. Because of the rain and the early start, I got a great parking spot in Lot G. It rained and rained during tailgate time, and it was raining hard at kickoff. The Jags first series was in driving rain. Then when the Chiefs Offense got the ball, the rain just stopped. It was great. I thought at that point it was going to be our day.

8. In the pregame, the Jacksonville pundits were saying the way to beat the Chiefs was to run the ball 30 times, and run right at our outside linebackers. That may be true, but nobody’s been able to stick to that script this year so far, because everybody (except Denver) has been playing catch the Mahomes train out of the station. Chiefs were the first team this year to score a TD on the Jax defense on an opening drive. Mahomes went all Elway on them with a beautiful roll out to score. Mahomes is going to routinely throw for at least 300 yards a week. This week he had no TD passes and two picks, but we knew he was going to have picks eventually. Throwing two against the Jags secondary is no crime, as on both picks he was under an intense rush. The first he chucked into triple coverage, and the second one was simply a good play by the D-back breaking on the ball.

7. Bortles, on the other hand, threw the ball 61 freaking times! Sure he had over 400 yards passing, but he also had four picks -including a pick six which really changed the game momentum- and he lost a fumble on a strip sack. Jax only ran the ball 17 total times. You can say it was because Fournette was out hurt, and they lost a couple other backs during the game to injury. But the truth is, once KC gets an opponent into catch up mode, they are forced to throw the ball all over the lot to try to get back into the game. That’s what happened today, and Bortles doesn’t have the skill position players to win in a shoot out. And as John Madden once said, "I love it when a fat guy scores!" Note: Chris Jones isn't fat, but you know what I mean...

6. Mahomes continues to spread the ball around, nine different guys caught a ball. That’s the key to our offense. Who are you going to stop? Jags focused on stopping Tyreek. OK, fine. Watkins has six catches for 78 yards and Kelce had five for a Benjamin. Just too many options for Mahomes out there. Hunt continues to kill teams in the second half. He hasn’t had a breakout game where he goes crazy, but his yards have been all tough running yards - 87 today- and he had an important TD that put the game out of reach. The balance between run and pass has been excellent all year, and that makes this offense hard to handle.

5. Today was the defense’s day. They were the first defense to shut out the Jags in the first half so far this season. Chris Jones got his pick six before getting booted from the game for dropping an elbow on a dude during a PAT (major stupid and bad sportsmanship). And the defense had injuries galore: Houston, Watts, Murray, all out with no return. Ford and K-Pass got dinged up. Defense had five sacks on Bortles and chased him relentlessly all day long.

4. Shout out to Buttkicker for being money again this season. We take him for granted. He’s been excellent. Three for three on both field goals and PATs today. Colquitt averaged 52 yards per punt, and took a soccer style flop inside of two minutes to ice the game. Jags did the same stupid shit that the Steelers did a few weeks back - running into the punter to give KC a first down and certain victory formation. It bothered me a lot that Dave Toub gave up an onside kick in the fourth quarter, but it turned out that it didn’t matter, as the Jags came up a yard short on a fourth down pass near the goal line.

3. Things got exceptionally chippy in this one. These teams don’t like each other. It started when Jax D-Line roughed Mahomes in the first quarter. Then Jones got kicked out after the PAT after the first Jags TD. Then Ford got kicked out after chasing Bortles out of bounds in the fourth quarter. After the game -don’t think they had this on TV- but #91 for the Jags -Yannick Nzakoue, had to be restrained by their coaches. Looked like he was going after Chiefs #26 Damien Williams. Dude looked like he wanted to go at it in the parking lot. Not sure what that was all about, but it was right in front of the Chiefs bench right at the end of the game. Very seldom do you see stuff like that after the game is over. Once the game ends, these guys are usually all buddy-buddy; trading jerseys and praying at midfield. This was not that... AT ALL. As far as Jones and Ford go, they need to keep their emotions in check. Getting kicked out when the team is already short handed on defensive players is not smart. And we certainly don’t want to be a team with dirty players. That’s reserved for the Donks and Faiders.

2. The Canadian Doc had a bad injury in the last couple minutes of the game. Andy said in the post game presser he may have a fractured leg. That really sucks, because the Doc has been playing at a Pro Bowl Level. I hope it’s not a season ender, we need him for the long haul. He's our best O Lineman.

1. So 5-0 is an amazing start, and way beyond what any of us had reasonably hoped for. I had predicted a 8-8 or 9-7 year. Donks lost, Faiders lost, and we’ve already beat the Bolts in their yard. So we’re sitting pretty in the AFC West. Next Sunday Night it’ll be another National TV game against Tommy Boy and the Hoodie. You know they’re going to be wanting some payback for us spoiling their Super Bowl Ring Night last year. I’m dreading what Brady will do to our secondary, especially since Watts and Murray both got hurt this week. This is the week we really need Eric Berry to come back to cover Gronk. Of course, that was the last real game he played in when he blew out his tendon last season. Even if we go in and lose there, if we were told that after six games we’d be five and one, with the only loss at Foxboro, we’d all take that gladly. I’m not saying that’s going to happen. If we can manage to win that game, it could have major playoff implications, to make the road to the Super Bowl run through Arrowhead in January instead of Gillette Stadium. And Brady’s never played well in Arrowhead. We’ve always had his number here. Let’s enjoy this five an zero start, thanks for reading the Ten Things, and I hope next week is a great week for all of us on the CP.Totally understand. Our pets are family. Sorry about losing your lap buddy.

UK_Chief
10-07-2018, 11:12 PM
Thought ford deserved a special mention, as well as the rest of the D line. The pass rush was excellent and was the key reason for the win along with Kelce. Mahomes on a poor day still >>>> Alex...

GloryDayz
10-07-2018, 11:20 PM
Great write up George...

It's very OK to be down when you lose a great friend. It's very human..

MMXcalibur
10-08-2018, 12:25 AM
Good write up, George.
Sorry to hear about your friend.

Rasputin
10-08-2018, 02:15 AM
Chiefs are the new bullies of the NFL they just got tired of being Mr Nice guy.

New World Order
10-08-2018, 02:30 AM
RIP Neighbor

Jax did get chippy, unfortunately for them it was when the play/game was over.

btlook1
10-08-2018, 05:42 AM
Once again great write up!! Sorry about the cat, sucks to lose a pet that you really care about!!

Bwana
10-08-2018, 06:01 AM
Uhh, sorry about your buddy George. It always sucks losing a pet. :(

As far as the top 10 write up, outstanding work as always.

PhillyChiefFan
10-08-2018, 06:05 AM
Sorry about the loss of your game time buddy. My dog is mine and when I lose him it won’t be the same for a long long time. Great write up as always, thanks!

Marcellus
10-08-2018, 06:25 AM
Great stuff George, sorry about Neighbor.

Go chiefs 5-0!!

manu sharma
10-08-2018, 06:35 AM
dont good for me

chiefzilla1501
10-08-2018, 06:35 AM
I'm already infuriated with stat geeks and fantasy football experts who claim to know what happened because of the box score.

NFL network primetime chirped about the defense giving up 400+ yards. News flash. They were all garbage yards.

Discrediting mahomes stat line because he had no passing TDs and 2 INTs. Nevermind that 1 INT was garbage time and as if he should be punished because his rb was in the end zone.

Pff tweeted that he and rivers have identical stats. Yeah, because mahomes is constantly protecting leads while rivers is always clawing from behind.

Ugh.

scho63
10-08-2018, 06:47 AM
3 things bothered me today... which is actually a good thing that it was only 3. I'll take it.

1) Kelce dropped an easy catch that he could of walked into the End zone. This cost the team 4 points as they kicked a field goal.

2) The amount of unnecessary penalties was stupid. WTF was Chris Jones giving the peoples elbow to some dudes leg? WTF was Hunt thinking when he ran up and headbutted a guy right in front of a ref? The Jags shit talking was too much for some of players and they need to be more disciplined. This was the kind of stupid shit that changes momentum and loses games when you aren't playing shit QB's like Bortles.
Note: Big props to Tyreek Hill for just turning around and heading right back to the huddle after he had the ball.

3) Special Teams looked completely unprepared for the on-side kick. I think everyone in the stadium knew an on-side kick was coming...

Great points here! :clap:

1. Kelce seems to have some bonehead drops in every game when in years past he seemed to catch everything. Hopefully Demetrius Harris dropsies aren't rubbing off on Kelce. His RAC is the best in the league by a wide margin. He does a lot of damage then on those 10 yarders he turns into big games.

2. We had 11 penalties to their 5 and I already discussed the penalties in my previous post in here.

3. They sure looked flat footed and going backwards on that onside's kick. :shake:

BlackHelicopters
10-08-2018, 08:15 AM
Great read! Many thanks, GB!

BigRedChief
10-08-2018, 08:21 AM
Chiefs are the new bullies of the NFL they just got tired of being Mr Nice guy.thry tried to be tough and taunt all the time but no flags for them.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dee Ford got a personal foul for talking to Blake Bortles after a play. It&#39;s a very good thing the refs were there to keep any sort of taunting from occurring. <a href="https://t.co/R8m8vpMHET">pic.twitter.com/R8m8vpMHET</a></p>&mdash; Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/1049292151157403649?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 8, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Halfcan
10-08-2018, 08:44 AM
Great write up. Sorry to hear about your cat. Ours is 15 years old now and I worry about losing her.

This game pretty much went how I expected it to. I posted that we would give them a beating and we did. The Chiefs were more physical and pounded them on both sides of the ball. I was tired of hearing about the Jagoffs defense and said we would double every stat they own. Not only did we pretty much do that- we broke several of their streaks as well.

First team in years to score a TD on the Opening drive. This really set the tone of the game that we not going to lay down as the Jag defense hoped.

First team to shut them out in the first half in many years. The Chiefs Defense stepped up today.

Mahomes played against the best Defense he has ever faced and it was business as usual. This team is legit.

I said after the Jags got a beat down they would be thinking about having to come back here for another beating in the Playoffs and judging by the comments out of their locker room- they don't want any part of that. They KNOW who is the better team and all their trash talking won't ever change that.

Halfcan
10-08-2018, 08:47 AM
thry tried to be tough and taunt all the time but no flags for them.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dee Ford got a personal foul for talking to Blake Bortles after a play. It&#39;s a very good thing the refs were there to keep any sort of taunting from occurring. <a href="https://t.co/R8m8vpMHET">pic.twitter.com/R8m8vpMHET</a></p>&mdash; Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/1049292151157403649?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 8, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Exactly- they are the new Trash Talking Kings of the NFL. They never shut up.

What an embarrassment that team is. Not only did they get dominated in every way, but they were also poor sports. No Class Jagoffs!

Hydrae
10-08-2018, 08:50 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss. 18 years is a great run for a cat but never long enough.

Just for a quick comment, it was not only the first time the Jags gave up a first drive TD. It was the first first HALF touchdown they have given up this year!

One more observation: we have won the toss all 5 games this year and started on defense. The Broncos are the only team that we have not held to a 3 and out on that first drive. That is also the only game we did not scored a touchdown on our first drive.

Macroach
10-08-2018, 08:53 AM
RIP Neighbor, sorry to hear about losing your good buddy, George.

Another great write up. I don't know why but I laughed when you had to add the "Note: Chris Jones isn't fat..."

Randallflagg
10-08-2018, 08:59 AM

Indeed he is.....indeed he is. :thumb:

gblowfish
10-08-2018, 09:01 AM

Kelce has taken some shots this year, he may not be at 100 percent. He's had more dropped balls, but I have no doubt he's a gamer. I think next week he'll have a chip on his shoulder since it's going to be Kelce v. Gronk.

The Jags were talking shit all game long, and also had late cheap shots on both Mahomes and Tyreek. But when stuff like this happens, the best answer is to point at the scoreboard. Hill did the right thing walking away from Ramsey after he burned him. Chris Jones has to be smarter about retaliation. He dropped an elbow on that guy right in front of the ref. Ford getting run was total Bullshit. That happened right in front of me. Hell, Mahomes went over and helped pick Bortles up. No reason to run Ford. None.

Well, I can't say they were compelety unprepared...they did put the hands team out there. A serious question was raised as to if the play was legal, but sometimes the onside kick just works. Just glad it didn't lead to a loss this time.

Spott
10-08-2018, 09:06 AM
Exactly- they are the new Trash Talking Kings of the NFL. They never shut up.

What an embarrassment that team is. Not only did they get dominated in every way, but they were also poor sports. No Class Jagoffs!

Their punk ass attitudes go hand in hand with that shit city they represent.

Halfcan
10-08-2018, 09:08 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss. 18 years is a great run for a cat but never long enough.

Just for a quick comment, it was not only the first time the Jags gave up a first drive TD. It was the first first HALF touchdown they have given up this year!

One more observation: we have won the toss all 5 games this year and started on defense. The Broncos are the only team that we have not held to a 3 and out on that first drive. That is also the only game we did not scored a touchdown on our first drive.

Each week this team is breaking other teams winning streaks.

Steelers- first win there since the 80's.

Donks- First team to win after falling 10 points behind in the 4th quarter in (64) games?

Jags- two streaks were broken, doubled their Vaunted defense stats- and Mahomes ties a 1970's record of a QB throwing for 250 in his first 6 starts.

gblowfish
10-08-2018, 09:13 AM
George, first off, sorry for the loss of your cat. I know how pets become part of the family.

I also wondered what your thoughts were on the crowd today? I only make one or two games per year due to travel distance, but this was as loud as I have heard it since the grand reopening game against the Chargers. Some of those 3rd and 4th downs were deafening, and that was a huge sustained wall of sound after the refs missed a late hit against the Jags then called Kareem for unsportsmanlike the next play.

I guess what I'm getting at is how did the crowd compare to the days of old? The stadium was as full as I've seen it in a while as well, which surprised me considering the weather.

Thanks for the kind words on Nabes. He was just a real cool cat. Totally friendly and laid back. He liked McDonalds Cheeseburgers. Lots of times I'd buy an extra one to feed to him and Meesh Meesh.

On the crowd: Yeah, it was loud, especially after the BS calls on Hunt and on Ford. I have a theory about Arrowhead crowd noise. It's always the loudest in October, because by that point we're usually playing games with a serious impact; and (more importantly) the crowd isn't all bundled up like it is in November and December games. It's hard to get that deafening roar when everybody's under three layers, and wrapped up in coats and gloves and such. The angry roar reminded me a lot of the old KC-Denver games vs. Horseface. Considering the weather, and that it was not a completely full stadium it was impressively loud. The fans were a 12th man all game long. I was proud of them.

GloryDayz
10-08-2018, 09:36 AM

The NFL is SOOOOOOOOO stupid. But as long as the officials are untouchable, this won't change.

GloryDayz
10-08-2018, 09:37 AM

Rep.

Dayze
10-08-2018, 09:45 AM
I really like the fact that most of the taunting / trash talking was done by the Jags when they were down 20 points.

Smart.

oldman
10-08-2018, 10:02 AM
Sorry to hear about your cat, George. I had to put down my gameday buddy, Boudreaux a couple years ago. He had the TD howl down and would bark on our sacks.
Was that D ours? All the sudden we have a pass rush. After Houston went out and Ford moved to the other side, I thought we might be in trouble. But even after Ford got kicked out, Speaks and Kpass seemed to get some pressure. They're young and just need more snaps. The D-line got in on the action, too. Our tackling has improved, but I'm still holding my breath every time. Ron Parker had a couple nice open field tackles, maybe he can teach the rest. I think Murray might have seen his last game as a starter. Watts and Lucas seemed to do just fine in his place, even though they are Parker's backups.
Showtime didn't have the best of days, no TDs and 2 picks, but he'll learn from those. We all knew there would be some mistakes. I'd much rather have him in there than what we've had since Montana.
The one thing that bothered me the most was the amount of unsportmanlikes we got. I think we had 5, 2 of which were BS. Fortunately, none of those hurt us too much, but that kind of stuff has to stop. The Jones one is a prime example.

Buehler445
10-08-2018, 10:03 AM
Great write up. Sorry to hear about your cat. Ours is 15 years old now and I worry about losing her.

This game pretty much went how I expected it to. I posted that we would give them a beating and we did. The Chiefs were more physical and pounded them on both sides of the ball. I was tired of hearing about the Jagoffs defense and said we would double every stat they own. Not only did we pretty much do that- we broke several of their streaks as well.

First team in years to score a TD on the Opening drive. This really set the tone of the game that we not going to lay down as the Jag defense hoped.

First team to shut them out in the first half in many years. The Chiefs Defense stepped up today.

Mahomes played against the best Defense he has ever faced and it was business as usual. This team is legit.

I said after the Jags got a beat down they would be thinking about having to come back here for another beating in the Playoffs and judging by the comments out of their locker room- they don't want any part of that. They KNOW who is the better team and all their trash talking won't ever change that.

Right on.

I have blocked all sports talk out of my life. It’s tempting to take it all in since the Chiefs finally have a legit QB but let’s be frank - all but maybe a couple, certainly less than 5, are just fucking hot take factories. And regarding the Chiefs, ain’t nobody got time for that!

It’s amazing how legitimately competitive football satisfies my need for football. I don’t listen to that crap, and I don’t miss it. Before, we were competitive but it was clear weren’t winning shit without some blind luck or a crazy hot streak. It is tremendously satisfying to be able to roll in anywhere and have a shot to win. That’s not to say I don’t expect the D to get us some Ls, but I think before I was trying to fill the void of old conservative Chief football with something now I don’t have to.

ChiefGator
10-08-2018, 10:06 AM
Aww.. cute little Neighbor cat... Sorry about your loss.

UK_Chief
10-08-2018, 10:10 AM
I'm already infuriated with stat geeks and fantasy football experts who claim to know what happened because of the box score.

NFL network primetime chirped about the defense giving up 400+ yards. News flash. They were all garbage yards.

Discrediting mahomes stat line because he had no passing TDs and 2 INTs. Nevermind that 1 INT was garbage time and as if he should be punished because his rb was in the end zone.

Pff tweeted that he and rivers have identical stats. Yeah, because mahomes is constantly protecting leads while rivers is always clawing from behind.

Ugh.

Soon they will see the light

ModSocks
10-08-2018, 10:10 AM

Shrug.

You can talk shit. That's fine. You can't stand over a guy and talk shit though, which is what Ford did. These aren't valid comparisons.

Macroach
10-08-2018, 10:18 AM
Was there a flag on the last play (the late hit on Hill OB)? I didn't see the game due to work. Man, those Jags love to talk, can't imagine how unbearable they'd be if they weren't getting blown out.

L.A. Chieffan
10-08-2018, 10:24 AM
Sorry about your cat George. Thank you for your posts every week, it gives us who can't attend the games a unique perspective. I always enjoy the stuff you give us on what happens near the sidelines between the players and what the broadcast never shows us.

Frosty
10-08-2018, 10:26 AM
Was there a flag on the last play (the late hit on Hill OB)?

Yeah, it was flagged.

gblowfish
10-08-2018, 10:28 AM
Jacksonville News has some good stuff, and links to lots of highlights. Bortles four picks was a career high. They're down on him big time. https://www.jacksonville.com/sports/20181007/blast-from-past-jaguars-offense-melts-down-in-loss-to-kansas-city

stevieray
10-08-2018, 10:30 AM
Right on.

I have blocked all sports talk out of my life. It’s tempting to take it all in since the Chiefs finally have a legit QB but let’s be frank - all but maybe a couple, certainly less than 5, are just ****ing hot take factories. And regarding the Chiefs, ain’t nobody got time for that!

It’s amazing how legitimately competitive football satisfies my need for football. I don’t listen to that crap, and I don’t miss it. Before, we were competitive but it was clear weren’t winning shit without some blind luck or a crazy hot streak. It is tremendously satisfying to be able to roll in anywhere and have a shot to win. That’s not to say I don’t expect the D to get us some Ls, but I think before I was trying to fill the void of old conservative Chief football with something now I don’t have to.

hope has been replaced by faith, at least for me.

TwistedChief
10-08-2018, 10:31 AM
My favorite part of the game - and one of my favorite experiences ever at Arrowhead - was after the second Ford unsportsmanlike that got him tossed. The crowd was amped up and became thunderous for a period when the game clock wasn't even moving. Typically people eventually realize the game isn't live and it dies down, but this time it was different. It at some point became clear there was some commercial break at hand but the crowd kept the same loud intensity for something like a solid 2 minutes. It was about as intimidating as I've ever seen the crowd and I was there for both of the record-breaking loudness games. It felt like a real f*** you to Jacksonville that we were going to dominate them if they ever came back to Arrowhead again for a playoff game. So much fun.

penguinz
10-08-2018, 10:33 AM
Was there a flag on the last play (the late hit on Hill OB)?Yes

Sassy Squatch
10-08-2018, 10:33 AM
LMAO The officials seemed to be waiting for us to shut the fuck up to resume play. Nope.

MVChiefFan
10-08-2018, 10:38 AM
My favorite part of the game - and one of my favorite experiences ever at Arrowhead - was after the second Ford unsportsmanlike that got him tossed. The crowd was amped up and became thunderous for a period when the game clock wasn't even moving. Typically people eventually realize the game isn't live and it dies down, but this time it was different. It at some point became clear there was some commercial break at hand but the crowd kept the same loud intensity for something like a solid 2 minutes. It was about as intimidating as I've ever seen the crowd and I was there for both of the record-breaking loudness games. It felt like a real f*** you to Jacksonville that we were going to dominate them if they ever came back to Arrowhead again for a playoff game. So much fun.

The crazy thing is, there was no commercial break. I don’t know what was going on, but we witnessed the whole thing on TV. The ref just standing there holding the ball, Mahomes jumping up and down waving his arms, the crowd was just deafening. Even on TV it was a thing of beauty! I was super emotional and amped up!

Red Beans
10-08-2018, 10:38 AM

It was pretty magical. It reminded me of the old Arrowhead mystique that I knew as a kid. After braving the monsoon all morning too. The fans were pretty damn solid.

Rasputin
10-08-2018, 10:42 AM

I think part of this the 3 out of four games were away and this is week five people are longing to see our savior at work Hell yeah people are ampt!

Again we turn around next week for a road game we get 2 home games in 6 weeks that's fucking bullshit. Bungles ears are going bleed when they come to Arrowhead.

Rasputin
10-08-2018, 10:44 AM
I gotta say work was fun and going to work is fun i'm like strutting like a peacock Denver fans gotta love them tears quenching my thirst :BLVD:

Frosty
10-08-2018, 10:50 AM
The crazy thing is, there was no commercial break. I don’t know what was going on, but we witnessed the whole thing on TV. The ref just standing there holding the ball, Mahomes jumping up and down waving his arms, the crowd was just deafening. Even on TV it was a thing of beauty! I was super emotional and amped up!

They said on TV something about how the refs were reconsidering Ford's ejection due to "special considerations". Whatever that means.

oldman
10-08-2018, 11:01 AM
They said on TV something about how the refs were reconsidering Ford's ejection due to "special considerations". Whatever that means.

That doesn't help us now. There was a question about in during the game. I don't remember seeing a replay, just in real time, but I didn't think it was all that bad. Ford looked like he about ran into a table or bench and just turned around. I don't think he stopped and stood over Bortles. As much trash as Jax was talking, it seemed pretty ticky-tack to me.

oldman
10-08-2018, 11:15 AM
Well, maybe he was just asking if he was OK. Still pretty bogus after all the Jax antics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsW-X6EDeok

KCUnited
10-08-2018, 11:15 AM
This was my first game at Arrowhead since the 2014 Pats game. George obviously has everything covered, but I’ll add that Chunt was standing at gate D handing out the “I cheer for [insert cancer survivor name] cards”. He was a total goob standing there in his suit but was being a great sport posing for selfies with drenched fans. He actually looked like he was having fun with everyone and enjoying the wet mullet, tucked jerseys (wtf?) into denim spectacle.

chuxtrux
10-08-2018, 11:20 AM
When the crowd got amped in the fourth quarter my buddy sitting next to me was starting to get light headed from yelling so much. I am glad I still had some voice left to yell at that point.

Halfcan
10-08-2018, 11:24 AM
Right on.

I have blocked all sports talk out of my life. It’s tempting to take it all in since the Chiefs finally have a legit QB but let’s be frank - all but maybe a couple, certainly less than 5, are just ****ing hot take factories. And regarding the Chiefs, ain’t nobody got time for that!

Even at 5-0 I feel we have not played our best football. Receivers have dropped several TD's, we have had some dumb penalties and let teams back in the game after having big leads. The injuries are piling up, but this team looks pretty deep on talent. I think we are playing at about 80% of our capabilities of putting a perfect game together in all facets. I hope that happens this week against the Pats.

If we lose- the media will act like this 5 game win streak was a fluke. I think we go 6-0 though.

cabletech94
10-08-2018, 11:42 AM
sorry for your loss, blowfish. neighbor cat had a hand in the victory today, without a doubt. cats > jaguars. simple math right there.

thanks for going to the game, and always a great read.

MVChiefFan
10-08-2018, 12:17 PM

Oh, okay, that makes sense. I heard that but didn’t make the correlation between the two.

Clyde Frog
10-08-2018, 03:09 PM

That’s the point the where I simultaneously lost my voice and went temporarily deaf for a few hours. That was loud and probably terrifying to the opposing fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gblowfish
10-08-2018, 05:22 PM
When fans beat on the seat backs to make a rumble like thunder. that's awesome.

Sassy Squatch
10-08-2018, 05:28 PM
Hill and Conley were laughing and egging the fans on for a bit when the noise was at its peak.

GloryDayz
10-08-2018, 05:37 PM
When fans beat on the seat backs to make a rumble like thunder. that's awesome.

Boat horns....

SAUTO
10-08-2018, 05:41 PM
Shrug.

You can talk shit. That's fine. You can't stand over a guy and talk shit though, which is what Ford did. These aren't valid comparisons.

What about 36 on our rb at the goal line?

GloryDayz
10-08-2018, 05:42 PM
What about 36 on our rb at the goal line?

Officials call everything they see, but only see what they want.

SAUTO
10-08-2018, 05:48 PM
Officials call everything they see, but only see what they want.

You didn't understand lol

GloryDayz
10-08-2018, 05:50 PM
You didn't understand lol

Perhaps I missed it.

suzzer99
10-08-2018, 05:51 PM
The Jags seem to be really good at taunting when the refs aren't looking and staying within an inch of the line when they are. The Chiefs don't taunt nearly as much so their ref-management skills are rusty.

Also by the end, when Ford decided to do his Muhammad Ali impersonation over Goff, the refs were calling every little ticky tack thing.

I'm kinda glad Ford had to sit in time out and watch his teammates play the rest of the game. He needs to be smarter in those spots, regardless of whatever BS the Jags were pulling. Same with Jones. We're just asking for some gigantic taunting or BS personal foul after the play to decide a playoff game. We don't run well on those things. Reid needs to stop coddling it too. Imagine Belichik if someone on his team pulled that. Or Saban - lol.

otherstar
10-09-2018, 08:25 AM
Sorry for your loss, and thanks for the great write up!

jaa1025
10-09-2018, 09:07 AM
It's pretty amazing the Chiefs are 5-0 at this point with this schedule.

@Chargers--One of the most talented rosters in football. Almost everyone was picking them to win the AFCW. HoF QB.

@Steelers--HoF QB. Reid's krytonite team. Incredibly difficult to win in Pittsburgh. Even with the problems they have an amazing offense.

49ers--Pre Garoppolo injury, good offense and very good front 7. Easiest game on schedule for the first 6 weeks and its not a gimmie.

@Denver--Division Rival. HoF talent on defense and an improved offense. One of the toughest places to win on the road due to crowd and altitude.

Jacksonville--Short week. Incredibly tough defense with an "improved Bortles" and offense.

5-0? With a new QB, bad defense, I'm sure many had the Chiefs (outside KC) 0-5 or 1-5. I'd have been delighted with 3-2 personally. In reality, none of the games have been that close outside of Denver. The Chiefs have been manhandling teams. The defense isn't close to as bad as their stats show (rush defense is terrible though). Offense is the best in the league and Mahomes is the difference.

The NFL didn't do the Chiefs any favors this week either. NE on the road and they have an extra 3 days to rest and prepare for the Chiefs.

SuperBowl4
10-09-2018, 09:14 AM
I was surprised how many empty seats there were for a CHIEFS team that is playing this great. Maybe the rain kept them away. One of the best games I have ever been to at ARROWHEAD. Section 336 row 15 is a AWESOME view! :arrow: GO CHIEFS :arrow:

Molitoth
10-09-2018, 09:18 AM
I was surprised how many empty seats there were for a CHIEFS team that is playing this great. Maybe the rain kept them away. One of the best games I have ever been to at ARROWHEAD. Section 336 row 15 is a AWESOME view! :arrow: GO CHIEFS :arrow:

Seats looked pretty full after Q1 when the rain stopped.

The middle (yellow seats) section is always half full. A lot of corporate seats that people are no-shows for.

GloryDayz
10-09-2018, 09:39 AM
Seats looked pretty full after Q1 when the rain stopped.

The middle (yellow seats) section is always half full. A lot of corporate seats that people are no-shows for.

I've sat in them once, they are indeed awesome. VERY awesome. But not awesome enough for the price they ask online. $200+ is just stupid! I get why they're empty!

suzzer99
10-09-2018, 09:45 AM
Also aren't a lot of those suite seats? So in the rain of course people are going to be up in the suites.

Molitoth
10-09-2018, 09:49 AM
I've sat in them once, they are indeed awesome. VERY awesome. But not awesome enough for the price they ask online. $200+ is just stupid! I get why they're empty!

My company had 8 seats in this section for years and it was fun to sit there for free. A lot of players families sit in those sections.

GloryDayz
10-09-2018, 09:57 AM
My company had 8 seats in this section for years and it was fun to sit there for free. A lot of players families sit in those sections.

Mine doesn't.

Old Dog
10-09-2018, 09:58 AM
RIP Neighbor Cat

BigRedChief
10-09-2018, 01:11 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tyreek Hill out here serving pancakes. <a href="https://t.co/mRisOd6FPg">pic.twitter.com/mRisOd6FPg</a></p>&mdash; Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/1049732154282975232?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 9, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BigRedChief
10-09-2018, 01:15 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This might be the quote of the weekend from Jags safety Tashaun Gipson on the Chiefs offense: &quot;That coach is legendary...that play calling is something I&#39;ve never seen before...they beat us like we stole something.&quot; <a href="https://twitter.com/KCTV5?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KCTV5</a> <a href="https://t.co/E9Zl9zbldR">pic.twitter.com/E9Zl9zbldR</a></p>&mdash; Dani Welniak (@KCTVDani) <a href="https://twitter.com/KCTVDani/status/1049510705014149120?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 9, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

cooper barrett
10-09-2018, 03:20 PM

Had and WAS