PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Why ESPN Sucks

Dartgod
10-09-2018, 10:45 AM
There are many more reasons than this, but I saw this today and it makes me do this:

:spock:

Their new power rankings have the Rams #1 and Chiefs #2, but the comments about remaining strength of schedule have me scratching my head.

Rams

Rest-of-season SOS ranking: 16th. The Rams' toughest remaining game is Week 9 at the Saints, where they have a 57 percent chance to win, according to FPI.

Chiefs

Rest-of-season SOS ranking: 23rd. The Chiefs' toughest game of the season, according to FPI, will be Sunday night at the Patriots, where they have a 33 percent chance to win.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24933106/nfl-power-rankings-picking-toughest-games-all-32-teams

Gosh, I would have thought each teams toughest remaining game would be each other.

KC Dan
10-09-2018, 10:47 AM
Gosh, I would have thought each teams toughest remaining game would be each other.
See, you can't make sense like this. Media idiots

kysirsoze
10-09-2018, 10:47 AM
Particularly weird since you'd think they'd take the chance to plug a big game on their own network.

DMAC
10-09-2018, 10:50 AM
They're just surfing reddit and half assing it like everyone else.

Bearcat
10-09-2018, 10:53 AM
Heh... the Rams play both the Saints and Chiefs on the road, so you could maybe say the Chiefs' toughest remaining game is the Patriots on the road and not the Rams at home.

Rams/Saints though... :spock:

Idiots.

Dartgod
10-09-2018, 11:09 AM
Heh... the Rams play both the Saints and Chiefs on the road, so you could maybe say the Chiefs' toughest remaining game is the Patriots on the road and not the Rams at home.

Rams/Saints though... :spock:

Idiots.

We play the Rams in Mexico City. Technically a home game for them, but both of us will be on the road.

Halfcan
10-09-2018, 11:16 AM
Rest-of-season SOS ranking: 23rd. The Chiefs' toughest game of the season, according to FPI, will be Sunday night at the Patriots, where they have a 33 percent chance to win.

Wow, that high huh-lol

cooper barrett
10-09-2018, 11:23 AM
LA is a new, larger market for ESPN. Did you think power ratings were honest between large market and humble NFL teams. I doubt ESPN gives a crap what Chiefs fans think of them but iF you can afford to bitch...

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--rQ6PeczJ--/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/bpxdrbkdvalmv023y9lm.png

There are many more reasons than this, but I saw this today and it makes me do this:

Their new power rankings have the Rams #1 and Chiefs #2, but the comments about remaining strength of schedule have me scratching my head.

Buehler445
10-09-2018, 11:28 AM
That is pretty low int he reasons that ESPN sucks asshole.

I've quit reading/listening to sports talk/opinions alltogether. They're largely a joke. The only guy I try to catch these days is Russillo. and all he has now is a podcast. I can't think of another guy I give a fuck what they think. Might try that Chris simms podcast.

chiefzilla1501
10-09-2018, 11:38 AM

I thought it was weird too. The big difference is that the rams are a neutral site game while new England is an away game on national TV. Same with new Orleans which will be played in a dome and on turf. I'm most worried about the rams but I understand the logic. Away games apparently have a huge influence on the ranking.

Frazod
10-09-2018, 11:44 AM
I'm so sick of hearing about the fucking Lambs that I almost hope Denver beats them this weekend.

Almost.

Buehler445
10-09-2018, 11:56 AM
I'm so sick of hearing about the fucking Lambs that I almost hope Denver beats them this weekend.

Almost.

Fuck Donk Forever.

Bearcat
10-09-2018, 12:06 PM
We play the Rams in Mexico City. Technically a home game for them, but both of us will be on the road.

Oh, right.

Well, I could work for ESPN.

ChiefBlueCFC
10-09-2018, 12:52 PM
I was curious about the toughest remaining games for both as well. While I understand the Pats game being more difficult for the Chiefs as it is a true road game, I'd venture to guess given how well the Rams offense has played and the fact that their defense is very very good as well would make the Rams game more difficult.

But what do I know.

New World Order
10-09-2018, 12:53 PM
Ha

Good catch

KChiefs1
10-09-2018, 07:39 PM

Almost.

You can hope all you want but the Rams are going to lay a beating on the Donkos.

T-post Tom
10-09-2018, 07:46 PM
You can hope all you want but the Rams are going to lay a beating on the Donkos.

Donks are already dead. I want the lambs to lose every remaining game. (I know...won't happen.) The more games the lambs lose, the higher that 2nd round pick goes.
:hmmm:

Nickhead
10-09-2018, 07:55 PM
i will post this one more time, and this is the perfect thread for it: (it's not espn, but... still)

look very closely at this photo :D

Pitt Gorilla
10-09-2018, 07:57 PM

Gosh, I would have thought each teams toughest remaining game would be each other.why would you think that? I haven’t looked at the FPI, whatever that is, but it’s really easy to create data where that game is not the toughest for each.

If the numbers suggest that the rams have a 58% chance of beating the Chiefs, then the saints are a more difficult game. That would mean the chiefs have around a 42% chance of beating the rams, which is higher than beating the patriots.

SuperBowl4
10-09-2018, 08:33 PM
The bald headed guy who dose the recap at night is just F-ing horrible. I'd rather watch paint dry.

notorious
10-09-2018, 08:39 PM
ESPN is only good for college football games.

I used to listen to their talk radio from 8-5 pm for years. They drove me away in a hurry.

MMXcalibur
10-09-2018, 08:44 PM

:hmmm:

I thought the same thing when reading through their rankings.

Bump
10-09-2018, 08:47 PM
To answer the title:

Disney

/thread

Rasputin
10-09-2018, 08:51 PM
This is a network that hired and employed Herm Edwards for number of years what do you expect?

Buehler445
10-09-2018, 08:54 PM
The bald headed guy who dose the recap at night is just F-ing horrible. I'd rather watch paint dry.

Van Pelt? He used to be good on the radio. That segment is super over produced.

Buehler445
10-09-2018, 08:55 PM
This is a network that hired and employed Herm Edwards for number of years what do you expect?

FUCK Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards.

carcosa
10-09-2018, 09:24 PM
ESPN sucks cuz of thei're LIE-beral DUH-genda!!!!

Imon Yourside
10-09-2018, 10:23 PM
This is probably closer to reality...Chiefs 6th and Rams 27th

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

ESPN's is based solely on last year.

Don Corlemahomes
10-09-2018, 10:29 PM
This is probably closer to reality...Chiefs 6th and Rams 27th

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

ESPN's is based solely on last year.

You could work for ESPN.

PunkinDrublic
10-09-2018, 11:14 PM
We might as well get used to it. The larger market team is going to get the benefit of the doubt while the smaller market Chiefs destroying the number 1 defense is going to be dismissed. It hasn’t just been ESPN it’s been most of the sports media.

Imon Yourside
10-09-2018, 11:35 PM
You could work for ESPN.

Is this an insult or an honor? :D