PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Supersong Tournament: Round 1, Heat 9. (PICK TWO)

Rain Man
10-09-2018, 06:57 PM
In Round One, I'll put the nominees up in random clumps of five, and you'll pick the TWO musical acts that you would most like, or least hate, to see on the world's biggest stage as the Chiefs face some NFC team next year. In subsequent rounds this system may evolve.

The rules are more or less non-existent. Lobby for anyone you like, post videos for us, and make any arguments against totally insipid groups and rappers. Convince us one way or the other.

Rain Man
10-09-2018, 07:11 PM
My winners.

#1 - Wait, the Eagles are touring? With Joe Walsh and Don Henley? This is huge. Count me in.

#2 - Wait, ELO is touring? With Jeff Lynne? This is huge. Count me in.

My non-winners.

#3 - Weird Al Yankovic. I like Weird Al and all. I've got nothing against Weird Al. But a Super Bowl is a serious event that requires serious artists. So he doesn't make my vote.

#4 - Joe Bonamassa. I like guitar, but not that much guitar.

#5 - Lil Jon. I watched the first video and the song was terrible, but it seemed to involve a strip joint so I made it through. The second song started to give me a seizure so I had to turn it off. I don't vote for performances that give me seizures.

patteeu
10-09-2018, 08:30 PM
I voted for the Eagles and Weird Al. I envision Weird Al doing a customized show with NFL/Superbowl related lyrics and maybe a medley of some of his hits.

I would have loved to vote for ELO, but I like Weird Al for variety and the Eagles are more broadly popular than ELO.

luv
10-10-2018, 07:55 AM
Eagles and Weird Al.

I've always been a fan of Weird Al. He's an extremely smart person, who chose to to what he loves for a living. I think he'd make an extremely entertaining halftime performer. Right now, I'd say he's my second overall pick.

Old Dog
10-10-2018, 08:14 AM
Lil' John and Eagles for me

Nzoner
10-10-2018, 10:22 AM
You seriously put Eagles,ELO,and Bonamassa in the same heat,should've spread them out based on the choices from some of those other heats.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/G5ZRENlmdAE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rasputin
10-11-2018, 09:57 AM
Weird Al

Everybody loves a Polka

htismaqe
10-11-2018, 09:58 AM
Do the majority of football fans live in the past or is it just CP? LOL

Coochie liquor
10-11-2018, 10:03 AM
Lil Jon and Eagles as long as they have a hologram Don Henley!

Rain Man
10-12-2018, 10:52 AM
The Eagles and ELO move on. Nice try, Weird Al.

Pitt Gorilla
10-12-2018, 12:17 PM
Seriously? Al is one of the best out there live. Whether his costumed stage act or his last tour of originals.

htismaqe
10-12-2018, 12:29 PM
Seriously? Al is one of the best out there live. Whether his costumed stage act or his last tour of originals.

Gotta get some freaking septaginarians out there to sing 30-year old "greatest hits".

Love is like oxygen, yo.

Rasputin
10-12-2018, 06:01 PM
with Weird Al you can get all music element mantra everyone would be happy.

His music is a blend of Chicken Pot Pie

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7XLAlPCJ8fE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kysirsoze
10-12-2018, 11:16 PM
Oh man. If the NFL got Weird Al to do the halftime show I would forget all about concussions, anthem shit, spygate, deflategate, whatever "gate" the Patriots pull this year, "forward progress", Those bullshit Elway SBs, Maclin tampering.... All of it. Total redemption.