PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Supersong Tournament: Round 1, Heat 10. (PICK TWO)

Rain Man
10-11-2018, 11:50 AM
In Round One, I'll put the nominees up in random clumps of five, and you'll pick the TWO musical acts that you would most like, or least hate, to see on the world's biggest stage as the Chiefs face some NFC team next year. In subsequent rounds this system may evolve.

The rules are more or less non-existent. Lobby for anyone you like, post videos for us, and make any arguments against totally insipid groups and rappers. Convince us one way or the other.

luv
10-11-2018, 12:13 PM
Imagine Dragons and Incubus. I nominated Incubus as a joke, but they pass this heat, IMO.

Rasputin
10-11-2018, 12:16 PM
imp Bizkit loser baby so why hasn't anyone killed him yet?

lcarus
10-11-2018, 12:16 PM
None. I looked at the Billboard rock charts the other day and Imagine Dragons had the top 3 songs on the list. If that doesnt say it all about the current state of rock music I dont know what does

patteeu
10-11-2018, 12:40 PM
Usually I prefer variety in my two picks, but southern rock won this round for me. I voted for Drivin and Cryin, a great and highly underrated band, and The Record Company.

I was going to give my 2nd vote to Imagine Dragons due to their popularity, but a quick YouTube audition by TRC won me over.

carcosa
10-11-2018, 12:48 PM
This is... Not a good heat

TLO
10-11-2018, 02:00 PM
This is... Not a good tournament

FIFY

I miss the days of voting on which chick was the hottest. Now we have polls about Limp Biskit and Imagine Dragons

SuperChief
10-11-2018, 02:41 PM
Incubus is (was) incredible. Morning View and Make Yourself are decade-defining albums.

carcosa
10-11-2018, 02:43 PM
FIFY

I miss the days of voting on which chick was the hottest. Now we have polls about Limp Biskit and Imagine Dragons

I want too have a horney boner!!!!

Coochie liquor
10-11-2018, 02:45 PM
Drivin n Cryin and Incubus!

Rain Man
10-11-2018, 02:59 PM
My winners:

1. Limp Bizkit - I disliked misspelled names, but Limp Bizkit really does a good job of channeling my inner angst and rage. I'd like to see them do that Hot Dog song at the Super Bowl.

2. The Record Company - They're a good solid musical group. They've got a good beat and I can dance to them.

My non-winners:

3. Drivin' and Cryin' - I don't see anything notable about them, and don't see anything objectionable about them. I'm just drivin' and starin' blankly.

4. Incubus - They're not terrible by any means. I could see them playing a wedding reception or something.

5. Imagine Dragons - Corporate music. They're fine for elevators.

Zebedee DuBois
10-11-2018, 03:01 PM
I know I am an old fart, but this tournament is really driving it home.

So far, my strategy has been:
1.) Do I like any songs by the artist? vote given
2.) Have I even heard of this artist? vote given
3.) Does the artist name sound at all interesting? vote given

I am employing exclusionary tactics
A.) if they have played the SB previously, the artist is excluded.
B.) if I remember the artist from when I was in High School, they are excluded - no one wants to see wrinkly old farts driving their rascals back and forth on the stage.

luv
10-11-2018, 03:16 PM
FIFY

If you don't like it, well, it was a nomination tournament, so.....

Rain Man
10-11-2018, 04:14 PM
I know I am an old fart, but this tournament is really driving it home.

So far, my strategy has been:
1.) Do I like any songs by the artist? vote given
2.) Have I even heard of this artist? vote given
3.) Does the artist name sound at all interesting? vote given

I am employing exclusionary tactics
A.) if they have played the SB previously, the artist is excluded.
B.) if I remember the artist from when I was in High School, they are excluded - no one wants to see wrinkly old farts driving their rascals back and forth on the stage.

I feel kind of guilty that I'm voting frequently for acts from the 1970s, but I blame that mostly on millennials and their inability to produce good music.

TLO
10-11-2018, 04:29 PM
If you don't like it, well, it was a nomination tournament, so.....

Yay

Rain Man
10-13-2018, 10:38 AM
The I's have it. Imagine Dragons and Incubus move on.

TrebMaxx
10-13-2018, 11:55 AM
Can we have a "Superthong Tournament" next?